Social Can Ken Ken combo again? - Marth Smash Switch speculation thread

Flowen231

Smash Apprentice
^^^ that up there pretty much sums it up. The actions that marth takes are identical to lucina's. Down to the frame data they both thrive at playing the same exact way, lucina just lacks the inconsistency and therefore always gets edgeguard benefits and often mitigates small mistakes where as small mistakes can cost you a lot more with marth.

Also, on that subject. How have the olimar changes helped you guys? I hear that olimar's hurtbox is deceptively much bigger than his model now, does that help with tips or does it make it weird?

Last edited:

Locuan

Physics and Astronomy Roadrunner
Administrator
GRimer
Rankings Team
How have the olimar changes helped you guys? I hear that olimar's hurtbox is deceptively much bigger than his model now, does that help with tips or does it make it weird?
Unfortunately, there's only two Olimar players in my region. One who was PR'd in S4 but isn't atm cause he hasn't been able to go to tournaments. The other probably dropped the character after the nerfs. So in essence, I barely have any practice in that match-up. Come Friday I might have more opinions on the matter due to attending a Smashfest were one of those players will be attending.

I also have the issue of not wanting to play online at all. I just play at locals which hinders my practice on matchups.

Last edited:

Flowen231

Smash Apprentice
I know the feeling. I play mostly offline myself, rarely online with friends so I don't get as much MU practice aside from trying other characters and asking my friends to try using them ;p. Good luck though.