• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't Let you cut me Sakurai, Wolf for DLC

eltacoenojado

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys. Haven't been on this thread for a while, but I want you all to know I'm still voting for Wolf and trying to get all my friends weather they play smash or not to vote for him. I hope we can see him soon. Don't give up hope!

Dark Dire Wolf

Smash Journeyman
I just read that Sakurai stated the next DLCs will be fan service. That doesn't make Wolf look like a lock...

Mellos

Smash Journeyman
NNID
El_Beslic
God, this is so confusing. the meaning of "serviece" Is a little different In Japan than what we are used to.
Well, Wolf is the most requested Veteran, so is this still "Fan-serviece" then or not? D:

This is fresh: Voting for veterans only: http://strawpoll.me/4736519/r
People expect Wolf in the August patch, along with tournament mode and the two new stages. lso fresh: https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/..._new_dlc_character_will_be_released/?sort=top

Goddamnit. I don´t know what to think honestly :/

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I don't know what to think here except to prepare for the worst in case anyone other than Wolf takes the spotlight before and/or after the ballot ends.

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
People expect Wolf in the August patch, along with tournament mode and the two new stages. lso fresh: https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/..._new_dlc_character_will_be_released/?sort=top

Goddamnit. I don´t know what to think honestly :/
I completely expect another character since a precedent has been set. Especially now that Nintendo's latest announcement wasn't exactly well received, they won't want to disappoint people more. And it seems like Wolf is one of the only logical choices since they can pretty much port him in. Remember when Lucas was announced on April 1 with a trailer showing him mostly complete, but we still had to wait (while they finished Royu)? I have a feeling he was ported mostly. Wolf could be the same.

That theory fits pretty well with the idea of those two missing slots as pre-ballot, which we could get in August, and then the ballot ends in October. We'd likely not be seeing ballot characters until Feb/March at least, so those teo could tide us over until then.

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
Well it looks like the floodgates are open now, and people are going to hit the ballot with everything they've got. It's going to be an interesting few months.

I don't know what to think here except to prepare for the worst in case anyone other than Wolf takes the spotlight before and/or after the ballot ends.
Pretty much. All we can do is cast our votes for Wolf and hope for the best.

CaptainJimmBob

Smash Journeyman
We did not get any info that we did not already know besides that we would be getting lots of new characters, or at least more than originally expected.

And what qualifies as a new character? I seem to recall they named Lucas and Mewtwo "new characters" in their trailers, even though they were veterans. They still said "returning characters" later on throughout, but I could swear they said like "Mewtwo is joining the battle as a neeeeeewwww fighter!"

Plus what are we supposed to do from now to October? The ballot does not end until then and it seems almost unfair to release ballot characters before it is over. There has to be something in between, especially how they released all the characters at once in that last Direct.

I have said things will happen before, and often I was wrong, but trust me on this one, Wolf or at least some sort of pre-ballot character WILL happen before the first ballot character.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

Mellos

Smash Journeyman
NNID
El_Beslic
So, people think Wolf will be revealed in August, even if Sakurai said that the next characters are fan service and not preballot like some other user said above?
Pretty much. The thing I don´t get is: Why make ballot votes until october (officaly) and now announce via a small(er) media platfrom they will "start early" with the (temporary) "winners". Like 2-3 months before the original plan? Doesn´t sound logic to me. Or am I getting something wrong here? Did Sakurai only meant he will start working on the balllot winner NOW, so they can finish atleast one until October? The translation was... rubbish.

Well, here is something listen too:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Amje3YW5QTI

Last edited:

CaptainJimmBob

Smash Journeyman
If Sakurai managed to disregard the fact that Wolf would be easy to make, is a nice promotion for new StarFox, is a unique StarFox character, and provides another villain, a unique type of villain (midweight) not in the game, to be exact, I have a hard time believing that he would continue to disregard Wolf after all the support Wolf seems to be getting in the Ballot. I think all these things combined he would finally put two and two (or... 6...) and decide to develop them.

Seriously, if Wolf is not being worked on already for pre-ballot, he would be a ballot choice.

I know for a solid fact SOMETHING is being worked on. Whether it is a ballot character that they want to release right as the ballot ends, or the last couple pre-ballots, I can tell you without a shadow of any doubt what-so-ever some character is being worked on.

Sakurai's team is not just gonna sit around for 4 months.

Last edited:

Forty4

Smash Cadet
NNID
ThePriceIsWrong
It's pretty asinine to think Sakurai isn't working on Wolf. He said that Lucas was added purely because of fan outcry, and now people want in Wolf so it's safe to say that Wolf has a high chance of making it in solely because of demand.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Remember people.

There is still that confirmed august update.

He's got one more shot. :wolf:

Forty4

Smash Cadet
NNID
ThePriceIsWrong
Remember people.

Not to mention the Smash Ballot. If he isn't added during August, there's still the later months that he may be added.

Edit- We also have to keep in mind that his semi-clone status won't keep him from getting in because Lucas got in, and Roy did too, with alterations to the latter's moveset while keeping the same play style.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Pretty much. The thing I don´t get is: Why make ballot votes until october (officaly) and now announce via a small(er) media platfrom they will "start early" with the (temporary) "winners". Like 2-3 months before the original plan? Doesn´t sound logic to me. Or am I getting something wrong here? Did Sakurai only meant he will start working on the balllot winner NOW, so they can finish atleast one until October? The translation was... rubbish.

Well, here is something listen too:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Amje3YW5QTI
I wouldn't say that they are not left out yet. Let me tell you that there are two more slots at the bottom of each character page next to Ryu that have not been revealed yet. And dataminers did find five slot placeholders for DLC characters after Mewtwo. Three of them, Lucas, Roy and Ryu were revealed and make up three of them, so there must be at least two more pre-planned characters left. After all, Sakurai did say there are several more characters to go, and several means more than two, right?

BTW, here is a link to some of the data mining that found the files.

https://i0.wp.com/i.imgur.com/GTZ59o2.png

Last edited:

Forty4

Smash Cadet
NNID
ThePriceIsWrong
Ice Climbers would also be a good option if for a Wii U-/New 3DS-only character, but I digress. Here's to Wolf for DLC.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I know all that, but the 2 Marios could just be the ballot character. :/
Not sure about that. It takes a lot of time to make one character, as the developers said, and Mewtwo was released in April long after the Direct that revealed. Plus, the ballot is still not that old. It may be older in August, but if they started working on ballot characters by now, I have a feeling they are still being made, and won't be finished for a while. So I have my doubts on seeing ballot characters be revealed in August.

CaptainJimmBob

Smash Journeyman
I found this comment on one of Etika's videos. Thought it was rather true.

"No characters mainly from other fighting games." Ryu is released. "No extra characters." Mewtwo is announced. "We've been working hard only on Mewtwo." Lucas, Roy, and Ryu are released. At this point, I trust nothing that man says until it is confirmed or he is confirmed to have stopped working on smash altogether. Past that, everything's fair game.
I am not sure who posted it, but it is true. We really can't trust Sakurai. He is a troll, a devious little mastermind.

shane3x

Saint of Swords
The only time I'd be worried about Wolf is if Star Fox Wii U gets released, we get 2/3 Smash ballot characters and we still have zero announcement/release of Wolf somehow after all that.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Now that I'm not as salty as when I first heard the news, I can start thinking clearly again, hey @ PushDustIn PushDustIn did Sakurai say the fanservice characters would be ballot only or did he just say more fanservice characters in general?

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep
Now that I'm not as salty as when I first heard the news, I can start thinking clearly again, hey @ PushDustIn PushDustIn did Sakurai say the fanservice characters would be ballot only or did he just say more fanservice characters in general?
According to the untranslated passage, Sakurai said "service", which is decided to be translated to "fan service" but we can't be sure. So he not only did not state about where this fan service will be from, but also didn't specifically say it's a "fan service"

just saying.
Not to mention the Smash Ballot. If he isn't added during August, there's still the later months that he may be added.

Edit- We also have to keep in mind that his semi-clone status won't keep him from getting in because Lucas got in, and Roy did too, with alterations to the latter's moveset while keeping the same play style.
People still call Wolf a semi-clone?

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
According to the untranslated passage, Sakurai said "service", which is decided to be translated to "fan service" but we can't be sure. So he not only did not state about where this fan service will be from, but also didn't specifically say it's a "fan service"

just saying.
Well, there are a lot of people who want Wolf back in Smash. There are quite so many of them. Maybe Wolf is part of the "fan service" as a way to appeal to the many fans who wanted him in? Just a thought.

Last edited:

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Can't they just check your IP and then count it as one vote though? Or worst case scenario, disregard the whole vote entirely for illegitimacy.

Anyways, just voted. Hope it was not in vain.
Just don't do it consistently, if it locks you out, just try again later, or head out to Best buy and vote for Wolf on all the computers they have on display that can connect to the internet. Also sent about 15 votes Wolf's way.
Well, there are a lot of people who want Wolf back in Smash. There are quite so many of them. Maybe Wolf is part of the "fan service" as a way to appeal to the many fans who wanted him in? Just a thought.
Yeah that's a good idea.

Last edited:

PurpleSoda

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KingQuagsire101
Well it looks like the floodgates are open now, and people are going to hit the ballot with everything they've got. It's going to be an interesting few months.

Pretty much. All we can do is cast our votes for Wolf and hope for the best.
Its al ogre now,literally the ballot will be filled with Shrek and the Happy Meal Box

PurpleSoda

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KingQuagsire101

just saying.
People still call Wolf a semi-clone?
BRUH,people call him a full clone

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Remember people.

That

And that the data hack with the ryu and roy sound files which leaked them

There were 5 marios u der mewtwo which presented as empty slots as dlc

The 3 out now makes 4 so theres 2 more preplanned most likely

And those 2 are likely for the august update.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
That

And that the data hack with the ryu and roy sound files which leaked them

There were 5 marios u der mewtwo which presented as empty slots as dlc

The 3 out now makes 4 so theres 2 more preplanned most likely

And those 2 are likely for the august update.
That is what I said earlier. We should have two more preplanned characters left. If only August would come sooner...

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
He said from now on its going to be fan service. So I'm assuming characters that are highly requested on the ballot.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
He said from now on its going to be fan service. So I'm assuming characters that are highly requested on the ballot.
If what you say is true, then we better vote for Wolf on the ballot to make sure he gets in. I still think there are two preplanned characters left, though.

Top Bottom