• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't Let you cut me Sakurai, Wolf for DLC

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Do you like magic tricks? I like magic tricks. :p

I want to track down a copy of Star Fox: Assault, but it might be on Virtual Console later on... Anyway, I wouldn't mind it if Wolf looked like his Assault self. A little more polishing like how Mewtwo's current trophy is different than playable Mewtwo and Wolf would look fine. That or his Assault look could be a blue alt or something.

Also, I just noticed that the end hit for his Jab combo is a headbutt. Why are we missing a brutal moveset?

One thing that does need to change is his idle. Removing the "standing" part where he looks like he's in Fox's stance would fix everything since it's kind of "twitchy" when he moves, stops after moving, and then quickly transitions from that part of his idle to the next. If his idle is rehauled entirely sort of like what happened to Sheik and Bowser, I wouldn't mind one based on Iori Yagami's. For context, Iori also uses "claw" attacks and is the rival to Kyo Kusanagi like how Wolf is Fox's rival.
I'm not sure but that looks more like a bite than a headbutt to me and if it isn't then it should be, seriously he's a wolf, one biting attack wouldn't hurt. Also I feel like changing his design to the assault one would look kinda weird next to Fox and Falco, I dunno I guess I just like consistency between characters from the same franchise. Hence why I hated the idea of link and zelda getting skyward sword alts, just, no

Last edited:

Villager's_Mewtwo

Smash Cadet
NNID
Mewtwo12
3DS FC
0602-6514-9988
I'm not sure but that looks more like a bite than a headbutt to me and if it isn't then it should be, seriously he's a wolf, one biting attack wouldn't hurt. Also I feel like changing his design to the assault one would look kinda weird next to Fox and Falco, I dunno I guess I just like consistency between characters from the same franchise. Hence why I hated the idea of link and zelda getting skyward sword alts, just, no
Off topic but I like your signature with the characters I'm presuming you want as DLC ^>^ I tried to make one like it earlier but It failed XD

Book Jacket

Smash Apprentice
I saw a post on here a couple pages back that mentioned a wolf amiibo with the new Star Fox, and that got me thinking: they could sell the Smash Bros amiibo for DLC characters with included download codes. It kinda makes sense, though if I'm being honest, I don't expect it. Still would be cool though. (Also, add me as a supporter! Loved Wolf in Brawl.)

Villager's_Mewtwo

Smash Cadet
NNID
Mewtwo12
3DS FC
0602-6514-9988
I saw a post on here a couple pages back that mentioned a wolf amiibo with the new Star Fox, and that got me thinking: they could sell the Smash Bros amiibo for DLC characters with included download codes. It kinda makes sense, though if I'm being honest, I don't expect it. Still would be cool though. (Also, add me as a supporter! Loved Wolf in Brawl.)
They would be cool, they did say Mewtwo and Lucas are gonna get Amiibo eventually so maybe they'll include download codes with them

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
It's weird, I always thought the final hit was another slash or something. The thing is that Fox and Falco's current design are close to Command and somewhat close to Star Fox 64 which is where Fox's design was based on in SSB64 and Melee while Brawl and SSB4 used Command mixed with SF64. In Command, Fox kept his sleeves down instead of rolled up like in SF64. The head structure is also where it's from. For Falco, he didn't really change that much from SF64 to Command. It was mostly his head structure and "hair" going from a "mohawk" to being slicked back starting in Assault. It was only in Adventures and Assault where the Star Fox crew looked different while Command returned them to their old, but updated designs.

Wolf's full body wasn't seen until in Assault and technically in Project M which used his Star Fox 2 concept. In SF64, we could only see a part of what looked like a brown jacket. From Assault to Command, he kept his design along with Leon Powalski who also only has what looked like a brown jacket in 64 and was only shown full body in Assault and Panther Caroso who debuted in Assault. So, Wolf could go either way. In Brawl, it seemed like mostly Command as the theme, so Wolf being in an Assault/Command with Star Fox 2 influence was fine, but at the same time, Fox and Falco's design could be considered updated SF64 which would already make Wolf not in theme. In SSB4, their designs are the same, but more vibrant and with the voice acting, it's suggested that the theme is SF64, specifically, the 3D remake. Wolf could show up looking like in Assault/Command and it'd be fine too or he might come back based on SF64. Or he could even come back in his Star Fox Wii U outfit to tease fans.

Isn't Wolf's model in SSBB actually based on his appearance in Star Fox Assault?
It's a mixture of Assault/Command and Star Fox 2 concepts. Assault would be the main part of his outfit, but his shoulder pads are more from Star Fox 2 since Assault's should pads were connected while in Star Fox 2, they were separate. It's also where Project M based the alt for Wolf.

We need to get some big name youtubers on our supporter list and Shofu is a great start.
Seagull Joe said he would play Wolf if he was like Brawl Wolf. Not a big Youtuber, but he's a name people know and he is considered the best Brawl Wolf player. If only Kain was still active...

Last edited:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
It's weird, I always thought the final hit was another slash or something. The thing is that Fox and Falco's current design are close to Command and somewhat close to Star Fox 64 which is where Fox's design was based on in SSB64 and Melee while Brawl and SSB4 used Command mixed with SF64. In Command, Fox kept his sleeves down instead of rolled up like in SF64. The head structure is also where it's from. For Falco, he didn't really change that much from SF64 to Command. It was mostly his head structure and "hair" going from a "mohawk" to being slicked back starting in Assault. It was only in Adventures and Assault where the Star Fox crew looked different while Command returned them to their old, but updated designs.

Wolf's full body wasn't seen until in Assault and technically in Project M which used his Star Fox 2 concept. In SF64, we could only see a part of what looked like a brown jacket. From Assault to Command, he kept his design along with Leon Powalski who also only has what looked like a brown jacket in 64 and was only shown full body in Assault and Panther Caroso who debuted in Assault. So, Wolf could go either way. In Brawl, it seemed like mostly Command as the theme, so Wolf being in an Assault/Command with Star Fox 2 influence was fine, but at the same time, Fox and Falco's design could be considered updated SF64 which would already make Wolf not in theme. In SSB4, their designs are the same, but more vibrant and with the voice acting, it's suggested that the theme is SF64, specifically, the 3D remake. Wolf could show up looking like in Assault/Command and it'd be fine too or he might come back based on SF64. Or he could even come back in his Star Fox Wii U outfit to tease fans.

It's a mixture of Assault/Command and Star Fox 2 concepts. Assault would be the main part of his outfit, but his shoulder pads are more from Star Fox 2 since Assault's should pads were connected while in Star Fox 2, they were separate. It's also where Project M based the alt for Wolf.

Seagull Joe said he would play Wolf if he was like Brawl Wolf. Not a big Youtuber, but he's a name people know and he is considered the best Brawl Wolf player. If only Kain was still active...
From what I can tell Fox and Falco appear to be a mix of Star Fox 64 and command while wolf is a mix of Star Fox command/assault which are the same design minus their proportions and star fox 2. So their both mixtures of old plus new designs so I think wolf fits in with the others unlike if he was based on just one game specifically

Off topic but I like your signature with the characters I'm presuming you want as DLC ^>^ I tried to make one like it earlier but It failed XD
How weird is it that I update it right after you say that? :eek:

Last edited:

C3CC

Smash Lord
It's so unfair that Wolf was cut. Now that Lucas, another unjustified cut, is making a return, I hope Wolf comes back as well. I never used Wolf because he doesn't fit my playstyle, but it was nice having him around. Count with my vote on the Ballot, guys. Good luck!

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
So how confident does everyone feel about Wolf now that Lucas is confirmed? I have to say that I'm in the boat that he's in regardless of the polls, so that allows me to speak a bit more freely about Krystal.

mark welford

Smash Ace
So how confident does everyone feel about Wolf now that Lucas is confirmed? I have to say that I'm in the boat that he's in regardless of the polls, so that allows me to speak a bit more freely about Krystal.
I feel that way too but at the same time I'm on the cautious side and voted for him.

KarleKat

Smash Cadet
As soon as I heard about it on the Direct, I immediately cast a vote for Wolf. Sure, we already have two irritating and overplayed space animals, but Wolf is special. He was my favorite in Brawl, and I loved how feral he was - if they tweaked his Specials a bit then he could truly be unique.

Here's hoping!

Mike Voss-Trikstar

Smash Cadet
NNID
Mikevoss7
3DS FC
4098-4453-7864
Lol. I just voted for wolf like 10 times. I put female in some boxes, put different game titles, and said different reasons.

As soon as I heard about it on the Direct, I immediately cast a vote for Wolf. Sure, we already have two irritating and overplayed space animals, but Wolf is special. He was my favorite in Brawl, and I loved how feral he was - if they tweaked his Specials a bit then he could truly be unique.

Here's hoping!
I hope they don't tweak his specials. That might change his playstyle too much.

Thats basically what I said earlier.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I hope they don't tweak his specials. That might change his playstyle too much.
@ Wintropy Wintropy , oops, I double posted.
You can edit your latter posts and request that they be deleted. So long as you're aware that you're double-posting and clear up / delete the messages, you should be okay.

Archimedes

The Rad Simisear
Switch FC
7772-6031-3529
I will be very very very very very very very disappointed if wolf doesn't make it back in.

He really deserves his spot.

CaptainJimmBob

Smash Journeyman
With Fox having his Star Fox 64 voice, would you rather see Wolf's voice be Brawl/SF Assault based, or SF64 based?

I would prefer the Brawl and SF Assault based voice, but based on Fox and Falco, it seems we would get the SF64 one.

But I hate the SF64 voices >.<

Archimedes

The Rad Simisear
Switch FC
7772-6031-3529
With Fox having his Star Fox 64 voice, would you rather see Wolf's voice be Brawl/SF Assault based, or SF64 based?

I would prefer the Brawl and SF Assault based voice, but based on Fox and Falco, it seems we would get the SF64 one.

Im almost sure they will re use Brawl Wolf since its DLC. They used Brawl Lucas so yeah.

Archimedes

The Rad Simisear
Switch FC
7772-6031-3529
But Lucas does not have an alternative. And he is the only character in his game that is in Smash, so he does not have to match up with them.

But I hope you are right.
They change Ness' voice a bit every game. I dont see why Lucas would be different.

Like I said im guessing its much cheaper to just re-use the old voices, since its just DLC

(Though Im curious if Mewtwo has a voice.)

Last edited:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
They change Ness' voice a bit every game. I dont see why Lucas would be different.

Like I said im guessing its much cheaper to just re-use the old voices, since its just DLC

(Though Im curious if Mewtwo has a voice.)
They only change ness' because they bring in Makiko Ohmoto, Kirby's voice actress to do new lines for his copy abilities so they might as well update ness too

Reggie Amiibo

Smash Cadet
NNID
SpadgerBadger
3DS FC
5472-6503-9144
They only change ness' because they bring in Makiko Ohmoto, Kirby's voice actress to do new lines for his copy abilities so they might as well update ness too
I thought it was because he got a new special move each game.
Melee: PK Flash.
Brawl: PK Starstorm
4: PK Freeze

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
I think Wolf will stick with his Brawl voice. There's so much energy in these threads, I don't even have time to read all the posts in the Official Character Discussion thread, the K.Rool thread and even the Isaac thread! Not that there's anything wrong with that at all...

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869

Would DEFINITELY prefer the SSBB/Assault voice for Wolf. It just matched him so well. Fox's new voice is just bad. Falco's isn't inherently bad, but it doesn't really suit him. I just seriously hope that none of this happens to Wolf.

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
Would DEFINITELY prefer the SSBB/Assault voice for Wolf. It just matched him so well. Fox's new voice is just bad. Falco's isn't inherently bad, but it doesn't really suit him. I just seriously hope that none of this happens to Wolf.
i feel that it has to due to continuity between the starfox characters.

Mellos

Smash Journeyman
NNID
El_Beslic
Holy ****, I was really nervous, Wolf not getting mentioned or voted for in all the polls. But seems like everyone assumes he is in the pipe anyway, so they don´t show him in the results. I really hope that is the case.

Top Bottom