• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Burn With Passion!! -- Incineroar General Discussion (Formerly the Support Thread)

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I just had a fun thought. What if there's a non-leaked retro rep - Starman from NES Pro Wrestling, with alts of the other NES Pro Wrestlers? I'd love to see him or The Amazon interrupt Incineroar's trailer and the two of them battle it out in the ring!

Makotoa

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
2720-1558-5025
Even if they do save some character reveals for a different/ later time, I think if Incineroar is in fact in, he'll be shown off during this direct. He's not high profile enough to be set aside and saved as one of the very last reveals. So imo it's all or nothing for our heel cat in 2 days..

VexTheHex

Smash Ace
Soon I hope all the Incineroar haters that have been celebrating the Grinch leak and mocking him get to eat their words when the tiger heel comes crashing into the direct. Like a heel, the hate fueled my desire to see him get in and crush his opposition.

Gameguy1996

Smash Apprentice
I don't think there will be a second Direct. Pokemon Lets Go is the only other major title coming out besides Smash and there playing it on Treehouse Live. I think the Direct will open up with Incineroaror orIsaac and closing with someone like Geno. At most I'm only expecting 3 newcomers and 2 echoes at most. the dream would be that Incineroaror, the grinch characters and that one mystery character are all in and they end up doing a trailer like the first Brawl one even though I have my doubts.

Last edited:

mjmannella

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
6515-6020-5729
I'm expecting a minimum of 2 characters. It's really a matter of whether or not the Grinch leak is real or fake.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Question? Suppose, the Direct goes live and the first thing shown is Incinaroar. What's your responce?

More like-

Or more like?

UserKev

Smash Champion
If Incineroar is revealed, it should be celebrated as if the hate never happened.

RidleyKraid187

Smash Journeyman
If Incineroar is revealed first.... I’ll be on the edge of my seat, full blown anxious and panicked. Incineroar may be my favorite Pokémon, and I’ll definitely be happy if he’s in, but I’m also invested in some of the Grinch leak characters, and Isaac and Shadow in particular are under Fire for Assist Trophy claims, and Mach Rider is another that I don’t feel confident about without the Grinch leak..... It’s going to be emotional for sure if we wind up getting Incineroar first, I’ll say that much.

ufufu

Smash Rookie
No matter what we get its gonna be hype
That said, I really want my wrestling kitty in Smash.

VexTheHex

Smash Ace
If Incineroar is revealed first.... I’ll be on the edge of my seat, full blown anxious and panicked. Incineroar may be my favorite Pokémon, and I’ll definitely be happy if he’s in, but I’m also invested in some of the Grinch leak characters, and Isaac and Shadow in particular are under Fire for Assist Trophy claims, and Mach Rider is another that I don’t feel confident about without the Grinch leak..... It’s going to be emotional for sure if we wind up getting Incineroar first, I’ll say that much.
I hope we do get Incineroar first to get the Grinch fanatics and wrestling kitty haters freaked out. I wouldn't care if the rest of the leak came true afterwards, but it'll be awesome to get them shaking in their boots after how nasty they got with the Grinch leak. Seriously never thought I'd see a music video mocking Incineroar (and Steve) fans.

Last edited:

VexTheHex

Smash Ace
Delete. Double post when I went to edit? Maybe I hit reply instead of edit. :<

Last edited:

Makotoa

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
2720-1558-5025
I hope we do get Incineroar first to get the Grinch fanatics and wrestling kitty haters freaked out. I wouldn't care if the rest of the leak came true afterwards, but it'll be awesome to get them shaking in their boots after how nasty they got with the Grinch leak. Seriously never thought I'd see a music video mocking Incineroar (and Steve) fans.
The many reaction videos would be priceless~

I might just make my own for the fun of it. XD

Dixie Kong

Smash Ace
I can’t believe I’m saying this, but I support Incineroar. He’s grown on me a ton, I want to see him as a smug wrestler in his trailer.
With Kendrick Lamar’s “DNA” playing in the background.

RidleyKraid187

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, I think that’s a terrible way to look at things. I want the Grinch leak to be real not for Vindication; I just want the fighters that are on that leak. I don’t care who’s right or wrong. Best case scenario for me, Grinch leak was real, and Incineroar was just pushed to DLC because the rights to Banjo were acquired at E3 and Incineroar was shifted down in Priority to get Banjo in the base game. And also Skull Kid WAS actually there and it wasn’t just the bike like I thought it was.

VexTheHex

Smash Ace
Honestly, I think that’s a terrible way to look at things. I want the Grinch leak to be real not for Vindication; I just want the fighters that are on that leak. I don’t care who’s right or wrong. Best case scenario for me, Grinch leak was real, and Incineroar was just pushed to DLC because the rights to Banjo were acquired at E3 and Incineroar was shifted down in Priority to get Banjo in the base game. And also Skull Kid WAS actually there and it wasn’t just the bike like I thought it was.

Well to be fair I said the other stuff could all become true afterwards. I just figure the anti-Incineroar fans are going to throw it all up in our faces like they already have been for awhile the second their Grinch leak has credibility. So I rather Incineroar take the spot first to tamper their resentment towards the fire kitty as his hatred stems more from Vergeben's leak than the character itself. It obviously got personal though cause fandoms get savage.

Plus, they're always saying Incineroar is a lame and a horrible last reveal, so him being #69 or #70 is for them as well. xD

RidleyKraid187

Smash Journeyman
Well to be fair I said the other stuff could all become true afterwards. I just figure the anti-Incineroar fans are going to throw it all up in our faces like they already have been for awhile the second their Grinch leak has credibility. So I rather Incineroar take the spot first to tamper their resentment towards the fire kitty as his hatred stems more from Vergeben's leak than the character itself. It obviously got personal though cause fandoms get savage.

Plus, they're always saying Incineroar is a lame and a horrible last reveal, so him being #69 or #70 is for them as well. xD
I see where you’re coming from. I personally care more about getting the characters I want than stirring up any kind of emotions in jerks, but I do recognize how emotional Smash speculation gets in general, so much so that the raw emotion surrounding a character can be a bigger deal than the character itself. I dare say Ridley was that way for a while- I always wanted him, but I’d be remiss if I denied how angry I got towards smug detractors like Shokio, and yes, a small part of me wanted Ridley in just to stick it to him. And it made it hurt all the more when he was deconfimed, especially when it seemed like we had so much evidence suggesting he WAS in.

And yes, I have been bothered by the behavior of others lately, too. Mostly from those who won’t even give the Grinch leak the time of day, and make others feel stupid for doing so, but at the same time, I don’t necessarily care about the Grinch leak itself- I really just want Isaac, Geno, Mach Rider, and Shadow. This leak, if real, would guarantee that, but if it turns out it was fake, and we still got these characters anyways, I would be just as happy (admittedly a bit annoyed by the “I told you sos” from team fake, but even still, it wouldn’t matter. We’d get amazing characters, and I care far more about that than standing up for any leak.)

I’m not gonna lie, though- even as my favorite Pokémon, ending on Incineroar is kinda a lame prospect, you gotta admit.

RidleyKraid187

Smash Journeyman
it's just an game...and while I do want the big cat....

we'll have fun, right?
I will. It’s a cast of over 70 fighters rig
Btw, GoldenYuiitusin, good to see you changed your avatar/sig back to supporting the Heel.

We're gonna need everyone in on this if we hope to make it.
I don’t think it’s that dire- even if Grinch is real, a ton of insiders didn’t just pull Incineroar out their rear. If it’s fake, again, Incineroar is a character that’s known about by a ton of insiders, chances are we’ll see him, even if he just got pushed back to DLC (which I believe is likely the case if Grinch is true.)

D

Deleted member

Mr. Grinch may really be a heel....

....but he's got nothing on the Heel Pokémon.

Top Bottom