• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Burn With Passion!! -- Incineroar General Discussion (Formerly the Support Thread)

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
I want to see him in now that this thread has been made. Completely forgot he is part Dark type lmao

The wrestling type of Pokemon would be unique for Smash. Not to mention we don't get gimmicks like this yet

Supporting!

D

Deleted member

Been meaning to post this for a while.

Quote from the movie:
"When Incineroar takes enough damage, it gains more power."

Does anyone have ideas on how to translate this into a Smash context that isn't copying Lucario's Aura mechanic or the general Rage mechanic?

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504

Quote from the movie:

Does anyone have ideas on how to translate this into a Smash context that isn't copying Lucario's Aura mechanic or the general Rage mechanic?
Not really, because those mechanics are the very embodiments of that kind of statement.

Last edited:

Bowserlick

Smash Hero

Quote from the movie:

Whenever Incineroar receives over 25 percent damage from one attack, he receives no knock-back or hit-stun. Instead he is enveloped in flames.

The next Smash is instantly fully charged and his regular attacks do extra damage (or some other bonus).

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Whenever Incineroar receives over 25 percent damage from one attack, he receives no knock-back or hit-stun. Instead he is enveloped in flames.

The next Smash is instantly fully charged and his regular attacks do extra damage (or some other bonus).
At first I thought this was a cool idea, and then I realized something....

....the "no hitstun or knockback" aspect can be potentially broken.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504

He could still get damage, but yeah, that has game-breaking potential.

Maybe just a small reduction noticeable enough to make him able to make comebacks, but not enough to make it impossible to combo him?

Last edited:

Bowserlick

Smash Hero

Yes. Red flags on that part.

There could be reduced damage/knockback rather than none.
There could be a wind push effect, alternatively, when Incineroar immerses in flames.
The percentage needed for the trigger can be raised.

D

Deleted member

My idea for the quote is that after a certain number of accumulated damage has been taken (as in, not tied to the damage percentage but rather total damage taken; healing does NOT reset this), Incineroar's belt will glow with energy and spark flames.

While in this state, Incineroar's moves will deal increased damage and have more incendiary properties (such as it's wrestling throws lighting the opponent on fire like in concept art), but the excess energy is used up the next time Incineroar uses Flamethrower, which turns the move from a stream of flames into a powerful beam of fire (think of it like a fiery Thoron).

D

Deleted member

I bump this thread with exciting news!

Incineroar is going to be making its anime debut on the 22nd of February!

Episode information on Serebii said:
February 22nd: SM63 - Burn with Passion, Nyabby! Down with Gaogaen!!
Satoshi and the others have gone to the Battle Royal venue. There, Satoshi decides to challenge the greatest Battle Royal fighter of them all, Royal Mask, with his Nyabby!!
This is also likely the episode where Litten evolves, as it has been confirmed it will evolve into Torracat through a magazine scan for the anime season.

That being said, there is one slight issue.
This means Kukui has an Incineroar. Which wouldn't be a big deal, except Kukui is one of the "protagonists" (more like a supporting character while Ash and his classmates are the lead roles, but still).

Typically, "protagonists" don't share the same Pokémon in their on-screen lineup.
This means Ash's Torracat has a chance to not evolve further because Kukui already has Incineroar.

On the other hand, this could also be Litten's "gateway" into a goal to become an Incineroar just like Kukui's, with "Royal Mask" giving Ash an Incinium-Z after the battle as something to look forward to using in the future. Malicious Moonsault could easily be showcased here to reveal certain Pokémon can get their own Z-Moves.
Besides, Kukui's Incineroar may just be for whenever he dons the Royal Mask persona and not a series regular, anyway. We don't know for sure. :p

Either way, with the movie role for I Choose You! and possible appearance in this upcoming movie (since it takes place in the same universe), and now an anime appearance, it's hard for me as an Incineroar fan not to be excited with the love Incineroar has been getting despite the initial hate it had upon being leaked.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

We have preview.

With Darkest Lariat FINALLY being given an anime appearance.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Incineroar would probably be the hypest for me right now.

Decidueye would also be great and may or may not be more likely, but the wrestling kitty would be so much more fun. Again, for me.

Might even make a move set at some point, not sure yet.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Call me crazy, but I still find Incineroar a far more interesting fighter.

If only because he was my chosen starter and I am still hungry for that wrestling character. Sorry Bowser, but you aren't even close to what Incineroar would be in Smash.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
I figured you Incineroar supporters would love this fanart I've found.

I never realized how cute he looked until now.

Desdar300

Smash Rookie
Guys, I have some interesting news.
In a popularity poll done by Nintendo Dream, Incineroar ranked over Decidueye in terms of popularity.
Thus making him the 2nd most popular Alolan Starter over here

D

Deleted member

Yeah, been meaning to post that here. Just kinda forgot to. :p

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Inceneroar NEEDS to be in Smash 5!!!
I know EXACTLY how Throat Chop would work:
It'd be his Ftilt and it would come out at frame 11 or 12. If sweetspotted, It would be pretty powerful, dealing like 13% damage and KB about as powerful as Ness' Bair in sm4sh.(it would be pretty easy to sweetspot, and it sweetspots around the face/throat/chest of the opponent.)
Also, when sweetspotted, you get a small area of visual effect similar to how it looks in game, and the opponent can't use Sound, Spell, or Breath-based moves for a small period of time.

*Examples*
Puff's Sing
Olimar's Whistle
Robin's Nosferatu
Bowser's Fire Breath
Kirby's Copy

Inceneroar 100 : 0 Sindel

Last edited:

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
He was still my choice even for Ultra Sun/Moon which I don't regret, so... yeah, here I am still far as preferring him like with most fire starters.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
His throws should deal good damage and they'd consist of moves like the Sunset Flip Power Bomb, Argentine Backbreaker, Chokeslam, etc.. Dealing from 12% to 14% damage.

Maybe his Grab could put ppl in the Back Rack Position with his pummel being Torture Rack.

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
Since playing Sun and Moon, Incineroar has become one of my favorite starters. I love the wrestling angle he has and his design is great.

I would love for him to be playable in Smash for Switch! He's been my first choice for a gen 7 Pokemon for a while so I hope he has his chance to shine. Him having a primarily grapple style moveset would be a dream and would definitely have me interested in trying him out.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Guys, guys, guys...........
What if he would be able to pull off like 2 different types of Highflyer Moves while balancing on the ledge, that you can also steer.
Like a Moonsault for example, or a Frog Splash with Spike Properties. **** that'd be awesome.

Maybe his animation while balancing on the ledge could look similar to when wrestlers hold their balance on a turnbuckle with their hands also touching the turnbuckle/Top Ropes.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Back when ppl were suggesting characters for sm4sh, I wanted Namco's rep to be King from Tekken instead of Pacman.
Now I'm hoping for Inceneroar instead, who has a way bigger chance.

So a question I keep thinking to myself about the Asian mist reference or eye-poking, how should it work in regards to Smash?
How should being "blinded" be represented?
Easy. Make it so that ppl get blinded for a small period of time, with a visual effect. The "small cloud" sounds good enough.
While blinded, any projectiles fired or items thrown, will go up to 30 degrees (up or down) off of its original trajectory.

Incineroar would likely be pretty slow like it is in Pokemon, so that could maybe give it a small, temporary speed buff to keep things balanced. It's not the sort of move you'd be able to spam either since it'd put you in a helpless state in the air and has a lot of end lag on the ground if we go by how Fire Fox and Fire Bird already work.
I think a temporary Speed Buff if you hit someone sounds cool. Imagine using a throw on someone but not being fast enough to true combo off of it. Well, if you manage to grab someone while still Speed Boosted, you'd be able to garantuee an aerial on them after your already high-damage-dealing throw has done its part.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Sign me up! Incineroar was my starter the moment he was revealed he be a wrestler. I don't care about including a grass starter for the sake of having one, I just want to play as a wrestler.

Seems Incineroar is getting a nice push.

>Litten becomes Ash's main Alola starter.
>It fully evolves
>Starts wrecking everyone ala Infernape
>Suplex City *****
>Alola League gets built
>Ash curbstomps everybody with Incineroar to reach the finals again
>Dankest Lariat for the win
>Ash is confident on the power of his big cat until his final opponent is revealed to be:

I have a more accurate scenario of what will happen:

>Kukui builds a Pokemon League in Alola
>Uses the Island Challenge as a substitute for badges to qualify
>Ash does the Island Challenge
>Ash makes it all the way to the finals
>Final opponent is the Masked Royal
>Masked Royal's main is an Incineroar wearing the Royal's mask
>Ash's Incineroar and Royal's Incineroar have a heated wrestling match
>Ash loses lol
>Ash never finds out Kukui was the Masked Royal
>Ash leaves Alola forgetting everything he's learned there and heads to the Gen 8 region

Last edited:

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
Sign me up! Ever since I laid my eyes on this magnificent beast in the starter leaks, I knew this was to be my Pokémon. The design and concept is just so much fun and I never tire of watching it use Malicious Moonsault every time. I think that the wrestling motif can add the grapple fighter that Smash has been missing for so long.

Last edited:

UserKev

Smash Champion
I wouldn't mind Incineroar. Its the only other Pokémon that's exceptional to me. I used to think Incineroar was a generic fire type but, there's definitely more to it. Incineroar just feels unique.

I hear its the Shao Kahn of Smash. Gimmie me that.

D

Deleted member

I wouldn't mind Incineroar. Its the only other Pokémon that's exceptional to me. I used to think Incineroar was a generic fire type but, there's definitely more to it. Incineroar just feels unique.

I hear its the Shao Kahn of Smash. Gimmie me that.
Don't you mean Shere Khan?
:troll:

Miifighters4Smash5

Smash Journeyman
If the Dark Tiger Heel Pokemon makes it In; I can DEFINITELY See him play similarly to King from Tekken; Because Walking Tiger Mask Reference behold; He's Basically the Smash Bros equivalent to Tekken's King; and Nintendo's Version of Tiger the Dark from Tiger Mask W.

D

Deleted member

If the Dark Tiger Heel Pokemon makes it In; I can DEFINITELY See him play similarly to King from Tekken; Because Walking Tiger Mask Reference behold; He's Basically the Smash Bros equivalent to Tekken's King; and Nintendo's Version of Tiger the Dark from Tiger Mask W.
Also fighting like Tiger Mask himself like in this PSP game.

EDIT: Look, it's Incineroar vs. Little Mac :troll:

D

Deleted member

Bump for news!
Masked Royale (and Incineroar, obviously) is making another anime appearance in a month!

July 5th: SM81 - The Young Flame of Alola! The Birth of Royal Satoshi!!
Synopsis:
"The Royal Mask is a participant in the Battle Royal, which is extremely popular in Alola, and after Satoshi gets really worked up over seeing him on TV, he goes to watch one of his matches together with Professor Kukui, Professor Burnet and the others. However, during the match, Satoshi gets so annoyed with the Royal Mask's opponent's dirty trick he decides to enter the ring himself alongside Nyaheat?!"

--------

"A competitor called the Royal Mask has gained great popularity in the "Battle Royal", a traditional Alolan form of 4-way battle carried out by Pokémon. Satoshi has become throughly fascinated by him after watching his matches on TV and visits the venue to watch one in person. But when Satoshi gets angry about the Royal Mask's opponent using dirty tricks, the "Fire Cat Pokémon" Nyaheat he brought along is unable to take it either and ends up joining the match."

DWoauCmVQAArS1S.jpg

Another development episode with Torracat involving Masked Royal.

Too early for an evolution into another Incineroar, but still nice to see growth that involves Incineroar again.

D

Deleted member

Good news for Incineroar, at least.

Two common arguments against it are now dead.

1. People can't say that Decidueye is more likely because "we need a Grass Starter to complete the set" anymore because Pokémon Trainer is back.

2. People can't say Incineroar is unlikely because it's a second Fire/second Dark type anymore either. Because of Squirtle's and Pichu's return, we have two Water types and two Electric types now.

Well we havent seen Litten as a pokeball yet, so that's nice at least. We arent completely out of the running. But im assuming not every AT / pokeball is here. Srill no guarantees. Not hopeful, but the ref has yet to ring the bell
:061:

Last edited:

UserKev

Smash Champion
Things seem to be looking good for both Incineroar and Mimikyu. Either is good for me.

D

Deleted member

Well we havent seen Litten as a pokeball yet, so that's nice at least. We arent completely out of the running. But im assuming not every AT / pokeball is here. Srill no guarantees. Not hopeful, but the ref has yet to ring the bell
:061:
Considering now we have Pikachu and Pichu as fighters and Alolan Raichu as a Poké Ball summon, it would take Incineroar itself being a summon to count it out. A hypothetical Litten or Torracat summon wouldn't quite spell the end. :p

UserKev

Smash Champion
Considering now we have Pikachu and Pichu as fighters and Alolan Raichu as a Poké Ball summon, it would take Incineroar itself being a summon to count it out. A hypothetical Litten or Torracat summon wouldn't quite spell the end. :p
But I don't see Incineroar as a summon at all. Like, his proportions look to advanced. Maybe a stage hazard but definitely not a summon. Incineroar is In the group of those Pokémon that have a different quality to them.

D

Deleted member

But I don't see Incineroar as a summon at all. Like, his proportions look to advanced. Maybe a stage hazard but definitely not a summon. Incineroar is In the group of those Pokémon that have a different quality to them.
Oh, no doubt.

I'm just saying that Litten/Torracat being a summon wouldn't be any kind of indicator for Incineroar's exclusion as a fighter. Only Incineroar itself being one would (for obvious reasons). :p

Top Bottom