• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Can't get enough of Anna, huh?" - Anna Support Thread

-Nesta-

Smash Cadet
NNID
oNESTAo
Make sure to vote for her Awakening incarnation in CYL instead of splitting up your votes, so she has a better chance at placing high. Spread the word.

SS2000

Smash Apprentice
Apparently only Shadow Dragon and New Mystery Anna are getting merged votes, all the rest are being treated separately. So Anna is likely SOL again, unless everybody just selects Awakening Anna.
It just feels wrong having so many alts in Heroes, including alts of the OCs, but only one Anna. Especially when Anna is the one character for which having a dozen different versions of would make sense!

SS2000

Smash Apprentice
Can someone tell me where you got that information from?
Looky here and do a quick search for "Anna".

It's funny how Zelgius and Black Knight are being treated as two separate characters (each getting their own merged votes) there. Makes me wonder what an alt for Black knight would be... Zelgius in his red suit wearing his Black Knight helmet? lol

Last edited:

NSSKG151

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lucaruto151RedX
3DS FC
1092-1616-4089
Switch FC
SW-4128-7335-9024
This year for CYL instead of voting for all different characters I decided to spent all of my votes on Anna, specifically the Awakening one (even though I like Anna's design from Fates and Warriors more) since all social online websites like Reddit are all focusing their votes on the Anna from Awakening. I don't expect any version of Anna to win but it would be great if one version of her got into top 20 for females. Last year I voted for Silas, Kaze, Kliff and Owain and they all got added during 2018 so this year I am hoping to at least see Anna from Awakening and Fates get added to Heroes.

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
Yeah, I think it's worth mentioning that Anna fans are trying to push Awakening Anna as the one to vote for since she got the most votes in the past two CYLs. That's where all of my votes are going.

SS2000

Smash Apprentice
And our mid-term results are...
midterm.png
TWO of the top ten spots?! Why are the Annas (except one, the least popular one, apparently) getting divided results?! She'd be in first place if not for that! Rally behind the Awakening one while you can! lol

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
Each Anna is 'technically' a different character so they kept her split (even though I've never heard of an Anna fan who would approve of this).

Veronica made an upset last year so it's possible something like that could happen again. Don't give up now!

NSSKG151

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lucaruto151RedX
3DS FC
1092-1616-4089
Switch FC
SW-4128-7335-9024
Seeing Anna from Awakening and Heroes in top 10 for females makes me very happy especially considering where they placed last year (though I still would have preferred all Annas having their votes pooled in together like everyone else). I don't expect one of them to get into top 2 but I am hoping that since they ranked so high this time that we see Awakening Anna show up on the Farfeched/Brave Redux banner this November and hopefully Heroes Anna get an alt in the future.

SS2000

Smash Apprentice
You know something funny? If they want to count every Anna as separate for this, then that means that when one wins, only that one should be removed from the following year's poll. Imagine Awakening Anna winning first place next year, then Heroes Anna winning the year after that, then Fates Anna winning the year after that... Justice!!!

NSSKG151

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lucaruto151RedX
3DS FC
1092-1616-4089
Switch FC
SW-4128-7335-9024
On one hand, I am glad to see Anna up in third place on the women's side because that basically guarantees she will show up in a banner this year via Brave Redux in November, the next Awakening dedicated banner or my personal idea an all Anna banner consisting of Anna from Awakening, Fates and most likely Three Houses. At the same time though if you were to combine all of Anna's votes she would actually be number 1 for females and number 2 overall. Ouch, RIP Brave Anna.

SS2000

Smash Apprentice
Anna in Three Houses? What a surprise!
Not! All the more reason that if there was any deserving rep for three houses (and FE as a whole), it would be Anna.

NSSKG151

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lucaruto151RedX
3DS FC
1092-1616-4089
Switch FC
SW-4128-7335-9024
Ah, truly the most exciting piece of information to come out this week for Three Houses news is seeing what Anna will look like in that game. Hopefully she is a playable unit you can recruit in Three Houses. Not sure about deciding to add a pinkish flare to her hair but I will get used to it over time. Fates and Warriors incarnations of Anna had the best designs in my opinion.

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
Where did this come from? I haven't seen it anywhere else.

This is a rather different design for her. The hair is a lighter shade and is longer than normal, and something feels different about her eyes, though that may just be the Three Houses art style. It is still very much Anna, though.

NSSKG151

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lucaruto151RedX
3DS FC
1092-1616-4089
Switch FC
SW-4128-7335-9024
Where did this come from? I haven't seen it anywhere else.

This is a rather different design for her. The hair is a lighter shade and is longer than normal, and something feels different about her eyes, though that may just be the Three Houses art style. It is still very much Anna, though.
https://twitter.com/FireEmblemJP
It came from Intelligent System's Fire Emblem JP Twitter account early this morning.

NSSKG151

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lucaruto151RedX
3DS FC
1092-1616-4089
Switch FC
SW-4128-7335-9024
Seems like Anna might be DLC going by leaks being eerily similar to Fates missing her in the game
Really, which leak did you hear that from? From what I understand Anna in Three Houses seems to only be a NPC you can meet late in the game that sells rare items to you (in other words her role is going back to the pre-3DS days sadly). Granted I would love if she was added back in as a playable unit and romance option through DLC again because of course Anna would make you pay to have her join your army.

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
Really, which leak did you hear that from? From what I understand Anna in Three Houses seems to only be a NPC you can meet late in the game that sells rare items to you (in other words her role is going back to the pre-3DS days sadly). Granted I would love if she was added back in as a playable unit and romance option through DLC again because of course Anna would make you pay to have her join your army.
just assuming

Didnt echoes add more characters in DLC? of course Anna wasnt one of them but that could just be FE2 originally not having Anna to begin with

NSSKG151

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lucaruto151RedX
3DS FC
1092-1616-4089
Switch FC
SW-4128-7335-9024
just assuming

Didnt echoes add more characters in DLC? of course Anna wasnt one of them but that could just be FE2 originally not having Anna to begin with
Yeah, Echoes had 4 characters (Yuzu, Emma, Randal and Shade) from Fire Emblem Cipher 0 (CCG) show up as DLC characters. The reason Valentia doesn't have Anna is because she is technically over in Archanea during FE2/15.

Three Houses will also have DLC characters but who knows if they will be NPCs from the base game, brand new characters just for the DLC story content or 'guest characters' from other Fire Emblem related material.

NSSKG151

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lucaruto151RedX
3DS FC
1092-1616-4089
Switch FC
SW-4128-7335-9024
So Wave 3 and Wave 4 of Three Houses DLC has been leaked via a Famitsu guidebook and in regards to our favorite red headed merchant...

"https://www.reddit.com/r/fireemblem/comments/d6uhg5/possible_leaks_for_future_dlc_content_english/

Anna is going be a playable unit when Wave 3 is released! She paid DLC (because of course she would want you to pay for her) but I'm happy to see her being playable again.

I wonder what ger starting class will be and what she will be proficient in? I'm hoping reason aling with riding or flying since we haven't had a mage Anna yet nor have we seen her movement type be anything but infantry yet. Then again, we will be able to customize her however we want to in Three Houses. I hope she has support conversations like Fire Emblem Warriors gave her.

I might stop playing Three Houses just so I can have Anna in my army.

Last edited:

KatKit

Smash Lord
I love how they know we'll pay for her to be playable and how fitting it is every time. Hopefully it'll happen for Smash one day.

Also, Anna is going to (re)appear in another game soon: the updated Tokyo Mirage Sessions Switch port.

amageish

Smash Master
I've never posted here before, but I support Anna! She's a fun character and it'd be cool to see some Nintendo mobile representation with her FEH design.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
I'd love to have Anna too! As FE continues to surge into the mainstream, I think she looks more and more like a neat way to avoid perceived need for FE roster churn, while also being able to play up FE's items as a gameplay mechanic.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Honestly, I feel Anna has the potential to be the type of character that would make any and all future F.E. representation redundant, due to her weapons and items (I MOSTLY kid, of course).

Last edited:

SS2000

Smash Apprentice
The latest update arrived today, right as I just happen to be starting my fourth play through of the game for the final route. And look who you can now recruit...
Anna is here.png
A killer deal indeed!
If only you could get such a deal for Smash... Likely won't be this time since apparently first party characters are off the table and only third parties are being considered (much to my dismay), unless they planned to make a "Smash Bros X Three Houses" DLC far in advance (in which case there is a 99% chance the character would be Byleth). If the day ever does come that Smash again becomes about Nintendo characters and looks for new characters from Nintendo's own series, then it'll be time to hope for somebody like her, again.

NSSKG151

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lucaruto151RedX
3DS FC
1092-1616-4089
Switch FC
SW-4128-7335-9024
I'm happy to see Anna playable in Three Houses now (though I wish she at least had supports with Byleth). Her proficiences being swords, axes, bows and faith are a nice reference to the weapon types Anna has used in the other games she was playable in (Awakening, Fates, Heroes and Warriors). Even riding as a budding talent makes sense when you remember Dark Knight and Bow Knight were reclass options for her in Awakening and Fates. Definitely going to be using her in all my future Three Houses playthroughs probably as a Bow Knight.

Now if only we can have her playable in Smash Bros...Oh well, I don't see it happening during Ultimate's lifetime but maybe for Smash 6 they will consider better representing Fire Emblem in Smash since there is more to the series than Lords wielding swords. I don't want to say Smash 6 should cut characters but I wouldn't mind trading Roy, Ike, Lucina, Chrom (even though he is one of my favorites in Ultimate) and Corrin out in favor for Anna (preferably with a gimmick around swapping different weapons).

WaddleKing

Smash Ace
NNID
Nassim250
I had forgotten about her in terms of recurring Nintendo characters, but just remembered and she's definitely the recurring character for FE (even if Lyn is my personal favourite). Definitely one of the more slept on recurring Nintendo chars picks alongside the likes of Meowth, Toad and Eevee, though I still think those have had more major roles for longer and from bigger series.

The idea of a FE character using multiple items and weapons sounds like a definitive standout, just wish FE wasn't so messily managed in terms of characters for Smash. If there had to be another, this should be the one.

Last edited:
Top Bottom