• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can i play IC effectively with Nunchuck+Wiimote?

abhishekh

Smash Journeyman
Read the title...

I'm used to the nunchuck+wiimote, I've tried the classic controller but its kinda weird...

And i'm not buying a GC controller.

If i can...What configuration should i use?

And if i must use Classic Controller, what Config should i use then?

-edit-

While i'm here, what does DI mean .-.

I feel like such an idiot...

[Oh and first post!]

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
I tried the WiiMote+Nunchuck combo, it's kinda awkward if you have gotten use to the GC controlling IMO, I'd really suggest the classic controller since the WiiMote+Nunchuck combo feel wonky when I hold it. :3

Kage Me

Smash Ace
I always use Wiichuck, and it works wonders for me. As for the set-up, I personally use:

D-pad: Jump (useful for shorthop f-airs)
A: Attack
B: Special
A+B: Grab (never used)
1+2: Taunts
Control stick: Move
Z: Shield
C: Grab
Shake smash: OFF
Tap jump: OFF

lain

Smash Master
If you can run around and shield grab a lot, and are able to cg most of the time, then go fo-

**** it what am i saying USE A ****ING GAMECUBE CONTROLLER. IT'S ERGONOMICALLY BETTER FOR PLAYING BRAWL. JUST DO IT.

p.s. DI is directional influence. read all about it here

Funen1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Funen1
I used to use the Wiimote+Nunchuck setup (I have since moved to the GC controller), and the only change I made was to make the D-pad work like the C-Stick. Pressing the C-button on the Nunchuck along with this configuration is pretty good for doing SH aerials, since you use different hands for each part of the move. However, it can be hard to charge certain smashes using the C-Stick+A-button combination, i.e. to finish off a chaingrab. Also, if you wish to use the Wiimote+Nunchuck, you better practice pressing A+B simultaneously for grabs - nothing worse than Squall Suiciding when you meant to grab for the win. The main problem with the Wiimote+Nunchuck is that there are not enough individual buttons to do the same range of moves as you can on the GC controller.

ignore the fire

Smash Journeyman
Uhhhh.
Can you even charge a smash during a grab with a wiimote?
People don't really like them at tourneys cuz you have to sync them up to every tv you play at, and then probably change all your controls.
Oh, and GC=10000000xs better.
:]

ChibiIceClimberz

Smash Ace
NNID
ch33bdragonite
3DS FC
5370-0405-0580
GC is better... so we'd all convince you to buy it. NAO. :D
Well, if you still want to use the Wiichuck, then it's okay. It's almost like the GC controller if you set up the controls like the GC controls, but it's kind of awkward playing though, for me.

Anyone only using a Wiimote is special, and I think one of 'em is Razer. xD

abhishekh

Smash Journeyman
Okay just to reapeat what i said:

I AM NOT BUYING A GC CONTROLLER KTHX?

There, now with the classic controller i can smash while grabbing, i find it hard to short hop though..Since my fingers have to move from X to left c stick.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
GC controllers are like 25$ max. Just get the GC controller if you're gonna use ICs. =S

If you're that adamant about it, good luck. ._.;;

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
i believe he can do it! if you're comfortable using the wii-mote/nunchuck then good for you! play whichever way feels comfortable to you.

ignore the fire

Smash Journeyman
I DON'T believe he can do it (sorry).
If you're intent on being one of the MOST TECHNICAL characters in the game, you need to find a way to get $25 for a GC controller.
GO SELL LEMONADE.
>_>

Psymon

Smash Sweetheart
I did a 0-death chain-grab, against a friend (not CPU on training) with just the wiimote....you'll be fine.

By the way, I use GC controller usually, we were at my girlfriend's though and she only has one GCC...don't hate me for trying the sideways approach =$

Psy.

BlueTerrorist

Smash Ace
*sigh* GCN Nerds!!

Here's what I used (Keep in mind I use BOTH GCN and Wiimote+Nunchuck controls)

Z: Shield
C: Jump
A: Attack
B: Special
A+B: Grab
D-Pad up: USmash
D-pad down: Grab
D-pad left/right: Fsmash
Shake Smash: ON
Tap jump: On

Trust me, this config works, and doing CG's and Desynchs aren't hard with this. I use GCN because I get too lazy setting up my configs on every Wii I go to. You can save button configs to your wiimote too and transfer it to the wii in question. I actually use the nunchuck at times for Wifi.

lain

Smash Master
Actually wiimote can work just fine, but god **** what an annoying ****ing choice to go with.

you better set x or a to grab is all i'm sayin boy.

abhishekh

Smash Journeyman
Wut about the classic controller?

And there isn't an X button on the wiichuck.

And is there any char that isn't metaknight that i can play effectively with a wiichuck?

D

Deleted member

Get a Classic Controller grip and play with that, It's practically the GCC, but with an extra button, also, would somebody mind answering my previous question? I'd really like to know.

abhishekh

Smash Journeyman
Get a Classic Controller grip and play with that, It's practically the GCC, but with an extra button, also, would somebody mind answering my previous question? I'd really like to know.
Wha?

Anywho..

What about the classic controller?

And should i put B on my second c-stick or smashes? I'm using smashes so i can spam them when i grab...

(Oh, and hylian, i can't do that foot stool thing, i can do the Dgrab+fair...But not that foot stool against heavies .-.)

Smasher89

Smash Lord
wireless controllers allways lags, you give your opponent a handicap playing with a controller like that...

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
When you have a wireless controller, you can let interference come in, with a wire, you protect the transmission of information thus making wired connection safer and faster than wireless connection.

There is some lag to it if the transmission of information from the Wiimote to the sensor bar.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
Does WiiChuk work? Yes.

Is it a pain in the ***? Yes.

Get a GCN controller. :/

lain

Smash Master
i meant the x or a button on the classic. nunchuk is a ******** idea.

in fact, you're ******** in the first place for being adamant about not using a gc controller.

Kage Me

Smash Ace
Uhhhh.
Can you even charge a smash during a grab with a wiimote?
People don't really like them at tourneys cuz you have to sync them up to every tv you play at, and then probably change all your controls.
Oh, and GC=10000000xs better.
:]
I did some experiments on this, and yes, you can.

...You have to do it in Training at 1/4 speed, but it's possible. Ice block with one climber, pummel with the other, and you have a moment where you can press up without it resulting in a throw. Then charge your smash normally.

ignore the fire

Smash Journeyman
I did some experiments on this, and yes, you can.

...You have to do it in Training at 1/4 speed, but it's possible. Ice block with one climber, pummel with the other, and you have a moment where you can press up without it resulting in a throw. Then charge your smash normally.
Hahaha that just proves that you SHOULDN'T use the wiichuck.
Why make something this difficult when you don't have to?

Top Bottom