• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't Let you cut me Sakurai, Wolf for DLC

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep
Just a little question: out of curiosity, how much support did Wolf have before the ballot first opened?
Well I believe that most people still "got over" (or simply was happy about) the fact that Wolf didn't return, but since Lucas, a brawl veteran of similar fate, was confirmed, everyone believed that Wolf is now guaranteed to be the next DLC.

Nauzgo

Smash Journeyman
I hope Wolf will be announced at E3 along with Roy and Ryu, but I don't think it is likely because there's no sound file of Wolf found. I'd rather have Wolf and Roy at E3, Ryu can come later.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I hope Wolf will be announced at E3 along with Roy and Ryu, but I don't think it is likely because there's no sound file of Wolf found. I'd rather have Wolf and Roy at E3, Ryu can come later.
What I was thinking was that Wolf and Roy would be revealed after their respective games have been shown off in the Digital Event while Ryu would be the last one revealed after the Nintendo World Championships.

The lack of sound files for Wolf doesn't necessarily mean he's not coming to the game. It can mean that they just didn't put his file in the game or their making a unique victory theme for him. After all, 5 placeholder files were found in the games coding.

Last edited:

Nauzgo

Smash Journeyman
What I was thinking was that Wolf and Roy would be revealed after their respective games have been shown off in the Digital Event while Ryu would be the last one revealed after the Nintendo World Championships.

The lack of sound files for Wolf doesn't necessarily mean he's not coming to the game. It can mean that they just didn't put his file in the game or their making a unique victory theme for him. After all, 5 placeholder files were found in the games coding.
Hmm... yeah I think that makes sense. Maybe it could be that Wolf is coming later than Roy and Ryu and because of that, his sounds will be added later. Still, I'm pretty optimistic about him and hoping that he'll be reveleaed as soon as possible. How amazing that E3 could be if both Roy and Wolf were announced returning as DLC for Sm4sh. 23 more days...

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
There's a good chance Wolf would be released around the time Star Fox U comes out, which is 99% gonna be the holiday season while Royu would most likely be released before then.

Dragoncharystary

Smash Lord
Hmm... yeah I think that makes sense. Maybe it could be that Wolf is coming later than Roy and Ryu and because of that, his sounds will be added later. Still, I'm pretty optimistic about him and hoping that he'll be reveleaed as soon as possible. How amazing that E3 could be if both Roy and Wolf were announced returning as DLC for Sm4sh. 23 more days...
Same with me, I wan't to play as him as soon as possible.

Edit: I just checked the wikipedia page for Star Fox Wii U and it lists the game as a 2016 release. Even though I'm sure some doubtful person just went in there and changed it, it still worries me.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Actually I just checked the Nintendo video and it seems the Nintendo World Championships are taking place on the 14th while the Digital Event is taking place on the 16th. That can mean Ryu will get revealed first while Wolf and Roy get revealed 2 days later which will be extremely hype. I'm also thinking theirs a possibility of another character getting revealed (seeing as their were 5 placeholder files) as well either at E3 or the wait until the end of the Ballot.

Dragoncharystary

Smash Lord
Actually I just checked the Nintendo video and it seems the Nintendo World Championships are taking place on the 14th while the Digital Event is taking place on the 16th. That can mean Ryu will get revealed first while Wolf and Roy get revealed 2 days later which will be extremely hype. I'm also thinking theirs a possibility of another character getting revealed (seeing as their were 5 placeholder files) as well either at E3 or the wait until the end of the Ballot.
I've been wondering if they may choose some ballot characters before it ends. Maybe if K.Rool is dominating right now they may just pick him before the ballot ends.

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
Same with me, I wan't to play as him as soon as possible.

Edit: I just checked the wikipedia page for Star Fox Wii U and it lists the game as a 2016 release. Even though I'm sure some doubtful person just went in there and changed it, it still worries me.
You can't always trust Wikipedia so maybe somebody put in the wrong number by mistake or on purpose just to make the fans mad. From what I remember, Zelda U is coming in 2016 right?

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
I've been wondering, what exactly does the Nintendo World Championship have to do with Ryu?
Nintendo World Championship is a tournament, Ryu enters tournaments.

Honestly I don't see him getting revealed there. I think Nintendo will announce something Capcom related during their Direct and Ryu will follow after.

Last edited:

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
I could see Ryu getting revealed in the Nintendo World Championships. It would be very fitting if you ask me, and since the past 2 E3s both had 3 characters revealed, it could start with him getting revealed first, then Wolf and Roy.

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
It could just be me, but I think having Ryu in Smash could upset the third-party balance we have already. Unless they plan to have more sometime down the line.

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
You can't always trust Wikipedia so maybe somebody put in the wrong number by mistake or on purpose just to make the fans mad. From what I remember, Zelda U is coming in 2016 right?
Zelda's technically listed as "TBD" but it's 99% guaranteed to be released in 2016 anyway.

Also someone fixed the Wikipedia error and put the release date back to 2015 for Star Fox.

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
It could just be me, but I think having Ryu in Smash could upset the third-party balance we have already. Unless they plan to have more sometime down the line.
You're right on that. If he does end up being in the game, my theory is that Capcom requested that they put him in the game. It honestly wouldn't surprise me, considering the current position they are in right now.

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
You're right on that. If he does end up being in the game, my theory is that Capcom requested that they put him in the game. It honestly wouldn't surprise me, considering the current position they are in right now.
I'm not really familiar with anything relating to Street Fighter, so in the event he does get in I probably won't really care much. To me, :4megaman: was the real highlight of a Capcom collaboration. It might be bias on my part, but I've always seen Mega Man as Capcom's flagship series.

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
I'm not really familiar with anything relating to Street Fighter, so in the event he does get in I probably won't really care much. To me, :4megaman: was the real highlight of a Capcom collaboration. It might be bias on my part, but I've always seen Mega Man as Capcom's flagship series.
Yeah, I also prefer Mega Man more, although I also look forward to see what Ryu will bring to the table if he does get in.

mark welford

Smash Ace
I think Ryu being added brings in the opportunity for Jin Kazama from Tekken and another Sega/Sonic character I'm not a fan of Tekken but I think it's a neat little thought I had.

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep
I've made a theory about this several pages earlier. Wolf's absence may just be due to the fact that Wolf needed a new victory theme (either rock version like Meta Knight or his own individual theme like Dark Pit), and that Lucas and Roy's theme are easily copied from other characters of the same franchise. Ryu had his victory theme in his own game already, so it can just be transported (and either kept original for uniqueness or dumped yet to be modified?).

Or the other theory that Wolf may go after Royu.

Again tho, having no Wolf sound file only "doesn't deconfirm him", so we still don't know if he is likely or not. :/

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Just a little question: out of curiosity, how much support did Wolf have before the ballot first opened?
I'd say at least 2230 maybe if I remember correctly, we had over 2000 easy before the ballot, then more and more came from the ballot, that its hard to keep track of them all.

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
The Star Wolf theme is guaranteed to play when if/when he gets revealed.

As for which version, who knows, but I also hope it's the Assault version as that's my favorite one.

Of course I'd be happy with any of them.

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
Apparently the new Star Wolf remix only lasts for about 1:07 before it switches to Sector Z.

So unless the trailer is short, the Assault version or the Brawl remix will most likely be used.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
I want the ssb4 remix to play. What bothers me is that it's called Star Wolf/Sector Z. I DONT HEAR ANY SECTOR Z IN THERE PEOPLE! Smash gets the names of songs wrong waaaaaaaay too often. (Bien' Friends is called Onett, and the Hyrule Field theme is called Twilight Princess main theme, just to name a few.)
Apparently the new Star Wolf remix only lasts for about 1:07 before it switches to Sector Z.
Nope. Still Star Wolf.

Last edited:

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
I want the ssb4 remix to play. What bothers me is that it's called Star Wolf/Sector Z. I DONT HEAR ANY SECTOR Z IN THERE PEOPLE! Smash gets the names of songs wrong waaaaaaaay too often. (Bien' Friends is called Onett, and the Hyrule Field theme is called Twilight Princess main theme, just to name a few.)

Nope. Still Star Wolf.
Listen from 1:07 to 1:56

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWu29Jq_Pn0

And compare that to Sector Z from Star Fox 64. (Starts around 0:12)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qN7ksOyO-qY

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
I meant the stage music for Sector Z in Super Smash Bros. 64. Not the song from the original game.

(Wolf looks odd to me in this picture but I don't know why.)
THAT explains everything.

Yeah the Smash 4 Star Wolf remix has the Sector Z theme from Star Fox 64 and not the stage "Sector Z" from Smash 64 in it.

The Smash 64 stage is just a remix of the Star Fox Main theme.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I wonder if Wolf may be revealed closer to the release of Starfox U. Kinda like how they revealed the Inkling costumes closer to the release of Splatoon....

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I meant the stage music for Sector Z in Super Smash Bros. 64. Not the song from the original game.

(Wolf looks odd to me in this picture but I don't know why.)
64 and Melee songs are named after the stage they are on as opposed to the actual song title. It's why the song titled Onett is actually a medley of Mother songs as opposed to being the actual Onett theme. It just happened to be the song that played on Onett in Melee, so it will now and forever be called Onett.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
64 and Melee songs are named after the stage they are on as opposed to the actual song title. It's why the song titled Onett is actually a medley of Mother songs as opposed to being the actual Onett theme. It just happened to be the song that played on Onett in Melee, so it will now and forever be called Onett.
Er, well actually, "Onett" was originally called "Mother" in Melee, Pollyanna was called "Mother 2", and Fourside was called "EarthBound"...

Top Bottom