• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Burnaby B.C Local Tournament [Feb.17th]

robyextreme

Smash Ace
This is a local tournament to decide the power rankings for all people living in B.C. This is only in two days so I apoligize putting this so late I was only asked to host about two days ago.

If you want to be on the B.C Power rankings or change your rank THIS is the tournament that will decide that.
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=89677

Address:
6845 McKay Ave in Burnaby!
Mapquest: http://tinyurl.com/yq9xy3
Googlemaps: http://tinyurl.com/3xlkza
This is two blocks down from Metrotown mall for those using the skytrain you can just walk it only 10 minutes. It's on the street corner of Imperial Str and McKay Ave.

Time: 11:00AM to 8:00PM

Entry: $10 single
$5 Team

Rules: SAME RULES AS ALL B.C TOURNAMENTS
Code:
 Stock : 4 stock
Time limit: 8 minutes (10 for semi-finals and finals; Higher stock/percent wins, if exact draw, then match restarts with each player having one life and lasts until one wins.)
(Round Robin for seeding into double elimination brackets.)
Rounds: Best 2/3 matches, in the Semi Finals (losers and winners) we go to best out of 5. Finals are best out of 5 match.
Stages: 1st stage random, following by Advanced Slob Picks -- Loser may choose the next stage or elect to go random, then winner may choose to change characters, then loser may change characters
*Dave's Stupid Rule: No stage may be used twice in a single match, either by random select or by picking.
Random stages: Pokemon Stadium, Battlefield, Final Destination, Fountain of Dreams, Yoshi's Story, Kirby64.
Banned stages: Hyrule Temple, Venom, Fourside, Mini Hyrule,Yoshi's Island 64, Brinstar Depths, Onett, Flatzone, Icicle Mt, Big Blue. All other stages allowed.
Entrance Fee: TBA
Pot: [U]60/30/10[/U] Rounded up or down in the fairest possible rounding to make it easy to split.
Items: Off

Additional rules:
Double Blind pick may be called at any time
Banned stages can be picked if both players agree

Teams: Double Elimination

Stock : 4 stock
Time limit: 8 minutes (10 for semi-finals and finals.)
(Round Robin for seeding into double elimination brackets.)
Rounds: Best 2/3 matches, in the Finals (losers and winners) we go to best out of 5.
Stages: 1st stage random, following by Advanced Slob Picks
Random stages: Pokemon Stadium, Battlefield, Final Destination, Yoshi's Story, Kirby 64 -Dreamland.
Banned stages: Hyrule Temple, Venom, Fourside, Mini Hyrule, Yoshi's Island 64, Brinstar Depths, Onett, Flatzone, Icicle Mt, Big Blue. All other stages allowed.
Entrance Fee: TBA
Pot: 60/30/10 or 70/30 Rounded up or down in the fairest possible rounding to make it easy to split.
Items: Off
Ties broken by lives/percentages, if exact tie, super sudden death
Team Attack ON
Life Stealing Allowed

List: I'm not sure how much can make it on such short notice but I hope at least 20 come. Post here and say if you're coming or not so I can put you on list.
(* = Confirmed)
1) Roby*
2) Adam*
3) Evan*
4) Gamepro*
5) Robbie*
6) Camerican*
7) Eric*
8) Popsicler*
9) UltimaSmash
10) Keith*
11) Matt*
12) Nathan*
13) Kaleb
14) John*
15) JAPMAN*
16) Hillary*
17) Manuel*
18) Ryan*
19) Tiep*
20) John*
21) Jeff
22)
23)
24)
25)

Supply list:
7 T'V's so far.

1. Adam = 1 T.V
2. Evan = 1 T.V
3. Me = 3 T.V's
4. Robbie = 1 GC
5. Camerican = 1 GC
6. Popsicler = 2 T.V's/1 video camera
7. Keith = 1 GC

FREE PIZZA AND DRINKS FOR EVERYONE

Gamepro

Smash Apprentice
First!

But yeah I'm pretty much confirmed if I can find it. I know how to get to Metrotown mall, it's just a matter of finding it from there -.-

Gamepro

Smash Apprentice
Oh yeah, is anyone else coming by skytrain? Metrotown is scary at night >_>

robyextreme

Smash Ace
Hm well heres a google maps version of it.

http://tinyurl.com/3xlkza

You can walk to Centeral Blvd and Willingdon there one of the main streets and then take a left on imperial until you reach McKay? Just walk south from metrotown you're bound to hit imperial eventually it's a big street.

Camerican

Smash Apprentice
im confirmed. and i can bring a Gc, if needed ^^ and gamepro your going with me silly :p

Gamepro

Smash Apprentice
Camerican, you're not big enough! We need a group! We're going to get mugged! Ahhhhhhh!!

Popsicler

Smash Cadet
K.. and I'm still a lil bit nervous, I've never met strangers over the interwebs before.
and you should be...the majority of us are all creepy 40yr old boy hungry mincing predators...or i have a very broad imagination and you have nothing to worry about...except...stay away from adam...he bites

UltimaSmash

Smash Cadet
I'm afraid I might get knocked out and wake up with my kidneys and liver missing in some dark alley in another country far far away.

Popsicler

Smash Cadet
maybe not your kidney or liver...but i could use a large intestine...i mean...what,your crazy man...crazy like a mango

Popsicler

Smash Cadet
robbie cant save you from adam!!! hes really tall!!! AND THE BEST GANON IN CANADA!!!!!...did i mention hes bald?

Hitsugaya

Smash Ace
Im making it. BTW I agree with Ryan... Top 5 players should team with someone they dont normally team with. It will give some other people what it feels like to take top 3 or so.

Camerican

Smash Apprentice
Hey man, youll be lucky to be alive at all... i brang my freind timmy to one, and he looked at a guy wrong AND BAM!!! never saw him again... i mean .... yes cmon my freind really does need a large intestine... :) *EVil clown laugh* btw if anyone is afraid of clown laughs this tourny is not for you...

Ps: if you guys really are doing this top 5 with people above 10... i call one of them!! DIBS ON CURRENT PR1 ^^

I'm seriously concerned about my personal well-being...

Gamepro

Smash Apprentice
Is this top 5 PR's going with worse people they usually don't go with for teams a serious consideration? Or something you guys are just talking about for fun but it won't actually happen? Because I really think it would be fun to do it, at least once, and since this is just a small local tourney....

Popsicler

Smash Cadet
yeah ryan you know it!...team...ummm...well we'll figure that out later...WOO
gamepro..are you scott...that crazy break the targets guy?
and ryan...is it safe to have sharp things around you?

Gamepro

Smash Apprentice
Indeed! I added you BTW just in case you're wondering why some strange guy sent you an invite.

Gamepro

Smash Apprentice
Oh lol I was talking about MSN. But yes I'll add you for Halo 2 as well, I need more people to play with, I hate getting teamed up with suicide idiots.

Popsicler

Smash Cadet
does the sun rise in the east and set in the west?...are there 365 days in a year?...is smash the greatest game ever?...am i tall and white?...do i really like "..."!?!?!!?
yes ryan...its you and me till the end

Top Bottom