• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Call of Duty World at War

Darkslash

Smash Master
In the katana image, I think the allied soldier is holding a BAR, so there, proof.

It would take up way to much space, but the Katana picture deserves it, so special for that image, I would edit my post.
I gotta see the trailer.
Wait is the trailer out today or do we have to wait until XBL users put up low quality videos lol.

and i played my BattleField Vietnam WWII mod and it was fun. More better than a modern setting lol.

Johnthegalactic

Smash Lord
The trailer will be out tomorrow, we can probably get it in HD at IGN rather than youtube junk though, but I will probably go to my friends house and check it out.
Hopefully, when the Wii version is put together some more, they show us its trailer on the Nintendo Channel.

Darkslash

Smash Master
The trailer will be out tomorrow, we can probably get it in HD at IGN rather than youtube junk though, but I will probably go to my friends house and check it out.
Hopefully, when the Wii version is put together some more, they show us its trailer on the Nintendo Channel.
Yea according to Treyarch the only versions that are being ported are

Playstation 2 AND Playstation 3??????

WHOA Thats a first

Johnthegalactic

Smash Lord
You know what I noticed guys, very interesting.

Read about Call of duty 2 big Red One.
HVS worked in development with Treyarch, which each are working on games to be released for the Wii, HVS is exclusive though, but Treyarch has a separate team developing it for the Wii, anyway, just interesting, I wonder if they could cooperate somehow, like implementation of a voice chat system or something that would change the Wii.

Anyway, 360 owners, remember to check out the trailer.

Check out Spike at 1 AM for CoD5 stuff.

Darkslash

Smash Master
HOLY CRAP THAT WAS AWESOME

I just hate the people who look at it and say

ww2 its gonna suck

or

Treyarch made it. Instant fail

They haven't played it yet they say its gonna suck. And the thought of a F4U or a Zero is going to crash on your head is a scary thought

Johnthegalactic

Smash Lord
F4U Corsair is a sweet bird!
Anyway, I wonder what kind of not-on-foot missions they will have?
B-29s! B-25s! Back seat of a torpedo plane or dive bomber, there is so much to think about on this game.

Maybe a patrol boat level, think of it, driving down a river, roughing up some coastal defenses.

The Russian front is definately in the game, a bit before halfway through it shows two Russians, with a few others behind, one is holding a Ppsh sub machine gun, the other has a Mosin Nagat rifle, and you can see an artillery battery in the back ground.
Where it shows the Japanese soldier getting in the tree, you can see a crate attached to a parachute, supply's brought in by airlift, hmm.

This game looks very good, the graphics are beautiful, they might want to work on burning flames, but it all looks spectacular!
This trailer is different from the one a few posts above.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I just downloaded and saw the trailer on my 360. It looks pretty bad.
Not like I'm surprised.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings

Johnthegalactic

Smash Lord
Nice, one of the biggest drawbacks of Modern Warfare was the lack of co-op whether online or in campaign.
Hopefully the Wii version utilizes the WiFi connection, it will getting boring playing through campaign again and again, although it did mention competitive multiplayer.

Darkslash

Smash Master
Nice, one of the biggest drawbacks of Modern Warfare was the lack of co-op whether online or in campaign.
Hopefully the Wii version utilizes the WiFi connection, it will getting boring playing through campaign again and again, although it did mention competitive multiplayer.
There's a lack of Coop in many shooters today. I heard Halo 3 had okay Coop, but it looks good. '

Ohh yea you might want to put this picture on the front page. If you can't figure out its importance then I'll tell you when you give uo

Darkslash

Smash Master
Is that the artist for the CoD WaW boxart? Or is it you? Could it be the Studio head for Treyarch, Mark Lamia?(I used the image properties and then went to Joystiq.com).

That is a great interview too!
http://www.joystiq.com/2008/06/24/joystiq-interviews-mark-lamia-of-treyarch-and-call-of-duty-the-f/

And, YES, online for the Wii! Plus splitscreen, that is great!
AND A DEVELOPER SAYING SCREW THE Ps2.

And yea thats the boxart lol or the supposed one. Now me being a sucker for WWII games i might buy it if my parents don't mind me burning up Japanese's.

Johnthegalactic

Smash Lord
I just downloaded and saw the trailer on my 360. It looks pretty BA.
Not like I'm surprised.
Oh, you came around!
lol

Oh, your parents shouldn't mind, or maybe they should!
How come the PS2 is so highly revered, as far as I can see, it had the least power of the GC, XBox and itself.
IMO, it is going to reduce the quality of CoDWaW.

Darkslash

Smash Master
Oh, your parents shouldn't mind, or maybe they should!
How come the PS2 is so highly revered, as far as I can see, it had the least power of the GC, XBox and itself.
IMO, it is going to reduce the quality of CoDWaW.
Its because of its 120 Million PS2's out there. But now Treyarch is like saying

"Ps2 lags us lets ditch it" Which makes me happy.

Johnthegalactic

Smash Lord
Its because of its 120 Million PS2's out there. But now Treyarch is like saying

"Ps2 lags us lets ditch it" Which makes me happy.
It was hurting their development, so they completely dropped it, currently it is nothing but 7th gen. consoles.
So, I heard something about Molotov cocktails in the game(basically bottles of flame), and flamethrower tanks, lol, and Molotov cocktails turning tanks into flaming tanks, something tells me Treyarch loves fire very much.

Darkslash

Smash Master
It was hurting their development, so they completely dropped it, currently it is nothing but 7th gen. consoles.
So, I heard something about Molotov cocktails in the game(basically bottles of flame), and flamethrower tanks, lol, and Molotov cocktails turning tanks into flaming tanks, something tells me Treyarch loves fire very much.
Actually they are getting as historically accurate as they can get. Best weapon in the Pacific was the Flamethrower. Flushed out any hiding enemy. Though it does seem they like fire alot.

Darkslash

Smash Master

estion11

Smash Apprentice
I am probably lonely in this opinion, i thought CoD 3 was superior to 4 and am glad that they are going back to WWII roots. On the contrary to what most are saying I feel like there arent any good WWII games anymore and am glad world at war and Hell's highway are coming out. I guess I prefer using guns that arent like OMG I IZ TEH OVERKILLZ. That was stupid how in CoD 4 you could improve your gun, im fine with customizing how it feels and your scope or whatever but you shouldnt have been able to make it better

Darkslash

Smash Master
Good thing the games physics engine makes it so that the .45's are able to make holes in the wall. Its also going to be interesting on how they do vehicles. From the Co-op trailers you can stop them with the good old M2.

Olimarman

Smash Ace
COD3 was horrible on the wii, so I'm waiting to see what people think of WaW before I buy it. I definately have interest in it, along with gh4 which I'm hoping to get within days of the release.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
At first I was sort of excited for this since it's on the Wii [unlike CoD4] but then I realized they went back to WWII [seriously, **** WWII] and since I just got a PC it'd be better to get CoD4 if I'm getting any CoD. They announced this way too soon and it just doesn't have anything going for it, it's just running on the CoD name, like CoD4 and 3.

Darkslash

Smash Master
seriously whats with the hate with WWII? I'm actually getting sick of the hate and how much Modern Warfare games there are already out. ITs like every one is liking CoD4 becuase its a modern game...

Red Exodus

Smash Master
There's only so much you can do with WWII and so many games have done it before it just feels over done.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
So has anyone else here gotten a CoD: WaW beta code? I have, cause I migrated my CharlieOscarDelta account over to CallofDuty.com and I got the Purple Heart and VIP badges. :)

Top Bottom