• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

can Ganon gimp Samus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoonKoon

Smash Journeyman
title says it

Phantomx supposedly gimped Xyro

at the highest levels of play.. how is this possible!?

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
title says it

Phantomx supposedly gimped Xyro

at the highest levels of play.. how is this possible!?
So me recovering poorly and getting gimped means what? OH YEA i remember, i still beat him and sent him to losers.......ROFL. nice try

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Yeah, like, I'm not arguing that Samus beats Ganondorf, I'm just saying that Ganondorf can gimp Samus, which is true, but apparently hard for the Ganon boards to believe o_O

And you can't exactly blame it on recovering poorly when Ganon can upair you out of bomb jumps at no repercussion and hit you out of tethers as well.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Samus' recovery is really predictable so I don't see why this is some sort of unbelievable occurrence.

Samus' recovery is really predictable so I don't see why this is some sort of unbelievable occurrence.
A predictable recovery is from somebody like Falco. Samus's recovery is NOT predictable under any circumstances, Phantom simply got lucky with the gimp. It is possible to gimp Samus, with ANY character, it's just not very frequent.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
It wasn't just one gimp... I'd appreciate you not making assumptions. I killed him more from gimps than from actual kill moves, b/c they're much easier to hit with (not counting our first round).

It wasn't just one gimp... I'd appreciate you not making assumptions. I killed him more from gimps than from actual kill moves, b/c they're much easier to hit with (not counting our first round).
I didn't actually say one gimp, I said the gimp seeing as you pointed out two methods of getting Samus in an earlier post. LOL, you ain't landing kill moves with Ganon. Gimping will get you the kills, that is, if you can even get any.

He has the following right?:

Up Smash
Down Air
Utilt [lol]
Warlock Punch [lol]
Dtilt [Ehhhhhh]
Ftilt [no....]
Fsmash
Uair
B Air

Out of those, realisticly, your only going to land Uair and Dair, and even then, you have to get in, actually now that I've said that, I have to ask, why on earth was Samus off stage against a freaking Ganon? x.x

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
I didn't actually say one gimp, I said the gimp seeing as you pointed out two methods of getting Samus in an earlier post. LOL, you ain't landing kill moves with Ganon. Gimping will get you the kills, that is, if you can even get any.

Up Smash
Down Air
Utilt [lol]
Warlock Punch [lol]
Dtilt [Ehhhhhh]
Ftilt [no....]
Fsmash
Uair
B Air

Out of those, realisticly, your only going to land Uair and Dair, and even then, you have to get in, actually now that I've said that, I have to ask, why on earth was Samus off stage against a freaking Ganon? x.x
I'm pretty good at powershielding and buffering and SDIing multihit moves and getting reads... it's kind of why I'm a good player. One solid side b > jab is all it takes to get you offstage, or a fair through some missiles, etc.

thexsunrosered

Smash Lord

Up Smash
Down Air
Utilt [lol]
Warlock Punch [lol]
Dtilt [Ehhhhhh]
Ftilt [no....]
Fsmash
Uair
B Air

lolol you've obviously never played a good ganon >.>

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
Don't forget dash attack.

KJ does have a point though. Samus shouldn't be getting gimped by Ganondorf.

Yeah, like, I'm not arguing that Samus beats Ganondorf, I'm just saying that Ganondorf can gimp Samus, which is true, but apparently hard for the Ganon boards to believe o_O

And you can't exactly blame it on recovering poorly when Ganon can upair you out of bomb jumps at no repercussion and hit you out of tethers as well.
Technically, Ganon can gimp plenty of characters. However, it shouldn't happen.

I don't know why bombs were used in an area where Ganon could go out far enough. I also don't know why a spike wasn't threatened. Or why a tether was used when you can usually just recover normally against Gannon with no repercussion, and threaten the ledge grab if Ganon plays aggressively off stage.

Regardless, mistakes do happen.

Also, refrain from flaming. The thread was made to show Xyro got gimped. a.k.a. he made a mistake. Thank you. This can be closed now. (Summons Dryn.)

lolol you've obviously never played a good ganon >.>
lol you've obviously never played a good samus >.>

Anyway, Phantom, you have a good point, but side-b has terrible priority, right? And how on earth are you going to hit us if all we're doing is launching some zair/missles in your face. Ganon is INCREDIBLY easy to hit, even if you power shield, zair allows Samus to reset her spacing by simply going to the edge, and baiting you to come off, which could be one of the ways in which Xyro got gimped [just an example]. Either way Noid is right, so theres no reason to let this go on any further.

[Waits for Dryn]

Throwback

Smash Lord
how often do you play matches, even against ganon, where your opponent never gets a hit in or takes a stock?

Why on earth is this thread still open?

how often do you play matches, even against ganon, where your opponent never gets a hit in or takes a stock?

Why on earth is this thread still open?
I actually have done this, just shot a missle, ran to the edge, and stalled out the 8mins.

ggsitdown.

Throwback

Smash Lord
That's nice. I'm sure you can consistently do that to every ganon you play, too, and you never get hit by any ganon, let alone lose a stock. Why can't xyro do that? Geez, what kind of noob is forced to recover against ganon...

**** knows why I even bothered replying, but there you go.

That's nice. I'm sure you can consistently do that to every ganon you play, too, and you never get hit by any ganon, let alone lose a stock. Why can't xyro do that? Geez, what kind of noob is forced to recover against ganon...

**** knows why I even bothered replying, but there you go.
Oh I've done it to plenty of characters, not just Ganon.

I love creating some nice drama, your such a sucker for it <3.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Ganondorf can gimp Samus, and Samus can gimp Ganondorf. It is all a matter of poor choices. It was never impossible, only highly improbable. Congratulations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom