• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't Let you cut me Sakurai, Wolf for DLC

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
Is Assault Star Wolf theme even in Smash 4?
I'm just thinking they'll probably use a theme that's available in-game.

Dynamite

Smash Apprentice
This has probably already been said many times, but if they can bring back Lucas then there's no reason for them to not bring back Wolf. Wolf has got some good things going for him:
1. He's a veteran.
2. He's popular.
3. Is most likely getting a ton of votes in the Smash Ballot.
4. Star Fox Wii U.

So yeah, I'm really liking the position he's in right now, and even if for some strange reason he's not revealed at E3, I'm very confident Wolf will be dlc in the future. ^^

eltacoenojado

Smash Journeyman
This has probably already been said many times, but if they can bring back Lucas then there's no reason for them to not bring back Wolf. Wolf has got some good things going for him:
1. He's a veteran.
2. He's popular.
4. Star Fox Wii U.

So yeah, I'm really liking the position he's in right now, and even if for some strange reason he's not revealed at E3, I'm very confident Wolf will be dlc in the future. ^^
That is all true, but some of us will not quit worrying until he is officially confirmed. Myself included.

Last edited:

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
Wolfs chances of getting in the game is 99.9%

Lucas basically shut down every reason that prevents him from getting into the game.

Literally only developer bias/ridiculous amounts of insane hatred is the only thing from him not returning.

Obviously there's always gonna be fear and worry until confirmation happens but it's best to stay as optimistic as possible if you can considering how high the chances are.

Even if nothing comes out of E3, it isn't over until the very last character is announced.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Running from the cops in Stardust Speedway.
I don't see how Wolf can't be announced at E3. I mean, Smash 4 is right after Brawl, which had Wolf and Lucas, so I'd say they'd probably start off with the Brawl veterans in terms of announcing DLC characters. I could be wrong, and Mewtwo, from Melee and not Brawl, was the first revealed DLC character, but I don't see how they would announce Wolf as one of the last DLC characters. Just saying.

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep
I don't see how Wolf can't be announced at E3. I mean, Smash 4 is right after Brawl, which had Wolf and Lucas, so I'd say they'd probably start off with the Brawl veterans in terms of announcing DLC characters. I could be wrong, and Mewtwo, from Melee and not Brawl, was the first revealed DLC character, but I don't see how they would announce Wolf as one of the last DLC characters. Just saying.
Remember the Smash Dojo site for Brawl where Wolf is the last secret fighter (12th)?
Not trying to prove anything, but even when there are no reasons to, that doesn't mean it won't happen. You know what kind of person Sakurai is. Just saying.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Running from the cops in Stardust Speedway.
Remember the Smash Dojo site for Brawl where Wolf is the last secret fighter (12th)?
Not trying to prove anything, but even when there are no reasons to, that doesn't mean it won't happen. You know what kind of person Sakurai is. Just saying.
Well, Wolf was a secret character in the game, and the secret characters were not revealed until after Brawl was released. Plus, Brawl did not have any DLC.

Say what you will, but I think this is a different case here in comparison to Brawl. You still have a valid point with what I bolded, thought.

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
Good point.

If anything, a ballot character would be the last character announced.

Also Mewtwo was the first character for DLC because hype reasons.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
R.I.P my sweet tertiaries :icsmelee:
Come on. Don't be so doom and gloom about the Ice Climbers. The two were finished on the Wii U version before they got cut. Also, they would have to be at least close to being done on the 3Ds version to find out the system couldn't handle it. A fighter takes at least three months to make. Do you really think Sakuri would just say "Oh well" after three months of development time? No. Especially since they are so popular. And you know what? E3 would be the perfect time to reveal them and super hype the audience. Granted I don't think they will find the solution to the problem this quickly, but it's possible.
So to sum up what I just said (and to make me sound less angry). Have a little faith in the Ice Climbers. Sakuri isn't gonna let three months worth of development time and money go down the drain because of technical difficulties.
:4drmario::4darkpit::4lucina::4pacman::4megaman::4sonic::4mewtwo::wolf::roypm::icsmelee:
^So go ahead and hope for this character line. :3

So to get back on topic, what do you think Wolf's trailer would be like?

WHY IS THIS IN A SPOILER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

mark welford

Smash Ace
1. He's a veteran.
2. He's popular.
4. Star Fox Wii U.

I agree with all these points since lucas being confirmed anything going against him is moot at this time but I will not stop worrying until he is confirmed I have cautionary hope.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
If Wolf comes next.

Even if Roy comes next and Wolf follows.
It will still be cool as all hell.
:4drmario::4darkpit::4lucina::4pacman::4megaman::4sonic::4mewtwo::4lucas::wolf::roypm::substitute:
^I need this character line in my life.
...It's rough being a Snake lover...

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
If Wolf comes next.
Project M predicted the future.

Even if Roy comes next and Wolf follows.
It will still be cool as all hell.
:4drmario::4darkpit::4lucina::4pacman::4megaman::4sonic::4mewtwo::4lucas::wolf::roypm::substitute:
^I need this character line in my life.
The lack of Snake in that line stresses me out...

And I really can't imagine how Wolf's reveal trailer would be like but I can imagine Fox and Falco being in it, of course.

Last edited:

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
What the heck? :wolf:
Why didn't I know of this thread sooner? Put sign me up on the supporter list.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Then again, we have 3 Ridley themes, but Wolf is a veteran
I thought there were only 2 ridley themes? Brawl and Other M...

Wolfs chances of getting in the game is 99.9%

Lucas basically shut down every reason that prevents him from getting into the game.

Literally only developer bias/ridiculous amounts of insane hatred is the only thing from him not returning.

Obviously there's always gonna be fear and worry until confirmation happens but it's best to stay as optimistic as possible if you can considering how high the chances are.

Even if nothing comes out of E3, it isn't over until the very last character is announced.
Wasn't it stated that Wolf is sakurai's favourite Star Fox character or something?

Last edited:

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
Come on. Don't be so doom and gloom about the Ice Climbers. The two were finished on the Wii U version before they got cut. Also, they would have to be at least close to being done on the 3Ds version to find out the system couldn't handle it. A fighter takes at least three months to make. Do you really think Sakuri would just say "Oh well" after three months of development time? No. Especially since they are so popular. And you know what? E3 would be the perfect time to reveal them and super hype the audience. Granted I don't think they will find the solution to the problem this quickly, but it's possible.
So to sum up what I just said (and to make me sound less angry). Have a little faith in the Ice Climbers. Sakuri isn't gonna let three months worth of development time and money go down the drain because of technical difficulties.
:4drmario::4darkpit::4lucina::4pacman::4megaman::4sonic::4mewtwo::wolf::roypm::icsmelee:
^So go ahead and hope for this character line. :3

So to get back on topic, what do you think Wolf's trailer would be like?

WHY IS THIS IN A SPOILER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's people like you that give me faith in this World :')
:popo:

...It's rough being a Snake lover...
The lack of Snake in that line stresses me out...

And I really can't imagine how Wolf's reveal trailer would be like but I can imagine Fox and Falco being in it, of course.
Believe me here.
I want every Veteran back...
After I lost my big 3(4)
:4lucas::wolf::popo:

I wanted everyone to have their veterans back.
But Konami are really screwing themselves so Snake is in one hell of a predicament......

Nauzgo

Smash Journeyman
Wasn't it stated that Wolf is sakurai's favourite Star Fox character or something?
Ye, I heard that too somewhere. And I think I also heard that he wanted to introduce him in Melee but scrapped him because of the Falco demand.

Believe me here.
I want every Veteran back...
After I lost my big 3(4)
:4lucas::wolf::popo:

I wanted everyone to have their veterans back.
But Konami are really screwing themselves so Snake is in one hell of a predicament......
I know that feel bro... Lucas was my main in Brawl along with Ike, while Ice Climbers and Wolf were some of my secondaries. I also hope that every veteran comes back because I think every cut is unjustified if it isn't due to technical limitations. And because I love every fighter in Smash :D Let's not lose hope and shout out our demand till they hear us! Just like good punk bands do.

MapleWooD

Smash Journeyman
Ye, I heard that too somewhere. And I think I also heard that he wanted to introduce him in Melee but scrapped him because of the Falco demand.
The reason he chose Falco over Wolf was because he didn't want Wolf to be, essentially, a gray version of Fox. To me, this is all the more reason for him to come back to due him having the more unique moveset that Sakurai, apparently, always wanted Wolf to have.

Dragoncharystary

Smash Lord

I know that feel bro... Lucas was my main in Brawl along with Ike, while Ice Climbers and Wolf were some of my secondaries. I also hope that every veteran comes back because I think every cut is unjustified if it isn't due to technical limitations. And because I love every fighter in Smash :D Let's not lose hope and shout out our demand till they hear us! Just like good punk bands do.
'Twas why Wolf did make an appearance in Melee.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I did something I thought I would never do again, which was play Brawl. I spent the whole time playing as Wolf (and Snake) and I nearly have forgotten how much fun he was to play as. All the more reasons why I would love to have him make a return as a DLC fighter in Sm4sh, even though I already have five mains.

Mellos

Smash Journeyman
NNID
El_Beslic

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
I did something I thought I would never do again, which was play Brawl. I spent the whole time playing as Wolf (and Snake) and I nearly have forgotten how much fun he was to play as. All the more reasons why I would love to have him make a return as a DLC fighter in Sm4sh, even though I already have five mains.
I actually did this not too long ago.

Felt some good to use him again.

Ever since than, my want levels for him went even higher than they already were.
To kill some time (until E3):
I´ve never been the biggest Mewtwo fan, but I think we all can undertand what went through the hearts of the people who loved him, when they find out he´ll return.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foGwuXZ2StE&index=12&list=FL9AqEBWfyUglSrVjA_KtD2Q

And I can´t wait to do something similar and (maybe) more beautiful when Wolf finally is officialy announced :3
I remember watching that when it was first uploaded. Good stuff.

Can't wait to see a Wolf version of that video.

Top Bottom