• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Burn With Passion!! -- Incineroar General Discussion (Formerly the Support Thread)

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
Ken is probably the most inoffensive addition possible, especially as an echo. I can’t imagine getting this stirred up about him.
Ken needs to get out of Incineroar's ring right now, Im sick of hearing about this piece of trash.. Hes not going to be in this game he was nothing but leak bait all along!

Ken did not steal your character of choice's spot. Medusa's dimensions are way too different to become an echo fighter (look at Isabelle). Ken is a gaming all-star. He might actually be the most iconic and well known of all the possible echoes we could get/have gotten aside from Daisy. The whole category of clones in fighting games was started with Ken.
I spit in Ken's face, he's nothing.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Ken needs to get out of Incineroar's ring right now, Im sick of hearing about this piece of trash.. Hes not going to be in this game he was nothing but leak bait all along!
Ma dude, ya need to calm down a bit aight. It isn’t really helping discussion a lot.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
There is literally a screenshot of Ken floating around that is probably legit.

Why do you hate Ken? What does Ken have to do with Incineroar's prospects? The same sources that have said Ken, also have said Incineroar.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Ken is probably the leak bait, not Incineroar.. Think about it, Incineroar is the Pokemon who's Ken? Ken is such a nothing and probably isnt even in at all because he was the leak bait the entire time.
I doubt Ken’s not in at this point. Even if the Grinch leak is false, there is the leak that shows him taunting with the other charaxters like Pichu. That one has even fewer inconsistencies than the Grinch leak, if any at all.

And he isn’t nothing. Ken is the original clone, not to mention very important to the Street Fighter series second to Ryu. I love Incineroar, but let’s not insult other characters.
Nobody cares about Ken, that "grinch leak" is a fake because Incineroar and Medusa should be on that banner, only then would it be credible.. Only ones on that banner that are believable are Isaac and Geno, the rest are bogus.
Enough with the Medusa pandering.
A leak isn't fake just because she's not on it.

Understand that she isn't as much as a guarantee as you think she is.
Now stop starting arguments in my thread.
You don’t care about Ken, nor do I.

That doesn't mean there aren’t people who care for the character. Even if Incineroar was on that banner, it’d be questionable due to its inconsistencies. We may be a fan of the heel, but we don’t have to be ones ourselves. Refrain from insulting other characters. We know all too well the feeling of that.
Enough with Ken too, check the name of this thread.. Its all about Incineroar!
You are going to be in for a bad time when Medusa isn’t playable.

I personally hope Grinch is real and Incineroar is (ideally free) DLC. Best case scenario, if overly optimistic.
You were literally the one that started ****ting on Ken here.
If anyone needs to "enough" it's you. On BOTH accounts.
Ken better not be in this game, or he will get Incineroar's hands!
There is a very good chance we get both Ken and Incineroar. Ken is the original echo fighter, a gaming all-star.
If Ken wants to get beat up all the time like a jobber, because Im totally teaming with Incineroar and burying him.. Because it would be best for buisiness.. Ken has two options, dont be in the game at all or be a jobber and get Incneroar's hands
Ken is probably the most inoffensive addition possible, especially as an echo. I can’t imagine getting this stirred up about him.
Ken did not steal your character of choice's spot. Medusa's dimensions are way too different to become an echo fighter (look at Isabelle). Ken is a gaming all-star. He might actually be the most iconic and well known of all the possible echoes we could get/have gotten aside from Daisy. The whole category of clones in fighting games was started with Ken.
Ma dude, ya need to calm down a bit aight. It isn’t really helping discussion a lot.

Why do you hate Ken? What does Ken have to do with Incineroar's prospects? The same sources that have said Ken, also have said Incineroar.
496184E2-10DA-48F3-A65A-7047C69C1912.jpeg

Can we please exit this downward spiral? I believe in the mural myself, but for crying out loud, this sort of unreasonable debate is too much. (At this rate, somebody is going on my ****-list...)

Last edited:

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!

I just never cared for the character at all.. I usually always beat Ken up with my Street Fighter main #KolinMain

Oh and just all the leaks about him of all characters, just annoy me and that screenshot is totally a fake.

Last edited:

Archimedes

The Rad Simisear
Switch FC
7772-6031-3529
Incineroar has so much personality and would be a really neat addition to the game. I do hope if a Gen 7 makes it in its him.

D

Deleted member

Yeah would be a great Pokemon to get in.

Really hoping it does.

Still believe Incineroar has a chance.

KingTorra

Smash Cadet
My hope in Incineroar hasn't dwindled! We're still gonna make it! Just stay strong and keep up the positive energy everyone

jweb23

Smash Journeyman
Hey everyone, I'm from the Isaac thread. I'm not sure how you all currently feel about the possible leak. I'm personally 50/50 on it, but as a fellow Pokemon fan I wanted to give you all hope in the off chance that the mural leak turns out to be real. It is possible for Incineroar to be DLC! Let me explain:

As a long time Pokemon and Smash fan since the first games in both franchises, Pokemon has a strange pattern when it comes to which ones are chosen to be playable...the ANIME!

Right now there is only one Pokemon character that ties more towards the game than the anime and that is Pokemon Trainer. However two of the main Pokemon with him were staples of the anime's main protagonist Ash being Squirtle and Charizard, Ivysaur was only picked over Bulbasaur because Sakurai wanted to feature the stages of evolution. Anyways all the others had prominent roles in the anime:

Pikachu - self explanatory
Jigglypuff - used for many comedic moments throughout the anime and is still used today.
Mewtwo - star Pokemon of the first movie
Pichu - star Pokemon of the Pikachu animated short that aired before the second movie. (released a full year before Melee released)
Lucario - star Pokemon of it's own movie, used heavily to promote gen 4
Greninja - personally given to Sakurai before it's game released, happened to be Ash's star Pokemon is Kalos and received its own new form.

Right now in the anime Ash currently has a Torracat which I'm sure you all know is the pre-evolution of Incineroar and it is widely speculated that it will be the star Pokemon on Ash's team. Now some people may be wondering why Incineroar would be DLC for Ultimate if Gen 8 will be dropping next year? Well although the hype will be around Gen 8, the anime will still be in generation 7 that entire year and there is always the possibility of Incineroar getting a new form similar to how Greninja got during the Kalos season. The most interesting thing about that possibility is that Greninja's new form was NOT available in the games until Generation 7's Sun and Moon! It is extremely possible that if Incineroar gets a new form then it would be used to hype up the Gen 8 games and with the new info on the Smash site we know for a fact that Greninja's final smash involves it using the Ash-Greninja form as it states on the Smash Blog post for Greninja.

With all that being said, if Incineroar is going to receive a new form similar to Greninja then I doubt GameFreak would want that to be spoiled before they announce it. So the possibility of Incineroar being DLC is extremely likely as a possible form can be used to hype up Gen 8 just like Ash-Greninja was used as hype for Gen 7.

Again I'm 50/50 on this mural leak but even if it turns out to be real I still believe Incineroar would have a strong legitimate chance at getting in for DLC.

mjmannella

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
6515-6020-5729
I appreciate the optimism, but most of Smash 4's DLC was based off of popularity (hence why we get 3 fan-favourite veterans, a Final Fantasy rep, and the existence of the Smash Ballot). Incineroar's general popularity is a bit hard to pinpoint. Yes, it did make it to 12th place on a popularity poll exclusively for Alolan Pokémon, but it's hard to tell if said poll is accurate for other regions too. I've mostly heard Decidueye support from western fans, while dismissing Incineroar as an ugly cereal mascot.

Sidenote: I'd be a bit conflicted by an "Ash-Incineroar" honestly.

D

Deleted member

I think you bring up a lot of valid points,and yes the anime does have a lot of influence on who gets chosen most notable example Greninja who now happens to have Ash Greninja in it's final smash. A form featured heavily in the X and Y anime.

I do think Incineroar will get a big focus no doubt Ash's Torracat has and once it evolves no doubt it will.

But isn't his Lycanroc kind of like the main Pokemon they focused on in the anime. Which is great cause Lycanroc is awesome. Not disagreeing but it kind of seemed like it was his main Pokemon this anime. I mean aside from Pikachu of course.

But I would not worry you make great points, and that helps Incineroar more then anything so I agree with you.

jweb23

Smash Journeyman
I think you bring up a lot of valid points,and yes the anime does have a lot of influence on who gets chosen most notable example Greninja who now happens to have Ash Greninja in it's final smash. A form featured heavily in the X and Y anime.

I do think Incineroar will get a big focus no doubt Ash's Torracat has and once it evolves no doubt it will.

But isn't his Lycanroc kind of like the main Pokemon they focused on in the anime. Which is great cause Lycanroc is awesome. Not disagreeing but it kind of seemed like it was his main Pokemon this anime. I mean aside from Pikachu of course.

But I would not worry you make great points, and that helps Incineroar more then anything so I agree with you.
The only counter point I can say to that is how everyone thought Goodra was gonna be Ash’s star in Kalos until they switched focus to Frogadier and Ash’s bond.

D

Deleted member

Shoot can't disagree with that would work.

Also yeah I hear you but there's more on favour of Incineroar then against it so that's a start.

So good news for tiger wrestler cat.

Dejime

Smash Apprentice
I do think that Torracat will evolve on some point in the anime and when they do, they need to have something to differenciate him from Masked Royale's one. I don't think it will be a new form (that space has already been occupied by Lycanroc) but some cosmetic difference like Krookodile's sunglasses.

SmashNStache

Smash Cadet
I do think that Torracat will evolve on some point in the anime and when they do, they need to have something to differenciate him from Masked Royale's one. I don't think it will be a new form (that space has already been occupied by Lycanroc) but some cosmetic difference like Krookodile's sunglasses.
I could see that happening.

D

Deleted member

Incineroar chances are good.

No matter what you here don't give up on it.

Fane

Smash Journeyman
Just came here to tell you Incineroar supporters to never lose support and never give up!

Things might look grim, but don't ever let that bring you down. The only way your character never has a chance is if you never let your voice be heard.

Keep on fighting the good fight, and don't let the haters bring you down! You're here for Incineroar, not them!

mjmannella

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
6515-6020-5729
Saw this here infographic.
Figured I make a rebuttal.
Let me know if you guys have anything to say or want to add!

D

Deleted member

Thanks for the support us Incineroar supporters got it's back.

As usual.

D

Deleted member

Anyone wanting to be added to the supporter list that isn't there already?

Makotoa

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
2720-1558-5025
Hope it's not to late to join the Incineroar support list!
Didn't know this was a thing going on, but I've been a fan of Incineroar since the designs were leaked months before Sun and Moon and were still under speculation. XD So it's without question that I'm hyped to see him make it into smash! I do believe that the Grinch leak is legit, but I also believe Incineroar will make it in too. Whether it's in the starting roster or DLC. Sakurai had picked his character choices back in 2016 and I'm sure our Tiger heel got the same treatment as Greninja did. Even if Gen 8 is coming next year, they can always DLC drop a rep from that game later on if they think people will pay for it.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Hope it's not to late to join the Incineroar support list!
Didn't know this was a thing going on, but I've been a fan of Incineroar since the designs were leaked months before Sun and Moon and were still under speculation. XD So it's without question that I'm hyped to see him make it into smash! I do believe that the Grinch leak is legit, but I also believe Incineroar will make it in too. Whether it's in the starting roster or DLC. Sakurai had picked his character choices back in 2016 and I'm sure our Tiger heel got the same treatment as Greninja did. Even if Gen 8 is coming next year, they can always DLC drop a rep from that game later on if they think people will pay for it.
Add me! I wanna support the big cat
Added

CrocoLoco

Smash Rookie
NNID
CrocoLoco
Can i be added to the support list?
Also "Don't jump into conclusions" Incineroar
Lol

Top Bottom