• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can we talk about the Fsmash for a minute?

Lex Crunch

Smash Journeyman
I've noticed it's a bit underrated around here. I've been severely punished by it several times in ditto matches, which makes me think that there's something beyond the common conception that it's nothing more than a freaking slow move that doesn't do much other than work as an edgeguard. I'd find out myself, but my Wii is beyond my reach right now. What does everyone else think?

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
yes it is underrated it is also overrated *minor details ill explain later* one of the best ways to use this is when a opponent is at a 80 - 60 degree angle... above you... the attack
then takes up too many frames to air dodge.

it isnt a move that you want to spam.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
If the opponent screws up and leaves themselves vulnerable, hell yeah you better f smash them. But it's something that you have to depend on your opponent to use more than yourself.

I mainly use it when someone like Bowser or DK up b on to the stage and then go into that free fall stage. Hooray for easy kills.

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
I call it the douche checker, because the only time the stupid thing hits is when your opponent is being an oblivious stupid annoying ****stick.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
I call it the douche checker, because the only time the stupid thing hits is when your opponent is being an oblivious stupid annoying ****stick.
Why did I not say something like this?

If the opponent screws up and leaves themselves vulnerable, hell yeah you better f smash them. But it's something that you have to depend on your opponent to use more than yourself.
I said this, which is like the ***** version of what Ryko said. **** I'm slipping.

PCHU

Smash Lord
It's good to have it unpredictable.
Like when someone is falling right above you, it IS a good idea to charge it, but they'll be expecting this if you do it too often.
Always mix up your game.
Throw in a couple uairs.
I don't see it used very often.

Just do your best to make your playstyle unique, and you've got a higher chance of succeeding.
But I bet someone else could've said that better.

Lex Crunch

Smash Journeyman
But it's something that you have to depend on your opponent to use more than yourself.
I think that's more applicable to Snack's Fsmash.

Lol @ sir PassWurd's comment.

So from what I'm seeing, it appears to be best used as animation lag punishment and descending opponents because of its confusing arc. Excellent. I'll have to try it more often. Mixing it up with my other tactics and moves shouldn't be difficult after a few matches. Thanks.

MetaRidleyX

Smash Apprentice
Its an amazing move, but you absolutly have to when the right time is to use it. You also dont want to use it excessivly. As said above, if your opponent screws up, you get in there with that Fsmash and wreck the poor guy.

Tsukuyomi

Smash Journeyman
Input it into your Jab Cancel Tactics... Jab Cancel into Reverse Forward Smash while they dodgeroll in is too good in my opinion... Jab Cancel into Reverse Forward Smash and actually hit them backwards is godly...

Lex Crunch

Smash Journeyman
Input it into your Jab Cancel Tactics... Jab Cancel into Reverse Forward Smash while they dodgeroll in is too good in my opinion... Jab Cancel into Reverse Forward Smash and actually hit them backwards is godly...
The people I fight prefer to run AWAY from me when I Jab Cancel. I hate relying entirely on the other human's decision for something to work.

MysticKenji

Smash Master

Lex Crunch

Smash Journeyman
You probably shouldn't main Ike, then.
But it's worked out so far, since the beginning of the game, and I still haven't had to rely on such rubbish! The key word I should have bolded, italicized, and underlined was "entirely". I don't mind it as long as the strategy doesn't 100% REVOLVE around it. The Dsmash, though, roughly 70% of the time it hits, it's their fault, and 100% of the time the second strike from it hits, it's their fault, but you predicted that. The Fsmash appears to only be possible if it is their fault, though, at least 90% of the time. Snack's Fsmash is even more dependent on the opposition's fault, though, and I can't seem to push that out of my head.

Top Bottom