• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bye Brawl, Hi there Smash4. Regular Streaming?!? Cap is Better than Iron Man

Frozn~

Smash Apprentice
I'd love to be able to use Chrom in PM, but only as an Ike alt. Would I be able to only stick in the costume files, or did you edit bones and such?

drogoth232

Smash Lord
Here's the thing:

The model provided is relatively low poly and doesn't look that good

The model that I uploaded earlier as a collab with Kaze looks much better, but he has a giraffe neck and also has some shoddy rigging.

It's your choice on which to use. Either will work fine.

Selpar

Smash Cadet
I'm guessing that his final smash is still buggy... XD
Wonder why it slides you off the stage though.
It seems like a mix of great aether, and critical hit. Critical hit makes you travel in a straight line until you hit something, die, or come to an edge. Great aether has you throw your sword and gives you super armor so it can't be interrupted. This has you charge though your opponent in a super armored mad dash to your doom.

Thanks for the video it was pretty funny.

Last edited:

drogoth232

Smash Lord
Sorry for the ****ty quality and frame rate. Was downloading some files for my mom's work. I can usually upload stuff in 720p and at 60fps. But, oh well.

Yeah, I have absolutely no idea what's going on with the FS. But at least SOMETHING about it is working properly.

TopazPhoenix

Smash Apprentice
How is the FS supposed to work exactly? I presume Chrom is supposed to charge forward, hit the opponent, stop, do a super slash sword attack, then KO, right? If you're blending Marth and Ike's FSs together, Ike's FS tells Ike to move upwards and do the Great Aether, and Marth's tells Marth to move past a little more, then stop. The problem must be that Marth's slow down then stop isn't in there, so you'd either have to add a code setting the velocity to zero or just make sure Marth's slowdown is in there.

drogoth232

Smash Lord
How is the FS supposed to work exactly? I presume Chrom is supposed to charge forward, hit the opponent, stop, do a super slash sword attack, then KO, right? If you're blending Marth and Ike's FSs together, Ike's FS tells Ike to move upwards and do the Great Aether, and Marth's tells Marth to move past a little more, then stop. The problem must be that Marth's slow down then stop isn't in there, so you'd either have to add a code setting the velocity to zero or just make sure Marth's slowdown is in there.
Do you have any idea how their FS's actually work lol

Their FS's (and all FS's, I believe) use Float Points which tell the game how they work (literally everything about the FS except for damage, I believe). Things like how fast to move, how many frames, maximum damage, minimum damage, etc. Not all FS's have the same float points and not all have the same types (for example: Marth might have a minimum damage float point, but Ike won't, and so on and so forth).

It's a completely custom FS, meaning that it uses none of the properties that the original final smash (so in this case, Ike) uses.

Chrom doesn't use any momentum codes to move forward; he uses transN to move forward. So there's no reason why he should keep sliding.

That being said, I'm still working on it.

Selpar

Smash Cadet
Do you have any idea how their FS's actually work lol

Their FS's (and all FS's, I believe) use Float Points which tell the game how they work (literally everything about the FS except for damage, I believe). Things like how fast to move, how many frames, maximum damage, minimum damage, etc. Not all FS's have the same float points and not all have the same types (for example: Marth might have a minimum damage float point, but Ike won't, and so on and so forth).

It's a completely custom FS, meaning that it uses none of the properties that the original final smash (so in this case, Ike) uses.

Chrom doesn't use any momentum codes to move forward; he uses transN to move forward. So there's no reason why he should keep sliding.

That being said, I'm still working on it.
Why does Chrom's sword spin around in the center of the screen when he respawns? Does he always do that when he spawns back in or only after a final smash? If it is the final smash that causes it could be from when Ike throws his sword for Great Aether which would indicate that you might have bits of Ike's old final smash interfering with how the new custom one is supposed to work.

drogoth232

Smash Lord
IDEK how, but I fixed it lol.
Well, almost. The last part isn't working as intended.
Then, I need to make the hitboxes paralyze the opponent so the combo can actually hit.

Why does Chrom's sword spin around in the center of the screen when he respawns? Does he always do that when he spawns back in or only after a final smash? If it is the final smash that causes it could be from when Ike throws his sword for Great Aether which would indicate that you might have bits of Ike's old final smash interfering with how the new custom one is supposed to work.
That's one of his wait animations lol.

EDIT: Fixed almost everything (aside from the hitboxes).

Last edited:

drogoth232

Smash Lord
I'm assuming because no one is complaining about him, that chrom is relatively balanced?

Aaaaaand, I still have one single problem with the fs. As soon as I fix it, I'll be uploading him to brawl vault if there aren't any other problems. Turns out that his hit boxes for the fs link up quite nicely, without having to use the paralyze flag.

I might change the aerial fs, though.

drogoth232

Smash Lord
Since there hasn't been any feedback, I took Chrom to my university and played a few games in P:M.

So here's the final verdict for P:M (unless I get a **** ton of feedback in a day)

1. He either needs a tipper mechanic or overall increase kb on a few of his attacks (he has no reliable kill moves) (Done)
2. Side Special needs to be sped up. A lot. (Done)
3. Aerial Side Special and Grounded Side Special can't and shouldn't be able to translate into each other unless it's the start up animation (Done)
4. Make a new aerial FS (the animation is done, I just need to put it in and copy over the coding).
5. Trim file size (in progress).

drogoth232

Smash Lord
So another changelog for you all.

= Faster fall speed (PM only)
= Slower run speed (just a bit slower) if not, I'll keep it as is. (DONE)
= Add more kb to the rest of his sword, along with having a tipper. (DONE for some moves)
= Make Dair be a meteor smash if tipped (DONE)
= Remove camera angles in FS
= FS coding needs to be updated (doesn't seem like he transitions to the right subaction for the end)
= Remove heal in FS
= Air FS coding needs to be done. Again, no camera angles on it.
= Ground and Air Side Special needs more speed, distance, and hitbox needs to be paralyze (DONE although paralyze effect doesn't work for some reason)
= Remove heal on Side Special (DONE)
= Attack11, 12, and 13 timer needs to be placed a bit earlier.
= Neutral Special needs to KB out and up instead of up. Full charge should shield break instantly (DONE although there is a single hitbox that kbs upward)
= Neutral Special at full charge should NOT do any self damage (DONE)

Cahalan

Smash Ace
So another changelog for you all.

= Faster fall speed (PM only)
= Slower run speed (just a bit slower) if not, I'll keep it as is. (DONE)
= Add more kb to the rest of his sword, along with having a tipper. (DONE for some moves)
= Make Dair be a meteor smash if tipped (DONE)
= Remove camera angles in FS
= FS coding needs to be updated (doesn't seem like he transitions to the right subaction for the end)
= Remove heal in FS
= Ground and Air Side Special needs more speed, distance, and hitbox needs to be paralyze (DONE although paralyze effect doesn't work for some reason)
= Remove heal on Side Special (DONE)
= Neutral Special needs to KB out and up instead of up. Full charge should shield break instantly (DONE although there is a single hitbox that kbs upward)
= Neutral Special at full charge should NOT do any self damage (DONE)
I'm excited when this get released along with the Smash 3C costumes. This should be a noteworthy foil to the Lucina PSA (which may or may not need balancing depending on who you talk to.)

drogoth232

Smash Lord
Also forgot to mention that I'm also working towards getting the Chrom model from Wii U on Ike.

drogoth232

Smash Lord
Alright, Updated To-Do List.

= Leave heal in FS
= Ground and Air Side Special hitbox needs to be paralyze. Successive Aerial Side Specials should decrease the distance that Chrom goes.

After this is more balancing and then he'll be released.

drogoth232

Smash Lord
Most of the balance changes are for P:M in mind, but it can easily work in Brawl too.

drogoth232

Smash Lord
Pretty sure Chrom is at the point where he can be released.

Need to fix his FS and he'll be good to go.

drogoth232

Smash Lord
Final smash fixing is all that needs to be done.

Working on making a video to preview him

HypnotizeOverdrive

Smash Ace
NNID
HypnoOverdrive
Final smash fixing is all that needs to be done.

Working on making a video to preview him
Keep doing what you're doing, dude. It looks like your work doesn't get too much love, which sucks, but your work is a lot better than most.

That Chrom PSA is gonna be great.

drogoth232

Smash Lord
Alright so a quick update.

I might change the Final Smash. You can probably guess what it'd be lol
Balancing of other moves is pretty much done imo.
Going to make a few fixes to the SmashU model and then rig it. Hopefully he won't break the game.

I'll also be working on Lucina or at least rebalancing/revamping her.

I'm also going to be helping out on another PSA. You'll all know what it is when it comes out lol.

DISCLAIMER ABOUT OOT GANONDORF: I'm teaching one of my friends how to port PSAs. He'll code the rest of the moveset when he learns how to do that lol.

drogoth232

Smash Lord
Did someone ask for more Chrom Final Smash **** ups?

No?

Too bad

Last edited:

drogoth232

Smash Lord
For the ground version, I'm pretty sure I know what's up.

For the aerial version, I have no ****ing idea.

drogoth232

Smash Lord
On a separate note...

I'll be streaming tomorrow. Unfortunately, I won't be streaming anything related to Chrom (I'll be streaming a bit of an intro to Maylay guide for one of my friends). I'm not the greatest, but I know enough to help him get started.

If you guys want, I could put up a link to my stream.

Usually, if I stream (which is almost never) it's animation and coding. Occasionally I'll edit UV's or maybe rig something up.

drogoth232

Smash Lord
I lied. I'll be streaming some rigging, animating, and coding along with melee/pm.

Hoping to get the stream up at 1 pm est

New stream time is at 2 or 3

Last edited:
Top Bottom