• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can someone confirm this?

ADHD

Smash Hero
I would myself but I have no access to a wii atm.

"Ok, I just tested DI again using both back air and Down air on FD using snakes Fsmash at one corner of the stage. I guess I've been doing it wrong with back air, so I learned to smash down on the control stick to fast fall more. The thing is, they both went even in the percent they can survive up to. Almost even. With diddy at 103%, you can survive a snake fsmash using down air but not back air. I tried to do this for an hour, and still couldn't get back air to work, but I got down air to work twice.
Even if I am still doing something wrong, I still believe that down air works better, and is a lot easier than trying to get a back air and smashing down on the control stick to fast fall, and jump, when you could just down air with the c stick, fast fall slightly, and then jump. If you want, you can test it when you're back from camp. You're probably better at DI'ing than me, so you should experiment with this."

Dair could have a special property with DI'ing for some reason and be better than the back air. He tested the fast fall after the bair as well, so it's quite puzzling. I just want a confirmation and if this is true than we could live slightly longer than before :) That paragraph was spoken by Felix btw.

fource

Smash Lord
NNID
LeThienWasMyHero
Well ****. I've been giving Nynja s*** for using Dair for months...

Lmao.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
It's because you don't need to fastfall against Snake's fsmash because it's horizontal knockback. Bair also extends your hurtbox ever so slightly that 1% could make the difference.

It's why I've started using airdodges for any horizontal knockback as Snake... bair extends are hurtbox enough to the point that being able to FF to save myself an extra 2-3% doesn't matter as much...

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
OMG remember when we use to airdodge after being hit? God we use to be stupid.

OMG remember when we use to bair after being hit? God we use to be stupid.

(Will the second statement become true? only time will tell).

AlAxe

Smash Journeyman
What about using uair. That's quicker than dair but doesn't extend out hurtbox like bair does. This needs more testing.

TreK

Is "that guy"
Never airdodged. I used to fair cus I thought SDI was doable during stun XD

Will look forward to the test's results.

Kaptain Kong

Smash Lord
To the SE of Port Town.. ..send - Seattle, WA
i found that if you dsmash diddy at the middle of the stage at 166 with mk, i got all aerials except nair to work.

at 167, i got dair to work about half of the time, and i got fair to work like once o_O

at 168, i got dair to work twice

edit:
someone else please test!!!

MBlaze

Smash Champion
I always felt more confortable using Dair instead of bair because whenever I used bair I'd die in some weird situations........

Top Bottom