• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Cancelling SL on platforms

kismet2

Smash Ace
so i'm not sure if this is known or not but when you shuttle loop onto a platform it cancels the move, like reverse shuttle looping onto the stage. but that's not what i'm trying to share with you >_> lol if you were to shuttle loop, cancel it onto a platform, like smashville's, and hold down you'll fall through it so this could make it even safer to do whatever you want(when it cancels you can uair, nair, or just nado). pressuring people on platforms is alot easier with this(maybe delfino, or halberd or anything that's consistent with platforms), only thing you really have to worry about is people anticipating it and countering it, like if another mk were to use a grounded shuttle loop or another mk can nado it. still this is a neat option and thought i'd share it.

EDIT: when i mean cancel i mean the auto cancel from the shuttle loop like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vFzcdLakO4#t=00m16s

-LzR-

Smash Hero
You mean you can instantly fall through the platform you cancel your SL on? Sounds cool.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Well it adds another mixup to the move. I might have done this before, but I haven't realized it. I'll see how it works then I guess.

kismet2

Smash Ace
yeah player 4 is right you don't end up into special fall and you get all of your jumps back so that's a plus

Ghostbone

Smash Master
The reason you regain all your jumps is because of SJR I think.

It's pretty easy to space, I use it as a mix-up sometimes when coming back from the ledge. (Can get you behind them or hit with the weak part which combos into stuff)

B.A.M.

Smash Lord
NNID
Bambatta
yeah. my friend does that ish all the time ever since that dumb video some random guy made of it canceling on battlefield. You can do the same on smashville if you are spaced offstage properly.

kismet2

Smash Ace
no it's this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vx3L7paDqd0#t=06m40s when you see nairo do it he'll go through the platform. but the timing is different on sv platforms because the platform is constantly moving so it'll make you platform cancel if you use aerials too early.

EDIT: just finished watching the set and he does it again at 12:35 about twice and you can see that it cancels much faster

Top Bottom