• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

C R I N G E B O Y S 2 0 0 1

Geist

Smash Master
I think Brawl's value peaks when you're not a competitive gamer.
As a casual game, it's an instant classic, and you can't find a better one on a newgen console right now. I'd buy it, along with any remote you want to use. I prefer the gamecube remote, only because it feels more supportive.

You can find "gc controllers" for the wii. They're exact replicas, but they're white. You should be able to find them at a local gametraders, or you can find them online.
You can also find a used gc controller that's used, or nab one off of a friend who has a few extras.

WoodyDave

Smash Apprentice
I think Brawl's value peaks when you're not a competitive gamer.
As a casual game, it's an instant classic, and you can't find a better one on a newgen console right now. I'd buy it, along with any remote you want to use. I prefer the gamecube remote, only because it feels more supportive.

You can find "gc controllers" for the wii. They're exact replicas, but they're white. You should be able to find them at a local gametraders, or you can find them online.
You can also find a used gc controller that's used, or nab one off of a friend who has a few extras.
The GC controller you are referring to is called "The Pelican." It works, but it has a turbo button that you can sometimes hit by mistake. I use my nintendo brand over this one.

Hydra.

Smash Lord
NNID
Aqua.Sword
Deffinitly buy this game and if you do then FOR SURE buy a GAMECUBE controller, It beats out any other controller for this game ask anyone. I would buy a wii just for brawl, its my favorite game in the whole world. Who ever doesnt play is just ..... sad.

I have a nintendo GC controller and I only use mine because the grip is ripped off, I cant play with that thing on. 0.0

Pazx

hoo hah
NNID
Pazx13
look, I got brawl, this is about the controller. So it looks like I'm getting an official nintendo GC then. Yay, off ti buy one!

This better be good... and in no way will I get the pelican!

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I started off playing Brawl with a Classic Controller. But after attending my first tournament, there was the ubiquitous standard Gamecube controller, so I figured there might be something to that. I picked one up for about 20 bucks, and I would never go back to the Classic now. It just plain handles better. Just do it. You'll have no regrets.

EDIT: Oh, right. Yes, buy Brawl. Jeez.

Pazx

hoo hah
NNID
Pazx13
I started off playing Brawl with a Classic Controller. But after attending my first tournament, there was the ubiquitous standard Gamecube controller, so I figured there might be something to that. I picked one up for about 20 bucks, and I would never go back to the Classic now. It just plain handles better. Just do it. You'll have no regrets.

EDIT: Oh, right. Yes, buy Brawl. Jeez.
This was nearly an intelligent post, was it not for the last line, it would have stayed that way...

I Have brawl already!!
*sighs* at least you gave feedback on the remote...

Well yesterday I saw a couple of pelicans, and a cheap one that said 'Try the rubber grip! Touch me!' lol... epic failure...

Yah...

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
This was nearly an intelligent post, was it not for the last line, it would have stayed that way...

I Have brawl already!!
*sighs* at least you gave feedback on the remote...

Well yesterday I saw a couple of pelicans, and a cheap one that said 'Try the rubber grip! Touch me!' lol... epic failure...

Yah...
Sorry, I skim. My bad.

Your best bet is probably to get one online. I bought mine at a random gamestore that sells cheap used games and hardware.

Zaffy

Smash Apprentice
Buy a gamecube controller if you can get one cheap

Or another idea, borrow one of a friend (if they have any of course) and see how much difference it makes.

Mashour2

Smash Apprentice
Buy a gamecube controller if you played Melee. If you can't find any Nintendo ones, get a classic controller.

Neal

Smash Rookie
Buy a gamecube one, and make sure it is Nintendo. other gamecube controllers that are not nintendo are absolutely horrible in my opinion.

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
I learned the hardway the advantage in using the Cube Controller over the Wiimote. I was using the Wiimote because of my former fondness over it. But the Cube Controller is just so much better. Easier techniques, short-hopping, faster smashes, evertyhing. It's worth getting any cube controller over the Wiimote.

Cell51

Smash Rookie
I'd say it's definitely worth buying. I've had my share of devoting lots of hours into this game and it's really fun and entertaining. Also, if you get really good, you can win tournaments and win more $$$ and respect. lol

Pazx

hoo hah
NNID
Pazx13
I learned the hardway the advantage in using the Cube Controller over the Wiimote. I was using the Wiimote because of my former fondness over it. But the Cube Controller is just so much better. Easier techniques, short-hopping, faster smashes, evertyhing. It's worth getting any cube controller over the Wiimote.
And nunchuck...

lol, now mums complaining about the cords. Will try to get around that somehow...

I personally think having 8 batterys all having to be charged at once is a worse problem... *sigh*

I went and saw a pelican with the left control stick where the dpad was meant to be :p

~Twilighted

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
And nunchuck...

lol, now mums complaining about the cords. Will try to get around that somehow...

I personally think having 8 batterys all having to be charged at once is a worse problem... *sigh*

You could get a Wavebird if you didn't want to deal with the cords... but then again, there's the battery problem. Personally, I think I'd rather wrap up the cords than spend a fortune on batteries...

Pazx

hoo hah
NNID
Pazx13
Sorry for bumping up an old thread but I have one more (relevant) question: Can the CC (just as easily) pull off the AT's that the GCC does?

Thanks guys~

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Sorry for bumping up an old thread but I have one more (relevant) question: Can the CC (just as easily) pull off the AT's that the GCC does?

Thanks guys~
In my opinion... no. The buttons are so awkwardly placed. It is possible, but it just doesn't work for me. The Classic is based off of the SNES controller, and is meant for playing SNES (and the like) games. There have been some major controller overhauls since then.

Considering that Smash first came out on the 64, I would probably go with an upgraded version of that controller than the generation behind it.

By the way, do you have a GC controller yet? :bee:

daisho

Smash Lord
Did you find one anywhere?

They don't sell new GC controllers anywhere... i heard that you have to buy one from a site called Play Asia.

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-23-49-en-70-2ola.html

That is 36 dollars (including shipping).

That is one of the main reasons i won't but a wii... I would have to get a wii 250 brawl 50 GCC 35... its really adding up.

If you don't plan on going to tournaments and you don't play so competitively, you can stick with the wii mote and nunchuk (though GC would be preferable if money doesn't matter)

Pazx

hoo hah
NNID
Pazx13
Dai, are you sure $36 is with shipping?

Anyways, I never used a gamecube controller, and I played heaps of PS2 so I think that the CC will be better for me. Thanks for your help everyone!

*goes off to buy one*

Edit: I gots myself a classic, it was a choice between that or a Hori Classic Controller. Personally I wanted the GCC that Daisho posted, but that's $41 including shipping. Which I just realized I can afford > >

I'm terrible with the CC so far, but I can do so much more. I reckon it is essential for Link. Thanks for helping me out guys!

Top Bottom