• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Burn With Passion!! -- Incineroar General Discussion (Formerly the Support Thread)

RandysRage

Smash Journeyman
Somewhere between the North and South Poles
What exactly is it you're trying to accomplish here?
Between coming in here to "enlighten" us with this asinine propaganda that is completely irrelevant to what matters for Smash and trying to discredit Incineroar and hype up Lycanroc in the Ashley thread, it's clear your intentions are to stir up trouble.

Nor only that, but where are you even counting these moves? Because if you're counting Tutoring Moves, which can be taught to a LARGE number of Pokémon regardless of type save for few special occasions, then you're off base.
Naturally, Incineroar learns:
4 Fire moves
3 Dark moves
3 Fighting moves, one being a boosting move (which isn't exclusive to Fighting types)
He's just another troll. The best course of action is to simply ignore him.

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
Did guys know that Incineroar basically is a fire/fighting type (not counting TMs because he doesn’t normally learn those moves)?
Fighting moves: 8
Fire moves: 8
Dark moves: 7
Also, considering his fighting moves are far more useful than any of the dark moves (barring darkest lariat), I’d say it’s safe to think that they originally planned for him to be a fire/fighting type.
That's a common misconception about the character. People look at the wrestling aspect and immediately mistake it for a Fighting Type.

However, having the basic understanding of what the Dark Type really is should clear up why Incineroar has always been a Dark Type from conception to execution. Dark Type, known as Evil Type in Japan, isn't about literal darkness or the occult, but instead about being mean, dishonorable and/or underhanded; think of it as the jerk or bully type. The moves that are given Dark typing are common cheating and underhanded tactics. You have moves like Fake Tears, Knock Off, Sucker Punch, Embargo, Feint Attack, Etc that are all about deceiving your opponent to give you an unfair advantage. Then, if you look at other Dark Type Pokemon, you get things like Scrafty/Krookodile/Pangoro which have a street punk motif going for them, Greninja which is an assassin, Shiftry which is based on a Tengu spirit, Tyranitar which is a violent Kaiju, and so forth. In general, the Pokemon of this typing tend to have a more malicious appearance, or in the case of Absol, perceived to be malevolent.

On the other hand, Fighting Type is about being fair, honorable and athletic. It's often associated with heroic ideals as well, namely in the sense of the Musketeer-inspired Pokemon from Unova, where they fighting type may not make as much a sense since they don't directly reference martial arts.

Incineroar is the Heel Pokemon, which it inherited from its inspiration, the classic Manga, Tiger Mask (who originally was a heel himself). For those not familiar with wrestling, heel is the term used for a antagonist or villain character who's role is to generate anger and be hated, often times by cheating, being overly violent or just a big jerk, so that when the hero character, or babyface, opposes him, the fans will cheer on the good guy. Combine this with the fact that Pro Wrestling is a scripted/acted production and not a true athletic event, and the Dark Typing is a natural fit for Incineroar.

He's just another troll. The best course of action is to simply ignore him.
Sounds about right, but I felt like it would help those who may be confused about Incineroar's typing to have some understanding as to why it's Dark and not Fighting.

Last edited:

VexTheHex

Smash Ace
That's a common misconception about the character. People look at the wrestling aspect and immediately mistake it for a Fighting Type.

However, having the basic understanding of what the Dark Type really is should clear up why Incineroar has always been a Dark Type from conception to execution. Dark Type, known as Evil Type in Japan, isn't about literal darkness or the occult, but instead about being mean, dishonorable and/or underhanded; think of it as the jerk or bully type. The moves that are given Dark typing are common cheating and underhanded tactics. You have moves like Fake Tears, Knock Off, Sucker Punch, Embargo, Feint Attack, Etc that are all about deceiving your opponent to give you an unfair advantage. Then, if you look at other Dark Type Pokemon, you get things like Scrafty/Krookodile/Pangoro which have a street punk motif going for them, Greninja which is an assassin, Shiftry which is based on a Tengu spirit, Tyranitar which is a violent Kaiju, and so forth. In general, the Pokemon of this typing tend to have a more malicious appearance, or in the case of Absol, perceived to be malevolent.

On the other hand, Fighting Type is about being fair, honorable and athletic. It's often associated with heroic ideals as well, namely in the sense of the Musketeer-inspired Pokemon from Unova, where they fighting type may not make as much a sense since they don't directly reference martial arts.

Incineroar is the Heel Pokemon, which it inherited from its inspiration, the classic Manga, Tiger Mask (who originally was a heel himself). For those not familiar with wrestling, heel is the term used for a antagonist or villain character who's role is to generate anger and be hated, often times by cheating, being overly violent or just a big jerk, so that when the hero character, or babyface, opposes him, the fans will cheer on the good guy. Combine this with the fact that Pro Wrestling is a scripted/acted production and not a true athletic event, and the Dark Typing is a natural fit for Incineroar.

Sounds about right, but I felt like it would help those who may be confused about Incineroar's typing to have some understanding as to why it's Dark and not Fighting.
Good write up.

Though I'd shy away from using Absol as it's one of those goofed up Pokemon like Cubone. Absol is thought to be evil, a bad omen by people cause it shows up before disasters. Apparently it's said that Absol is actually just warning people and Pokemon and trying to save lives. But if Absol is actually a good hearted and sweet pokemon, why is it actually Dark? People thoughts on the Pokemon shouldn't actually cause it to be a Dark Type and learn Dark Moves if it was actually basically a Fighting or Fairy type being a good guy. I think Absol actually is a jerk, but some people are trying to clear up it's name. But nah, that thing is running around causing destruction. It's evil and just fooling the SJWs of the Pokemon world into white knighting for it cause it's pretty. That's the only outlook that actually makes sense.

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
Good write up.

Though I'd shy away from using Absol as it's one of those goofed up Pokemon like Cubone. Absol is thought to be evil, a bad omen by people cause it shows up before disasters. Apparently it's said that Absol is actually just warning people and Pokemon and trying to save lives. But if Absol is actually a good hearted and sweet pokemon, why is it actually Dark? People thoughts on the Pokemon shouldn't actually cause it to be a Dark Type and learn Dark Moves if it was actually basically a Fighting or Fairy type being a good guy. I think Absol actually is a jerk, but some people are trying to clear up it's name. But nah, that thing is running around causing destruction. It's evil and just fooling the SJWs of the Pokemon world into white knighting for it cause it's pretty. That's the only outlook that actually makes sense.
That's a great theory and makes sense to me. If they include some subtle references to it not being as "benevolent" as the Dex claims, it would make for some fun lore.

FooltheFlames

needs hugs~<3
So the amount of salt that's sure to be generated from certain fans of Smash over Incineroar's inclusion into the roster is actually going to be a very fitting one? XD
That's great; if he gets in it's going to be epic- all the hate will only fuel him! :rotfl:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
So the amount of salt that's sure to be generated from certain fans of Smash over Incineroar's inclusion into the roster is actually going to be a very fitting one? XD
That's great; if he gets in it's going to be epic- all the hate will only fuel him! :rotfl:
Incineroar will be top tier, winning against everyone with high sodium levels :p

Flyboy

Smash Hero
The more I think about Incineroar the more excited I get about a wrestler in Smash. I also just had the funny mental image, if they reveal him and Ken in the same trailer, of him using Zangief's green hand but with fire instead of green energy.

I can't wait for InCENAroar! (Or Dwayne "Incinerock" Johnson if you prefer?)

FooltheFlames

needs hugs~<3
Here's a full picture of the latest leak showing off Ken:

Assuming its real, that's another point for Vergeben, and thus another point for our favorite fire cat.
There's an enlarged version of this over on the Geno Thread. If you ask me, even though Pichu has been scaled up in this game Ken is still a little to small and most glaringly his shading is far off from the others when you take a closer look at the larger version of this pic.

Not trying to kill anyone's hype here, it's I'm just a natural skeptic when it comes to these things; I have to be.

Last edited:

Zoljinx_

Smash Apprentice
I've seen the Ken leak floating about, and a part of me hopes it's real. but I'm not entirely sure if I can say I believe it, but I can accept it if it is.

The Pichu ear crop is a little understandable, and I've even seen people analyze Mappy from PAC-Man's taunt. most of it checks out, I just don't know what to think when it comes to Ken's skin though, it almost looks like it's the same texture as his clothes, just skin colored.

that, and the picture being taken precisely at 02:30.00 is impeccable timing for a photo leak.

Ivysaur looking real cute in that picture though...

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
While my gen 7 Mon of choice is Lycanroc, I'd honestly be 100% chill with Incineroar, I mean at least in my opinion, what's not to like about Zangief's pet tiger?

KingTorra

Smash Cadet
In case you guys haven't heard, there's an anonymous "leaker" who claims to have video and photographic proof of the entire roster of Smash Ultimate. More importantly, video proof of Incineroar. He said he'll upload around 9 am tomorrow, so keep on the lookout.

RandysRage

Smash Journeyman
Somewhere between the North and South Poles
In case you guys haven't heard, there's an anonymous "leaker" who claims to have video and photographic proof of the entire roster of Smash Ultimate. More importantly, video proof of Incineroar. He said he'll upload around 9 am tomorrow, so keep on the lookout.
A metric ton of "leakers" love to say they'll release more info at a later time, but virtually none of them ever do; it's all a bid for attention.
Just temper your expectations.

KingTorra

Smash Cadet
I agree. But they also brought up a good point. Saying they want to make sure their tracks are covered, and not wanting to end up like the ESRB leak guy(Who basically had his life ruined after getting caught and sued). So I can understand that. I'm not convinced yet, but never hurts to check it out

D

Deleted member

It's a continuation of some earlier "leak" in the week that said we'd get footage by today, and they didn't follow through because of "complications".

I don't buy it in the least.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Not like it matters either way. I'm optimistic enough in Incineroar's inclusion that their "promises" don't mean anything to me.

Basty

Smash Ace
Initially was against the idea, then I realised he had a lariat.

Closest thing possible to Gief in smash so count me in for support

DutchPichu

Smash Journeyman
9AM in which timezone?

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I agree. But they also brought up a good point. Saying they want to make sure their tracks are covered, and not wanting to end up like the ESRB leak guy(Who basically had his life ruined after getting caught and sued). So I can understand that. I'm not convinced yet, but never hurts to check it out
Um... They're planning to leak the whole game if they're correct.

How the **** could you show that and not end up like the ESRB guy, regardless of the "precautions" you take?

If he's legit, he was doomed the second he wrote his leaks with the intent of showing video proof.

Last edited:

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
Several hours later and absolutely nothing as expected.

Still hoping to see 'Roar in. October would be a good month since that was the month it was officially revealed for Sun and Moon.

D

Deleted member

The Ken leak is interesting if true would not mind if he was in. Lots to back up Incineroar things looking good for it.

VexTheHex

Smash Ace
Leakers they are something else.
They get pretty tedious when the Youtubers all post stuff like "NEW CREDIBLE LEAKER" and then there really isn't anything there worth taking seriously. I think more and more are just trying to get their 5 minutes of fame or maybe some supporters are starting to feel the pressure and want to make leaks including their characters to not lose hope and get their characters advertised. I don't know... I just hope we get a direct soon and it just reveals all that's left so all this leak stuff ends.

D

Deleted member

Leakers are too cowardly to leak Incineroar in anything other than text :V.

Top Bottom