• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social C. Falcon Social

crush

Smash Master
Full hop (you may wanna go a teeny bit backwards, like if she f-tilted the tip of your shield) -> wait until sllightly after the peak of youur jump -> falcon kick. As long as shes not at a really low percent its a good way to hit her away and escape .

:phone:

TaFoKiNtS

Smash Lord
I agree.

There isn't much you can do that is considered a guaranteed or safe option. You have to make reads on what sheik's strings are.

Yes, you do have the option of stomp OOS. Is it an option? Yes. Does it always work? No......
You can roll. Is it an option? Yes. Does it always work? no.....

S2J give the homies a cookie of advice.

Morin0

Smash Lord
n00b question from a n00b player:

Is moonwalking a legit strategy in Falcon's game? I've been trying to moonwalk but I can't moonwalk except for maybe 3 centimeters, lol. How in the world do people moonwalk large distances? <-- I guess that's part 2 of my question

Gahtzu

Smash Journeyman
n00b question from a n00b player:

Is moonwalking a legit strategy in Falcon's game? I've been trying to moonwalk but I can't moonwalk except for maybe 3 centimeters, lol. How in the world do people moonwalk large distances? <-- I guess that's part 2 of my question

The closer you do the half circle motion to the inside of the stick the further you'll go. Basically work on not having to rely on any of the ridges to form your half circle. Speed is obviously a factor too.

and moonwalking is legit, why wouldnt you utilize a movement mixup that your character excels in?

Hax

Smash Champion
didn't realize that lol, i thought it was a random pic from google images or something. that's sick Gahtzu, happy birthday!

falcon's birthday is definitely 420 though

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
The closer you do the half circle motion to the inside of the stick the further you'll go. Basically work on not having to rely on any of the ridges to form your half circle. Speed is obviously a factor too.

and moonwalking is legit, why wouldnt you utilize a movement mixup that your character excels in?
Speed is the only factor. Moving the stick closer to "the inside of the stick" is simply the least distant path from one side to the other so it should go quickest.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Moonwalking isn't a good movement mixup because it's so slow ... if you want to go anywhere with it you have to do a super obvious startup <_<

Gahtzu

Smash Journeyman
you can shroud it's startup by mixing up your dash dance lengths and just being slippery in general. you can even use the start of your sticky walk to stop yourself in place and react to whatever. If you moonwalk recklessly then expect to get punished just like any other move.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
I mean you can try to be tricky all you want but it's still slow as balls haha
Maybe jumping out of it during the startup would be a little confusing, but going for full on moonwalks is kinda dumb

LordYggdrasil

Smash Rookie
I disagree.
You can execute nice mix-ups with it.
Starting with it and doing a well spaced bair can be really surprising.
Of course you can use it like Nando for the techchase (i do it often), and it's surely the fastest option to grab the ledge.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
I disagree.
You can execute nice mix-ups with it.
Starting with it and doing a well spaced bair can be really surprising.
Of course you can use it like Nando for the techchase (i do it often), and it's surely the fastest option to grab the ledge.
If your opponent has the reflexes of a snail then sure :reverse:

Gahtzu

Smash Journeyman
I played with some locals and tried to implement moonwalking to get in some solid hits to prove wenbo wrong but I ended up only ever using it to edge guard or do wacky tech chases D:

Windrose

Smash Lord
If you think a falco is going to LHDL, moon walk off the stage and dj back on and knee him from behind.

it's so funny. cuz WHO WOULD MOON WALK THERE???? and then it works cuz the ****ing lasers go infront of you.

moon walking for edge guarding is pretty good you can use it to launch yourself for a bair or mix up with a double jump back towards the ledge and grab.

D

Deleted member

you have to be more creative and not think one-dimensionally

for example:

on FoD, you can moonwalk up-air someone on a slightly raised platform, edge-cancel that, up-air, then up-air again and the momentum lets u hit them twice

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
I played with some locals and tried to implement moonwalking to get in some solid hits to prove wenbo wrong but I ended up only ever using it to edge guard or do wacky tech chases D:
Ooh Moonwalk Tech chase, I want to pull something off like that.

legion598

Smash Ace
You gotta use moonwalks. like against marth and chars that have to catch u to hit u do moonwalks and charlesons all over the place, sometimes u can do silly moonwalk grabs and wave dash mix ups.

tarheeljks

Smash Lord
moonwalking is def useful for the toolbox. i just think the vast majority of us have more important things to work on than incorporating moonwalks optimally. i'm all about donig whacky things and keeping my opponent off balance, but i drop too much "simple stuff" to work on something that is pretty supplementary. guess i should only speak for myself though

Windrose

Smash Lord
the s2j ice climbers exercise is pretty fun.

i miss so many L-cancels vs 3 sets of ice climbers lol.

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration
What's a charleson?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0jAL0i4xXk

hey guys. my name is ian, or eikelmann. i'm a ganondorf main from florida working on picking up falcon as a legitimate secondary. i just recently got footage of my falcon for the first time, and i'd some sort of critique on the first (and i suppose even the second match).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cenTiNe6WuA&feature=relmfu

at the 6 minute match mark, i switch to ganondorf, so please ignore those matches unless you really feel like watching any further, lol

i'll have more falcon stuff up probably as well.

i look forward to all of you hopefully tearing my gameplay apart. marth is my biggest weakpoint for all of my characters.

legion598

Smash Ace
I think that the secret to good tech chasing is having a healthy mixture of reaction and prediction based tech chases. The more reaction tech chasing u can do the more consistent ur tech chases will become. However, most kills come from prediction chases, like stomping and kneeing a tech. U should build damage with reaction tech chase grabs and once the damage is high enough use all those regrabs to predict what tech they will do and kill them with a stomp, knee, or raptor boost. sometimes u can land kills off of reaction chases like Uthrow > Dtilt, or U throw> knee, or a drop zone.

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0jAL0i4xXk

hey guys. my name is ian, or eikelmann. i'm a ganondorf main from florida working on picking up falcon as a legitimate secondary. i just recently got footage of my falcon for the first time, and i'd some sort of critique on the first (and i suppose even the second match).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cenTiNe6WuA&feature=relmfu

at the 6 minute match mark, i switch to ganondorf, so please ignore those matches unless you really feel like watching any further, lol

i'll have more falcon stuff up probably as well.

i look forward to all of you hopefully tearing my gameplay apart. marth is my biggest weakpoint for all of my characters.
[glow]You should probably put the link in the Falcon critique thread. Also, I would take Sworddancer to FD. I'm not sure if its a bad marth stage or he just doesn't like it personally. I noticed that Dark Sonic doesn't like it either though so it might be a Marth thing.[/glow]

Top Bottom