• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't Let you cut me Sakurai, Wolf for DLC

4theRECORD

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2878-9708-8635
Sigh...
Well, I could keep my hopes for updates or DLC and stuff, but...argh.
Now I have a reason to keep my old Brawl disk besides Project M.
This is really sucking it, especially since gameplay-wise, smash 4 is looking to be the best yet...

MagnesD3

Smash Master
Sigh...
Well, I could keep my hopes for updates or DLC and stuff, but...argh.
Now I have a reason to keep my old Brawl disk besides Project M.
This is really sucking it, especially since gameplay-wise, smash 4 is looking to be the best yet...
Yeah it looks like Ill have to make Project M my main game now, I really wanted to see Wolf in HD shoulda known Sakurai would ruin smash for me somehow.

Last edited:

4theRECORD

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2878-9708-8635
You're lucky, I can't even main Project M simply because the brawl one too perfect for me:glare:
And I just had to realize now that Brawl dosen't have online anymore.
This realllllllllllllllly sucks.

CardStealer1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CardStealer
3DS FC
2681-0263-6525
I've come to pay my respect to one of my favorites. I never really was concerned about Wolf coming back so this disconfirmation really stings :c. Wolf you will be missed. Never again will we get such great taunts.

I will see you all after release, for DLC.

Farewell Wolf...

Komenja

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Komenja
Well, this blows. Here's hoping he's DLC.

It will probably suck, Nintendo hasnt been able to make a good starfox game since 64..
For the record, 64 was the last SF game Nintendo actually developed. Adventures was by Rareware, Assault was by Namco, and Command was by Q-Games. We've hardly even seen anything about Star Fox U, no need to proclaim it sucks this early, especially when Shiggy is directly involved in development this time.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
Well, this blows. Here's hoping he's DLC.

For the record, 64 was the last SF game Nintendo actually developed. Adventures was by Rareware, Assault was by Namco, and Command was by Q-Games. We've hardly even seen anything about Star Fox U, no need to proclaim it sucks this early, especially when Shiggy is directly involved in development this time.
I hope so,

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
Outrageous. I didn’t post here before because it seemed obvious he would come back. After all the backlash Sakurai got for Mewtwo’s cut, you’d think he wouldn’t dare risk cutting any other remotely significant character. Bringing back a clone alternate character from Melee and adding a recolor of Pit over Wolf? Really?

Mewtwo was popular, but the real reason he became so insane is the demand to see him brought back after Sakurai insulted him so in Brawl. Sakurai is doing the same here, not just to Wolf, but the entire Starfox fanbase. I’d like to blame having to design for the crappy portable 3DS on the cuts, but I really can’t when there are other such obviously worse characters available. There are few who I can imagine who wouldn’t trade Dr. Mario and Dark Pit for Wolf and Lucas.

Yes, people reacted to Wolf negatively in Brawl, but that’s largely because information was limited and people assumed he was a clone based off the Final Smash. At least he’s not Dark Fox.

Now then, no need to act childishly like that.
No need to act condescending, either.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Happy to get Falco, but so sad to see Wolf go. Who else is gonna let Fox know when playtime is over? :(

GalacticPetey

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GalacticPetey
Pray for DLC Wolf fans. If we do get DLC, he is one of the most likely candidates.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Maybe they're planning to cross promote the next SF game with a Wolf DLC character...

I can only hope.

D

Deleted member

*sigh*
Rest in peace Wolf. I hope that there will be some DLC so that you can return. :( I'll miss you...

Kuragari

Smash Apprentice
This sucks. Guess I need to find a new main now. Wolf gone and all these clones in instead *sigh*

Sakurai I am disappoint. Hopefully we get him as DLC around the time Star Fox U releases.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
What's with trying to shoot down people's hopes for him as DLC? Not like Wolf has an already existing role in the game (assuming he's got nothing more than just that trophy), so he'd be a plausible choice. I mean like it or not, most of the popular DLC candidates will be cut veterans. :ohwell: Would've preferred they all got in from the get-go, but it is what it is.

guedes the brawler

Smash Lord
NNID
Rafabrawl
What's with trying to shoot down people's hopes for him as DLC? Not like Wolf has an already existing role in the game (assuming he's got nothing more than just that trophy), so he'd be a plausible choice. I mean like it or not, most of the popular DLC candidates will be cut veterans. :ohwell: Would've preferred they all got in from the get-go, but it is what it is.
actually, depending on the role, it might even help one's chances of DLC. Like Chrom, for example, whose "job" be dealt with not a lot of trouble and his model being already there is a huge boom. a Pity throphies aren't as hi-quality...

Anyways. Damn. I lost my main AGAIN. I'm afraid of trying to main Shulk, Mac or Megaman now, lest they suffer the same fate as Roy or Wolf. Gotta try to make it happen for Robin and Lucina though.

"The roster couldn't possibly get any more dissapointing" was such a naive logic...

Critzilean

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Critzilean
3DS FC
1693-2152-0414
Switch FC
SW-2556-2425-6120
It's possible that some characters were developed strictly as DLC to be released for free later down the line. Maybe Sakurai learned from the Brawl roster debacle.

Steelia

Smash Champion
What's done is done. I'm also disappointed because a character I like is not in, but that is not a reason for me to skip this game.
I would. Cutting a Star Fox rep, not bothering to diversify the existing two further, not even changing Falco's Final Smash (even Kirby and King Dedede got entirely new FS's), not giving them new stages... yet Kid Icarus gets a TON of items, two new reps (one of which is a straight clone), and a stage of their own? That's BS. I'd've forgiven it had Fox and Falco had been more properly represented, if AT LEAST Falco had an Arwing or different Specials or something. How people can support/defend Sakurai's actions is far beyond me.

Sorry for the loss of Wolf. Falco's still my favorite SF char, but Wolf was definitely my favorite SF fighter in the series. He was never a clone to me.

BlueberrySyrup

Smash Lord
NNID
BlueberrySyrup
At least you didn't get put in 2 games then get cut like the Icies lol.

Lucas was planned for 2 games to cut Ness, then gets cut. Sad life.

Davidius

Smash Journeyman
I'm a little irked that they would cut the SF character that is most distinct from Fox. Nothing against Falco, but Wolf would've been the better choice if only one could be kept. I get Falco has seniority but so did ICs.

FlynnCL

Smash Journeyman
Wolf was one of my favourite fighters in the entire series. This is a huge shame, but I was prepared for it.

I hope you guys find some awesome new mains! If you loved Wolf's back-air it's kinda been given to Falco for this game...

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
I would. Cutting a Star Fox rep, not bothering to diversify the existing two further, not even changing Falco's Final Smash (even Kirby and King Dedede got entirely new FS's), not giving them new stages... yet Kid Icarus gets a TON of items, two new reps (one of which is a straight clone), and a stage of their own? That's BS. I'd've forgiven it had Fox and Falco had been more properly represented, if AT LEAST Falco had an Arwing or different Specials or something. How people can support/defend Sakurai's actions is far beyond me.

Sorry for the loss of Wolf. Falco's still my favorite SF char, but Wolf was definitely my favorite SF fighter in the series. He was never a clone to me.
know why kirby and KIU gets all the goodies because they are sakurai's games, sucks but true

Top Bottom