• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social C. Falcon Social

D

Deleted member

Johnny, I heard you beat Javi in a MM at the hotel. Can you confirm / talk about your thoughts on it?

:phone:
i beat him 3-1 for 20 dollars, I honestly had way more trouble playing ColBol who beat me in pools, then in Losers.

with that being said, i got rocked this tourney and hax played amazing. I'm going to go study up on hax's vids when they all come out esp him vs axe. hate to say it but i probably won't travel again until i step my game up enough to see myself getting top 7

my money matches with hax/kage didn't go down, i wanted to stream it, hax wanted to focus on tournament, then post-tournament hax didn't even feel like playing

see ya

Scidadle

Smash Champion
ColBol is slept on cause he doesn't travel. He is one of the best foxes out there.

Hax I know you're capable of beating anyone out there. I think most people would agree. Just gotta get passed that little hump and you're in there

Divinokage

Smash Legend
i beat him 3-1 for 20 dollars, I honestly had way more trouble playing ColBol who beat me in pools, then in Losers.

with that being said, i got rocked this tourney and hax played amazing. I'm going to go study up on hax's vids when they all come out esp him vs axe. hate to say it but i probably won't travel again until i step my game up enough to see myself getting top 7

my money matches with hax/kage didn't go down, i wanted to stream it, hax wanted to focus on tournament, then post-tournament hax didn't even feel like playing

see ya
Ya I barely played myself and it was bothersome to look for people to play.. you had to search everywhere.

gravy

Smash Ace
I think it's amazing that it feels like we, meaning us falcons, could be in the grand finals of the next major. Hax literally only has the obstacle of Peepee, Mango, Hbox, and Armada to get through right now. And the falcon peach matchup is baller. I'm going to do my best to contribute to helping all of the falcons improve, and hopefully we can FINALLY get Falcon to the top.

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
I think it's amazing that it feels like we, meaning us falcons, could be in the grand finals of the next major. Hax literally only has the obstacle of Peepee, Mango, Hbox, and Armada to get through right now. And the falcon peach matchup is baller. I'm going to do my best to contribute to helping all of the falcons improve, and hopefully we can FINALLY get Falcon to the top.
Hax will win a national soon.

Windrose

Smash Lord
@rocky, sure? but my attendance isn't confirmed yet until i get my plane ticket purchased. the tournament was just announced haha.

==============

does anyone have the picture of hax doing the throat cutting thumb action thing from APEX 2013 in crews? preferably high resolution (not screen capture)

AlienAllen

Smash Ace
Which moves are good to use when approaching Sheik? I find that dash dancing and using retreating back airs work well for me, does anyone else have any ideas?

gravy

Smash Ace
In my experience, when you're playing against a shiek, you need to be very mindful of her percentage when deciding how to approach her. The goal at the early percentages is to safely get her out of crouch cancel percentage without getting cc grabbed or tilted. I like to try to cross her up with bair for some solid percentage, or you could always try to stomp/knee. I think you might be able to perfectly space a nair and not get shield grabbed, but you have to be careful. I don't think you can get any real followups until like 40%, because if you try you're just going to get cc grabbed. I could be wrong though.

Zhea

Smash Ace
Fade back nair, mixed with empty hops seemed to work well for me. It depends on the Shiek. If Shiek want's to camp the edge honestly out camping him is probably your best option(ala hax vs m2k) or atleast don't try and challenge Shiek on the edge. Otherwise this match up is a lot of dash dancing to grabs. If you are against a Shiek who really likes dash attack, CC grab it when you are at low percents to start tech chases and mix in fade back stomps when the Shiek is around mid percents. Really both characters destroy each other from a single hit.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
@rocky, sure? but my attendance isn't confirmed yet until i get my plane ticket purchased. the tournament was just announced haha.

==============

does anyone have the picture of hax doing the throat cutting thumb action thing from APEX 2013 in crews? preferably high resolution (not screen capture)
this doesn't really satisfy your request, but here's a video where you can see him doing it from the audience POV rather than the player cam POV

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dhTyl9Fopw#t=7s

It's me Q

Smash Apprentice
this doesn't really satisfy your request, but here's a video where you can see him doing it from the audience POV rather than the player cam POV

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dhTyl9Fopw#t=7s
haha so dramatic, who did he beat there?

Also nice job Hax. No expectations next time just play your best regardless of who your sitting next to! Claim your rightful place in the top 5. #nipplepower

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
Which moves are good to use when approaching Sheik? I find that dash dancing and using retreating back airs work well for me, does anyone else have any ideas?
If used sparingly, raptor boost is a good way to snipe Sheik when she's falling with an aerial.

One way to get in a Sheik player's head is to run up and do in place stomps (without fast falling). If she grabs you'll jump over and land the dair. Most likely she'll start trying to counter this by tilting, at which point you can just run up and crouch cancel her tilt into a free grab. Depending on the range that you CC the tilt from you may have to CC -> running JC grab.

Crouch canceling is really good against Sheik because it forces her to grab more and use spaced aerials and needles. But it does limit her a lot, which means you'll probably have an easier time getting reads on her.

Ziodyne

Smash Ace
haha so dramatic, who did he beat there?

Also nice job Hax. No expectations next time just play your best regardless of who your sitting next to! Claim your rightful place in the top 5. #nipplepower
leffen

10leffens

:phone:

Ziodyne

Smash Ace
I think it was on bifuteki's stream and I have yet to see TeamBifuteki upload it.

I certainly hope y'all who missed the stream get to see it. It was pretty dope =]

oksas

oak-sauce
hax seemed really proud and determined the entire tourney which was really inspiring. i'm sad s2j and gucci didn't get as far but owell. great performance hax. i managed to get a few friendlies in with you too so thanks for that

S l o X

Smash Champion
the hax apex experience converted me

the next time i take a game off you it will be with falcon / next time i win a NE tourney

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion

see ya
Colbol use to live with Gahtzu for a while so he has a ton of Falcon practice.

gravy

Smash Ace
I need to stop getting shield grabbed completely. I realize that often, it's going to be spacing that saves me, but when does grab and gentleman beat shield grab and fast OOS options like shine OOS? I know you can knee grab with a fresh knee, does that mean that nair gentleman only works when nair is fresh? And what about bair and uair? It seems like stomp can always get ****ed up OOS :/

iRobinhoood

Smash Lord
I've come to realize when to expect a shield so I space my attacks so that they hit their shield but would be out of shield grab range. I gentleman when I **** up my spacing lol

Zhea

Smash Ace
Grab beats gentlemen when you A) have a gap larger then 5 frames after shield stun where jab can't come out (Captain falcon's jab hits on frame 3-5 while most jc grabs hit on frame 7) or B) didn't space right. If the gentlemen isn't spaced right, and they shield DI correctly, they can just grab you afterwords.

Fresh late knee only gives you a 2+ frame advantage which technically means if you spaced poorly you can get shined for it, but gentlemen should beat everything except staying in shield (jabs hit on frame 2 or later so the fresh late knee should make gentlemen stuff anything).

Spacing is pretty much the end all be all of not getting shield grabbed. Either over shoot so you end up behind them or lad at full range in front of them. A properly spaced nair or uair should never be shield grabable. A properly spaced Fair leads to properly spaced Gentlemens. If you want to make stomp grab safe, stomp on the back of their shield. Falcons stomp hit box extends further behind his feat then in front.

That all being said, most people are not frame perfect and you should go with the gentlemen, wave dash back or a buffered roll when you think you spaced poorly. Can you get punished? Absolutely, you dun goofed. However gentlemen's tend to east it a bit. Also mixing in tomahawks makes people a lot more antsy about staying in shield and can lead to some free gentlemens.

Also does anyone know if their is a place on the boards that has falcon's hit stun data? His frame data is really lacking without it.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Because I use that frame trap as Ganon.. well sort of with down-B lol. Would side-B really work too? It seems like it could get grabbed or predicted a bit easier since the startup is longer... I think.. at least it feels that way.

Anand

Smash Journeyman
Falcon Kick goes through them if they hold shield and puts you far away, whereas Raptor Boost just hits their shield and leaves you open (although the spacing for Raptor Boost on shield is kind of unpredictable and you might get away with it). Just my two cents.

Top Bottom