• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Burnaby B.C Local Tournament [Feb.17th]

Patooty

Smash Ace
Just thought I'd do some predictions for fun :)

These aren't tourney placing predictions, just what I think the PR would be.

5. Nick (if he shows)
6. Manuel
7. Troy (if he shows)
8. Spite
9. Herschel (if we're gonna keep him on)
10. James

Camerican

Smash Apprentice
hey tiep, wanta do team samus, if they really are doing this whole top 5 pr team with new other people? if not il understand me samus is poop compared to yours O_0

5. Nick (if he shows)
6. Manuel
7. Troy (if he shows)
8. Spite
10. James

$PITE

Smash Journeyman
Please do singles after doubles, I might be late (dental appointment in Langley at 9AM), and I would not want to miss it.

Oh, and if I am teaming, I think I should team with Tiep. He values my G&W somewhat :p or Troy, we could rep UBC.

Popsicler

Smash Cadet

5. Nick (if he shows)
6. Manuel
7. Troy (if he shows)
8. Spite
10. James
woah man...im in there...ryan...this means we have to take doubles for sure so i dont let tiep down!!!...and our team name shall be...Cow Pop...has a ring to it.

robyextreme

Smash Ace
Just making sure does EVERYONE know how to get here? I posted a link to mapquest and googlemaps in the first post.

And yeah it be cool if everyone can try to bring a gamecube and a copy of smash just incase someone doesn't show or something we don't want a T.V to be a sitting duck.

is the tourney gonna be punctual? like will it start RIGHT AT 11?
No just when a good amount of people show up and everyone thinks they're ready.

Also it looks like some people haven't bothered posting here to confirm themselves but are coming anyway so now I'm not to sure how much there will be, but hopefully 20-25.

Metà

Smash Master
Daaaaammit. I'm going to be there by noon (just to drop off my crew members), but then I have to be at Vancouver by 1:30 for a clarinet lesson, so I won't be there till about 3. Please do doubles first, I'm begging you. I really don't want to miss singles again. e_e I am too busy all the time, it's hard to stay competitive in smash. Also, I guarantee I will be on the PR. Anyone who disagrees can MM me, even though it won't change my ranking. MM's for everyone.

robyextreme

Smash Ace
Daaaaammit. I'm going to be there by noon (just to drop off my crew members), but then I have to be at Vancouver by 1:30 for a clarinet lesson, so I won't be there till about 3. Please do doubles first, I'm begging you. I really don't want to miss singles again. e_e I am too busy all the time, it's hard to stay competitive in smash. Also, I guarantee I will be on the PR. Anyone who disagrees can MM me, even though it won't change my ranking. MM's for everyone.
Hmm you and spite both want doubles first then okay thats fine, thing is some people leave at 5:00 and unless singles finishes 3:00 to 5:00 then I don't know.

Eveorne please come as soon as you can. @_@

mac103

Smash Rookie
ryan...i just wanted to know before hand...what kind of popsicles do you like?!?!...its only polite to provide a popsicle for teams!!!(this is james...accidently on brothers account)(ps...he says hi)(pps...hes gay....)(ppps...yeah...im done)

Shermanator

Smash Rookie
3rd was actually Adam and Kurtis. Eric and I got 4th.

Thanks a lot to everyone who helped put it together. In a month or two we'll try and get all you vancouver guys out to a Victoria tourny. See how you play without the homefield advantage.

firexemblemxpryde

Smash Lord
Whoa, maybe no one is home. Anyways, results, as I remember, are as follows.

1st - Ryan [cowear]
2nd - John [hitsugaya]
3rd - Eric [bluntedobject10]

Good job to you guys. =) the full results will be up soon. I believe I took 4th.

SHOUTOUZ ZOMG:

ROBY - Thanks for hosting man. Your tournament was a success, I had a lot of fun. Lots of tension, good food and drinks etc. Thank your folks for me. =)

$PITE - Good games today, man. You played well consistently. Your matches with robbie were a lot of fun to watch. Good mm, too. let's team up sometime =)

GAMEPRO - We did way too well in teams. Fate has once again drawn us closer. Sorry to take you out of singles, but you did well regardless. We allmost had them. Them being pretty much everyone.

ADAM - What a gay fox is. You scared me more than anyone else. After i beat eric, I was sooo scared to play you, it was like GOD MAKE IT STOP. Good games all round. You DID get better, like, much. Keep it up!

ERIC - Aha, the scariness of marth. Finally I pose a challenge to you, after all these months of getting my bum repeatedly handed back to me. Our matches were intense. I still don't know why I had to play you again, though. ie, I won a set, too. But you still advanced? Anyways. Your falco is sexual and my fox need never touch it again. =) good games!

RYAN - The sole member of Richmond crew that I just can't touch. You were sick and you still did so well. Your fox scares my marth, and i rely on my random fox kills to beat you. Which i fail at anyways. You seriously are getting too good, we might ban you.

TIEP - You should have won. Were it not for that one combo on dreamland, you would have. Your peach is realllllly good. Thanks for the good matches and good times.

JOHN - Why'd you have to beat me, eh? Not very nice at ALL. I think that if I hadn't lost to you, then i wouldn't have had to play eric in that second set, and I would have taken 3rd. I can't beat you. Even though you are peach. Great games. You intimidate me. I think you should have gone marth against me though, or better yet, pichu. Gosh. I hope I made you proud.

ROBBIE - You did a good job against spite, today. You showed that you can do well in teams, too. A good performance, just as I expected.

BC CHRIS - You are really really good. Better than a handful of people on PR. You deserve higher, and you proved that today. Fox dittos with you were fun. It seems like Richmond wasn't enough to take non-richmond in doubles, though. Haha, that was a fun set. =)

JAMES - Yay you came! I didnt play you a single match, but you did decently in tournament. Thanks for the uber awesome hug.

VICTORIA SMASHERS - Thanks for being so polite and good guests. I played a few friendlies with some of you. Thanks for making the effort to come all the way here to play smash. I hope you enjoyed it, and I'd certainly be willing to head over there for a tourny in the future.

ULTIMASMASH - Nice to meet you, and congrats on sticking around for so long. Your falco is good. Just work on some of your tech skill, meaning lcancel, sh, etc. It's really good with falco. Good doubles matches.

EVAN - You got better. Keep it up. Don't try to waveshine luigi, though, it's not going to work out in your favor. Adam's jiggs has more experience, don't let it get you down. And I was on "do anything necessary to win" mode against Adam, and not so much when playing you. Awesome to see you stepping it up, though.

KEITH - YOU CALLED ME AT THE WORST POSSIBLE TIMES ZOMG IN A MM, IN A TOURNY MATCH, in the washroom. GOSH. Good friendlies at the end of tournament.

Thanks to everyone who encouraged me towards the end of the tournament. Thanks for everyone for giving me such great matches. I'm sorry if I've left out any names. Had a blast.

ManLi is stepping it up...

Eggz

Smash Hero
Shoutsouts:

Ryan: Congrats on first man. Your way too goods. I hope I can play you at GC. >=]

Adam: I expected you to place above Eric. Not impressed. >=[

Eric: Congrats on third man. Your way too goods. I hope I can play you at GC. >=]

John: Use more of the down manuever.

Tiep: How'd you do in tournament?

UltimaSmash

Smash Cadet
Thx alot robyextreme for hosting dude!! It was great to meet everyone, and prove my speculation of you guys being a group of conspiring pedophiles wrong. Great fun, can't wait til the next fest.

Patooty

Smash Ace
Garbz performance today eggzyz. :(

Edit: Also whoever clogged up Roby's toilet, next time have the decency to tell him. Better yet, DONT clog it!
shoutouts later maybz

Thanks for hosting Roby.

Hitsugaya

Smash Ace
Results from what I can remember!
1st - Poop head Ryab (CrackHead/CowEar)
2nd - John (Hitsugaya)
3rd - Eric (Blunted_Object10)
4th - Manuel (firexemblemxpryde)
5th - Adam (xXx_NoobKing_xXx)
7th - Tiep (Patooty)
7th - Chris
9th - Frank ($pite)
9th - Scott (Gamepro)
13th - Robbie (Genesis) [this one might be wrong]

The rest I cannot remember.

Camerican

Smash Apprentice
Heh, thanks for hosting the tourny Robbie, i didnt get to say it cause you rushed us outa your house soo fast... and yaaaa.. i feel that this tournies experiance, has made me alot better, except i think tiep went easy on me o_0, but ya :p anyways good gays everyone gratz to scott on 9th if he really got it, and gratz to Ryan for his amazing one eyes coughing/siick performance

Top Bottom