• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Burn With Passion!! -- Incineroar General Discussion (Formerly the Support Thread)

JustCallMeJon

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3067-7373-5050
Switch FC
SW 4274 8573 0226
Gonna reply here because there is big news for you Incineroar fans!

BREAKING NEWS! NEW CORO CORO INFO!
Coro Coro recently changed the 108 stages to 103!

So it is a typo!

Predictions:
Likely that no new franchises will be added to Smash.

Raises Incineroar's chances!

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
There isn't really any weird rivalry between starter fans. Decidueye fans aren't anti-Incineroar or anything generally, all the obnoxious pissing contest is contained within Smash speculation. (Understandably, but I rly wish we could just get along.)

EDIT: That's not good news! I want a Sun/Moon stage!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

There isn't really any weird rivalry between starter fans. Decidueye fans aren't anti-Incineroar or anything generally, all the obnoxious pissing contest is contained within Smash speculation. (Understandably, but I rly wish we could just get along.)

Eh, on 4chan, starter wars between all three were present. And not in a Smash context.

Gonna reply here because there is big news for you Incineroar fans!

BREAKING NEWS! NEW CORO CORO INFO!
Coro Coro recently changed the 108 stages to 103!

So it is a typo!

Predictions:
Likely that no new franchises will be added to Smash.

Raises Incineroar's chances!
I honestly don't see this either helping or hurting us to be honest.
But interesting that they went back on the 108 thing.

D

Deleted member

So 103 cool fine with that.

Decidueye is an owl their really mysterious and cool birds. Which is fitting cause Decidueye has a mysterious, dapper vibe to it.

Has a cool Robin Hood like apperance.

Can use arrows and ghostly like attacks.

Plus the hood over it's face.

So it Definetly has support or had it.

Great Pokemon no doubt.

But Incineroar deserves in, should have seen it.

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
I'd actually say it hurts Incineroar's chances, because Pokemon tends to get a new stage with its new rep, but Incineroar is probably still among the likeliest of candidates. At number #2, while Ken is basically already in.

kirbsmash

Smash Champion
So did Mario with the stages. Heck, I didn't really think it's final with the stages. (Hopeful)
This goes for any Pokemon who may be an fighter in this game. Plus, they could use the boxing stage for the trailer?

Last edited:

KingTorra

Smash Cadet
What do you guys think would be cool alternate costumes/colors for Incineroar?

D

Deleted member

Some of it's shiny appearances.

Different appearances

We will see.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Yeah if there's a white fur and black stripes alt I'm 100% going for that one. White tigers are cool.

TokuDoku

Smash Rookie
What do you guys think would be cool alternate costumes/colors for Incineroar?
Would be cool if he had colors that reference various NJPW wrestlers like Jushin Liger, Okada etc. And a Tiger Mask alt of course!

D

Deleted member

The white and red, white and blac ones would be cool.

Incineroar anything for it would be cool.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
When it comes to palette swaps, I tend to favor darker colors. As simple as it'd be, I think an inverse Incineroar alt would be pretty nice.

And seems that the image uploader is broken. Direct link.

Last edited:

UserKev

Smash Champion
I'll ask here because if I ask on the thread I'm supposed to ask, I'll mosk likely get jack for answer, what do people see in Decidueye as appealling? As much as I try, I just can't see anything interesting in it.
I just can't either. Its expressions in Pokken are hilarious and arrows hurt my vision by this point. Its like the only Pokémon I know that's been extremely forced and I can't stand its poses.

I'm just sick of it. ** Decidueye. Incineroar, where you at?!

MasteRMerF

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MasteRMerF
3DS FC
5000-2607-1297
Sorry if this has been talked before in depth, but how do you guys think they'd handle Incineroar's voice? Do you think he'd say his name or be more like Charizard and have more non-specific style roars/growls?

DerErlenkonig

Smash Cadet

I just can't either. Its expressions in Pokken are hilarious and arrows hurt my vision by this point. Its like the only Pokémon I know that's been extremely forced and I can't stand its poses.

Big Decidueye fan here. I can only speak for myself, but I strongly prefer Decidueye to Incineroar for two reasons:

A.) He's a nonhumanoid bird. For me, that would make him really stand out as a fighter. Plus, he's based on a really cool extinct Hawaiian owl. I don't know, I just really like how it looks. The logic of how he fires arrows is actually informed by design which to me is super cool.

B.) He's a Grass Starter. With Greninja and Charizard already in the game, a fully-evolved Grass Starter would fill out the triangle nicely. I'm aware Charizard got sucked back into Pokemon Trainer but he was still his own fighter for a game. Grass deserves at least one fully evolved rep. Fire is always favored by GameFreak (Blaziken being Ubers and getting a mega first, Charizard getting 2 megas, and now Incineroar being featured in the anime and getting the best HA), so I honestly think it's only fair.

I'm not here to mock or disparage Incineroar. I totally get why people like him (strong personality, wrestler persona, fantastic animations in SuMo). He's just... very much not for me and I just want Grass to not get snubbed like it always is. Just figured I'd communicate my own perspective for those confused by the Birdlovers.

Carry on fellow trainers!

Last edited:

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Oh no, I totally get Decidueye's appeal. It's my favourite starter honestly lool.

The prospect of Incineroar (or more specifically, a wrestler) in Smash just interests me a lot more. I love archers in fighting games, but I don't ever expect Smash to give me, say, something like P4A Yukari or MvC Hawkeye in Smash, I'd expect it to be a lot more standard than that. Incineroar, too, honestly, but I just need it to deliver on the aesthetic, not the moveset, and I already got my owl in Pokken which I love plenty.

I'd still be absolutely ecstatic if it got in, same for almost every Alola contender since I love most of them really, but with Mimikyu out Incineroar's the one that appeals to me the most.

Last edited:

KingTorra

Smash Cadet
I think that Alola had the best starter designs in years, and I genuinely love all of them. Incineroar is still my favorite though. I live in Hawaii so there lots of Owls and birds here, their kind of like the replacement for pests(Such as rats, maybe squirrels, other rodents, etc) over here, so maybe that's dampened my liking for them a bit... But it definitely makes sense why Decidueye is a starter and has the design it does. But wrestling is also a bit part of Hawaiian culture over here, and I can definitely say that Incineroar represents the "Aloha/Alola Spirit" as a whole better than the other two. But as I said, I love all 3!

Last edited:

UserKev

Smash Champion
Big Decidueye fan here. I can only speak for myself, but I strongly prefer Decidueye to Incineroar for two reasons:

A.) He's a nonhumanoid bird. For me, that would make him really stand out as a fighter. Plus, he's based on a really cool extinct Hawaiian owl. I don't know, I just really like how it looks. The logic of how he fires arrows is actually informed by design which to me is super cool.

B.) He's a Grass Starter. With Greninja and Charizard already in the game, a fully-evolved Grass Starter would fill out the triangle nicely. I'm aware Charizard got sucked back into Pokemon Trainer but he was still his own fighter for a game. Grass deserves at least one fully evolved rep. Fire is always favored by GameFreak (Blaziken being Ubers and getting a mega first, Charizard getting 2 megas, and now Incineroar being featured in the anime and getting the best HA), so I honestly think it's only fair.

I'm not here to mock or disparage Incineroar. I totally get why people like him (strong personality, wrestler persona, fantastic animations in SuMo). He's just... very much not for me and I just want Grass to not get snubbed like it always is. Just figured I'd communicate my own perspective for those confused by the Birdlovers.

I'm glad you didn't take offense. I feel like Decidueye could have looked more like a legitimate owl with the accurate eye size and expressions.

Decidueye's facial design could have actually looked badass and serious like a real owl. One of Decidueye's poses even has it smiling which completely takes away from its mystery.

D

Deleted member

But wrestling is also a bit part of Hawaiian culture over here, and I can definitely say that Incineroar represents the "Aloha/Alola Spirit" as a whole better than the other two.
Oh wow, I didn't realize that. That's pretty neat.

SmashNStache

Smash Cadet

Nothing wrong with supporting another Pokemon rep. Your reasons for preferring Decidueye are understandable, so I say keep on supporting him! Plus, it seems like there's not much civility when it comes to Incineroar, so the civil way you went about this is actually really appreciated.

DerErlenkonig

Smash Cadet
Nothing wrong with supporting another Pokemon rep. Your reasons for preferring Decidueye are understandable, so I say keep on supporting him! Plus, it seems like there's not much civility when it comes to Incineroar, so the civil way you went about this is actually really appreciated.
Thanks mate, figured I'd try to be curteous as a guest of the thread. It's too easy getting caught up in Newcomer Wars through this info drought.

In any event, I'd personally prefer Decidueye or even Lycanroc, but if the tiger gets in, I'll be happy for you guys.

Besides, my REAL passion is Doomguy.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Well I like incineroar and I feel people did jump the gun with decidueye since it’s not a completely popular Pokémon

And as for 108 thing to 103 again does it prove no more stages are coming

Incorrect the magazine doesn’t say grand total is 103 and this could be a accidental leak that there’s 5 more atleast.

And B not all newcomers need or get stages best example is :ultrob: as a matter of fact geno is a Mario character so techniquelly doesn’t need a stage

KingTorra

Smash Cadet
Does anybody have any idea how Incy would be posed in his render? Or even anything you think would be cool!

SmashNStache

Smash Cadet
I just can't wait until the whole Pokemon rep debate is settled and we see who it is soon. It's kind of a downer browsing other threads and seeing all the jabs at Incineroar.

I guess I should be thankful it's just jabs at the character and not taking potshots at us personally.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
In the midst of hate I just remind myself that almost everyone I know that doesn't really participate in speculation actually loves the big cat haha.

Particularly my brother, Inciny is his favourite Pokemon so I can't wait to see his reaction if everything pans out. It's his dream pick.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122

Then again, I am bigger fan of wrestling then archery so that's a plus for Incineroar for me.

Top Bottom