• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

S

smash brawl player 99021

Only benefit from Commando is the Pro version which grants you No Falling Damage. That's still not enough for you to put it on though.

@:mad: Why the Pave Low? You don't like EAD's?

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Hm, seems my "Let's be gay" class is disapproved of. :(

Main reason I use that class is for explosives only. Commando is there in case someone comes up on me when I have my tube out. It's been an effective class thus far, though I wasn't entirely serious about it being the best. It's more of a gimmick class for the lulz and to give people teh rage.

Commando is not horrible. It's the only Tier 3 perk worth using until Ninja, imo.

Your class is probably the best, Mad. Though I don't really trust pavelows, I'd say an 11 kill streak would be pushing it as far as being the best all around class.

EADs are a hassle to use. Everyone knows you're using it since it's announced to the other team, and then it's a mob scene. Actually, with a Silenced ACR I'd say it'd make very nice bait.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Why the Pave Low? Because the Emergency Airdrop is beyond risky and something I only use for challenges. There's so much that can happen. You do not know which way your packages are gonna fall. I've had 3 of mine get over a barrier because of the random way they're dropped. Adding onto that, it gives away your position and takes you out of the game for a good deal of time. I chose the killstreaks that I did because I'm not busy with my Predator or Chopper Gunner. I'm immobile and chances are, I'll be found.

Even worse, theft. It can get stolen because my position is given away or a teammate can be in a better position for the good ones and steal it himself. On another note, it's entirely chance. Doesn't mean I always get something good. Not only that, it doesn't build toward another streak. I also find that the packages will kill you if they hit a slope and bounce. Care Packages are just not worth it to me. The Pave Low is just as easy to get. With it, I'm not out of the game and I can rush a spawn safely while building kills as they try to both shoot it down or hide.

Obvious retort;

BUT :mad: YOU CAN GET A CHOPPER GUNNER OUT OF IT <c

That is an undeserved killstreak. Nothing more than a Harrier should come from an EAD.

EDIT: fffffffff of course the 11 streaks are the best are you kidding me? Flares, a good amount of time on maps, ridiculous killing power you control. YOU CONTROL. That alone makes it the best.

EDIT 2: Oh wait, misunderstood what you said. I don't use an 11 streak because like I said. I don't like being out of the game. I use air support so I can keep moving and I'm not on my computer playing ****.

gsninja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
gsninja
3DS FC
5455-9389-5386
Switch FC
1284 3127 1819
FAMAS w/ Silencer
SPAS-12 or AA-12
Throwing Knife
Stun Grenade (x2)

Scavenger Pro
Cold-Blooded Pro
Ninja Pro
Martyrdom/Last Stand

Predator --> Harrier --> Chopper Gunner/AC-130

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeah

Dy17

Smash Apprentice
I'm sure that real soldiers in the military camp. You don't see them running out in the open with their guns blazing and yelling "FOR GREAT JUSTICE!!!", do you?
yea... i think i just said that... nobody complains about them now do they?

S

smash brawl player 99021

I only use my EAD's when I'm near my team, or our spawn. I always either wait to die or haul *** back to where my team is spawning. Then I throw it down because I know they'll at least cover me (somewhat). Pave Low's aren't always good on some maps too. They'll sometimes be completely ineffective. Just some thoughts. Sometimes I just go 3>4>5. It's so easy to obtain, and the UAV helps me get more kills (most of the time).

@Ninja, hold on, why Cold Blooded? I don't see a purpose for that when you could be using Stopping Power.

Dy17

Smash Apprentice
on xbox i use the famas w/ grenade launcher the first launcher thats available semtex stun grenade commando stopping power and i forgot the other perk.

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Ahem...

**** THE AA-12!!!

Onto my current setup...

For Core:

Barret w/FMJ and Thermal
G18/USP/Magnum(depends on what I'm working on)
Semtex/Smoke

Bling
Cold-blooded
Steady Aim

Hardcore isn't much different except my Barret is Thermal+Silencer. I don't like showing up on anyone's map, nor them hearing/seeing my gun go off.

Once I get back to 56, I'm going back to the M21. Might switch out to WA2000. I can't stand the Intervention.

As for shotguns, the SPAS is beast, and I like the Striker.

Current KS is UAV/CUAV/Precision Airstrike. Reasons; I'm trying to finish my UAV 1000 call ins, and I'm working on my Airstrike challenge. I've finished UAV, CUAV, Care Package, Harrier, Predator missle, and Stealth Bomber.

@Ninja, hold on, why Cold Blooded? I don't see a purpose for that when you could be using Stopping Power.
Ghost class.

Grunt

Smash Master
i was noob tubed by a booster all the way across invasion.
it hit me, not the ground or a wall. all the way from the building in the back, over B, riiiight behind that building between the parking lot and B

and hits me as I'm running.
:C

S

smash brawl player 99021

Reminds ye of Calleth of Dutyeth 4...eth? I always try to make smart movements and plots. I usually try to go through different areas every match (or round). Keeps them on their toesies.

Grunt

Smash Master
lol it was a random grenade, and it was the only time he ever killed me before. that's how i knew he was boosting.

also

it's Grenade of Grenade 4: modern Grenade-fare
and
camp of camping: modern campfest 2

F8AL

Banned via Warnings

Grunt

Smash Master
[FONT=&quot]K so in td today, I was walking by, everything fine…[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Then I died.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]It was a skull death, no one else killed me[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]No killcam[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I just died…[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Any ideas?
EDIT:
about the mythbusters thing, i havent wtched them, but if they're anything like the halo 3 ones, then they'd be great.
[/FONT]

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
[FONT=&quot]Any ideas?[/FONT]
Care package?

Grunt

Smash Master
care package gives you a "crushed by a care package" death, not a skull.
plus there was no killcam, nothing hit me.

gsninja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
gsninja
3DS FC
5455-9389-5386
Switch FC
1284 3127 1819
Stealth. If I use SP, I'd also replace the Silencer with a Holo Sight or the Noob Toob.

Granted, Stopping Power would allow me to OBKO (One Burst KO) from any range, but I've gotten WAY too used to CB. I'm so used to not getting hit by killstreaks, even when running out in the open, that I keep forgetting to run under cover when I don't have CB rofl.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
So what's a good way to thwart a team intent on using Noob Tubes and Shot guns?

Noob Tubes seem to be unstoppable (These guys were masters in the art of noobing and tubing) and they had a few guys running around, getting to us, and using shotgun.

All while playing Domination on Highrise.

I tried to do what I could with my knifing class (P90 silenced/Ranger/Marathon/Lightweight/commando) and used my claymores. While it eliminated, to some degree, the people coming from underneath to flag C, the rest of the enemy team was noob tubing.

While three of the four guys I was with quit for the night, I stuck it through and left with an even KD ratio, but that doesn't matter as much in domination. In the pre-game lobby, one of those people commented "Not so tough without the rest of your clan, eh?"

I need to know how to counteract this.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I only use my EAD's when I'm near my team, or our spawn. I always either wait to die or haul *** back to where my team is spawning. Then I throw it down because I know they'll at least cover me (somewhat). Pave Low's aren't always good on some maps too. They'll sometimes be completely ineffective. Just some thoughts. Sometimes I just go 3>4>5. It's so easy to obtain, and the UAV helps me get more kills (most of the time).

Your location is still given away. Pave Lows are effective on every map because it moves all the time. Emergency Airdop is absolutely horrible on maps like Scrapyard, so you're out of luck.

Ahem...

**** THE AA-12!!!

Onto my current setup...

For Core:

Barret w/FMJ and Thermal
G18/USP/Magnum(depends on what I'm working on)
Semtex/Smoke

Bling
Cold-blooded
Steady Aim

Hardcore isn't much different except my Barret is Thermal+Silencer. I don't like showing up on anyone's map, nor them hearing/seeing my gun go off.

Once I get back to 56, I'm going back to the M21. Might switch out to WA2000. I can't stand the Intervention.

As for shotguns, the SPAS is beast, and I like the Striker.

Current KS is UAV/CUAV/Precision Airstrike. Reasons; I'm trying to finish my UAV 1000 call ins, and I'm working on my Airstrike challenge. I've finished UAV, CUAV, Care Package, Harrier, Predator missle, and Stealth Bomber.

Ghost class.
Why is the SPAS-12 the best shotgun? I understand it has monsterous range but come on, you know you have one shot on someone before they can kill you. If there's multiple people or you screw it up, you are dead. AA-12 w/ Extended Mags. Allows you to lay on the trigger and take out multiple enemies. It's also unlikely you'll run out of ammo up close so you should be just fine.

Reminds ye of Calleth of Dutyeth 4...eth? I always try to make smart movements and plots. I usually try to go through different areas every match (or round). Keeps them on their toesies.
I dislike this post.

So what's a good way to thwart a team intent on using Noob Tubes and Shot guns?

Noob Tubes seem to be unstoppable (These guys were masters in the art of noobing and tubing) and they had a few guys running around, getting to us, and using shotgun.

All while playing Domination on Highrise.

I tried to do what I could with my knifing class (P90 silenced/Ranger/Marathon/Lightweight/commando) and used my claymores. While it eliminated, to some degree, the people coming from underneath to flag C, the rest of the enemy team was noob tubing.

While three of the four guys I was with quit for the night, I stuck it through and left with an even KD ratio, but that doesn't matter as much in domination. In the pre-game lobby, one of those people commented "Not so tough without the rest of your clan, eh?"

I need to know how to counteract this.
Contrary to popular belief, there is a way to counter this. A Blast Shield is your best bet. Try patrolling a building so you're safe, play cautiously and wait for them to rush. Or you could rush them with a Marathon -> Lightweight -> Ninja setup.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Modern Warfare 2 makes a billion dollars

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/01/13/modern-warfare-2-makes-a-billion-dollars/
http://kotaku.com/5447173/youve-purchased-1-billion-worth-of-modern-warfare-2

The publisher announced that Infinity Ward's mega-hit FPS just crossed the $1 billion threshold in sell-throughs. Which means, yes, that some of that billion went to retailers and not just Activision. The company reminded us that $550 million of those sales happened in the first five days, meaning that more than half of the game's total worldwide sales occurred right at launch.

"There are only a handful of entertainment properties that have ever reached the $1 billion mark," Activision CEO Bobby Kotick, beneficiary of some of that one billion dollars you put into this game, said, "which illustrates the power of the Call of Duty franchise and mass appeal of this game."

S

smash brawl player 99021

Well congrats to them :p Just got Chopper Gunner in Search and Destroy xD

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
Begging your pardon, people, but what's a noob tube? Is it the grenade launcher or something?

And another question, what's the best way to finsh Evasion in Spec Ops on Veteran? I've figured that the easiest way to go is along the left side all the way up to the pipe, but after the patrol passes I don't know what to do after that.

S

smash brawl player 99021

Some questions are better left unanswered ;)

And Noob Tube is a Grenade Lawn Chair.

Just went 40-5 on Terminal. Probably my best game. I was using Predator>Harriers>Pave Low >:l

Should've had my nuke setup on...

Oh. My. Goodness. The UMP is probably my favorite gun right now. Silenced, it's so amazing.

GreenFox

Smash Ace
Bad rep was from mainly quitting alot on the Original Gears and some from trash talk(alot of igorant british people) and no party chat rep wise

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I think that one is impossible . . . There can't be enough enemies to get it . . . Right?

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
[FONT=&quot]Any ideas?
EDIT:
about the mythbusters thing, i havent wtched them, but if they're anything like the halo 3 ones, then they'd be great.
[/FONT]
Map?

I'm gonna guess you walked off a portion of 'playable' map. That's all I got.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Begging your pardon, people, but what's a noob tube? Is it the grenade launcher or something?

And another question, what's the best way to finsh Evasion in Spec Ops on Veteran? I've figured that the easiest way to go is along the left side all the way up to the pipe, but after the patrol passes I don't know what to do after that.
Yes, it's the Grenade Launcher.

Evasion is the mission in Alpha, where you need to sneak around, correct? I'll give a run down of how I did it.

Stay to the right, and when you see the patrol, hide in the bushes until they pass. Then, continue along the right side until you see two guards talking at the top of the hill, take them both out quickly so attention is not drawn to you. There will be a guy and a dog to your left there as well. You can shoot both of them in one shot, though the guy might not die, so you'll need to put another shot into him.

Continue into the patrol, then wait for them to pass. Don't go into the pass thing. Follow the patrol and don't attract any attention. Stay all the way right until you get near the pipes. You can get up under the pipes and follow them along the right wall until you get a view of the hill. From there, you can take out the two guys on top and just run up there. Nobody should see you.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I think that one is impossible . . . There can't be enough enemies to get it . . . Right?
6 person teams.

You would need to play 4-5 rounds while getting an SnD ace every time without dying.

It will never happen.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Well, assuming you started on defense it could happen.

3 rounds, 6 kills each. Let them plant the bomb and let it blow up each time. 18 kills total.

Switch sides, only one round sweep and one kill in the next round and that would be 25. If you use hardline 4 rounds are all that are necessary.

It's possible, just not practical AT ALL.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Of course it's possible. If if exists, it can be done. It just won't.

Top Bottom