• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social C. Falcon Social

Glöwworm

Smash Lord
But just saying "its the internet" doesn't give you the right to act like a douchebag. That argument is stupid because regardless of if you post it or say it in person. You're still the one saying it. : /
Yeah, I love that cop out lol.

TheZhuKeeper

Smash Champion
letters

But just saying "its the internet" doesn't give you the right to act like a douchebag. That argument is stupid because regardless of if you post it or say it in person. You're still the one saying it. : /
Cause

acting like a douche-bag is a right

given to a select few

eh?

Walt

Smash Ace
actually I qualified it right in the post with
or rather these are just words
if any words annoy you then haha sucks for you. I act like an a**hole when I want too because that's what I'm thinking of acting like and censoring myself for your feelings is ********.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
Wow, some of you guys are jerks. We're a shrinking community, and we dont need to turn on ourselves. All this hate is hate that could be directed to the Brawl players.

crush

Smash Master
"you have enemies? thats good, that means youve done something well that people are jelly of" - Albert Einstein/Umbreon

"no its just you being a douchebag on an internet forum" - niko

abu:sorry breh
shadwphonics: no im sick mom said i have to stay home and im like 12 anyway i have no way of acquiring large amounts of $$$ to put on the line while cage throws out fairs and bairs hoping i'll run into them.

D

Deleted member

thread title was a joke that i'm sure even kage appreciates

topic should go back to how im overweight, homosexual, and w/e else battlecow said

Nakamaru

Smash Master
Yeah, I love that cop out lol.
How is it a cop out? If i insult and harass you on boards what is the difference from me doing it in person?

Cause

acting like a douche-bag is a right

given to a select few

eh?
Sometimes it feels that way, but no. Was just bad choice of words.

if any words annoy you then haha sucks for you. I act like an a**hole when I want too because that's what I'm thinking of acting like and censoring myself for your feelings is ********.
They aren't just words. If i call you an a**hole it's isn't "just a word." The reason this community is becoming just a bunch of **** licking trolls is because of people that behave like you. Just saying and acting however they feel like because hey, screw what anyone else thinks. Anyone complains then they are just to sensitive.

But pay no head to what i say. I mean I am just using words after all. : |

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Nakamaru ****ing ******.

I'm sure Walt would be super cool with a big ***** coming up in his **** and putting his *** on blast in his face. I mean, it's just words, right?

Nah. My ***** is on his internet tough guy ****.

Oh. Thread topic. Falcon is hard to fight with my Marth. If I throw stuff I get *****, if I don't, I get *****. I don't understand.

:phone:

Glöwworm

Smash Lord
How is it a cop out? If i insult and harass you on boards what is the difference from me doing it in person?

Huh? I meant it's a cop out to be a douche bag on the internet and to simply write it off as "it's just the internet"

ryankam10

Smash Journeyman
I'm sure Walt would be super cool with a big ***** coming up in his **** and putting his *** on blast in his face. I mean, it's just words, right?

Lol who exactly is the ITG here?

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
Falcon is good to decent on all stages, it just depends on the MUs.

Falcon sucks vs fox on small stages. Go to dreamland or battlefield.

crush

Smash Master
Flopngo and flop2king and flopbox ftl

mers?????????????

dk64 fps mode ftw guise!

uhmm .. guise?

Everybodys russian everybodys russian everybodys russian everybodys russian everybodys russian

Walt

Smash Ace
They aren't just words. If i call you an a**hole it's isn't "just a word."
See here you are wrong.

But pay no head to what i say. I mean I am just using words after all.
And then here you are right.

Nakamaru ****ing ******.

Oh. Thread topic. Falcon is hard to fight with my Marth. If I throw stuff I get *****, if I don't, I get *****. I don't understand.

Hmm actually I'm completely cool with you saying that. Whatever man.

Play against Falcon in a very reactionary fashion, if you see him just DD camping then a WD forward while being ready to fsmash/utilt/side-b/jab if he does anything offensive on reaction to it. WD>dtilt is a good poke if he is just DDing on a small stage or if he is DDing too close--WD>fsmash also works and you trade speed of dtilt for anti-air, power, and most of all range that can catch the dash away. Dash>WD>fsmash is actually pretty good at getting falcon to cower to the edge for a second while giving you position advantage. Obviously it can be punished but used sparingly at certain spacings can make Falcon run away, at which point you use position to try and bait a roll/FJ/FJ>DJ/long jump nair or just put him in shield.

Also be very careful of jumping, I often just try to get marth to jump and go for a trade knee. Jump back fair will also beat just about anything but if mistimed you will probably get grabbed. WD back>utilt is also boss if he is being aggro.

Windrose

Smash Lord
Far be it from me to ask people for help though
there's a thread specifically on captain falcon stage discussion.

I'm about to finally clean that front page up and adjust for the new MBR rules.

Less for me to organize too! (now that brinstar, kj64, rainbow cruise are gone)

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Play against Falcon in a very reactionary fashion, if you see him just DD camping then a WD forward while being ready to fsmash/utilt/side-b/jab if he does anything offensive on reaction to it. WD>dtilt is a good poke if he is just DDing on a small stage or if he is DDing too close--WD>fsmash also works and you trade speed of dtilt for anti-air, power, and most of all range that can catch the dash away. Dash>WD>fsmash is actually pretty good at getting falcon to cower to the edge for a second while giving you position advantage. Obviously it can be punished but used sparingly at certain spacings can make Falcon run away, at which point you use position to try and bait a roll/FJ/FJ>DJ/long jump nair or just put him in shield.

Also be very careful of jumping, I often just try to get marth to jump and go for a trade knee. Jump back fair will also beat just about anything but if mistimed you will probably get grabbed. WD back>utilt is also boss if he is being aggro.
Thanks for this. I always feel jumpy when I see a Falcon just DDing around so I try to force him to commit to something by... committing to something. Baits like WD forward to disrupt his spacing and to force a reaction sounds really good.

I learned from somewhere, maybe here or in PP's thread that when grabbing, it's good to use up-throws on Falcon at low % too. Is that right?

Twinkles

Smash Lord
Falcon is good to decent on all stages, it just depends on the MUs.

Falcon sucks vs fox on small stages. Go to dreamland or battlefield.

Thanks mate.

Also, I think I've seen Fox's CP Falcon to FD. This seems strange to me cuz I though FD was a great Falcon stage. Anyone care to enlighten me bout that?

Walt

Smash Ace
Thanks for this. I always feel jumpy when I see a Falcon just DDing around so I try to force him to commit to something by... committing to something. Baits like WD forward to disrupt his spacing and to force a reaction sounds really good.

I learned from somewhere, maybe here or in PP's thread that when grabbing, it's good to use up-throws on Falcon at low % too. Is that right?

At low percent it's a mixup game. With uthrow you can do some tricky stuff. uthrow>utilt is a true combo at some percents and a double jump bait combo at others. but if you can catch the double jump(and anytime you can get falcon in the air and hit him with utilt is a good time) which obviously will be like a good 40% combo from there between utilt/uair into nair/fsmash to get them off stage. You can also uthrow then wait for them to tech for techchase regrabs or techchase fsmash for offstage. I trick thats good to toss in every once in a while is uthrow>jab>regrab. you jab them in mid air and it's so uncommon that falcons rarely will try to mash out nair/uair and you get a regrab. side-b would work but it hits more upwards so they have longer to react the to light hit>regrab. If you don't want to uthrow you can fthrow>regrab(works 2 or 3 times if they don't mash out gentlemen or buffer a roll) or fthrow>dtilt when near the edge to go for a gimp edgeguard. dthrow them off the edge whenever you can.

Nakamaru

Smash Master
Thanks mate.

Also, I think I've seen Fox's CP Falcon to FD. This seems strange to me cuz I though FD was a great Falcon stage. Anyone care to enlighten me bout that?
Fox and Falcon get a lot of free stuff on FD. The only problem is Fox gets more free stuff. He can chaingrab, and his juggles are so much harder to get out of because there are no platforms. Nair/Dash attack/up smash are hard to get around with no platforms. So don't risk trying to challenge them unless you know your attack will win. ex, your bair vs his nair, stomping upsmash, etc.

And because fox can be so slippery fox can easily turn the tables on you with a missed tech chase or flub'd combo. So you have to make your hits count. It does give you easier tech chasing and F.b can be really strong. And falcon can chaingrab fox too, but you have to play with their DI. Mix-up between up and down throw. DI in on down throw means free regrab. DI away on up is good setup to get them off stage with a well timed uair.

Overall you have to see how the first match goes. If you need space to run go to a larger stage like dreamland or pokemon (i like pokemon for falcon even against spacies). But if you can't land a hit because they are running around too much. Take them to a smaller stage like yoshi's to restrict movement.

Twinkles

Smash Lord
@Nakamaru

Ah, that makes a lot of sense. Thanks man :)

On the subject of pokemon, I wanna hear some people's thoughts on that stage. Do you like/dislike it for Falcon and why? Against which characters would you use pokemon as a CP? Also, any interesting tricks that Falcon can do on PS (considering the stage changes and all)?

Nakamaru

Smash Master
this is usually a trade
Yea, but you don't want to trade when fox is grounded and you're in the air. He can CC/spot tech/tech before you get out of hitstun.

Players i've encountered have become pretty good at CC > Tech (magus tech i guess?) so you'll lose out in the end if you trade. Wouldn't want to risk it unless i'm at low % and he is higher then 60ish.

Walt

Smash Ace
@Nakamaru

Ah, that makes a lot of sense. Thanks man :)

On the subject of pokemon, I wanna hear some people's thoughts on that stage. Do you like/dislike it for Falcon and why? Against which characters would you use pokemon as a CP? Also, any interesting tricks that Falcon can do on PS (considering the stage changes and all)?
Pokemon is one of my staple CPs. The sides are close enough that everyone you can do throw>knee on around 80% has a good chance to die. I like the plats, short enough you can uair the whole thing covering tech options, low enough you can stomp(and knee? not sure) from a shorthop below. Edges allow you to sorta ghetto reverse up-B. Fire transform is all about momentum, whoever has momentum seems to win on it. Water has some good escapes from things with the plats and windmill although if someone is camping on the left side the wooden rise thing makes falcon unable to approach. Grass is basically neutral. Rock sucks if falcon is on the left, is ok if he's on the right, and raptastic if you get a little momentum and pretty much get guaranteed combos.

D

Deleted member

i think rock is his best transformation on right side

fire is god awful but you can make things happen cuz of the tree

others/neutral are fine

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
Yea i CP foxes to stadium a decent amount.
Alot of the time i dont CP, i just go to whatever stage i feel like playing on. Very rarely do i make direct CPs.

Top Bottom