• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social C. Falcon Social

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
so, falcon has this quirk with his side special that if you jump on a platform and side special, it cancels before doing the horizontal, leaving just a bit of fire before land cancelling. ive never seen anyone do this before so its new to me, does everyone already know about this quirk? i think its fun to do although obviously useless otherwise
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=wYlXIjMfWbE#t=142s
Known to everyone who's seen Perfect Control
So ... most people I'd guess haha

Wikipedia

Smash Lord
I think it's interesting that it seems consistent that top falcon mains do not have backup characters as much as other mains do. Scar, S2J, Darkrain, Silent and Hax all exclusively play falcon.

ShrieK1295

Smash Journeyman
plz dont touch me :(
I would love for someone to poke you in the stomach and for you to make a Pillsbury dough boy sound. People have epic personal space needs and anti-touching culture here in Germany.

I think it's interesting that it seems consistent that top falcon mains do not have backup characters as much as other mains do. Scar, S2J, Darkrain, Silent and Hax all exclusively play falcon.
I don't think people play Falcon unless they really, really like him, probably much more so than any other character.

It's me Q

Smash Apprentice
Falcon is a drug, an addictive one with no other rivals it feels, after playing him exclusively for a bit. Marth just dont feel the same :(

bertbusdriver

Smash Ace
I used to sometimes use ganon in tournament especailly if i was playing a falco that i thought didn't have the matchup experience. I don't even really use ganon for friendlies anymore though, so I'm just a falcon main.

I like playing mario. Just wish he had an aerial kill move. Doc doesn't quite fit me either.

D

Deleted member

i dont see the need to not go falcon, my falcon vs fox is the best in da world and every other major matchup is passable

last tourney i just played against the best pika not knowing wtf to do, treating pika like a crappy fox didn't work out at all

falco is BORING

Boat Mode

Smash Journeyman
Is there any utility for ledgehop ->instant walljump -> something on stages that aren't yoshis? It eats your dj but I wanna say it could be a useful edgeguarding mixup in situations where your opponent is trying to recover to a side platform.

KUSH.

Smash Apprentice
Walljump uair is pretty good if u get them with the right hitbox. It looks and feels ****ing cool too

:phone:

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
I don't think Uthrow is very good vs Pika but I'm not entirely sure

Randomly eating your double jump doing a risky edgeguard is something you should only do if you're like ... sure it'll kill them <_<

General Heinz

Smash Journeyman
yeah i guess once you main falcon cping another character just seems like a cop out.

you could **** them with falcon so why would you not want to?

ShrieK1295

Smash Journeyman
yeah i guess once you main falcon cping another character just seems like a cop out.

you could **** them with falcon so why would you not want to?
In some sense.. I feel like Falcon is basically the only true rapist in smash. If I beat someone with another character.. it's like meh.. that was ok. I used to main Luigi, and it takes like 30 ****ing hits to kill someone, so even if I win the stock without getting hit, I still don't feel like a rapist.

Ganon I guess can also be a rapist, especially because people feel terrible when they lose to him. But when I play Falcon and I DD --> Knee someone, I like to think that they are a deer and that I'm a hunter and then I just fvck1n http://tinyurl.com/bqgybcx flying knee them into the great beyond. Ganon's speed doesn't give me that hunterly feeling.

KUSH.

Smash Apprentice
Well said shriek never thought of it like being a hunter lmao gonna start thinkin like dat. Some birds and foxes are *****es tho

Wikipedia

Smash Lord
Same with ganon^ its deff a character pride thing imo

I think it's definitely a character pride thing but it seems to me that Falcon is the highest character on the tier list where most of the players that main him exclusively play him. Ganon is low enough that you have the 'low tier' mentality, the only reason why anyone plays low tier is for character pride or the challenge or something like that. Clearly not just to win.

I think it helps too, like S2J said, all of his matchups are surprisingly pretty even. He doesn't really hard counter anyone or is really hard countered by anyone (spacies come the closest though, obviously)

Top Bottom