• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't Let you cut me Sakurai, Wolf for DLC

D

Deleted member

That's being very generalizing, because even I, as someone who dislikes Wolf being labeled as a clone, mentioned how his moves, despite working differently, are still the same structure.

And it's pretty much ALL his Specials and Final Smash, in comparison to the examples you gave.

Only thing Samus and Lucario have in common is that they shoot balls of energy and shoot giant beams for their Final Smash (which more than just those two do).

Ike and Marth only have the Counter, which seems to just be a staple for FE characters at this point. If you want to stretch it, then Shield Breaker and Eruption can be considered similar, due to Eruption being based off of Roy's Flare Blade.

Why do you think I said "blaster shot, forward dash, multi-directional boost, reflector shield and his Final Smash is pretty much a recolored version of Fox's with different properties"?

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
I'd say just change up B and his final smash. Maybe change up B into something similar to(don't judge) Kiba from Naruto's Fang Over Fang and allow for it to curve, something Fox Fire can't do. I kinda like the idea of the 3 having different elements for their recovery( Fox Fire, Thunder Bird, Wolf Cyclone).

2 things I wouldn't want to see go are his blaster and reflector. They were such good moves.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
.... "This move X is what makes this guy a clone of Y"

ONE FRICKEN MOVE?!?! Gosh that must mean Ike is a clone of Marth cause they both have counter.

You guys are getting too detailed about aesthetics with making EVERY single move unique.

Both the blaster and reflector are what represent the starfox series in smash!

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Wolf needs new specials. Fox and Falco have similarities in animation, but that works because they are a team. There needs to be a Star Fox character that is not just based on Fox's design and attributes and simply modified.

Wolf is mostly there. It seems that a lot of thought went into all his A attacks and then the development team gave up. Give the guy some badass weaponry and tactics for his specials. And of course, a new final Smash.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
wolf's blaster has a knife on it, that's pretty unique. Wolf's reflector can set up combos.

Plus the ultimate rival is someone similar to yourself

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Blaster and Reflector need to stay. But Wolf flash, Wolf fire and Landmaster are up for grabs.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Fox has a rival: Falco.

Wolf's gun is unique. It can be more unique. Perhaps with the ability to aim.

Wolf has a very aggressive style. I don't think the reflector fits. I, personally, hope Wolf gets all new specials (with a modified gun).

UP B: Full Moon- Wolf launches with a burst of speed vertically upwards while howling. Hit opponents lightly to the side UNLESS... Wolf hits them while at the apex of his jump. In that case he grabs the opponent and flings them downwards. A spike that comes from below. It fits his high-risk, high-reward play style.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Wolfs an Anti-hero. You can consider it some kind of rival.

Also whaaaaat?

Dude, are you kidding? Ya wanna get rid of his reflector?. Wolf's a guy that can fight at like, any range effectively because of his reflector. If it weren't for the chaingrabs and junk, i'd say Wolf would have been the most well made character in the game balance wise.

Reflector keeps him from being camped out, Gun lets him poke at long range, but is unsafe at mid and to slow to be spammed. He has nice pokes like f-smash that offer huge burst range, but are unsafe as a trade off, and Decent ranged safe moves like b-air, and f-tilt.

His reflector works as a reversal as well thanks to the invincibility frames. But again, its also unsafe on block. Its like, he has the tools to help him in any given situation, but he still rewards intelligent play as him, because he'd be punished otherwise.

Just sayin. I really like how it really feels like he can handle any situation. If ya ditch his reflector he'd be hardcountered by characters like Falco that can outcamp him, and have no reversal to threaten anyone who gets to careless going in at him.

Side-b and Up-b I can see going, but the blaster and reflector gotta stay. There like, a staple of the starfox series and they compliment each character so well.

Full moon idea seems cool. We need more manly, life risking spikes.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Falco is a goofy idiot side-kick, not a rival
Naaah, thats Slippy Toad. I havn't played much starfox but I read somewhere even Falco finds him annoying.

Falcos Fox's bro, but like, they've got some competitive tension going on. Mostly on Falco's side. He's the most competent Airwing flyer but he's a lil on the brash and arrogant side. Fox too, to a lesser extent. They're friend enemies. Frien-emies~

Qlaw

Smash Cadet
.... "This move X is what makes this guy a clone of Y"

ONE FRICKEN MOVE?!?! Gosh that must mean Ike is a clone of Marth cause they both have counter.

You guys are getting too detailed about aesthetics with making EVERY single move unique.

Both the blaster and reflector are what represent the starfox series in smash!
this. this is what i meant. But, if you're going to cry clone(or... wolf?) then the only thing that i think would need changed is the down b. since it feels the most like fox

imo

D

Deleted member

@Sunny: Actually, Slippy is Fox's "bro". They've apparently been best friends since childhood.

If anything, Falco is just that stereotypical hotshot arrogant jerk with a heart of gold who has legitimate respect for the team despite rarely showing it.
Although research claims that he is second in command, but I don't know how true that really is.

D

Deleted member

Makes it even more hilarious the fact that he communicated with Snake in Brawl. :awesome:

D

Deleted member

Can male characters be tsundere?
I don't really understand the full concept of it.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Can male characters be tsundere?
I don't really understand the full concept of it.
In recent animes, i've seen many male characters being made fun of being called tsundere. So you can refer to males as tsundere. Long as they be mean (with pride) on the surface but really care.

GetBentSaggy

Smash Apprentice
Definitely keep Wolf's reflector. I actually think Wolf should have a better (longer range) up-B recovery than Fox and Falco do. Wolf gets the better recovery while Fox and Falco get better speed and jumping ability, it seems fair.

The Black mage

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2492-4215-1228
I really don't like how both fox, falco, AND wolf have the same moveset.
Granted, wolf's moveset is a bit different, but they both go on the same princible.

So I am going against having wolf in the next smash.

D

Deleted member

Wolf is barely similar.
Just give him some different Specials and Final Smash and he's completely unique.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
I'm still fine with his specials as they were, or at least most of them. Aside from the final smash, his up+B recovery is the only thing that should really be changed for the good reason mentioned above.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
I'm still fine with his specials as they were, or at least most of them. Aside from the final smash, his up+B recovery is the only thing that should really be changed for the good reason mentioned above.
Totally agree on this.

GetBentSaggy

Smash Apprentice
Wolf is the most different and far apart from Fox or Falco compared to any other character who's considered a clone. In fact, that's because he isn't a clone.

Zuby

Smash Journeyman
And the Landmaster, which was frankly ridiculous. Falco shouldn't have it either, really.

GetBentSaggy

Smash Apprentice
And the Landmaster, which was frankly ridiculous. Falco shouldn't have it either, really.
Screen should stay the same but with a first-person crosshair on the screen and it rapidly shoots bullets.

Basically, Falco's final smash is what you see in the credits.

Airrider

Smash Apprentice
Wolf or Falco out, Krystal in. Don't care what the spacie fanboys think. I want something different. Or they just keep em all and add Krystal anyway. I just think that Wolf is a bit unnecessary. Personally i wouldn't mind if they removed Falco and kept Wolf though, as Fox and Wolf play more differently. But i guess too many Smash fans main Falco so Nintendo wouldn't have the balls to do that.

:phone:

D

Deleted member

Krystal sucks. Leave that space **** out.

Just make Falco and Wolf different. It's not that bloody hard to do.

GetBentSaggy

Smash Apprentice
Just make Falco and Wolf different. It's not that bloody hard to do.
Falco and Wolf are hugely different; as far as 'clones' go, they are the most different to anyone else. Some of their similar moves act in completely different ways and produce completely different results and effects.

Get your head out of your *** and realise a clone requires a boarder criteria than a fairly similar appearance (per the original game, which is intentional) and a similar, yet heavily changed (and therefore different) moveset. You elitist moron.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Falco and Wolf are hugely different; as far as 'clones' go, they are the most different to anyone else. Some of their similar moves act in completely different ways and produce completely different results and effects.

Get your head out of your *** and realise a clone requires a boarder criteria than a fairly similar appearance (per the original game, which is intentional) and a similar, yet heavily changed (and therefore different) moveset. You elitist moron.
...Lol at this.
You completely misunderstood what he was saying. Maybe you should take a look at his comment 1 PAGE BACK! And what in the hell warranted all this hostility?:c

D

Deleted member

Reading comprehension is your friend. You might want to learn it.
First, look at the post above the one you replied to.
Now notice that my post was in direct response to what was said, particularly in context of this part: "Wolf or Falco out, Krystal in. Don't care what the spacie fanboys think. I want something different."
In which I was saying just have Falco and Wolf different and call it a day and leave the blue vixen ***** out of the game.

Now I bet you feel like a sheepish *******, huh?

GetBentSaggy

Smash Apprentice
Reading comprehension is your friend. You might want to learn it.
First, look at the post above the one you replied to.
Now notice that my post was in direct response to what was said, particularly in context of this part: "Wolf or Falco out, Krystal in. Don't care what the spacie fanboys think. I want something different."
In which I was saying just have Falco and Wolf different and call it a day and leave the blue vixen ***** out of the game.

Now I bet you feel like a sheepish *******, huh?
You forgot the part where you said Falco and Wolf were the same. I wasn't referring to entirely that comment.

Mentally handicapped people>you.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
You forgot the part where you said Falco and Wolf were the same. I wasn't referring to entirely that comment.

Again, 1 page back: "Wolf is barely similar. Just give him some different Specials and Final Smash and he's completely unique" -GoldenYuitusin

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Wolf or Falco out, Krystal in. Don't care what the spacie fanboys think. I want something different. Or they just keep em all and add Krystal anyway. I just think that Wolf is a bit unnecessary. Personally i wouldn't mind if they removed Falco and kept Wolf though, as Fox and Wolf play more differently. But i guess too many Smash fans main Falco so Nintendo wouldn't have the balls to do that.

In the Pre-Brawl days, A lot of Krystal fan were saying that Falco should be removed for Krystal. Look how wrong they were.

Airrider

Smash Apprentice
I just knew that these discussions were comming :p

I simply feel that it's a bit a unnecessary to have 3 character with very similar movesets. It can be quite an annoyance to balance it out as well when it becomes like this (Mario and Doc ya know, or L and TL).

Since smash is a lot about fan service they pretty much have no choice but to keep them all, or remove wolf which is sad because he is more different from Fox than Falco is. If they had added Krystal with another moveset we wouldn't really have this problem. What i want: keep EITHER Falco or Wolf and make them quite different from fox + add Krystal.

What they will do: keep em all and dont change anything + maybe add krystal. They will never remove Fox.

D

Deleted member

I never said they were the same. Again, reading comprehension seems to be a lost art on you.

Top Bottom