• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Burn With Passion!! -- Incineroar General Discussion (Formerly the Support Thread)

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Leakers are too cowardly to leak Incineroar in anything other than text :V.
It's obviously because he's too awesome for us :V

They never feature Smash in Directs about specific games.
Unless the specific game is Smash itself.

I know that's what you meant, but some people on the Internet take words a little too literally, so I figured it was safer to say it.

WaddleKing

Smash Ace
NNID
Nassim250
Am I allowed to share a 4 panel comic/meme featuring Incineroar I made here? Not meant to come off as against him or anything just in good humor.

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
Am I allowed to share a 4 panel comic/meme featuring Incineroar I made here? Not meant to come off as against him or anything just in good humor.
I don't see why not, it's relevant to the character and I see fan works in other threads here all the time.

D

Deleted member

oh yeah i'm with you on incineroar. it'd be such a boring addition in my opinion. again, sorry to those who like it, but it's just my own thoughts on the pokemon. hopefully sakurai makes the right choice
Stop apologizing when you clearly don't mean it.

The fact you have to constantly try to cover yourself by false apologies when saying things like "hopefully sakurai makes the 'right' choice" is rather telling.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Hopefully Incineroar is announced soon hoping we see it soon.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I'm assuming Incineroar will be revealed in November for two reasons.
  1. If the box theory is true, we only have two newcomers left. Would be kinda anticlimactic to have them revealed before one last Direct where they talk about whatever "Spirits" is, since it would mean we'd literally get no character reveal in it... except maybe a DLC tease. And said final Direct is more fitting the closer it is to release, imo.
  2. I like to keep my expectations as low as humanely possible. :p

Last edited:

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
I think we'll see him October, because I'm honestly expecting to see everyone by November in general. Marketing should be in full throttle starting that month, and considering they wanna advertise "Everyone is Here" and show everyone before release, I think they'd want everyone revealed for that.

I'm pretty confident he's next to be shown either way.

KingTorra

Smash Cadet
They really need to hurry up and reveal Incineroar already, not sure how much longer i can wait.
Same man, this wait is killing me. Enough with the "leaks" telling me what I already know, gotta see the official reveal!

P.S. I've never seen that gif before but i love it

SmashNStache

Smash Cadet
I know how you feel. I'm super anxious for the next reveal! Really hoping it's Incineroar's turn this time!

PrincessToadstool

Smash Cadet
Praying for Incineroar to be revealed soon. He's my top Pokémon pick and my third favorite Pokémon in general. Love him!

Multi-bottle Thief

Smash Rookie
Ok, I'm not a big pokemon fan, so I tend to not care what pokemon gets in the game. I saw Deciduey as a hot topic in the speculation trend pre-e3 and thought he would bring a cool moveset to the table, seeing as how he's an archer and a grass-type, but I wasn't necessarily excited for it or anything. Once Incinaroar was rumored to be the next pokemon instead, I was like, "what the heck is this goofy-looking thing?". However, after learning about his wrestling/grappler style of fighting, I got more invested in the character. After learning that he is a heel pokemon and is made to generate hate and resemble the over-the-top, cocky, underhanded wrestlers, I ended up actually doing something I never really did with any other pokemon in Smash before: I actually started to like him. Even his design grew on me as I learned what he's all about. And seeing as how he would generate ALL the salt if he gets announced as a fighter, he would also be serving the roll he was made to play.

TL;DR: I've grown to like Incineroar and would want him in Smash Bros. (I also just want to see the boards drown in their own salt because I'm a sadistic *******). Sign me up as a supporter!

Last edited:

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
No, just a few ladders. Do with them what you will.

Back to browsing for more glorious Bowsette art.
I'll take the ladders, you can keep the Bowsette, blech.

In before Masked Royal joins Smash Bros alongside Incineroar ala Pokemon Trainer.
That would be pretty fun. I wish Doc Louis would show up in the background for Little Mac like that too.

PK-remling Fire

Smash Ace
I hope that Incineroar gets the K Rool treatment and becomes a little more bestial though. If he's too anthromorphic he would look a bit weird imho

D

Deleted member

I hope that Incineroar gets the K Rool treatment and becomes a little more bestial though. If he's too anthromorphic he would look a bit weird imho
That's when we get things like this.

Let's stick with anthro style. :V

PK-remling Fire

Smash Ace
I could see it work though, and if anyone can do it the smash dev team can. They seem to have a good sense of character movement and scale. Not to mention Sakurai seems to enjoy making his animal-based characters more animalistic than their main series counterparts (i.e. Donkey Kong, K Rool, pre-smash 4 Bowser, Charizard).

It all really comes down to personal preference though.

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
Favorite Fire Type starter (despite me not owning any of the Gen VII games) after Emboar (in fact, he's pushed Emboar to the #2 slot on my list of favorite Fire-type starters).

Add me to that list of supporters as well (seeing if Shadow doesn't get in (granted the signs are looking 50/50 at this point), Incineroar will be perfect as a replacement or even as a possible main if he's good in-game (could end up as the Pokemon version of Street Fighter's Zangief (who happens to be my 2nd favorite SF character after Akuma!)

Last edited:

Mr Gentleman

Smash Journeyman
You know I wasn't sure about Incineroar for the longest time. but then I realized "wait he's a pro wrestler pokemon. Pro Wrestlers are a long standing archetype in fighting games and smash still doesn't have one! He actually would make for something unique and awesome!"

So as a Zangief main I support Incineroar's inclusion!

man it must be interesting for you guys though. far different environment than other support groups. seeing as it's a straight lock that your character is in. you're just waiting for it to be shown officially! I mean we Geno fan's have a lot working in our favor but there is still doubt's and fears that linger. you guys just gotta chill.

Exalt4747

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, I don't feel completely sure of his inclusion, but that's just me.

The hand is about as strong as it can be for a character at this point, I'll admit.

RandysRage

Smash Journeyman
Somewhere between the North and South Poles
You know I wasn't sure about Incineroar for the longest time. but then I realized "wait he's a pro wrestler pokemon. Pro Wrestlers are a long standing archetype in fighting games and smash still doesn't have one! He actually would make for something unique and awesome!"

man it must be interesting for you guys though. far different environment than other support groups. seeing as it's a straight lock that your character is in. you're just waiting for it to be shown officially! I mean we Geno fan's have a lot working in our favor but there is still doubt's and fears that linger. you guys just gotta chill.
And even if the slim chance Incineroar doesn't get in, I won't be too shaken up; we still have everyone returning and fothermucking RIDLEY in, so thats enough to satiate my hunger.

It's all a matter of perspective, really.

Last edited:

VexTheHex

Smash Ace
The only thing is, it almost feels like they wanted to do something with these two in smash 4 but just like with Ice Climbers, were unable to due to technical difficulties on the 3ds. I think these 2 might have been in the Wii U’s version of “the forbidden 7” but that’s just a theory. That’s my best guess as to why their assist was back even though Ashley was there while many others were cut out due to having a replacement. I think if Wario did get a new rep, it’s definitely these two, as Sakurai prefers characters that have fought in their own game and are expressive. (Which is why I don’t see the Incineroar bandwagon, because he isn’t exactly the most expressive, or even an interesting choice when compared to Lycanroc, who has three different forms to choose from, all very expressive and unique. 3 forms! I think we all know who the new pokemon really is)
Yeah. I prefer unique and expressive characters like Kat & Ana, Shantae, and Lycanroc over generic characters like Ken, Incineroar, and Steve. Vergeben is like Gematsu at this point, and I will be excited to see him finally be proven wrong.
Be cool if someone would stop using pretty much every other character support thread to try to rally hate against Incineroar.

And to both these posters, look at the many gifs in this thread or even these two...
incin 2.gif

Incin.gif

And tell me this Pokemon is not expressive and generic. Seriously, if you're going to attack another pick, at least attack them somewhere they are weak and not in one of the fields Incineroar has the upper hand in being expressive and far more interesting in design in terms of originality than wolf with some fluff and rocks added.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I'm having the Kat & Ana support thread locked until either Incineroar is confirmed or the game releases, which ever one comes first.

D

Deleted member

Anyone who tries to say Incineroar is "not expressive" and "generic" literally know nothing about Incineroar and...
-clears throat-
IT DOESN'T MATTER....WHAT THEY THINK!:p

Their opinions are not worth considering.

Last edited by a moderator:

VexTheHex

Smash Ace
I'm having the Kat & Ana support thread locked until either Incineroar is confirmed or the game releases, which ever one comes first.
Why have it locked? I simply pulled out where the usual poster derails a support thread into going after Incineroar and throwing shade at the Pokemon. And then addressed both posters in regards to attacking Incineroar's character in a rather odd fashion in going after him being generic and not expressive which is literally the direct opposite of the Pokemon itself.

I was looking in the Kat and Ana thread cause I was curious about them still missing in the ATs and seeing what their fans were discussing. I didn't expect to see the usual hater trying to rally the thread against other characters. Good luck on Kat & Ana though!

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Why have it locked? I simply pulled out where the usual poster derails a support thread into going after Incineroar and throwing shade at the Pokemon. And then addressed both posters in regards to attacking Incineroar's character in a rather odd fashion in going after him being generic and not expressive which is literally the direct opposite of the Pokemon itself.

I was looking in the Kat and Ana thread cause I was curious about them still missing in the ATs and seeing what their fans were discussing. I didn't expect to see the usual hater trying to rally the thread against other characters. Good luck on Kat & Ana though!
I am trying to avoid pissing off Incineroar supporters.

VexTheHex

Smash Ace
I am trying to avoid pissing off Incineroar supporters.
Then maybe don't take that guy's bait into attacking other people's picks? Not the first thread I been reading where he posts and tries to get people to start bashing on Incineroar. Kat & Ana thread is fine, rock on with it by all means as it was enjoyable to read on it as I personally wouldn't mind another Wario Ware character myself since they seem interesting. But try to promote your character, not tear down the others!

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord

I don't fully buy into patterns, theories and leaks, so I don't see it as a lock, but I do understand what does work in it's favor.

What we do know is that it was selected by Gamefreak ahead of time, since it does take time to create animation, to be prominent in a movie and the show. We know that it has gotten good treatment in the merchandising department, been given some good cards in the TCG, and made quite viable in the game's through move tutors and a strong HA. It's been a rising star with the fans as it ranked in the top 12 favorite Alolan Pokemon, was number one in Pokemon Refresh use and has taken VGC by storm. Plus, we can throw in the statement that Masuda, the current head honcho, is fond of it as well. Vergeben's leak is nice, but there is enough going for 'Roar for it to be a serious contender without it.

Top Bottom