• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Buffalo Smasher Finder

shboke

Smash Journeyman
wahts that tourney called again? and colin hope u join haha if i do join if i go with you i am playing pichu to prove i can main her **go grabs controller and starts practicing SH with pichu**

S P I K E

Smash Ace
Dan, that tourney was all scrubs, and it got cancelled anyways. I could enter that one with Pichu and probably win... x_X; Exception being Tom, I'd switch to Samus for that match or something.

gameguy07

Smash Rookie
I don't live in NY but I live in Ft.Erie Canada, so im like 5 mins from NY. I'd love to get together with some peeps and have some fun playing. I play Shiek and thats about it. I'm just getting to use advanced techniques so I'm not great but I'm not too too horrible. I also have alot of family scattered throughtout NY.

Bobb (Dalton)-Shiek

S P I K E

Smash Ace
Hey, welcome, I won't be able to edit the list until later. If you're interested, I might try to have a get together at my house sometime this week. We'll see. Don't know if you'd be able to get down here or not. I could teach you what I know about the game at least. =)

gameguy07

Smash Rookie
Hey, I wouldnt mind lol, i probably wont be able to though. Not gonna be here this weekend.

Edit: I'm only 15 so that has problems all over the place lol

PikaPika!

Smash Ace
hopefully soon, =) i need some shiek lessons from a good shiek player(as you guys say)
The only people around here that play sheik would have to be either Mario Moonshine(Alexi) Gamefreak(Rick) or me(neil) Sorry if I left anyone out but I dont know of any other sheik players in WNY.

S P I K E

Smash Ace
Kijitow(Adam) plays Sheik too... I believe. I can get you started Dan, but you really won't get good with Sheik by taking lessons from me. I can just introduce you to a few techniques and combo's.

Iceburgh

Smash Journeyman
Hey you guys in buffalo a friend of mine posted this on the Soul Calibur forums you all might be interested in showing up and getting some new smashers from your area if you dont already know about itI just copied and pasted it.

Hey guys, you should really attend these, to find more potential comp in the games you like. Remember, you may not like the games their playing, but these ppl often think they are good at every game, or "have friends" that "could beat you" in whatever game you bring up. This is the best way to draw them out:

You are receiving this e-mail because you signed up for the OGS
(CMUOGS.org) mailing list. To unsubscribe, please e-mail tni@andrew. >

--HALO 1 TOURNAMENT - CASH PRIZE $500--

We'll be having a Halo 1 tournament October 27th.

There is no entrance fee, but you must register your team of three. To register
please email me at tni@andrew, with the names of your team captain, team
captain's email, and member list.

DAY/TIME: Friday Oct. 27 from 6pm til midnight

FORMAT: 3 vs. 3, Team Slayer up to 50. Tentatively Swiss-style, (about 4-5
rounds and then Semi-finals and finals).

MAPS: Chill Out - Hang em High - Derelict
Additional Semi-finals/Finals Maps: Battle Creek - Blood Gulch - Prisoner

PRIZE: $500 prize to the 1st place winners.

--SUPER SMASH BROS. MELEE TOURNAMENT--

We have a tentatively scheduled SSBM 1v1 and 2v2 double elimination tournament
scheduled. Here are the details as of now:

DAY: Saturday, October 21st
TIME: Doors at 1:00PM, Tourney Begins at 2:00PM *sharp*
COST: Free to everyone who wants to play!
TYPE: 2v2 Double Elimination, 1v1 Double Elimination
RULES: Best 2 out of 3 games, no items, certain levels not allowed (will be
specified at event).

PRIZE: TENTATIVELY -- Additional raffle tickets for a Nintendo Wii giveaway!

--Other Tournaments--

We will be planning other tournaments. Please let me know if you are interested
in some other games for tournaments: DotA, Street Figher Third Strike, etc. I
will be having a general game preference survey come out this week.

--Other Notices--

For anyone interested in Lineage 2(www.lineage2.com), a PvP based game revolving
around a player-run economy, castle sieges, raiding and clan warfare:

Please email me at OGS.Remix at gmail.com (AIM: dchen826). If you play with us,
we will make your game as enjoyable as possible. The number of free trial codes
is limited, so email quickly.

------------------

Travis Iwanaga
CMU OGS President

Iceburgh

Smash Journeyman
lol this has been posted for weeks but i only check their maybe every month or 2 since i dont have a PS2 or SC3.Didnt even realize that the date is for tommorow lol.And its a Wii giveaway... what could be more important?

Scnd

Smash Cadet
1000 am, we normally get everyone in by 11, i want to start up everything/signups over by 1200

falco freak

Smash Journeyman
whos gonna enter the singles bracket tommorow? i think i might (I dont plan on winning though)

shboke

Smash Journeyman
good job, i sucked i need a new main or massive sheik training, good playing with you all, falco freak i wanna play u again

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
So yeah I have absolutely no idea if I got to play any of you guys at CJ's. I just kinda wondered around playing pick up matches, but I mostly stuck with mario mooshine (marx), ryu, ace and LH1. I didn't enter the bracket (yeah I'm a poor high school kid with no job =P) but I still had a blast.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hmmm, looks familiar. You play Falco right? Not that that helps very much since I played like 5 Falcos lol. Well, I don't know if this info helps any but I primarily played Fox, and some ICs. I was wearing a black hoody that said "Who are you?" on the front and Nintendo on the left sleeve in white weird font letters. I also brought my own GCN which I set up on the TV in the back corner for a little bit before it was replaced for the team tourny. (the P4 controller slot is defective, I need a Wii! :laugh: )

shboke

Smash Journeyman
i played falco maybe i played falco vs u cuz it falco dittos are fun. i main sheik(about to stop) and mario, i remember someone in a black hoodie, and i remember play IC i pretty sure we played a few match cuz i think i played sheik against ur IC and mario

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hmmm well, I didn't play any Falco dittos, I only played Falco once the entire time in a FFA. Well if you mained sheik I remember playing against someone on that small TV outside of the party room 1v1 my fox vs. his sheik. I might have played him again using ICs but I cant remember honestly. I only played against Mario a few times in like FFAs or teams matches, never 1v1, and I myself only used mario once in an FFA. :dizzy: This really starting to get more confusing than it needs to be lol. Next time I'm definately using tags. :laugh:

shoklan

Smash Journeyman
I wish I had gotten to go. Unfortunatly I cannot drive yet (but it wouldn't help since I don't have a car either).

Were there really that many Falcos? Looks like I've have to kick it up a notch to stand out from all the other Falco's lol. Shoklan needs practice. Who wants to go a few rounds with me sometime soon?

S P I K E

Smash Ace
Maybe I'll have a smashfest at my house this Saturday... perhaps some MM's, perhaps a mini- tournament... WHo is interested?

EDIT: Friday, Saturday or Sunday... Whichever. Let me know so I can make my plans for the weekend. I don't practice on my own really so, it'd be good.

Top Bottom