• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't Let you cut me Sakurai, Wolf for DLC

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
He is a better rep than Falco. Period. I'm a StarFox fan and I would love to see tons of SF reps. But lets be honest. Sakurai stated that there wont be signitficatevely more characters than brawl. And Falco fits better as a Fox costume (hope to see this kind of chacacter integration, like peach and daisy, to gain more slots). If this were my desition. StarFox:

Fox
Wolf
Krystal
Abdross

:0

Dreaming is free!!
I don't mind Falco personally, he's still only a semi-clone, and his stance and fighting attributes are unique not only amongst the Starfox characters but amongst all Smash characters. His fighting style looks similar but functions and feels different than Fox'. Still wouldn't mind seeing him changed slightly (unique Usmash and Dsmash, and maybe some unique tech for his specials), but not deleted or made a re-skin of Fox.

yullow321

Smash Rookie
he needs to return hes not that much of a clone and if anyone replaces him it wouold be krystal. I wish it would be general scales though.

Morbi

Scavenger
This is really the only character I want to return. I have always been a huge Wolf fan (ever since Star Fox 64). I dropped Link for Wolf... it was less of me liking Wolf's gameplay... and more of me hating Link's new design. I grew to love Wolf though. I am honestly not to attached to the Brawl roster. There are a lot of out dated characters. R.O.B, Ice Climbers, and Mr. Game and Watch to name a few. So Wolf all the way. I want to main him when his final smash isn't a red landmaster.

I also agree on making his blaster chargeable. That sounds pretty fun.

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
This is really the only character I want to return. I have always been a huge Wolf fan (ever since Star Fox 64). I dropped Link for Wolf... it was less of me liking Wolf's gameplay... and more of me hating Link's new design. I grew to love Wolf though. I am honestly not to attached to the Brawl roster. There are a lot of out dated characters. R.O.B, Ice Climbers, and Mr. Game and Watch to name a few. So Wolf all the way. I want to main him when his final smash isn't a red landmaster.

I also agree on making his blaster chargeable. That sounds pretty fun.

I like R.O.B. and G&W, but respect for the rest, same deal for me man, only it was his badassery in Assault that truly made me appreciate him.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
It's so funny I love the Starfox charaters yet hate the actual Starfox games. I think I juat like furries to much, lol. Anyways I want Wolf to return in the next smash, but I have to disagree with all the people wanting to change he Special moveset. Q_Q Wolfs special moves imo act vastly different from Fox's and Falco's special moveset. Only the Special Up needs to be fixed up a bit so it's a better recovery move. Though I guess it would be cool to see his blaster shoot 3 different lasers at the same time in all different directions, as long as it can still be spammable. xD

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
Some people are worried about whether or not Wolf is returning, but I'm not the slightest bit worried. I mean, he's not only the best villain rep. for Star Fox, but one of Nintendo's better villain reps overall, (as far as characters that can easily be made playable are concerned.) I'd be more concerned for Falco than Wolf.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'm really not worried about Wolf returning. I think he'll make it back. Just a feeling, though.

I also can't help but laugh when people call him a Fox clone, despite only the specials being similar. :p

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I say Falco should have the slightly altered specials which showcases his more blunt and aggressive style of utilizing the equipment provided to the Starfox team.

Wolf should have different specials to match his different style of fighting. He should have black-market weaponry.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
I'd like to see his specials changed a bit more. The way I imagine him, based on his Star Fox appearances and personality, is as a guy who's overly focused on offense. Reflectors are super helpful of course, but I think a more aggressive moveset would reflect his personality better.

I also would personally prefer if they slowed him down and made him stronger...
Basically, in SF games he always attacks Fox and mocks him going "Hah, we have the better ships, you can't beat us!" yet Fox wins by outmaneuvering him. I want him to be someone who severely punishes foes who can't get out of his way but can be outmatched by an opponent's cleverness and agility.

@Bowserlick
I like the concept of him using black-market weaponry. It fits him.

Holdin' it ganster style.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
@Bowserlick
I like the concept of him using black-market weaponry. It fits him.

Holdin' it ganster style.
Wolf NEEDS to use this. It looks like a Uzi :p (Forgive me if I'm wrong, not too familiar with the FPS genre)

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
He should definitely call in Team Star Wolf as a Final Smash, just saying. Falco could get an Arwing and Fox could keep his Landmaster.

I really like the idea of Wolf's specials being black-market weapons.

serazac25

Smash Rookie
I'm good if he turns out as Project M's Wolf. I would like a better dash A , like a dive with claws...like a wolf attacking or a tigeresk thing going on.

SmasherP82

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SmasherP83
3DS FC
4699-8697-4633
Wolf is awesome! If he gets cut i'm probably going to kill something ):< plus he's not even a clone so he should stay anyway and **** anyone who wants him cut!

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
I don't know man, Wolf is probably the most forgettable character in Brawl. I mean... Does he just feel, I don't know, kinda unnecessary? He's not exactly a CLONE, no, but just feels kind of... unnecessary. Very late-feeling add to me.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
With his decent history in Star Fox, Wolf earned his place like anyone else. You finding him forgettable doesn't change that.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Wolf was definitely a deserving character. While not the best addition in Brawl, Sakurai did a very good job in differentiating him from Fox.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I don't know man, Wolf is probably the most forgettable character in Brawl. I mean... Does he just feel, I don't know, kinda unnecessary? He's not exactly a CLONE, no, but just feels kind of... unnecessary. Very late-feeling add to me.
He was the last character added into the game, so it makes sense.

Wolf was an underwhelming choice for a last character imo, but I've grown to accept him more over time. I think the game could easily do without him though, he is one of the easier cuts since he doesn't bring much unique to the table, and he's generally viewed as the less popular semi-clone of Fox.

Does that mean I want him cut? No, not at all. I think he's earned his right to be in, he's definitely a Nintendo All-Star for sure. But if he returns I still think he needs an overhaul to differ his specials more from Fox's. Sure they function differently, but they're really just the same concepts, I'd like him way more if he brought something a lot more interesting to the table other than being an alternate Fox, which we already have Falco for. His A moves are fine, I'm just not so happy about his specials, not to mention his Final Smash ofc.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
He was the last character added into the game, so it makes sense.

Wolf was an underwhelming choice for a last character imo, but I've grown to accept him more over time. I think the game could easily do without him though, he is one of the easier cuts since he doesn't bring much unique to the table, and he's generally viewed as the less popular semi-clone of Fox.

Does that mean I want him cut? No, not at all. I think he's earned his right to be in, he's definitely a Nintendo All-Star for sure. But if he returns I still think he needs an overhaul to differ his specials more from Fox's. Sure they function differently, but they're really just the same concepts, I'd like him way more if he brought something a lot more interesting to the table other than being an alternate Fox, which we already have Falco for. His A moves are fine, I'm just not so happy about his specials, not to mention his Final Smash ofc.
Wolf is the second most important star fox character he should be going nowhere, he isnt a clone like falco remains as partially, falco would go before wolf interms of uniqueness and importance.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Oh no I'm not saying he's not deserving of a place in the roster, but he shouldn't be an afterthought. In that respect he kinda feels like Ganondorf in Melee (And well, kinda still in Brawl). If he had his own moveset that was completely different from Fox's instead of being the same flavor but some key differences (Which at least makes some SENSE for Falco), then he wouldn't feel unnecessary or forgettable at all, at least to me

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Oh no I'm not saying he's not deserving of a place in the roster, but he shouldn't be an afterthought. In that respect he kinda feels like Ganondorf in Melee (And well, kinda still in Brawl). If he had his own moveset that was completely different from Fox's instead of being the same flavor but some key differences (Which at least makes some SENSE for Falco), then he wouldn't feel unnecessary or forgettable at all, at least to me
How does it make sense for Falco at all. He's a bird...
At least Wolf and Fox are from similar species.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Because Fox and Falco are on the same team and have the same training. That is how it makes sense for Falco.
I guess that's true but it's still lazy.

Also, since the specials aren't based on any of their fighting techniques but rather their vehicles, then why doesn't it make sense that Wolf would have similar specials?

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I guess that's true but it's still lazy.

Also, since the specials aren't based on any of their fighting techniques but rather their vehicles, then why doesn't it make sense that Wolf would have similar specials?
Personally I agree but the usual compalint on Wolf is that he is a mercenary and has access to black market weapons. Dumb, I know. :rolleyes:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Wolf was one of my mains so I hope he stays but I'll understand if he is dropped.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
People are stilling thinking Wolf is a Fox/Falco clone better yet people still think Falco is a Fox clone?

I have travelled back in time to '08?

Exactly! Some of the people here only play with one character and don't know the differences between other characters. They just assume they are clones. What happend to the days when people didn't buy games just for one character.

These guys should realise there are no clones in Brawl..only semi-clones.

I don't mind him having such a problem getting back to the stage using his Fire Wolf. That's what air speed is for...Wolf has one of the best air speeds in brawl. Just get under the ledge and do your thing! *aaaoooohhh*

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
Does anyone else think that Toon Link's inclusion increases Wolf's likelihood of coming back even a bit? I'd like to think so, but I have a feeling Toon Link is only back because of Windwaker HD.

Yeah..I agree...though it would be nice to have Wolf because of the lack of villians/anti heroes.

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
I really hope he doesn't get replaced by Krystal, but I have a strange feeling that could happen

If this happens I'll weep uncontrollably before taking a high dosage of sleeping pills and putting my car in cruise control off of a bridge into a chasm of spikes.

D

Deleted member

Isn't the solution obvious?
Give Wolf boobies.

Problem solved.

Top Bottom