• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

bye, Dallas (close me)

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
...pay$ played for ok crew. i literally lol'd.
hopefully someday soon scud, southpaw, and i can play dallas again :D
i haven't been in a singles tournament in over a year :\ so yeah i need to do something about that.
dallas melee doing anything in january? if not you'll all have to come up to some of the monthlies i'm starting next year :o

*awaits crew battle video with popcorn for another lolworthy representation of oklahoma*

bluezaft

The True Zaft
Is it alright if I just upload two of the Peach ditto finals and then just write "etc, etc"?

MimicMew

Smash Apprentice
Thanks to everyone at the tournament for a great time. Hope to play you guys again.

bluezaft

The True Zaft
No sound and bad quality, but nevertheless...

Crew battle:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQ0reQFrxtU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1XoF6KMm7Q
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mVvRux-f7U

Teams Winners and Grand Finals:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiDPPRoONH8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrcbtGTz5f8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgXwIhN40wA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogvPgybLzYg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3gNxyx2B2A
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRbvjIq__go

I'll put up the hour of Peach dittos...I dunno. I just don't know.

dallas melee doing anything in january? if not you'll all have to come up to some of the monthlies i'm starting next year :o
Sweet

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
Full results?

Did Florida come to this? I thought I was reading somewhere that they were.

BTW EVERYONE FINAL SMASH 5 IS NOW TWO DAYS!

BRAWL SATURDAY/MELEE SUNDAY.

Thread is receiving MASSIVE updates.

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
It's tradition.

And besides, if KOS-MOS did win, then can you imagine the torrential downpour of spam and **** talk from Oklahoma? Drew already has enough work as it is, and I would be all, he didn't play everyone in Dallas, and you guys would be like "w/e Chris is the best thing since sliced bread," and I would have to call out certain players for gratuitous nut hugging.

Think of the mods.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Also I had an Isai-like comeback against Zinth and Gravity on Poke Floats, taking their last 5 stock when I only had 2 (the first of which was at 100%+ when my teammate died). Sadly this wasn't on the TV that was recording. Just felt like sharing :)
I'm still trying to figure out how that happened, lol. Either way, nice job pulling that off. DON'T MOD ME BRO.

I want to see the full results.

Good tournament.

Le_THieN

Smash Lord
It's tradition.

And besides, if KOS-MOS did win, then can you imagine the torrential downpour of spam and **** talk from Oklahoma? Drew already has enough work as it is, and I would be all, he didn't play everyone in Dallas, and you guys would be like "w/e Chris is the best thing since sliced bread," and I would have to call out certain players for gratuitous nut hugging.

Think of the mods.
LOL.

Um...okay?

It's my understanding that everyone generally likes everyone else, and speaking as a fellow Texan, if you can't handle a little fun-poking heat in the midst of an out-of-stater legitimately taking home the gold, you may want to seriously consider opting out of competitive gaming.

That aside, <3 Dallas. =)

G@BE

Smash Lord
Thank you Drew for having us this weekend :D

So i found out that i HATE Kongo Jungle... drew makes me cry :(

Jesi

Smash Ace
I'll have you know I only like Chris for his personality, I think he sucks at smash. lol

<3 j/k ;)

You guys are fun, I had a GREAT time at the tournament, encore! encore! :D

This is Jesi btw, it was great meeting all of you!

See you guys around! ^_^

Jesi

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
how about i do the captures? that way you won't have to sit through peach dittos again

Velox

Smash Ace
Wow, this was a really good, well run tourney, inspite of me not getting into the teams bracket (jk jk).

Kal: Wow, you're a cool dude, and really good; I look forward to our next encounter. Close close games against Gabe, I wish you guys would have been further away in the bracket.

Gabe: Wow, you were like a machine there; I'm going to start playing more like you I think, your consistency and spacing is just too good. Too bad you got Peached (KOS and DoH), but I still have faith..

DoH: Good win, way to represent Texas.

Bluezaft: I didn't know you were that good, those matches against KOSMOS were really good, I like your Marth.

Jesi: Heh, come to think of it, that match against ur Falco would probably be the best practice I could get, which is ironic seeing we had so much time to play before the tourney. Way to represent.. girls.. lol But yeah, I had fun playing.

TigerBlade: omg *skips a beat*

Dr Drew: Sooo.. you play radically different than anyone I've played before. Next time you come down to Houston if you would be so kind, I'm looking forward to a 3/5 mm, I can't go down like that. But seriously, it's like everything I predicted, you weren't there (it it wasn't simple stuff either, it's a whole style difference), really good stuff though, even though I still have a sour taste in my mouth.

oh, and I was gunna say, that California rule was awesome in hindsight, we need to standardize that I think. Though Kongo Jungle is certainly not "neutral" and all the arguments on neutral stages are subjective and qualitative, but none more so than that one IMO..

Omega_Star

Smash Lord

Think of the mods.
Actually I really don't think that would have happened. Oklahoma isn't really a post-victory ****-talk state as it is (at least as far as the Melee scene is concerned), and if KOS-MOS won it really wouldn't have been that big of a deal as it were. Also, I think that by this point all of us are pretty down to earth with the fact that yeah, KOS-MOS is a good player, but no, he's not invincible, so none of us are really nut-huggers. So yeah, I really couldn't see that happening at all in this situation, especially in a torrential downpour (since the OK melee scene numbers only about eight right now, only two members of which might be candidates for ****-talking) or anything that would give Drew work (we'd only be posting in this thread which serves the purpose of the discussion of this tournament, and Pay$ would be the only one whose posts would be spam-worthy, but he posts only sporadically).

I think you all are just paranoid :p

I hope to see more of these tournaments, though; this one made me ready for more. Shout-outs to come when I feel like it.

Dr Drew the Dragon

BRoomer
BRoomer
Save your shout-outs for the results thread that I'll yell at Kirbykid to make.

Also D'oH might have thought it out that much but I think of it as a much simpler case of me not wanting to play a Peach, Bluezaft not wanting to play a Peach, and all of us being good enough friends that we'd be willing to split 1st and 3rd place winning between each other (though I took $3 less because no one had change lol). For some crazy reason D'oH likes Peach dittos so we just kinda let him go at it.

Plus he's like... never won a Dallas tournament before with either myself of Bluezaft attending lol... Might as well let him have his chance for the spotlight :).

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Oh ok, will do then.

I actually think that it can be fun to play Peach, lol, especially when it's a good Peach like KOS-MOS or D'oH. It's so intense.

Is this the general Melee thread for Dallas?

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
Plus he's like... never won a Dallas tournament before with either myself of Bluezaft attending lol... Might as well let him have his chance for the spotlight :).
Wrong.

One time, Wobbles came back and I beat him in the finals.

I did have to come back from losers and beat bluezaft in losers finals though.

It was awesome because Rob didn't know what brinstar did to ICs lolz

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
How about I can't win a tournament without using the Xelic strategy?

Are we not counting laggy MGCs? lololol

Jesi

Smash Ace
dude, being called the fonz is a compliment. That's it, if we team again, I'm Richie and you're the Fonz. yessss.....

kirbykid

BRoomer
BRoomer
1: DoH
2: KosMos
3: bluezaft
4: Dr.Drew
5: G@be
5: Zinth
7: Kal
7: poot
9: Sars
9: Rage
9: Gravity
9: Velox
13: PAY$
13: Jesi
13: MimicMew
13: TigerBlade
17: Jared
17: Tirno
17: BEAR
17: Giga
17: Forsaken
17: Denthorn

Dr Drew the Dragon

BRoomer
BRoomer
1: DoH
2: KosMos
3: bluezaft
4: Dr.Drew
5: G@be
5: Zinth
7: Kal
7: poot
9: Sars
9: Rage
9: Gravity
9: Velox
13: PAY$
13: Jesi
13: MimicMew
13: TigerBlade
17: Jared
17: Tirno
17: BEAR
17: Giga
17: Forsaken
17: Denthorn

Make a results topic. And post pictures of the brackets if you can.

Anonymous.

Smash Lord
Yo whats good guys? I'm gonna be coming over to Wichita Falls TX soon which is on the panhandle of TX, and I definitely wanna play some people in melee.

I obviously have no idea whos near me, so get at me lol

My aim is cashmooney69, my myspace is myspace.com/warhammer666477

bluezaft

The True Zaft
Yo whats good guys? I'm gonna be coming over to Wichita Falls TX soon which is on the panhandle of TX, and I definitely wanna play some people in melee.

I obviously have no idea whos near me, so get at me lol

My aim is cashmooney69, my myspace is myspace.com/warhammer666477
Wichita Falls looks about 2 hours away from Dallas. When/how long will you be there? There's a fair amount of smashers in the Plano/Garland/Richardson area just north of Dallas. Just say the word and we can convene.

But yeah, 2 hours is about what you'll have to drive to meet a smasher. On the plus side, all the Oklahoma smashers look about the same distance away.

Top Bottom