• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can anybody explain to me, WHY AM I SEEING COMPLETELY STUPID CHARACTER IDEAS?

Jackal478

Smash Ace
Ugh.

Flame me if you want, almost all the suggestions i see here are completely stupid.

"Oh yes, I think Pauline should be in, Shes actually very likely."

WHAT? Pauline's been in like....2 games? and nobody knows who she is by her name.

and seeing things completely senseless make me angry. STARFY. WHATS HE GONNA DO TO ME?

ARRRGH.

Flame me or agree with me.

And debate here if i'm wrong or if these people are living in their dreams. D:

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
can't say anything about pauline but get a look at stafy's gameplay on youtube or some of the movesets people have made for him, he is the japan only character with the greatest chance

Drascin

Smash Journeyman
Besides, arguing about characters, even if you know they have no chance, is just plain fun ;).

Jackal478

Smash Ace
Everybody has thier own opinions about the roster, some ideas are just really stupid and
n00bish.
more like most of the ideas ._.

I can see inteligent ideas maybe like Krystal, Dedede, Diddy Kong, etc...

But most of these just dont make any sense.

cccck

Smash Journeyman
and as for the really stupid things, people are just having fun. let them have their fun, most of them are just joking anyway.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
how could you hate on stafy? He's the most likely japan-only character, is popular in both the west and the east, and has tons of fun games. play a stafy game first, before you make such statements.

Jackal478

Smash Ace
how could you hate on stafy? He's the most likely japan-only character, is popular in both the west and the east, and has tons of fun games. play a stafy game first, before you make such statements.
the game doesnt matter, i never said the games are bad, i haven't played them. but the people who don't have a clue who he is will just be like:

"Wtf. there's a star, in the roster, isn't a star an item?"

no sense. D:

Wreked

Smash Lord
more like most of the ideas ._.

I can see inteligent ideas maybe like Krystal, Dedede, Diddy Kong, etc...

But most of these just dont make any sense.
Yeah but you just have to deal with it. You can't expect all 60,000 something smashboards members to have the worlds smartest and most reasonable ideas. That's life, they're are plenty of times on here where I say WTF why you want that person,
tingle
, but just deal with it.

Jackal478

Smash Ace
Yeah but you just have to deal with it. You can't expect all 60,000 something smashboards members to have the worlds smartest and most reasonable ideas. That's life, they're are plenty of times on here where I say WTF why you want that person,
tingle
, but just deal with it.
i am dealing with it, i just wanted to see if anybody else thought these ideas were, well, stupid.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
the game doesnt matter, i never said the games are bad, i haven't played them. but the people who don't have a clue who he is will just be like:

"Wtf. there's a star, in the roster, isn't a star an item?"

no sense. D:
you dont want him in because he's a starfish. thats some real pursuasive logic right there.

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
If you think that this site is bad, just look up "fan made" Brawl trailers on YouTube. Jesus... Jesus Christ. I'm so glad those people aren't making the game.

The only ones that really piss me off are the anime character suggestions. And lately, we've been getting a lot of those, so I feel your pain.

Zoinkslls

Smash Apprentice
What I don't like is that characters that some people nominate assume that that character is going to get in. Balloon Fighter? C'mon... Make up something reasonable. Although I don't even know what his chances are, slim, I assume?

the grim lizard

Smash Master
Stafy is amazing.

But other suggestions...cavemen, boogerman...james mccloud -_-
Yeah, there definitely are a lot of dumb character ideas around here.

Jackal478

Smash Ace
If you think that this site is bad, just look up "fan made" Brawl trailers on YouTube. Jesus... Jesus Christ. I'm so glad those people aren't making the game.

The only ones that really piss me off are the anime character suggestions. And lately, we've been getting a lot of those, so I feel your pain.
i hate the anime ones too.

didnt sakurai tell us 'no anime characters'?

PrinnyFlute

Smash Journeyman
Or you could try to not be a complete whiner and not call people stupid and noobs for just having weird suggestions. I mean, sure, Pauline, unlikely, but wtf. It's not like the dood set his own pants on fire or some ****.

Like it's such a big freaking deal that you and all the other whiners on this forum have to go on and on about stupid and noobish these people are? Some of them are like...9 years old for godsake. If you really want to complain about stupid people on the internet, there're millions of freakishly wrong sites and communities about **** that IS wrong, stupid, and ruining the world. Priorities, people.

Jackal478

Smash Ace
Or you could try to not be a complete whiner and not call people stupid and noobs for just having weird suggestions. I mean, sure, Pauline, unlikely, but wtf. It's not like the dood set his own pants on fire or some ****.

Like it's such a big freaking deal that you and all the other whiners on this forum have to go on and on about stupid and noobish these people are? Some of them are like...9 years old for godsake. If you really want to complain about stupid people on the internet, there're millions of freakishly wrong sites and communities about **** that IS wrong, stupid, and ruining the world. Priorities, people.

first of all

I AM NOT WHINING.

I'm just pointing out that this stuff is laughably stupid.

second, i am sort of complaining about noobs. but everyones been a noob once, and there will always be noobs. but crap like this made me want to POST A THREAD AND SEE WHO AGREED WITH ME

okay?

Wreked

Smash Lord
i am dealing with it, i just wanted to see if anybody else thought these ideas were, well, stupid.
Don't worry there are plenty of people who think stupid characters are well, stupid. You can't expect everybody on SWF to have great ideas that everybody is going to like. There is going to be an occasional stupid or WTF character show up. And people will usually hate it or love it. Talk to anybody on here and they'll tell you at least one character that is the worst suggestion they have heard in they're life. And you seem to have a lot of them. They're nothing wrong with that, you have your opinion and we have ours like them or not, you'll see all of them the smart and dumb.

PitIcarus

Smash Ace
Ugh.

Flame me if you want, almost all the suggestions i see here are completely stupid.

WHAT? Pauline's been in like....2 games? and nobody knows who she is by her name.

and seeing things completely senseless make me angry. STARFY. WHATS HE GONNA DO TO ME?

ARRRGH.

I agree 100%. But then again what do you expect when you got all those young thundacats on the forum.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Wait...this is just in.

My sources lead me to realize that...

NARUTO UZUMAKI CONFIRMED!!!

::goes off to create a thread, movesets, and find more pictures::

Anyways, I agree with you in some cases. Some are good ideas but those are mostly the ideas that are actually plausable like Diddy Kong and Kinf Dedede. I mean, Jack from Harvest Moon?

I would still want to see a kick-*** moveset for Echo the Dolphin though.

PitIcarus

Smash Ace
At this point people are just finding obscure video game characters for an excuse to make a character thread so they can get uber e-fame.

Red_Maniac

Smash Lord
NNID
SeeJayC
The only stupid suggestions are anime, manga, cartoon characters, real life people, characters who have never appeared on a Nintendo console or characters like Banjo and Conker because they have almost no chance of making it and very, very, very, very, very, VERY, minor characters who have only appeared in once and has not had an important role in ANY video game EVER. And most of the Pokemon.

PrinnyFlute

Smash Journeyman
first of all

I AM NOT WHINING.

I'm just pointing out that this stuff is laughably stupid.

second, i am sort of complaining about noobs. but everyones been a noob once, and there will always be noobs. but crap like this made me want to POST A THREAD AND SEE WHO AGREED WITH ME

okay?
Yeah, everyone's been a noob at one time or another. Which is why it's pretty jerk-ish to flame a nine year old for thinking his favorite nobody character could be in Brawl.

Yeah, of course some of these ideas are...dumb. (There actually is already a thread for "the most ridiculous character suggestions.") I mean, Duck Hunt dog. WTF. But like I said -- some of these people are still in elementary school. Better off to let some threads die of their own accord than to freak out when there's so much other crap happening on the internet.

But yeah, I don't agree. For the most part I look the other way, sometimes I check to see if it's a joke thread. If it really is stupid AND serious, sometimes I post and just flat out tell them it doesn't seem likely, but hey, whatever they want. Not on my resume to flame ten year olds.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Some of these people I believe are trolls. Other then that the only reasoning I really have for you is we're on Smashboards.

Sariku

Smash Master
I've thought the exact same thing. I think people do some of these just for a thread. Since the mods can't really delete these threads, since this is a speculation section... as HORRIBLE as these ideas may be.

metallic shadow

Smash Apprentice
Ugh.

ARRRGH.

i just fell the total same as you...

stupid suggestions like
c.olimar and tom nook.
and even mr.resetti

people are just as stupid as ever.

trust me. you know how youre feeling.

Red_Maniac

Smash Lord
NNID
SeeJayC
i just fell the total same as you...

stupid suggestions like
c.olimar and tom nook.
and even mr.resetti

people are just as stupid as ever.

trust me. you know how youre feeling.
Captain Olimar is a stupid character suggestion?

iMichael

Smash Lord

yeah the fan made trailers are just terrible.......i seen one "fan made" trailer that had sonic in it and it even looked like he was in game....but then they started showing him from different games......Ive seen naruto in some....i mean its ridiculous

PitIcarus

Smash Ace
Not on my resume to flame ten year olds.
Until the 10 year olds show me proof that there parents gave them express persmission to join this forum I could care less.

"COPPA Policy

All users under the age of 13 must seek permission from their parent or guardian in order to gain membership of the Smash World Forums forums. While we welcome participation from members under 13, we require that a parent or guardian fax or mail back a signed permission form before we grant membership."

PrinnyFlute

Smash Journeyman
Until the 10 year olds show me proof that there parents gave them express persmission to join this forum I could care less.

"COPPA Policy

All users under the age of 13 must seek permission from their parent or guardian in order to gain membership of the Smash World Forums forums. While we welcome participation from members under 13, we require that a parent or guardian fax or mail back a signed permission form before we grant membership."
Yeah, kids totally skip the policies/lie about their age. Gives you complete permission to call them useless ****heads for supposing a character might be in a videogame.

...Edit: And kids between 13 and 15 are somehow okay to flame because they're obviously not going to say anything unreasonable now that they're beginning puberty? The hell?

Red_Maniac

Smash Lord
NNID
SeeJayC
Hey, before we knew about Brawl, and someone suggested Solid Snake as a PC in SSB3, what would everyone say?

Top Bottom