• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Calling all Smash Board members to help Hurricane Ike victims!

DarkWish

Smash Rookie
Dear Smash Boards,

I'm DarkWish, one of the writers at WiiNintendo. I wanted to let you know about a project entitled "Ike'll Get No Sympathy From Us" that WiiNintendo is starting. One of our writers, Charmy, came up with an idea to have the gaming community help Hurricane Ike victims. What we're asking is for people to record videos of themselves fighting the character Ike in Super Smash Bros. Brawl and winning. We're going to post these videos up on WiiNintendo in an effort to show the many people that are "fighting Ike". We're eventually going to make a big compilation video of the videos that were sent in.

To make a real difference, we're going to open up a donation box so that people can donate money for the victims. After a few weeks, we're going to hand 100% of that money over to the American Red Cross. It's a way to unite the gaming community to take down Ike by having fun and making a difference at the same time. It would be very helpful to the cause if all of you would participate. The more people that can help out, the better. It's time the gaming community unites to make a real difference in the world. If you have any questions, post them here, send me a PM, or email me at DarkWish@wiinintendo.net. For full details, go here: http://wiinintendo.net/2008/09/17/charmys-special-announcement/. Thank you!

Sincerely,
DarkWish

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Dear Smash Boards,

"Ike'll Get No Sympathy From Us". One of our writers, Charmy, came up with an idea to have the gaming community help Hurricane Ike victims. What we're asking is for people to record videos of themselves fighting the character Ike in Super Smash Bros. Brawl and winning. We're going to post these videos up on WiiNintendo in an effort to show the many people that are "fighting Ike". We're eventually going to make a big compilation video of the videos that were sent in.

To make a real difference, we're going to open up a donation box so that people can donate money for the victims. After a few weeks, we're going to hand 100% of that money over to the American Red Cross. It's a way to unite the gaming community to take down Ike by having fun and making a difference at the same time. It would be very helpful to the cause if all of you would participate. The more people that can help out, the better. It's time the gaming community unites to make a real difference in the world. If you have any questions, post them here, send me a PM, or email me at DarkWish@wiinintendo.net. For full details, go here: http://wiinintendo.net/2008/09/17/charmys-special-announcement/. Thank you!
Yeah the line I striked out, maybe that would unite every Gamer EXCEPT people who actually like Ike, otherwise a fantastic idea.

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
Shouldnt be hard to find footage of Ike getting beaten. Lucky the tornado isnt called "Hurricane Every-but-Ike" then we may have an issue.

Yes I am aware I am a Sonic main...

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
But Ike's one of my mains D:

What does a fictional character from a fire emblem game have to do with a hurricane? Nintendo are never going to take this seriously.

See, I bet you prepared yourself for a Ike quote didn't you?

Miller

Smash Lord
But Ike's one of my mains D:

What does a fictional character from a fire emblem game have to do with a hurricane? Nintendo are never going to take this seriously.

See, I bet you prepared yourself for a Ike quote didn't you?
Haha i c wut he did thar too

DarkWish

Smash Rookie
All it is is a way to get people motivated to donate by having some fun doing so. Just send in videos of people beating up Ike (sorry Ike mains). And this is not the only thing we're going to do. We're going to set up a Brawl live stream and do something. We're doing this for a few weeks, so we're open to any suggestions you guys have on getting people to donate.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
I'm an Ike main, so I don't really like the idea of Ike-bashing.

Why not first start out with Ike beating up all the other characters, then the other characters start beating up on Ike as a comeback?

Win-Win situation to me. Everyone gets to have fun (although we Ike mains have to portray the bad guy).

DarkWish

Smash Rookie

Why not first start out with Ike beating up all the other characters, then the other characters start beating up on Ike as a comeback?

Win-Win situation to me. Everyone gets to have fun (although we Ike mains have to portray the bad guy).
As long as Ike loses in the end, anything is fine. In fact, I really like that suggestion. If you could make a video like that, that would be awesome.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581

Score one for Hero, would be fun to play the bad guy anyway. :p

blayde_axel

Smash Master
lol. It actually sounds like a pretty cool idea. I happen to not have Brawl anymore, but if I did, I'd be in it.

And, come on, guys. Don't take your main that seriously. He'll do anything for his friends.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
It's for a higher purpose, so I'm not taking the bashing so seriously.

The hard part is seeing the results of all of this. That's all I'm really worried about.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Any Ike player feel like having a match? =P

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord
Can we use Ike to beat up Ike? cause if i did that, at least i`m not TOTALLY betraying my man Ike. :p

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Dude are YOU serious, I nearly got struct by it and you don't see me complaining **looks at avatar** but yea Bowser>>Ike

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
Click my signature. That'll bring you to my Youtube page. I'm too lazy to look at all these videos and pick out the ones I actually won against an Ike but there's 27 videos of me playing against the same Ike. You can watch and pick through them if you really want. :p

Or you can donate money, food, time, etc. to actually helping these people <_<

Darkurai

Smash Master
Can we use Ike to beat up Ike? cause if i did that, at least i`m not TOTALLY betraying my man Ike. :p
"Betraying your main"? He's a character in a video game. ¬_¬

And it's meant to help people who are victims of the hurricane.

Are you seriously such a terrible person that you're going to choose "being loyal" to a fictional character over helping those who potentially have nothing right now?

Sorry, this is something I'm kinda crazy about.

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord
"Betraying your main"? He's a character in a video game. ¬_¬

And it's meant to help people who are victims of the hurricane.

Are you seriously such a terrible person that you're going to choose "being loyal" to a fictional character over helping those who potentially have nothing right now?

Sorry, this is something I'm kinda crazy about.
Yes i would :bee:

i m joking. about everything. of course i would upload the video of me beating ike. i just like to joke around alot. i`m not stupid or anything.

25%Cotton

Smash Ace
NNID
Samu.S
3DS FC
4785-5442-4678
not to be horrible and inhuman, but i have no fight with ike. he made my region of the US AMAZING.

like, the night after a side-storm from ike hit, it just feels so great being alive to experience this beautiful weather.

DarkWish

Smash Rookie
why not just host tourny's? and 50% of the money goes to winner and to donation
I would do something like that, but I don't have the time to. That kind of thing takes a lot of time to organize and do. I can try and talk to WiiNintendo's owner about doing something like that though. Black_Heretic is going to try and start one, so if others could do that as well, then that would be great.

Guilhe

Smash Ace
Or you can donate money, food, time, etc. to actually helping these people <_<
I don’t see how the general public can relate a sword-wielding, medieval-looking guy being ***** to the catastrophe. Even the niche public will see it as bad forum joke regarding his name. There must be better ways to show you care for the victims.

Foxtrotter

Smash Journeyman
NNID
msfoxtrott
I can't exactly contribute at the current time, but I'd like to thank the people at WiiNintendo for helping the Hurricane Ike victims. It's a really nice effort. :)

Top Bottom