• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Must be somewhat like the Halo Radar. And yeah that would be a pretty decent perk.
No, the Halo radar is motion sensored. In the Halo series, when an enemy is running and not crouch walking, they appear as red dots on your radar. The heartbeat sensor in MW2 doesn't detect movement, only heartbeats by nearby enemies.

They are both different.

S

smash brawl player 99021

The customizable kill-streaks look pretty cool. It actually looks more like a Tom-Clancy game now.With the equipment and secondary weapons...

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Guys I saw a 10 minute video last night of a CTF game. I'll try to find it and post it here. It showcases the .50 Cal with a Heartbeat Sensor, and some variant of the SAW with a Red Dot.
Nevermind, I can't find it.

This probablly isn't what you saw, but it's a moderately long video of a 50 cal (with heartbeat sensor) in action

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCAY5dJC4Fk

What's the Heartbeat sensor for exactly?
Watch the above video to see the hearbeat sensor in action.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
The guy said that there would be no vehicles in multiplayer.
YES! Another great move by IW. Those tanks in CoD: WaW drove me INSANE!

Thanks for the vid F8AL. Another vid to add to the front page. We're at the point where there are going to be hundreds of MW2 videos everywhere, so we'll have to start getting selective as to what we want to add to the front page.

Btw, after listening to that interview, I just realized how awesome the Copycat perk was. It will give a scrub newer player easy access to different guns/perks that they haven't yet unlocked, as well as show them what perks/guns work well together and what don't.

I'm personally going to be using scavenger a lot. Infinite grenades/special grenades ftw?

EDIT: I lol'ed hard at 3:00-3:05 where the guy refuses to give any information on maps.

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
Did anyone else notice in the .50 Cal video that when he shot, there was no "bang" sound? Silenced .50 Cal sounds a little farfetched though.

The Bling perk does allow for a Heartbeat Sensor and a Silencer.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
The only thing I don't like about MW2 so far is the idea of suppressed sniper rifles and shotguns. Silenced sniper rifles would encourage more camping and people would just slap on UAV jammer to remain completely hidden. Also, I didn't think they invented silencers for shotguns in real life. Weird.

Also, I'm a bit skeptical on the whole deathstreaks/copycat perk idea. Let's say they had death streaks/the copycat perk in CoD4 for the sake of this argument, if you kept on owning a noob with your frag x3 and SP M16, how would you feel if the copycat perk gave them frag x3 and SP M16?

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
In real life, silenced shotguns do exist and silenced snipers shouldn't even be a surprise. Remember this is MODERN Warfare.

I don't think the copy cat perk will do anything major to change the tide of anything. This way at least these guys that hold me back will now have a chance to survive a little longer and not be walking air strikes or Helis.

D13

Smash Ace
Death streaks seem like a horrible idea at first, but I don't think they will be too much of a problem. Let's hope that the longer death streak perks don't give you free choppers or some ****.

What do you think the damage reductions will be like for silenced sniper rifles? Lower damage at range like everything else? Or a single number all the way across?

S

smash brawl player 99021

Don't you think people might intentionally kill themselves to get the perks?!?!?!?!?!?
This might not be good :(

D13

Smash Ace
"You killed youself 5 times! The emo meter is now full!" aha ha

I'm pretty sure that overcooking grenades won't add to (subctract from?) your streak.

S

smash brawl player 99021

Well what if they just run into the fight, blindly, trying to die? I could see this as a way for "Team Killers" and other similar people to mess with the game and deteriorate gameplay from others.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I'm sure that there's going to be a limit on the deathstreaks so players don't abuse it.

And I would like it if IW would ban players who boost for headshots in cage match.

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
I'm sure that there's going to be a limit on the deathstreaks so players don't abuse it.

And I would like it if IW would ban players who boost for headshots in cage match.
Why does it matter..? How does that even affect you?:(

I boosted for my golden weapons because I didn't feel like getting them legit. It has never hurt anyone. Golden bullets don't do more damage:-p.

S

smash brawl player 99021

...I have to admit I've done the same :(
Golden weapons take a long time to get, and I'm super lazy. AND I prestiged so bad move on my part...

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Why does it matter..? How does that even affect you?:(

I boosted for my golden weapons because I didn't feel like getting them legit. It has never hurt anyone. Golden bullets don't do more damage:-p.
It matters because they're supposed to be for players who can actually get head shots legitly. If everyone had all the gold guns, then they wouldn't be that special anymore. Same goes for the whole katana thing in Halo 3's MP. It's only for players who got the original 1000 GS (I think? I haven't played Halo 3 in a while so I've forgotten a lot of stuff, correct me if I'm wrong)

Another example is the 360's gamerscore system. Microsoft resets and labels players who cheat their gamescore in order to keep the whole community happy. Sure, it doesn't hurt anyone having a high gamerscore but if angers the legit players who get their achievements legitly.

...I have to admit I've done the same :(
Golden weapons take a long time to get, and I'm super lazy. AND I prestiged so bad move on my part...
They're supposed to take a long time to get. It's your reward for completing the headshots for those guns and whatever else you need. Don't prestige, bad mistake. Sure the idea sounds good but then shortly afterwards you realize that you shouldn't have done that.

EDIT : 'Martydrom' perk may be different in Modern Warfare 2

"Aware of the reception of the perk, it appears as if it may have been tweaked or refined in Infinity Ward’s follow-up to the shooter, Modern Warfare 2. Chatting it up with VideoGamer, lead character artist for the title Joel Emslie said, "We are very, very aware of the community and what they like and don't like, and Martyrdom has caught our attention.” He added, “I'm happy with how the game is.”

"It's Martyrdom treated differently. And I will say this -- it fits in perfectly."

Sounds like something is afoot, for sure. But as Emslie noted when first approached, the perk wasn’t in the beta, therefore he couldn’t discuss it beyond that bit of information. We’re left wondering with twitchy fingers."

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
It matters because they're supposed to be for players who can actually get head shots legitly. If everyone had all the gold guns, then they wouldn't be that special anymore. Same goes for the whole katana thing in Halo 3's MP. It's only for players who got the original 1000 GS (I think? I haven't played Halo 3 in a while so I've forgotten a lot of stuff, correct me if I'm wrong)
Right, but why does it matter if I have them? How does it negatively affect anyone else? Unless whoever doesn't have them are jealous, then that is THEIR problem, not mine. Are you implying I cannot get headshots legitimately? Let's play sometime.

I don't care if you hate my red tiger camo or like my golden plated weapon. I will use the red camo or the golden plate because >I< like it, I am not playing the game for YOUR satisfaction.

See the problem with your side? I am in no way alterinng my aim or damage per shot, it is simply an aesthetic change, which SHOULDN'T affect anyone but my own personal taste.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Right, but why does it matter if I have them? How does it negatively affect anyone else? Unless whoever doesn't have them are jealous, then that is THEIR problem, not mine. Are you implying I cannot get headshots legitimately? Let's play sometime.

I don't care if you hate my red tiger camo or like my golden plated weapon. I will use the red camo or the golden plate because >I< like it, I am not playing the game for YOUR satisfaction.

See the problem with your side? I am in no way alterinng my aim or damage per shot, it is simply an aesthetic change, which SHOULDN'T affect anyone but my own personal taste.
Woah, going on the offensive there I see...and no, I was not implying that you couldn't get headshots legitimately. You just shouldn't tell other people about how you got them, that's all.

And sure, sounds like fun. I didn't think you played CoD4 anymore. Add me, my Xbox LIVE gamertag is: "II F8AL II" and add The Real Gamer as well, his GT is: "TEH 4pp1e SEED".

And point well taken. I'm still not going to boost for my headshots tho, it wouldn't feel right knowing that I had to resort to unsavoury ways to obtain them.

Ooo yes we all should. Both F8AL and I are pretty consistent players (Me being a 1.68 K/D while F8AL is a 1.8 something).
1.89, I try to go positive every game. I'm also playing more SnD now, instead of mainly core TDM. :)

EDIT : I won't be able to play CoD4 for a little while, I got my 2nd RROD on my 360. Thanks Microsoft.

S

smash brawl player 99021

Search is teh best !1!1! TDM is kinda boring after a while, just killing and scrap killing. It's mostly respawning. In Search, you gotta set up a ****ing tent and camp.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Search is teh best !1!1! TDM is kinda boring after a while, just killing and scrap killing. It's mostly respawning. In Search, you gotta set up a ****ing tent and camp.
I love the feeling you get in SnD when you kill someone, the ever so satisfying +50 pops up and you know that they're not re spawning till the next round.

Also, I'm really careful in SnD. (i.e. I don't run to common grenade spots, I crouch and don't run around corners blindly)

I have yet to do a ninja defuse.

An interesting interview with a MW2 multiplayer designer

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/09/21/interview-call-of-duty-modern-warfare-2-multiplayer-designer-t/

"Does that shield wear down after a while? Like if people are hammering it with bullets, does it eventually break up?

No."

"Does the game already handle griefing? Like, if you have a guy who is team killing all the time.

Well, it's only in hardcore mode. So if you are a griefer in hardcore mode, the more you grief, the more you are punished. There is a respawn timer that gets bigger and bigger the more you grief. But we have different ways that we handle that."

"We saw a lot of problems not long ago appearing with the modders glitching in Call of Duty, and you guys were putting out patches to combat that. Are you guys going to implement any sort of team voting to kick a player out in the next one?

No. There is no team voting. We tried to fix the problem and not just the symptom. So if there is something really messing with the game, we just jump right on top of it and try to fix it."

"Does the game already handle griefing? Like, if you have a guy who is team killing all the time.

Well, it's only in hardcore mode. So if you are a griefer in hardcore mode, the more you grief, the more you are punished. There is a respawn timer that gets bigger and bigger the more you grief. But we have different ways that we handle that."

"Will you be able to play multiplayer with two people on one console, going online together?

No."

^
SUPER SAD FACE! =(

S

smash brawl player 99021

I'm actually glad about the 1 person Multiplayer. Two people makes the screen almost too small, and if it was just you and someone else (say you were the last two left) and one guy got killed by another on the opposing team. They could basically tell you what guns, where the were, etc.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
The lack of co-op (with the exception of Special Ops mode) and 2 players per console online multiplayer split screen/a guest feature in MW2 disappoints me. What's next, no theatre mode?

S

smash brawl player 99021

The M16 on Hardcore TDM is too good :)
I've been trying to improve My K/D ratio for you too.
I just really hope they have a kick-*** Campaign and a long lasting Multiplayer.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
The M16 on Hardcore TDM is too good :)
I've been trying to improve My K/D ratio for you too.
I just really hope they have a kick-*** Campaign and a long lasting Multiplayer.
Oh? I would've used the M4 carbine in hardcore because players die faster in that gamemode. And the M4 carbine fires faster than the M16. Whatever works for you, I suppose. And lol you don't need to do that. :p

I have faith in Infinity Ward. MW2 will be better in CoD4 in every way possible. They're not the kind of game company who would release a game with content which you already own.

*COUGHHALO3:ODSTCOUGH*

S

smash brawl player 99021

Pwahhaha I'm starting to consider making a group called "I hate Bungie."
I hope for my life that they add a new Multiplayer game. Like...something with Snipers only maybe? Mods would always win though :(

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Pwahhaha I'm starting to consider making a group called "I hate Bungie."
I hope for my life that they add a new Multiplayer game. Like...something with Snipers only maybe? Mods would always win though :(
Please do, I'd join right away.

Maybe. I don't see any reason why they wouldn't add gametypes like that. They should add an official "Micheal Myers" gametype. Anyone here play MM in CoD4? It's so fun. The Real Gamer knows what I'm talking about. :)

S

smash brawl player 99021

MM is really good. Except on Shipment. Almost too small. F8AL knows what I'm talking about :p

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
And I know what all of you are talking about. Lol yes MM is quite fun! :p We gotta get some people and play again some time F8AL!

And responding to your earlier comment, I REALLY REALLY want a theater mode where you can watch your best matches. It was one of my favorite features of Halo 3. Lets cross our fingers everyon!

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
Ooo yes we all should. Both F8AL and I are pretty consistent players (Me being a 1.68 K/D while F8AL is a 1.8 something).
Great, I'll add both of you. The friends I play with are pretty good too. My KPD'S 1.92 but understand that my connection maxes out at 2.5 MEGABYTES...I always have three bars of connection unless I am host, which is never the case.

The friends I play with both have Comcast(16 mb's[always 4 bars]) and their kpd's are 2.54(llx NoFear xll) and 2.43(Big Boss610). Yet I'm better than both. It's just that I die a lot(For example, I may finish a game 50 and 15) because I have the handicap of a horrible connection. Everyone always sees me first off corners and stuff. Yeah I'll add you, we hate getting ****ty team mates and you guys sound great:D.

However, we do not play SnD, nor any of the Hardcore gametypes. Usually just core Domination or seldom do we play TDM.

S

smash brawl player 99021

...What about meeee? I'm...ok. I may be Johnning but when I prestiged I always HATED having to use the Pre-set packs. Hate/Rage

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
MM is really good. Except on Shipment. Almost too small. F8AL knows what I'm talking about :p
No, not really because we have yet to play CoD4 together lol. But yeah, Shipment sucks for MM because the match usually doesn't last for more than a minute or two.

And I know what all of you are talking about. Lol yes MM is quite fun! :p We gotta get some people and play again some time F8AL!

And responding to your earlier comment, I REALLY REALLY want a theater mode where you can watch your best matches. It was one of my favorite features of Halo 3. Lets cross our fingers everyon!
Sure, I'll get my friends and you together again and we can do every map by alphabetical order. Takes a while tho but it's soooo fun! :p

Yeah, Halo 3's theater mode was one of my favorite features of Halo 3 as well. I don't see any reason why IW wouldn't/couldn't add a theater mode to MW2. I'd put all of the fails (i.e. people trying to knife me and then missing) or my perfections on it. :D

EDIT : I received an e-mail from M$ yesterday notifying me that they received my 360 console at their repair center. It's currently in step 3 out of 4. (Step 4 being the 360 being repaired/replaced and then being shipped back to you) Here's hoping I get it back on Friday or early next week! :)

EDIT 2 : One Day, Infinity Ward Will Do Something Other Than Call Of Duty

http://kotaku.com/5364636/one-day-infinity-ward-will-do-something-other-than-call-of-duty

"Infinity Ward are famous! Famous for being the guys behind Call of Duty, and...and...well, that's it. Just Call of Duty.

But don't tell them that! Because one day, IW would like to do something new. Heck, they think they're doing something new already, community manager Robert Bowling telling Videogamer "When we feel like we can't innovate any further in the Call of Duty franchise, then we'll do something else."

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
Domination on Shipment is a blessing. What's your GT Icy Death? I added both FAIL!!! and The Real Gamer. :-p

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Domination on Shipment is a blessing. What's your GT Icy Death? I added both FAIL!!! and The Real Gamer. :-p
Really? I once played it and within the first 2 seconds of the game I saw like 10 grenades land at my feet. I'm assuming you'll need frag x3 and martyrdom for that map. Reminds me of vacant. (close quarters map and the hallways keep on blowing up with frag x3 and martyrdom users :p)

And are you getting my username wrong on purpose? :p

EDIT: Icy Death's GT is: ApollosAtackers

S

smash brawl player 99021

I was refering to you knowing about small things :p
lolathighschoolhumor

All Bungie is known for is Halo...and all their old games like Marathon and stuff.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I was refering to you knowing about small things :p
lolathighschoolhumor

All Bungie is known for is Halo...and all their old games like Marathon and stuff.
Bungie should stop making Halo games and make another Oni or Marathon game. That'd be pretty sweet. Or maybe another Myth game.

S

smash brawl player 99021

Halo wars was actually decent...Just my opinion. I'm going to camp like a ***** in MW2

Top Bottom