• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Burn With Passion!! -- Incineroar General Discussion (Formerly the Support Thread)

Honestly, the saddest thing I find about incineroar, is that the move I would most like to see, the Tigerbomb, is pretty unlikely.

Yeah, it could make a nice throw, but it requires hooking arms. Imagine a big guy like Incineroar trying to hook Kirby's or Jigglypuff's arms in any way that looks normal.

Not only is it one of my favorite wrestling moves, it has TIGER right in the name! Shame

D

Deleted member

Honestly, the saddest thing I find about incineroar, is that the move I would most like to see, the Tigerbomb, is pretty unlikely.

Yeah, it could make a nice throw, but it requires hooking arms. Imagine a big guy like Incineroar trying to hook Kirby's or Jigglypuff's arms in any way that looks normal.

Not only is it one of my favorite wrestling moves, it has TIGER right in the name! Shame
Well if Snake could put them in a chokehold somehow despite them not having necks (and him comically putting Ivysaur's FLOWER in a hold), they could probably get away with the Tigerbomb, even if it's not exact to how it functions in real life.

PsychoJosh

Banned via Administration
I really don't like Incineroar.

I was excited when Litten was revealed because I thought he would go up the evolution tree into an awesome, fierce and powerful fire tiger or something. Instead we wound up with a final evolution that just looks like a dude in a stupid costume at an amusement park. I was massively disappointed and heartbroken when I saw Incineroar and thought of the awesome evolutions that could've been, but now never will be.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Tylocaust? I think it would be a bad idea if there's a Pokemon name based on the Holocaust, especially if it's a Fire-type.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511

I was excited when Litten was revealed because I thought he would go up the evolution tree into an awesome, fierce and powerful fire tiger or something. Instead we wound up with a final evolution that just looks like a dude in a stupid costume at an amusement park. I was massively disappointed and heartbroken when I saw Incineroar and thought of the awesome evolutions that could've been, but now never will be.

Guess a reminder is needed.

9. Detracting is a touchy subject. It is absolutely okay to want or not want a specific character. It is okay to express that opinion. It is not okay to be rude about it. Know that going into a character's support thread and making negative comments will have different consequences than posting it in a general thread or for an unrelated character. If you do this, try to be courteous and polite and open to ideas.

If someone insults a character you don't like, that does not give you the ability to be rude back to them. Be courteous and polite and try to convince the other user to change their opinion to be more positive if you like. Do not try to force anything or be rude in return. If need be, contact a staff member to deal with the situation.
EDIT: Holy cow Zeb you're fast :4greninja:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Now now, no need to be so hostile.

Giving dissent is allowed. Psycho could learn a thing or two about subtlety and sympathy, but that is no need to be rude in return.
I'm not being hostile, I'm being blunt.

If one does not like Incineroar, they should not be posting in a thread dedicated to Incineroar, logically speaking. :V

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Lets get back on topic:

In what weight tier would you place Incineroar?
Easily it should be heavier than Charizard, but it would rival the likes of DK and Bowser?

Kirbeh

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
Lets get back on topic:

Easily it should be heavier than Charizard, but it would rival the likes of DK and Bowser?
I'd say just shy of being the same weight as DK. So close, but just a little bit less.

Last edited:
I dont think Kane* would be heavier than DK or Bowser at all. Those 2 being so heavy is kind of their thing. Kane* is large, but he isn't fat. He would definitely still be heavy, but not as heavy as those 2, and maybe less than Charizard.

IMO, somewhere around Ganondorf would be good.

*Incineraor is too annoying for me to type out so im just going to start putting the much easier to type Fire wrestler from real life

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I dont think Kane* would be heavier than DK or Bowser at all. Those 2 being so heavy is kind of their thing. Kane* is large, but he isn't fat. He would definitely still be heavy, but not as heavy as those 2, and maybe less than Charizard.

IMO, somewhere around Ganondorf would be good.

*Incineraor is too annoying for me to type out so im just going to start putting the much easier to type Fire wrestler from real life
Thanks, now I can't stop picturing Incineroar chokeslaming Link...

No, seriously thank you; it looks pretty rad in my head.

Also it would be a cool Down Throw.

Kane is about 90% of the reason I fell in love with Tiger!Kane

I've been Tiger!Kane choke-slamming everyone for weeks now. . .I have no idea why I didn't recommend it when Rider Gwen asked.

Fun tidbit, one of Kane's moves is a top rope LARIAT. :p
Now we just need Kane to do a 450 splash but call it a moonsault

Last edited:

Kirbeh

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312

Hey! That's :4ganondorf:'s thing. Ganondorf confirmed to pick Litten?

Kirbeh

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
Imagine him Flame Choking the poor thing too.

Too soon?
That's horrible ;-;
Though I'd actually say no. Sure we didn't really them interacting too much, but Ganondorf has had animals like his horses in OOT and TP as well as the Helmaroc King in WW. I doubt he was mercilessly beating his own pets.
It does become a dark type.
Good point. And Ganondorf does become a big ball of fire in that one scene of TP. Plus going by his Smash moveset they're both ruthless brawlers. It fits so well.

Oh my god I love this and have accepted the headcanon.

Im just imagining Litten growing up trying to imitate Ganondorf being "evil" but being a cat makes it sort of cute so it gets cheers.
Thus, becoming a heel.
This is my headcanon now too. Link picked Decidueye and both practice their bow marksmanship, and Zelda picked Primarina who has a graceful/magic-esque feel to it and is part Fairy type.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I actually chose Link as the Chokeslam victim because he sells like a champ in BotW, just like Dolph Ziggler :p

D

Deleted member

Lets get back on topic:

I'd say it should be around Charizard's weight if not slightly less, closer to Ganondorf's level.

aliensalmon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
aliensalmon
3DS FC
1204-0174-6540
I prefer Decidueye, but Incineroar would be awesome as well!

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I'd say it should be around Charizard's weight if not slightly less, closer to Ganondorf's level.
Something like this?

:4bowser:: 130
:4dk:: 122
:4dedede:: 119
:4charizard:: 116
: 115
:4ganondorf:: 113

TIL Charizard (199.5 lbs) is heavier than Incineroar (183.0 lbs), so it makes sense.

D

Deleted member

Mythra Mythra

There is some irony though, considering "weight" just means knockback resistance, which can be attributed to defensive purposes. And Incineroar is definitely more of a tank than Charizard is. :laugh:

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
I doubt Tony the Tiger would retire from being the mascot of Frosted Flakes.

In all seriousness, a grass starter final form will get in before another fire starter.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I doubt Tony the Tiger would retire from being the mascot of Frosted Flakes.

In all seriousness, a grass starter final form will get in before another fire starter.
Even as someone who supports Decidueye until the end of time, there's one thing that makes me think otherwise.

We almost got Squirtle and Greninja in the same game, and when we didn't, we lost a Grass starter. If having the complete type trio mattered, Sakurai wouldn't have made Smash 4 without a Grass type. Grass is just an added benefit for Decidueye, not the basis of inclusion.

. . .something just occured to me that I probably should have thought of before.

Nintendo is a japanese company run by japanese people, therefore, Kane would probably not be based on WWE at all. If anything it would be based on JAPANESE wrestling, like NJPW.

It wouldn't be Kane that Incineroar would be based off of (he wouldn't have been anyway) but most likely Tiger Mask. (most likely both the wrestler and tha manga)

And it wouldn't be a Tiger Bomb to look out for, but a Tiger Suplex.

Well, now I have to start wondering if we're going to see moves like Rainmakers or One Winged Anglels. . . Shame I know almost nothing about Japanese pro wrestling of the Tiger Mask manga.

D

Deleted member

. . .something just occured to me that I probably should have thought of before.

Nintendo is a japanese company run by japanese people, therefore, Kane would probably not be based on WWE at all. If anything it would be based on JAPANESE wrestling, like NJPW.

It wouldn't be Kane that Incineroar would be based off of (he wouldn't have been anyway) but most likely Tiger Mask. (most likely both the wrestler and tha manga)

And it wouldn't be a Tiger Bomb to look out for, but a Tiger Suplex.

Well, now I have to start wondering if we're going to see moves like Rainmakers or One Winged Anglels. . . Shame I know almost nothing about Japanese pro wrestling of the Tiger Mask manga.
Considering Incineroar has some visual similarities to the heel wrestler Tiger the Dark from the newer Tiger Mask anime......

You are very likely on to something when it comes to a fighting style inspiration.

Implying Sakurai/the Smash team cares about the trifecta outside Pokémon Trainer's gimmick.

EDIT: A bit of correction; I'm not entirely sure Tiger the Dark is actually a heel, but then again, Japanese wrestling heels aren't like American wrestling heels from what I understand.

Overall, Incineroar being based off Tiger Mask, Tiger the Dark, and Black Tiger (the original heel counterpart to Tiger Mask) and using moves inspired by them would be very fitting.

Last edited by a moderator:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774

I wanted a proper Fire Lion cause Pyroar just doesn't cut it. I like Incineroar well enough, but mostly cause its NOT a Fighting type. Which it really looks like by design... still think it's the the best looking starter.

I really am bothered by this way of thinking and might just start to support Incineroar to counter all these owl expecting people. I really am bothered that JUST BECAUSE Decidueye is a Grass Type he's suddenly expected. It's not the type of element that made Charizard and Greninja playable, it was their design and their possible move sets (as well as Charizard having insane popularity). I doubt Decidueye will ever reach similar levels to those two. But Incineroar has some potential, even though I'll forever like Infernape and Blaziken more. I'd also take Sceptile every day of the week over Decidueye.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I really am bothered by this way of thinking and might just start to support Incineroar to counter all these owl expecting people. I really am bothered that JUST BECAUSE Decidueye is a Grass Type he's suddenly expected. It's not the type of element that made Charizard and Greninja playable, it was their design and their possible move sets (as well as Charizard having insane popularity). I doubt Decidueye will ever reach similar levels to those two. But Incineroar has some potential, even though I'll forever like Infernape and Blaziken more. I'd also take Sceptile every day of the week over Decidueye.
If we want to get technical, Charizard was added in Brawl for being a Fire type starter, but that's only because he was part of Pokémon Trainer, who was supposed to have ALL THREE starters for the type effectiveness gimmick between them. :V
That's literally the only time the trifecta mattered; when it was directly part of how a character works.

Considering the Trainer has been scrapped and Charizard was made solo without the whole "increased knockback from water-based attacks and decreased knockback from grass-based attacks" thing and Greninja doesn't have the same "increased knockback from grass-based attacks and decreased knockback from fire-based attacks" thing Squirtle had and that the "Grass" effect for moves (which was exclusively for that gimmick) has been scrapped as well despite a number of moves being plant-based in Smash 4 (the "Water" effect stayed because of the Blue Pikmin's immunity to it), it's safe to say that being Grass type has no bearing on Decidueye's odds regardless of what supporters may claim.

It was for that reason I was a firm believer that both Decidueye and Incineroar had equal shot, though neither were at the very TOP of the likely Pokémon from Sun/Moon. They both had the potential for an interesting and unique fighting style, but both lacked the promotional push outside of potential anime significance down the line.
....until the surprise reveal that Incineroar will play a role in the upcoming film as the rival's main Pokémon with Decidueye nowhere to be seen (at this point in time; things could change as more about the movie is known).
Due to how movies give Sakurai influence on Pokémon newcomers, that honestly pushes Incineroar ahead of Decidueye now in terms of chances. And given all the discussions and debates and arguments in regards to the two prior, that comes off as a bit ironic.

D

Deleted member

Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen
How's that moveset you were making coming along?

Don't forget to include a reference to Asian mist.
Its concept art shows it doing something like it.

EDIT: As well as a move where it smashes a table onto someone.

Those are staples in hardcore matches where people use weapons like chairs, tables, ladders, etc.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen
How's that moveset you were making coming along?

Don't forget to include a reference to Asian mist.
Its concept art shows it doing something like it.

EDIT: As well as a move where it smashes a table onto someone.

Those are staples in hardcore matches where people use weapons like chairs, tables, ladders, etc.
I uh...
Kinda forgot >.<
I'll try to get it done after my job interview tomorrow.

Also ofc I'll add a chair in the moveset despite it being unconventional

D

Deleted member

....geez, the more I look into things like illegal maneuvers and hardcore matches, the more I see that Incineroar has so much goddamn potential for a unique and creative fighting style. Like, I kinda saw it just by looking at the concept art, but I didn't realize that it was only scratching the surface at what can be done.

So it really saddens me that people are rather quick to discredit it just because of the Type and make claims that he'd be too similar to existing Smash characters or would provide nothing interesting, when that couldn't possibly be farther from the truth.

I uh...
Kinda forgot >.<
I'll try to get it done after my job interview tomorrow.

Also ofc I'll add a chair in the moveset despite it being unconventional
HOW DARE YOU?!
....jk. :p

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
....geez, the more I look into things like illegal maneuvers and hardcore matches, the more I see that Incineroar has so much goddamn potential for a unique and creative fighting style. Like, I kinda saw it just by looking at the concept art, but I didn't realize that it was only scratching the surface at what can be done.

So it really saddens me that people are rather quick to discredit it just because of the Type and make claims that he'd be too similar to existing Smash characters or would provide nothing interesting, when that couldn't possibly be farther from the truth.

HOW DARE YOU?!
....jk. :p
Get yourself a beautiful list of the illegal moves and tag me. In about 15 hours I should be able to think something up

D

Deleted member

Get yourself a beautiful list of the illegal moves and tag me. In about 15 hours I should be able to think something up
A number of them wouldn't be acceptable for Smash as they are inappropriate in nature (i.e. groin and breast attacks).

http://prowrestling.wikia.com/wiki/Wrestling_attacks#Illegal_attacks
Any that involve the ropes can't really be done either since there are no ropes to speak of.

I know there's more than these, though some I'm thinking of such as Incineroar's Throat Chop are apparently legal.

Also, here's hardcore wrestling to know what I'm talking about.
http://prowrestling.wikia.com/wiki/Hardcore_wrestling

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Maybe the nature of some of those kind of moves might be more acceptable for a Pokken Tournament port or Pokken 2? I dunno, but he'd might have as much (or more) potential to shine as a fighter there, though I didn't get to play the first one that much, so may not have the best idea.

Man Incineroar using an eye poke/rake or thr Green Mist must be even more painful than usual.

Eyepokes/rakes probably hurt already before you add claws into the mix

Plus green mist acid with the heat of a fire type. Ouch

if we get any chair shots i would be ecstatic. Plus i could make jokes about beowulf from skullgirls.

Kirbeh

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
Man Incineroar using an eye poke/rake or thr Green Mist must be even more painful than usual.

Eyepokes/rakes probably hurt already before you add claws into the mix

Plus green mist acid with the heat of a fire type. Ouch

if we get any chair shots i would be ecstatic. Plus i could make jokes about beowulf from skullgirls.
Now I want a Switch port of SG and Indivisible, though that'll sadly never happen...
Also glad that many of you know proper wrestling stuff, because characters like Beowulf are where my knowledge begins and ends.

Maybe the nature of some of those kind of moves might be more acceptable for a Pokken Tournament port or Pokken 2? I dunno, but he'd might have as much (or more) potential to shine as a fighter there, though I didn't get to play the first one that much, so may not have the best idea.
If a Pokken port/sequel happened I think Incineroar would be one of the frontrunners for that. He would be really fitting for that game, as well.

Then again, I though the same about Hawlucha...

Top Bottom