• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Can You Bring Back The Forbidden Seven?" Why You Can't And Never Will

NeonTogepi

Smash Journeyman
Note: What I mean by bringing them back is to use the files on the game. I don't mean using texture, model, moveset, and sound effect hacks to bring them back. That is completely possible.....except we don't really know for sure who Pra_Mai is. :p

I get this question a lot. This just pisses me off. I am going to prove that there is litterally no traces other than names of the forbidden seven-actually, forbidden 7 plus nana and a giga koopa kirby. Before you say "Nana and Popo have different files", in no other section of the game does it call a file Nana. Maybe a stand alone Nana was to be made? Who knows.
Anyways, here are the rumors:
"There's a texture!"
"There's a model!"
"There's a moveset!"
"Plusle and Minun!"
"Mewtwo has sound effects!"
These are entirely untrue.
The files on the roster they are in, with the exception of giga bowser kirby, is parition 2/effect/fighter.
The files names are ef_
dixie
dr_mario
mewtwo
pra_mai
roy
toon_sheik
toon_zelda
.pac

First off, they all have the same file size-128B. That's nothing, ONLY Game and Watch has that. Now, you may be wondering what they are, they are effects. I believe these are effect textures for a few characters. But, wouldnt mewtwos file be as big as lucario if it had ANY textures?! It wouldn't be 128 B!
Now, second, saying they have textures is completely flawed in general. If they had textures, wouldnt someone have put these textures on another brawl character by now?! But if you want more proof, character textures AND models are located in thier Fit(Character)(Number).pac file. This is why for pikachu, you can apply a pikachu texture to any pikachu, despite the other pikachus having a hat.
And, before you say anything, no texture can be extracted.
For the movesets, as shown in Plan Zero/Project SA, these are in the FitMario (without numbers).pac file.
Lets go further. Pra and Mai most like are not Plusle and Minun. According to serebii, that is NOT thier japanese translations. Also, the file is called pra_mai. that indicates a space or for even Dr. Mario and dot and a space. While it could be &, popo and nana are represented by just popo's name usually.
You may argue with that because of the ef_nana.pac. However, if I had the ISO, i'd test it to see if that file does anything by removing it from the iso. Also, wouldnt it just be ef_pra and ef_mai?
Anyways, I don't believe we'll ever know what they are.
Now, as for sound effects, only two traces excist:
A file for Mewtwo when you select him at the character select screen.
And a file or two for gkoopakirby-which would be giga bowser kirby, but giga bowser kirby doesn't excist.
HOWEVER!
There is litterally no sound effect made by these files. When opened, nothing is played.
If you wanna look at these you need the brsar repacker.

So, stop saying these characters can be brought back. They can't. There was no data. They can be "re-made", but they can't be finished because the files are so empty.

If you wanna say anything about extra stages, there aren't any, though for some odd reason the credits thing at the end of classic mode is in there.

Two other Possibly Deleted Files:

-The Ridley AT
effect/assist does contain a file for a ridley assist trophy.
However, there are a few things to note:
1. It's also 128 B, though a few assist trophy files in this folder also are.
2. It's in this folder, so no textures/models.
3. Its named oddly. ef_ast_ridley. No other AT starts with ast. Were they intending to have it as an AT and a Boss?

-Chews
This is an oddly named item. IDK if it is an item or if it isnt one. It has sound effects and textures though.

Well, I hope you enjoyed this post. I might update it in a bit, idk though.

jackharvest

Smash Apprentice
Oh good. Just what I needed - my hopes and dreams destroyed. This thread will be obsolete one day, when entire characters are replaceable and given their own moveset. But, whatever.

NeonTogepi

Smash Journeyman
Oh good. Just what I needed - my hopes and dreams destroyed. This thread will be obsolete one day, when entire characters are replaceable and given their own moveset. But, whatever.
What I meant was bringing them back using the actual files on the game, not bringing them back by texture/model/moveset/sound effect hacking.

Roy-G-Biv

Smash Journeyman
What I meant was bringing them back using the actual files on the game, not bringing them back by texture/model/moveset/sound effect hacking.
But "texture/model/moveset/sound effect hacking" is what'll bring back these fallen fighters.

Also, Toon Shiek?
Unless they mean Tetra.

ssbkid~

Smash Apprentice
Well, I'm also glad this was cleared out.
It was annoying to hear people constantly request that the forbidden 7 be brought back, knowing that there is zero to no trace left of them.
This should be stickied....

n88

Smash Lord
@Roy-G-Biv

The file says Toon Sheik, not Tetra, so I expect that's what would've been in the game. I don't know how that would've worked. Her legs would be too short for all those athletic kicks and such.

MarioFan302

Smash Rookie
So basically what you're saying is that they only planned to have them in the game, and didn't make any data for them whatsoever?

Roy-G-Biv

Smash Journeyman
@Roy-G-Biv

The file says Toon Sheik, not Tetra, so I expect that's what would've been in the game. I don't know how that would've worked. Her legs would be too short for all those athletic kicks and such.
Thus, Toon Shiek might've been a codename for Tetra. Like how Pra_Mai is probably Plusle Minun.

Anyhow, I totally would've accepted another delay if it meant these characters get finished.

NeonTogepi

Smash Journeyman
So basically what you're saying is that they only planned to have them in the game, and didn't make any data for them whatsoever?
While they were definately planned, they probably did make data. But if they did make data it was most likely removed from the disk and the empty files is what they forgot to take off.
Or Saukrai just did this for the lulz. :p

Sterowent

Smash Ace
i'd like to mention: the title of this thread is extremely misleading.

I mean, it's literally saying 'these characters can't be brought back, period.' that's easy to misinterpret as 'these characters will never be a part of brawl, end of story.'

change the title, man. jack's post, while i'm sure was only half-serious, was the first of many if it's not changed soon.

Lil'E

Smash Apprentice
While it doesn't really matter to me...

Why exactly can't pra_mai be Plusle & Minun?

Plusle = プラスル = Purasuru
Minun = マイナン = Mainan

Purasuru/プラスル can also be written as Prasle.

Example: Pokey/Porky Minch from the Mother series.

Volt7x

Smash Journeyman
While they were definately planned, they probably did make data. But if they did make data it was most likely removed from the disk and the empty files is what they forgot to take off.
Or Saukrai just did this for the lulz. :p
Aren't the chews those items in Distant Planet?
Also, I didn't know you had an account here.

n88

Smash Lord
Those items on DP are pellets, although I don't know what they're called on the game's programming.

Volt7x

Smash Journeyman
Those items on DP are pellets, although I don't know what they're called on the game's programming.
I've never bothered messing with the items part of the iso. Maybe a different name?

NeonTogepi

Smash Journeyman
@Roy-G-Biv

Who knows. The iceclimber's textures are in FitPopo, but there are textures for both Popo and Nana.

i'd like to mention: the title of this thread is extremely misleading.

I mean, it's literally saying 'these characters can't be brought back, period.' that's easy to misinterpret as 'these characters will never be a part of brawl, end of story.'

change the title, man. jack's post, while i'm sure was only half-serious, was the first of many if it's not changed soon.
Added intro paragraph at the first post.

Plusle = プラスル = Purasuru
Minun = マイナン = Mainan

I don't know. I just keep hearing rumors, no ones really given an explenation to why they believe they're pluse and minun other than pra_mai kinda sounds like it. It gets a bit annoying. :p

Aren't the chews those items in Distant Planet?
Also, I didn't know you had an account here.
Hmm...I'll look later. The chews are in the pac with the rest of the items though, so I doubt it.
And I've had an account hear for a while. :p

Volt7x

Smash Journeyman
I checked, I didn't see pellet but I didn't see chews either. Must be looking in the wrong part. :dizzy:
EDIT: Found pellet in some dat file. But I still can't find chews...

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
There are a lot of people who ask that question and are hoping that we'll use the data off the disk to do so, but there ARE some people asking about the Forbidden Seven who are only hoping for them to be created through hacks of some sort. I agree with Sterowent, it's kind of misleading.

Anyhow, I totally would've accepted another delay if it meant these characters get finished.
Just say'n, NOW I would be perfectly fine with a delay, but back then I think I would've probably died a little inside if he had delayed it again.

...Yes, I was, in fact, crazy.

NeonTogepi

Smash Journeyman
There are a lot of people who ask that question and are hoping that we'll use the data off the disk to do so, but there ARE some people asking about the Forbidden Seven who are only hoping for them to be created through hacks of some sort. I agree with Sterowent, it's kind of misleading.

Just say'n, NOW I would be perfectly fine with a delay, but back then I think I would've probably died a little inside if he had delayed it again.

...Yes, I was, in fact, crazy.
Same here.
I was upset about the third delay. They made the game come out the day before I had a huge report due. :p

Volt7x

Smash Journeyman
Oh wait, my iso is missing partition2. I deleted my full one after File Patch 3.1. :laugh:

Jiangjunizzy

Smash Lord
thank you for making this thread. it was getting ridiculous how many people were asking that question. the fact that a bunch of incredibly microscopicly tiny files were even considered being hidden characters was just silly.

FSLink

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FSLink

Plusle = プラスル = Purasuru
Minun = マイナン = Mainan

Yeah, this is exactly why I thought pra_mai would be Plusle + Minun.
There's really not much else it could be.

n88

Smash Lord
pra_mai could be Prancing Maniac, which could refer to Tingle. :p

smashmaniac2008

Smash Journeyman
Pra Mai is DEFINITELY without a doubt not Plusle and Minun because Popo and Nana has separate files then Plusle and Minun should also have separate files unless they are like connected and are inseparable or something

Roy-G-Biv

Smash Journeyman
Actually, Pra_Mai was the broken random button I think.
Broken Random Button?
Where?

Pra Mai is DEFINITELY without a doubt not Plusle and Minun because Popo and Nana has separate files then Plusle and Minun should also have separate files unless they are like connected and are inseparable or something
Popo and Nana LACKS separate files.
All of their data is in 1 file.
And if Pra-Mai was in the game as Plusle Minun, they'd probably work like IC.

Also, now that Plan Zero has been realized, we can see if we can edit characters to have sort of a clone behind them. Then add this to Pika, and make textures for Plusle, minun, and there we go.

n88

Smash Lord
Well, there has been speculation that Plusle and Minun were cut because the developers couldn't get them to work properly. If that was the case, it may be different from Popo/Nana because they tried different things to get Plusle and Minun to work. (Please note that this is pure speculation)

Mr.-0

Smash Ace
Of course you can make them, with texture and sound hacks coupled with project SA when it's finished you'll be able to do virtually anything.

n88

Smash Lord
@ Mr.-0

He meant to say why they can't be restored from files aalready on the disc.

(The title is somewhat misleading, but try reading the first paragraph of the OP.)

mariorocks64

Smash Journeyman
I don't understtand why we can't get the files completed ourselves. mabye we could with the most advanced hacking possible. yeah1 you should try that to find results. if noone were to whine about delays, these files would have been completed.

bobson

Smash Lord
I don't understtand why we can't get the files completed ourselves. mabye we could with the most advanced hacking possible. yeah1 you should try that to find results. if noone were to whine about delays, these files would have been completed.
I'm going to use the most advanced hacking possible to break all your fingers so you can't type anymore.

You'd better sign off before I do it.

colored blind

Smash Journeyman
You obviously don't understand. Lurk more, understand more, spout useless crap onto my computer screen less.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
How can you assume pra_mai is not plussle and minun, just because there isn't ef_pra and ef_mai files? Isn't it entirely possible they planned to have them be a single character that played holding hands constantly?

Only squabble with this thread.

(well, that and the obv. troll a few posts up)

Top Bottom