• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social C. Falcon Social

JPeGImage

Smash Ace
So I was at a tourney last sunday, and I guess shiek's upb pops earlier when her first jump causes her to touch the actual stage. . .
Is this common knowledge? I thought I knew a decent amount about the game, but I guess not. . . this caught be completely by surprise. . .
also, I figured it might be good to know for people who dont and who might run into this situation in tournament. . .
and so they dont get ledge-spiked and knocked out of tournament by this move like I did.

And, o yeah, Hey Johnny,
Did you happen to notice any glaring mistakes I made in our match, besides semipoor followups, last Sunday?
It's been like 4 days, so there's a decent chance you happened to forget about it. I forgot to ask you at the tournament.
Np if you cant remember.
Thanks

Hope to run into some of you guys at apex

&Low

Smash Rookie
I really wish L canceling with Z was natural for me. Maybe I'll force myself to do it.

X and R for wavedashing, L for L canceling, and shielding.

I don't get how you can wavedash in and out of shield without holding L to shield and using R to wavedash.

you just don't press L all the way to the click (whatever that's called) after you washdash, then just click it when you want to air dodge for the wd

not sure if that will make sense i'm lowkey lit

edit: after you wd you kind of press L in a lightshield fashion then press harder to do the actual wd

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
floaty matchups are about milking a ton of uairs for damage and worrying about killing later

S l o X

Smash Champion
if you d-throw fox / falco at like 0% and they tech in place right in front of you, can you knee techchase it or does the shine hit you?

i was getting mixed results yesterday, i'm guessing it's very reliant on spacing / which way they di the d-throw.

falcon vs falco is fun.

S l o X

Smash Champion
fox isn't that bad. you just gotta play their game and dd camp. it's like the opposite of how you have to play against falco until you get in / one person gets a hit.

bolt.

Smash Ace
Slox plays the falcon vs falco mu so well that its almost not fun for falco...

then I get a shine and its fun again. =)

Citizen Snips

Smash Journeyman
I love the Falco matchup because it's the only one I get Falcon Punches in.

Well, I mean... Fox too, but if they would stop recovering high with phantasm, we wouldn't have this issue, now would we?

Windrose

Smash Lord
slox, you're crazy. you have not faced falcos that play very defensively yet...it is THE frustrations.

EDIT:

plus, the reason a lot of falcos still lose to falcons is because they play with no brain. falco is such an automatic character all they try to do is focus on their tech skill. if you play a smart falco it's really hard to win.

D

Deleted member

S2J I wanna play you, in one match. I dont wanna waste your time with my scrubby ***
lets play as much as you'd like

==

its tough for me to find good times to falcon punch and when i do see them im a little bit too late, so i just knee instead

but i like doing jump in falcon punches in teams when everyone is ****** my partner

Citizen Snips

Smash Journeyman
its tough for me to find good times to falcon punch and when i do see them im a little bit too late, so i just knee instead

but i like doing jump in falcon punches in teams when everyone is ****** my partner
You gotta go for them more to see where they work. Live life on the edge! Be flashy as ****, because that's what Falcon is for. He's top of the flashy tier.

Nakamaru

Smash Master
lets play as much as you'd like

==

Just toss em out when you get that gut feeling that it'll hit. Thats what i do and 90% of the time i'm right.

The other 10% usually costs me the match.

Top Bottom