• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Burnaby B.C Local Tournament [Feb.17th]

robyextreme

Smash Ace
Heh, thanks for hosting the tourny Robbie, i didnt get to say it cause you rushed us outa your house soo fast... and yaaaa.. i feel that this tournies experiance, has made me alot better, except i think tiep went easy on me o_0, but ya :p anyways good gays everyone gratz to scott on 9th if he really got it, and gratz to Ryan for his amazing one eyes coughing/siick performance
Yeah sorry about that wasn't very polite but.. I just had to leave as well soon and I couldn't with everyone being at my house. :dizzy:

Also I don't know who clogged up my toilet o_o but it's no problem. And thanks shawn (LysanderBlack) for not claiming the money in our MM that was really cool wasn't exactly my best I was using 50% doc 25% shiek and a little fox and pichu only but still didn't have much success. :laugh:

firexemblemxpryde

Smash Lord
Results from what I can remember!
1st - Poop head Ryab (CrackHead/CowEar)
2nd - John (Hitsugaya)
3rd - Eric (Blunted_Object10)
4th - Manuel (firexemblemxpryde)
5th - Adam (xXx_NoobKing_xXx)
7th - Tiep (Patooty)
7th - Chris
9th - Frank ($pite)
9th - Scott (Gamepro)
13th - Robbie (Genesis) [this one might be wrong]

The rest I cannot remember.
I don't think robbie got 13th, he lost his first two rounds. also, i'm pretty sure Evan is in there somewhere. I know that James won a match too.

But the first 9 look alright.

Eggz, I took out tiep from winners'.
Adam, me and you are on a quest to prove ourselves.
Mission: Complete!

firexemblemxpryde

Smash Lord
Lol, screw off, he played well against me. I hear he 4stocked you in a match too.

And as I remember it, you must have had a bad day as well. Losing to myself like that twice ;)

Patooty

Smash Ace
Yeah... afterwards I was talking to Ryan about how early I lost and what he said was so true it hit me like a sack o bricks. And I didn't even realize it either. He said I wasn't taking things seriously. So next time you'll see more of a Samus main again. Regardless of how I played though, no johnz and etcetera, but you did play well :)

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
Yeah... afterwards I was talking to Ryan about how early I lost and what he said was so true it hit me like a sack o bricks. And I didn't even realize it either. He said I wasn't taking things seriously. So next time you'll see more of a Samus main again. Regardless of how I played though, no johnz and etcetera, but you did play well :)
I wasn't going to say it Tiep; but I had the same thing happening to me when I was playing manuel and pretty much everyone else I played in the tournament besides you. I was really determined to beat you in a tournament set because the last few times we've gone up against eachother, you've come out on top. Then when I played Manuel I was kinda doing the same thing as you. Manuel the next time we play I will not hold back anything and actually chose my counterpicks effectively. No johns though manuel you played REALLY well I was watching you play against Eric as well.

Tiep I'm assuming you're INCLUDING me in the whole "not taking things seriously" and I accept that. I need to keep training but I lack the neccessary time to do so :laugh: . Looking forward to Gameclucks in March I hope some of us can take some money spots there :)

firexemblemxpryde

Smash Lord
hehe Genesis, if you'll notice, my post was an imitation of Adam's, simply substituting words.

For sure, Adam, I look forward to it. Maybe if tiep doesn't **** me too early on, I'll get to play you. And i plan on going to GC.

Eggz

Smash Hero
Yeah. I don't see how clowning on Adam until he does something about it can even be thought of as a good idea. He's like 12 feet tall and has fire breath. He can also shoot lasers out of his ***.

dieslow

Smash Ace
aw man, looks like i checked this part of the forum out a day too late. i would have went to this tourney if i saw it sooner =\. im new to the community btw, so wassap. (from surrey)

Camerican

Smash Apprentice
AH HAH!!! I THOUGHT SO YOU !~!!!!~!~!~ you didnt try !!! i want my 2 dollars back!!! money match rule #1 you had to try! , but its 2 dollarss lol so i dont really care, but i do want another set of 5 with ya!!

I wasn't going to say it Tiep; but I had the same thing happening to me when I was playing manuel and pretty much everyone else I played in the tournament besides you. I was really determined to beat you in a tournament set because the last few times we've gone up against eachother, you've come out on top. Then when I played Manuel I was kinda doing the same thing as you. Manuel the next time we play I will not hold back anything and actually chose my counterpicks effectively. No johns though manuel you played REALLY well I was watching you play against Eric as well.

Tiep I'm assuming you're INCLUDING me in the whole "not taking things seriously" and I accept that. I need to keep training but I lack the neccessary time to do so :laugh: . Looking forward to Gameclucks in March I hope some of us can take some money spots there :)

dieslow

Smash Ace
was it worth the time? good players, fun, etc? how'd u do?

(i've never been to a smash tourney, but i've been wanting to play good people for so long -_-)

zPhoenixExz

Smash Cadet
err....Shoutout (even though I couldn't really get much of any tourney matches):

Ryan: great job...I swear Tiep has some magic training routine for you or something :laugh:
John: I am the original peach of BC!!!!!!!!!! Ohh, and good job, hopefully you find some way to deal with Ryan's fox eventually.
Eric: Flaco is teh hax....
Adam: err....too fancy....too fancy
Manuel: just wait till next time
Tiep: I didn't managed to see any of your matches, but still pretty high placement so good job (we'll get Manuel next time)

All other: I didn't know this many people play smash in BC, and I had only Victa(if you know who he is) to play with for a freakin year!

P.S. Someone teach me teching skills....having just mind games isn't good enough anymore when I get pwnzor comboed every time I can't tech a spike or miss a roll and getting D-air bounced on the ground and shiet....

P.S.S. Burnaby or nearby ppl we need to practice and beat Richmond out!

firexemblemxpryde

Smash Lord
P.S.S I live in burnaby. Let us smash. You drive.

Wait til next time? There won't be a next time.. unless you show up again =)

Welcome to the boards, dieslow. My name is manLi, and I play marth. Don't be hating. I hope you'll find that our smash community is friendly and rather competitive, some people are just too good. I look forward to meeting you in person at a smashfest, or a tournament. Whereabouts do you live?

=) byebye everyone!

UltimaSmash

Smash Cadet
His name was Matt I think. Anyways with all of us living in Burnaby we really should get together! It's a Pro-D day this Friday.... I dunno if it's district-wide but yeah, see if we can get together.

dieslow

Smash Ace
hey fire emblem, ty ty. i play fox/falco, and come from Surrey BC. just wondering if anyone wants to play smash this friday/saturday? ur welcome to my house if i feel i can trust u, or i can come to urs if urs ^^.i live in Surrey BC, and 17 years old, friendly guy ^^. im very competetive, and love money matches!

lol, this sounds like a smash bros dating ad.

Gamepro

Smash Apprentice
Ive put some thought into this, but how are we going to have tournaments when brawl comes out?Im wondering cause of the whole online gameplay thing...
Knowing Nintendo, the online is going to be a half-***** effort filled with crap like friend codes which nobody likes. And since the default way the Wii connects to the internet is Wi-Fi, I imagine there's going to be a lot of cheating and lagging crap taking advantage of it. Even if the online does turn out half way decent, serious tournaments for money run by regular smashers are going to be held in person still, just like every other game out there, even the ones with a good online set up like Halo 2.

Hillary

Smash Apprentice
Yah...my name is kind of misleading. Btw, my real name's Mat. It makes me sad seeing these posts about smash bros brawl because by the time it comes out, I probably still won't have a wii :'(

Hillary

Smash Apprentice
Yah...my name is kind of misleading. Btw, my real name's Mat. It makes me sad seeing these posts about smash bros brawl because by the time it comes out, I probably still won't have a wii :'(

dieslow

Smash Ace
look at u hustlers =(. i already know im going to lose, i just want to bet money so i can make sure nobody's sandbagging + i want to get better. 1 money match is all i need, and i rather fight u blunt than a peach ^^

Popsicler

Smash Cadet
hey roby...if you still have that memory card that was left at your house...hang on to it and give it to me next time you see me...got home and saw that i had only one when i went to your place with two

robyextreme

Smash Ace
What if dieslow is some super hardcore smasher from another country sent here to MM and take all our money?

@_@

hey roby...if you still have that memory card that was left at your house...hang on to it and give it to me next time you see me...got home and saw that i had only one when i went to your place with two
Yeah I still have it. :)

firexemblemxpryde

Smash Lord
NO HE ATE IT I SAW HIM HE WAS CHEWING IT ZOMG YOUR MEMORY CARD IS GONE IT'S IN HIS STOMACH OH NOES HE'S GONNA GET THE SAME STOMACH HURTING HTING YOU HAVE AND THIS SWF FONT IS SO DANG ANNOYING AND GRAY OH GOSH YOU'RE GONNA HAVE A SEIZRUE WITH ALL DIZ SPELLING MISTAYKZ JUST LEAVE NOW AND GO TO SLEPE K THX BYE

You're going to want to stay away from anyone in richmond. People here in burnaby suck, come play us! =) main character?

dieslow

Smash Ace
i main falco but also play fox/marth. let it be known, i have 0 experience against people that actually know how to play. but i can say that im naturally good at games and just need the practise with good people to get better ~~.

i'm more interested in friendlies atm than MM's, though.

Top Bottom