• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Burn With Passion!! -- Incineroar General Discussion (Formerly the Support Thread)

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I'm personally skeptical of the rumors going about because of the absurd amount of newcomers left to be revealed. We already had five unique newcomers revealed over the span of seven months, and if the new "leak" is to be taken into consideration, we're expected to have rapid fire reveals of five more of them? And in a direct that will have to cover everything else that has yet to be revealed (i.e. Spirits mode, the other single-player modes, trophies, etc.) while also covering each of these characters' playstyles and movesets in detail? All of which who will have their own unique trailer?

I also can't ignore the stuff seemingly leading up to the possibility that there are only two newcomers remaining on the base roster. There's not just the fact that the preorder box can apparently add only two new characters on its sides, there's also this official Japanese preorder card.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

These two blank spaces on the card, which shows the whole playable cast of Ultimate, suggest that there are only two playable characters remaining that are left to be revealed. If there are any more characters, it completely throws the design of this card out of balance.

I'm still confident in Incineroar's chances.

VexTheHex

Smash Ace
One thing that still bothers me is how poorly the leaker covered the name. Why would someone who is going to make this big leak poorly hide their name that it was found out pretty much immediately? It'd be career and financial suicide.

Supalji

Smash Rookie
Congrats on 1k posts guys! Can't wait to see what they do with incineroar in smash.

Supalji

Smash Rookie
Not only that but also look at papagenos banner leak video where another leaker said all those characters plus incineroar & I trust papagenos source!

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
Incineroar should be on the banner, so its a photoshop fake and if anybody is going to be the "leak bait" its totally going to be Ken and whom therefore would be a false character on the fake banner and you can believe that. Believe in Incineroar, everything will be just too sweet when he joins the smash club.

Cetus

Smash Apprentice
Lmfao, my anxiety's through the roof. I'd rather the reveal be done with just so this whole thing can get sorted out XD.

KingTorra

Smash Cadet
Don't know why, but the more I think of the leak, the less convinced I am.

I think if the leak really is real, we're going to get something from Nintendo in a weak at most. Usually companies seem to want to get on it when something big is leaked. So if that time lapses, I think either it's for sure fake or at least not the whole thing

Last edited:

Dibble

Smash Cadet

Found this comic on 4chan. Regardless of whether or not the leak is fake/true, I just really like the idea of this storyline and thought you guys might like it.

Dejime

Smash Apprentice
It's curious, in the Tug O' War between the leak and the insiders Incineroar is the critical point that could break this stalemate.

Personally, my most desired outcome would be the Grinch leak AND Incineroar. (Marx and no Steve in sight would be best timeline for me)

Still I believe the leak is fake. We just have to wait and see but this situation is agonising.

chaosmasterro

Smash Apprentice
NNID
chaosmasterro
Not seeing a pokemon rep is literally the one thing that makes me think this whole leak is fake. No Gen 7 rep and or a hinted new Gen 8 rep? However, the game adds pokeball reps from Gen 7?

Dejime

Smash Apprentice
Solgaleo, Lunala, Mimikyu, Alolan Exegutor, I think Togedemaru and Pyukumuku too...

KingTorra

Smash Cadet
It's curious, in the Tug O' War between the leak and the insiders Incineroar is the critical point that could break this stalemate.

Personally, my most desired outcome would be the Grinch leak AND Incineroar. (Marx and no Steve in sight would be best timeline for me)

Still I believe the leak is fake. We just have to wait and see but this situation is agonising.
That would be the ideal timeline. And I would happily take all those characters along stub Incineroar

Pakky

Smash Hero
I believe papagenos papagenos

And our boy is in.

Though I don't think the rest of this is fake, there's too much to consider.

Last edited:

VexTheHex

Smash Ace
Kind of burnt out on the "you can't disprove the Grinch leaks so it must be real" outlook as of late. There's been holes punched into it in spots that could be the little evidence this guy couldn't cover up well enough. Instead of being open minded that these can be false leads to it being fake or truth and this isn't the case... the hivemind seems to be going towards a Big Foot mentality of it'd take time and effort to fake it which people wouldn't do and it can't be shut down instantly so it must be true. Bleh.

isaacfoot.jpg
isaacfootbanjo.jpg

Looks like Big Foot is getting in on the leaks now. Picture is blurry cause raisins and the black lines around Isaac are cause of changes cause things change. Edit, Banjo fit Big Foot too well. Ended up with another one after getting inspired by a Banjo fan throwing in a bunch of Incineroar and Steve getting destroyed artworks.

Last edited:

TeamFlareZakk

Not seeing a pokemon rep is literally the one thing that makes me think this whole leak is fake. No Gen 7 rep and or a hinted new Gen 8 rep? However, the game adds pokeball reps from Gen 7?
Exactly, like its freaken Pokemon.. Just like how Geno is most likely in due to him being a hybrid of a Mario/Square rep, Pokemon would most certainly be getting a new characters as well so I believe Incineroar confirms this leak as a fake.

mjmannella

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
6515-6020-5729
So what does this thread think of the Grinch leak?
Up until yesterday, I was on team real. After having seen Artsy Onmi's video(s) talking about the leak, I felt like there were enough discrepancies to make me lean towards it being fake.

Sure, there's the whole backstory thing with the company, but that's only gonna hold water if we know for a fact that the image itself is legitimate.

KingZing

Smash Journeyman
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/77131579

Ol' Veggieburger has spoken, and remains adamant on his position.

Rejoice, boys.
Wow Vergeben sounds so full of himself. Unlike papageno's, who is trying to find out what it's happening and sort everything out, if Incineroar is leak-bait or DLC or whatever, he doesn't even doubt what he's heard or even admit the possibility that what he said could be wrong.

However! While he has indeed been right in his text predictions, well, they say a picture is worth 1000 words, so...

I'm on the fence with it.

You know the old saying: if something is too good to be true, it probably is.
Hmm everyone thought Bowser Jr.'s gameplay was also too good to be true. And yet with footage the ESRB leak was still being criticised. How much proof is enough for people to be convinced in this case? A 4K image of the banner alongside HD gameplay of all shown newcomers as proof??

Oh and don't take this against Incineroar, I am almost certain we are getting a Gen 7 Pokemon sooner or later, but as DLC. Sun and Moon were late to Ultimate's development, it only makes sense they held him off for post-release.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Saw the mural leak.

Still believe Incineroar is in hope the mural might be real though.

TeamFlareZakk

Wow Vergeben sounds so full of himself. Unlike papageno's, who is trying to find out what it's happening and sort everything out, if Incineroar is leak-bait or DLC or whatever, he doesn't even doubt what he's heard or even admit the possibility that what he said could be wrong.

However! While he has indeed been right in his text predictions, well, they say a picture is worth 1000 words, so...

Hmm everyone thought Bowser Jr.'s gameplay was also too good to be true. And yet with footage the ESRB leak was still being criticised. How much proof is enough for people to be convinced in this case? A 4K image of the banner alongside HD gameplay of all shown newcomers as proof??

Oh and don't take this against Incineroar, I am almost certain we are getting a Gen 7 Pokemon sooner or later, but as DLC. Sun and Moon were late to Ultimate's development, it only makes sense they held him off for post-release.
Ken is probably the leak bait, not Incineroar.. Think about it, Incineroar is the Pokemon who's Ken? Ken is such a nothing and probably isnt even in at all because he was the leak bait the entire time.

lightdrago

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW 2938 1058 0987
Ken is probably the leak bait, not Incineroar.. Think about it, Incineroar is the Pokemon who's Ken? Ken is such a nothing and probably isnt even in at all because he was the leak bait the entire time.
I doubt Ken’s not in at this point. Even if the Grinch leak is false, there is the leak that shows him taunting with the other charaxters like Pichu. That one has even fewer inconsistencies than the Grinch leak, if any at all.

And he isn’t nothing. Ken is the original clone, not to mention very important to the Street Fighter series second to Ryu. I love Incineroar, but let’s not insult other characters.

TeamFlareZakk

I doubt Ken’s not in at this point. Even if the Grinch leak is false, there is the leak that shows him taunting with the other charaxters like Pichu. That one has even fewer inconsistencies than the Grinch leak, if any at all.

And he isn’t nothing. Ken is the original clone, not to mention very important to the Street Fighter series second to Ryu. I love Incineroar, but let’s not insult other characters.
Nobody cares about Ken, that "grinch leak" is a fake because Incineroar and Medusa should be on that banner, only then would it be credible.. Only ones on that banner that are believable are Isaac and Geno, the rest are bogus.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Enough with the Medusa pandering.
A leak isn't fake just because she's not on it.

Understand that she isn't as much as a guarantee as you think she is.
Now stop starting arguments in my thread.

Last edited by a moderator:

lightdrago

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW 2938 1058 0987
Nobody cares about Ken, that "grinch leak" is a fake because Incineroar and Medusa should be on that banner, only then would it be credible.. Only ones on that banner that are believable are Isaac and Geno, the rest are bogus.
You don’t care about Ken, nor do I.

That doesn't mean there aren’t people who care for the character. Even if Incineroar was on that banner, it’d be questionable due to its inconsistencies. We may be a fan of the heel, but we don’t have to be ones ourselves. Refrain from insulting other characters. We know all too well the feeling of that.

TeamFlareZakk

Enough with the Medusa pandering.
A leak isn't fake just because she's not on it.

Understand that she isn't as much as a guarantee as you think she is.
Now stop starting arguments in my thread.
Enough with Ken too, check the name of this thread.. Its all about Incineroar!

StormC

Smash Hero
You are going to be in for a bad time when Medusa isn’t playable.

I personally hope Grinch is real and Incineroar is (ideally free) DLC. Best case scenario, if overly optimistic.

TeamFlareZakk

There is a very good chance we get both Ken and Incineroar. Ken is the original echo fighter, a gaming all-star.
If Ken wants to get beat up all the time like a jobber, because Im totally teaming with Incineroar and burying him.. Because it would be best for buisiness.. Ken has two options, dont be in the game at all or be a jobber and get Incneroar's hands

StormC

Smash Hero
If Ken wants to get beat up all the time like a jobber, because Im totally teaming with Incineroar and burying him.. Because it would be best for buisiness.. Ken has two options, dont be in the game at all or be a jobber and get Incneroar's hands
Ken is probably the most inoffensive addition possible, especially as an echo. I can’t imagine getting this stirred up about him.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Ken did not steal your character of choice's spot. Medusa's dimensions are way too different to become an echo fighter (look at Isabelle). Ken is a gaming all-star. He might actually be the most iconic and well known of all the possible echoes we could get/have gotten aside from Daisy. The whole category of clones in fighting games was started with Ken.

Top Bottom