• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

C3 Presents: Brawl Tournament - Ashburn, Virginia - May 25th, 2008 (Sunday) -11AM

Melee the Saturday night at the lockin?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenrawr

Smash Master
toast you've played nava. rofl he came to an o-no tourney. awhile back. i know i played him =P
MASHI! Remember me from online friendlies a while ago? :3

Idk if I can make it in time for doubles, I'll be there for singles x_X [ADA needs a part]

Steck

Smash Journeyman
I might go to this seeing that the Cyberden one is now canceled.

First tournament- really excited lol

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
To Tope:
Me, Vex, Cloudz, and Chibo might be coming and cloudz is driving. and he has something to do. and if there any way if were late to the lockin can we still get housed?

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
How late is late?

If the lock in ends up going down for Saturday it most likely wouldn't be till later, 11 or 12.

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
Major Update : Everyone Please Read!!!

From now on C3 will have the following rules

1. The 10$ venue fee no longer include chips and a drink.

2. C3 is having trouble with parking. Since we have some new neighbors we can not afford to take up the entire parking lot area (since they threatened to call the cops last time). Essentially if you see a building that looks like it's open don't park close to it. The owner and I might as ask you to move your car if you park too close.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
yikes (@ food and parking) :( that's unfortunate. are there any areas that you know of maybe further down the lot that aren't occupied? I guess we could just use common sense when we get there >_>

I should have my recording stuff fixed by then. See me if you want matches recorded.

Shinku

Smash Champion
thanks alot tope with the update. like Mild said f*** c3 and there gay a** venue fees, he speaks the truth

so how bout that sat night lock in? or did i miss that =\

Rebel581

Smash Champion
Wow, this is getting ridiculous. And on my way there, I have to pay a toll. There's probably a way around the toll that I don't know (don't know the area at all), but paying $10 just to exist at the venue?

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well I think the reason he's cutting out the chips and drink is because too much of the stuff is being stolen/lost etc.

Venue fee's are not that uncommon for tournaments, you look further north and you'll see a lot of 10$ venue fee's and 50% being taken from the pot. At least our pot is left alone.

If the lock-in occurs it'll be Friday night (all the fighters will be there on saturday for a major) So I'm inclined to say screw it, because I know a lot of people won't be there.

That being said, we should have Sunday all to our selves.

Rebel581

Smash Champion
Well I think the reason he's cutting out the chips and drink is because too much of the stuff is being stolen/lost etc.

Venue fee's are not that uncommon for tournaments, you look further north and you'll see a lot of 10$ venue fee's and 50% being taken from the pot. At least our pot is left alone.

If the lock-in occurs it'll be Friday night (all the fighters will be there on saturday for a major) So I'm inclined to say screw it, because I know a lot of people won't be there.

That being said, we should have Sunday all to our selves.
A lesser wrong doesn't make it right. I'm still not liking a $10 venue fee, but I'll still be coming until it gets too out of hand with the venue fees.

hova

Smash Champion
stop being so hard on C3, it's hard as *** for lan centers like that to stay in business

<3 ccx... R.I.P.

Fonz

Smash Ace
stop being so hard on C3, it's hard as *** for lan centers like that to stay in business

<3 ccx... R.I.P.
^truth.

You can take route 7 if the toll is such a burden. You guys are paying 10 dollars for like 12 hours of entertainment at a place of business. Get jobs if that very reasonable fee is a problem.

Rebel581

Smash Champion
^truth.

You can take route 7 if the toll is such a burden. You guys are paying 10 dollars for like 12 hours of entertainment at a place of business. Get jobs if that very reasonable fee is a problem.
It won't be much of a problem come summer. And thanks for telling me away around the toll for a guy who doesn't know the area at all.

Hey_Its_Nacker

Smash Lord
CCX was one of the greatest venues back before it closed in what 06 ? it had room.. comfy chairs and beanbags also you didnt have to take your car to the mcdonalds, tacobell, or pizzahut which was a 5-8 minute walk ... loved that place

Rebel581

Smash Champion
Honestly you'll probably pay more in gas by taking route 7 if there is any traffic, with the way prices are now :/
Is it that far out of the way? I'll suck it up and pay the stupid toll. The most it ever does really is makes me regret not having quarters.

Either way, time to stop spamming up the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom