• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

S

smash brawl player 99021

I'm sorry dad. I'm nearly praying for the P90 to be included in this next one :D
And I'm craving some new sort of multiplayer match. Oh...And I wonder if they'll include some maps from CoD4?

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
The P90 will be in MW2, and it's a new model.

I think Shipment is a must. If it was up to me, I'd pick Backlot, Pipeline, Crash, Downpour, and Strike. Vacant's not bad either.

S

smash brawl player 99021

I'm pretty sure people would be mad if they put Wet Work on there too:laugh: I'd be excited to see the new model of the P90 too. Strike, I don't know...Isn't that the one with like 3 glitches?

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
Strike's a cool map.

Regardless, the P90 still looks the same and fires the same ammunition.(5.57)

S

smash brawl player 99021

Haha what's the deal with all the same pictures? IwantitIwantitIwantit!

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
So join in.

Just copy the link location from our avatars to yours. Btw did you all know that the new level cap is 70? thing is, you get a **** load of points for doing almost anything now.

Taking down choppers is always a high reward, which promotes "teamwork" to take down the opposing Heli. I quoted teamwork because it's more of a team of people trying to get the chunk of points LOL.

S

smash brawl player 99021

70!?!?!?!? FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
I hated CoD5 going to 65 but 70...
Rage. At least you'll get to it faster with more point..(?)

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I changed my avatar as well. Pretty l33t tbh. :p

Icy make sure you change yours as well! I'm also going to message you my gt so we can play on Friday.

EDIT: I found a very interesting and popular thread on the IW forums. MW gamers outside of North America are complaining of the lack of a local search option in the game. From what I read, lag is a huge issue for anyone who plays outside of NA, and the lag makes the multiplayer almost unplayable for them.

I agree with everything they're saying too. IW shouldn't only focus on the gamers here in America. That's just downright selfish and a stab in the back to IW fans overseas.

Here's the thread if you guys are interested. http://forums.infinityward.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=107154

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
No Modern Warfare 2 Demo Planned

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/102/1028785p1.html

"Fans hoping for an early taste of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 through a demo will be sad to know one isn't coming.

Developer Infinity Ward currently has "no plans" on releasing any type of demo for players to try before they buy, saying the team will use the extra time spent adding final touches to the retail game.

"The entire team is focused on polish all the way up to ship of the full game," the studio announced on its Twitter.

Infinity Ward made it known last month the studio was not preparing to do a public multiplayer beta, either."

S

smash brawl player 99021

No Modern Warfare 2 Demo Planned

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/102/1028785p1.html

"Fans hoping for an early taste of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 through a demo will be sad to know one isn't coming.

Developer Infinity Ward currently has "no plans" on releasing any type of demo for players to try before they buy, saying the team will use the extra time spent adding final touches to the retail game.

"The entire team is focused on polish all the way up to ship of the full game," the studio announced on its Twitter.

Infinity Ward made it known last month the studio was not preparing to do a public multiplayer beta, either."
You just ruined my day.

S

smash brawl player 99021

Rage. This gives me reason to burn Dr. Seuss books.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
lol so now we get no demo and no public beta. :(
At least the game will feel more fresh when it comes out. It also gives IW a little more time to polish some things up. As long as the game doesn't get delayed, I'm perfectly fine with their decision.

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
I don't want a BETA, but that's just my opinion. I'm sure a lot of people disagree with me, which I don't care much about:).

I do HATE watching other people play the game, it seems to me like everyone who's played it and had their screen recorded SUCKS majorly. They're like..Slow or something. AAERJKHJRKEHGEKLTJGHLKT

I love ******* who run out with a FAMAS and their screen clearly says "RELOAD" with the clip size flashing red and they're like, oblivious. Then the inevitable happens: They get owned and wonder what happened.

/rage

Idea: Guys how about a clan?

We'd have:
IcyDeath
FAIL
TRG
Me and my friends:
Xii NoFear iiX
Big Boss610
Deth425

7 members already, whadda ya say!?

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I don't want a BETA, but that's just my opinion. I'm sure a lot of people disagree with me, which I don't care much about:).

I do HATE watching other people play the game, it seems to me like everyone who's played it and had their screen recorded SUCKS majorly. They're like..Slow or something. AAERJKHJRKEHGEKLTJGHLKT

I love ******* who run out with a FAMAS and their screen clearly says "RELOAD" with the clip size flashing red and they're like, oblivious. Then the inevitable happens: They get owned and wonder what happened.

/rage

We'd have:
IcyDeath
FAIL
TRG
Me and my friends:
Xii NoFear iiX
Big Boss610
Deth425

I'm in. Any ideas on the clan tags?

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
We usually wear the N7 tag to represent Mass Effect(beating the game on Insanity unlocks the N7 gamerpic) so we used to roll with that. However, I don't like shoving anything down people's throats(unless you're a female and I'm interested) so we'll decide on that collectively.

Ideas? Hmm, Smashboards Online(SbO)?? Just nothing too cheesy please.:(

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
We usually wear the N7 tag to represent Mass Effect(beating the game on Insanity unlocks the N7 gamerpic) so we used to roll with that. However, I don't like shoving anything down people's throats(unless you're a female and I'm interested) so we'll decide on that collectively.

Ideas? Hmm, Smashboards Online(SbO)?? Just nothing too cheesy please.:(
How about SWF? (Smash World Forums)

^
lol, unoriginal.

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
Hmm, yeah it'd work for US but what about my friends who have no clue about SWF? What about something in-game?

141, to represent the new faction. Blah.

Better news:
PAVE LOW(Armored Heli) FOOTAGE:

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dgKzIo8RqrM&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dgKzIo8RqrM&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
Even though it has been mentioned several times, it's totally worth it to mention: Wow this guy sucks. But besides that, this game is going to be soooo epic. Anyone worried that with all the guns, attachments, and kill streaks and such coming into this game that it might be unbalanced to a certain extent? Knowing Cod, it probably will be a little, but infinity ward was pretty good about that in cod4. Thoughts?

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Even though it has been mentioned several times, it's totally worth it to mention: Wow this guy sucks. But besides that, this game is going to be soooo epic. Anyone worried that with all the guns, attachments, and kill streaks and such coming into this game that it might be unbalanced to a certain extent? Knowing Cod, it probably will be a little, but infinity ward was pretty good about that in cod4. Thoughts?
This has also been my main concern (as well as silenced snipers). However, IW knew what they were doing for the past CoD's, so I still have full faith in them.

The only thing "unbalanced" about CoD4 was the typical M16 w/ stopping power. As long as you have decent aim, you can easily kill someone with a single click of the trigger. It's fairly balanced out since it's not so great at close range.

BTW: That video was hard to watch. My little brother who only plays world of warcraft would have done better than that guy.

EDIT: Barrel rolls confirmed- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1S6MWo2CE0&feature=related

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Watching Zero Beat's video. Will post my response after.

EDIT: Wow, he's really bad. I love it how he got the death streak "copycat" right off the bat. He represents the majority of CoD4 players. And by that, I mean that he's really bad and he prolly went 2-15.

This has also been my main concern (as well as silenced snipers). However, IW knew what they were doing for the past CoD's, so I still have full faith in them.

The only thing "unbalanced" about CoD4 was the typical M16 w/ stopping power. As long as you have decent aim, you can easily kill someone with a single click of the trigger. It's fairly balanced out since it's not so great at close range.

BTW: That video was hard to watch. My little brother who only plays world of warcraft would have done better than that guy.

EDIT: Barrel rolls confirmed- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1S6MWo2CE0&feature=related
Every weapon and perk are "unbalanced" in CoD4. For example, if you go on a 20 knife streak, the knife is considered "unbalanced", "noobie" and you're "bad" for using it. I use the M16 w/ stopping power a lot. Whatever kills. When people complain about it, I tell them to "cry moar". Also, steady aim or martyrdom will fix that close quarters combat problem quite nicely. :D

EDIT 2: Sorry, I didn't find your video amusing/funny. I prefer the barrel roll jokes to stay with the Star Fox games.

EDIT 3 (lol): There will be a new trailer on Sunday. I will post the link when it's released.

Thanks Zero Beat for posting that video.

S

smash brawl player 99021

Just watched it...Um. I'm not really sure how to respond to that. Other than "USE THE BOOST TO CHASE" or "SOMETHINGS WRONG WITH THE G-DIFFUSER". Pretty fun though.

S

smash brawl player 99021

Shame on you. Bringing a F-Zero announcer comment in here. Go to your room, no supper, no tv. If I ever hear another one of those, I will take out my good belt.

I've been meaning to ask this for a while, you guys think that some new game (Mike Myers, Cops and Robbers etc.) involved with throwing knives? Like some sort of THROWING Micheal Myers. :confused::p:chuckle:

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
LOL I love it at the end of Zero Beat's video when a girl walks by and says something along the lines of "yeah you're not supposed to do that!"

Wonder how he filmed the video? Guess he 'forgot' to delete it off his cam recorder lol.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559

We'd have:
IcyDeath
FAIL
TRG
Me and my friends:
Xii NoFear iiX
Big Boss610
Deth425

I'm liking this idea. We'd make a pretty hardcore clan considering how good most of us are. I still haven't played with Icy yet though... Hopefully on Friday!

I have 0 ideas on a clan tag though.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Awwwwww yeah!!!!

http://kotaku.com/5371279/the-official-energy-drink-of-modern-warfare-2

"Activision teams up with Monster Energy next month for special Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2-branded packages, with the chance to win free stuff packed right in.

What kind of free stuff? the Monster Modern Warfare 2 Giveaway will be handing out 1,000 copies of the Modern Warfare 2 Hardened Edition; 5,000 map pack codes for a pack planned for a spring 2010 release; 10.000 Modern Warfare 2 premium themes for the Xbox 360 or PS3; and free cans of Monster Energy, of course. Each package comes with a code on the inside that can be redeemed at a special Modern Warfare 2 section of the Monster website, once it goes live.

The codes can be found in specially marked Monster Energy 4-packs. 6-packs will also be available exclusively through Sam's Club, each of those granting access to the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Combat Training Experience, an exclusive online event being hosted by Infinity Ward this November."

S

smash brawl player 99021

Our clan tag can be...F@GZ.(Sorry to sensor dodge, but I had to spell it somehow :/) The F from "F8AL", the A from "ApollosAtackers", the G from "The Real Gamer", And the Z from "Zero Beat" I think it's a great idea. :3 Hahaha
But yeah I have no clue. Got my picture changed though :D

S

smash brawl player 99021

Do you guys think we should all get one of the Monster things? I'm not too big on energy drinks, but it's up to you guys I guess.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Some interesting MW2 information answers from Fourzerotwo's Twitter:

http://forums.infinityward.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=108750

EDIT: Modern Warfare 2 Map Pack Coming Spring 2010

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-3628-Modern-Warfare-2-Map-Pack-Coming-Spring-2010

"As part of the Modern Warfare 2 promotional push, Activision teamed up with the Monster Beverage Drinks company to create a Modern Warfare 2 branded energy drink. On said energy drink pack was a giveaway that would give 5,000 winners a free Modern Warfare 2 map pack which had a "planned release [of] Spring 2010."

We know that there are two timed exclusive Modern Warfare 2 map packs initially planned and whether this is one of them, we're not sure. Either way, just expect a Modern Warfare 2 map pack in spring 2010."

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/10/01/modern-warfare-2-map-pack-planned-for-spring-2010/

S

smash brawl player 99021

Oh. I didn't know. I'm no fan of Halo. I'll leave it up to you guys then :)

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
*BUMP*

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2's achievements have been posted!

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/call-of-duty-modern-warfare-2/achievements/

I just read all of them, there doesn't seem to be any spoilers.

EDIT: LOL some of the achievement names are funny.

Also, there are NO multi-player achievements! Thank you Infinity Ward! <3

EDIT: Just a reminder of the new trailer on Sunday.

http://kotaku.com/5373145/the-next-modern-warfare-trailer-will-be-televised

"The new trailer, featuring in-game footage mixed with whatever that is in the image up there, should be dropping sometime after the show starts at 8pm Eastern."

Top Bottom