• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Bubble Man's Jacuzzi (Mega Man Social Thread)

Mythzotick

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SKY1ice
3DS FC
2724-0959-8115
Something interesting take note of.
Being 19th sounds reasonable, but I still think that Mega Man is better than a decent amount of the characters above him in ZeRo's "personal" tier list. However, what he did say when he talked about Mega Man leads me to believe that he thinks he could be higher, but it's to be determined.

The problem that I have with people that think Mega Man isn't that good is because "nobody" plays him or "Oh, you play Mega Man? I'll go Shiek." so he doesn't get results etc. "Nobody" plays him because he is so much more technical and demanding than your typical "brain dead" character. As for Shiek, Kamemushi has beaten RAIN and Nietono who are both considered to be top 5 in Japan and play Shiek. That mu is doable to a certain extent; it's just not in our favor. Also...

He can't kill? Garbage.
Half of his moves are projectiles? Let me grab Fox real quick, hold down-b, and take a nap.
He isn't a super fast and combo heavy character? I think I'd rather watch paint dry as that is more fun than this.
He plays to not get hit by spamming lemons, metal blades and leaf shield? What a *****.
Why are 3 of his moves the exact same?! It makes no sense to play a character that has less moves than everybody else.
He's a Samus clone; has an arm canon.
He's a Kirby clone; he copies his enemies' powers.
He's a Sonic clone; all blue and uses a spring to recover.
He's a Ryu clone; has a hadouken and a shoryuken.
He's a Cloud clone; has a slide.
He's a R.O.B. clone; is a robot.
He's a Pac-Man clone; has "Man" in his name.
He's a Mario clone. I mean he looks exactly like him and he also sacrifices animals to get wherever he wants. ******* *******.
Why is "Mega Man" legal in tournaments? Mega Charizard, Mega Lucario, and Mega Mewtwo aren't legal; so why should Mega Man be? It's not fair man.
Another ******* Fire Emblem character?! (His fair is a sword made of fire) Do we really need another anime waifu swordsman that all play exactly the same?! Thanks Sakurai! I r8 8/8 m8.

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Mighty #9 is out in less than a week, so I'm curious to hear some Mega Man fan opinions regarding it. I'm kind of on the edge about making it a Day/Week 1 purchase.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I did a little research on what Mighty #9 is and it sounds like it plays a lot like the Mega Man games, which is pretty interesting. I don't know if I'm gonna get it though but if I am, then I'm probably gonna get it for either the PS4 or Wii U.

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
My excitement died after the endless series of delays and all the controversy behind it, as well as that awful trailer that was just released. I'm still getting the game, but it's not starting off at the best of first impressions.

Mythzotick

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SKY1ice
3DS FC
2724-0959-8115
When I first heard about Mighty No. 9, I was so hyped and couldn't wait to get the game. Then we got a crazy, manipulative, unprofessional, and completely dishonest feminist for a community manager. Then we saw gameplay footage for the first time which caused a mixed reaction. Then Keiji Inafune asked for another campaign funding for voice acting which then lead to people including myself questioning him. Then Comcept partnered up with publisher Deep Silver, who is mainly responsible for most of the delays and for that pathetic excuse of a trailer which now has almost 1,000,000 views and has a dislike to like ratio that is almost 90%. 0_0

I gave this game plenty of chances and I wanted to remain optimistic even when people were starting to say that this game was trash, but I eventually grew tired of the wait and "criticism" that this game has received thus far. As of right now, I don't plan on getting the game (good thing I didn't backed this game :p). But if I do, it won't be for quite some time as there are other games I'm more interested in getting.:facepalm:

EDIT: Does anyone have any personal favorite songs from Mighty No. 9 that they like to listen to? Mine are in no particular order...

Oil Platform
Avi's News Report
Desolate Highway
Capitol Building
Allies Obstruct
Trinity
Prison

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Well now that I've heard about this mixed reaction about Mighty #9, I'm pretty hesitant to get it now. I'll just wait until after it comes out and see what everyone else thinks.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Yeah I guess it's going to be another "wait until reviews come in" type game. Regardless based on gameplay I don't think it'll give me my Mega Man fix in a similar fashion to Azure Striker Gunvolt (not that that makes it a bad game automatically).

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
If it has some good reviews, then I might consider it. If not, then I'll just forget about it.

Funkermonster

The Clown
NNID
Funkermonster
3DS FC
3308-4834-0412
Wasn't too interested in Mighty No. 9 to start with but judging by its reviews this looks... disappointing at best. Feel sorry for the people who backed it. It hurts even more when you remember that 4 million bucks was spent on this disappointment..

Someone else might be deviously happy tho lol

Last edited:

Klopsiak

Smash Rookie
NNID
Resetor
I guess Mighty No.9 will be great to play for hardcore Mega Man fans,but it won't be as great for non-Mega Man fanbase...
Of course i wish them luck,but I REALLY hope that it won't make any new excuses for Capcom(to not create new Mega Man games"because players don't care about Mega Man") if Mighty fails.

Last edited:

Mythzotick

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SKY1ice
3DS FC
2724-0959-8115
Just looked at the Aggregate and Review scores for Mighty No. 9 and they certainly don't look pretty to say the least. Most of the scores of the game so far range between 5-6/10 with the highest that I've seen thus far is 6.5/10. Most of the reasons why they gave this game such a mediocre score are what you'd expect such as "Charmless and full of poorly-executed ideas, Mighty No. 9 fails to entertain despite it's legendary pedigree." and "Unfortunately, none of the familiar content is as stylistic or lively as it once was. Mega Man's characters and artwork were consistent and unified; Comcept's take is largely pedestrian." How lovely. :facepalm:

Look Keiji, instead of going around making announcements for tv shows, movies, manga, and 2 more kickstarters for Red Ash (one for the game and another for an anime to tie in to that game) while you haven't even finished the game you're still working on, you should...you know... FINISH THE GAME AND MAKE SURE IT IS WORTH IT TO YOUR FANS AND FOR ANYONE ELSE THAT MAY WANT TO TRY IT OUT PLEASE!

I would also advise you to not bite the hand that feeds you as your fans gave you over 4,000,000 dollars when you ended up lying and betraying them, ask for more money, and produced a game that doesn't even look like 100,000 dollars was put into it. If it doesn't hurt now, it definitely will in the future when people now know not to trust you and won't buy your games.

Then again, if you look at Comcept's history on previous games that they have worked on and see how mediocre most of them are including how awful Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z is, it's not wonder Mighty No. 9 suffered. Comcept just isn't a company that is cut out to make great and memorable games as well as being unable to establish a relationship with the consumer.

One can only imagine what Capcom thinks of the situation.

Last edited:

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
Just looked at the Aggregate and Review scores for Mighty No. 9 and they certainly don't look pretty to say the least. Most of the scores of the game so far range between 5-6/10 with the highest that I've seen thus far is 6.5/10. Most of the reasons why they gave this game such a mediocre score are what you'd expect such as "Charmless and full of poorly-executed ideas, Mighty No. 9 fails to entertain despite it's legendary pedigree." and "Unfortunately, none of the familiar content is as stylistic or lively as it once was. Mega Man's characters and artwork were consistent and unified; Comcept's take is largely pedestrian." How lovely. :facepalm:

Look Keiji, instead of going around making announcements for tv shows, movies, manga, and 2 more kickstarters for Red Ash (one for the game and another for an anime to tie in to that game) while you haven't even finished the game you're still working on, you should...you know... FINISH THE GAME AND MAKE SURE IT IS WORTH IT TO YOUR FANS AND FOR ANYONE ELSE THAT MAY WANT TO TRY IT OUT PLEASE!

I would also advise you to not bite the hand that feeds you as your fans gave you over 4,000,000 dollars when you ended up lying and betraying them, ask for more money, and produced a game that doesn't even look like 100,000 dollars was put into it. If it doesn't hurt now, it definitely will in the future when people now know not to trust you and won't buy your games.

Then again, if you look at Comcept's history on previous games that they have worked on and see how mediocre most of them are including how awful Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z is, it's not wonder Mighty No. 9 suffered. Comcept just isn't a company that is cut out to make great and memorable games as well as being unable to establish a relationship with the consumer.

One can only imagine what Capcom thinks of the situation.
I lost faith in Kenji. I used to see him as a visionary and a man who was full of passion, but now I see him as nothing more than someone who just wants to milk everything until nobody cares about it anymore. Mighty Number 9 should have been legendary; it should have been THE game that brought the 2D platformer back into the main stream, but seeing it get average reception, after all the money that was donated to it and all of the seemingly endless controversy surrounding it, MN9 will go down as the one of the biggest disappointments in video game history and feels like a slap to the face to anyone who had faith in this.
**** you, Inafune. Your name means nothing to me beyond broken promises and dreams.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Sooooo anybody here actually play the full thing yet? Development hell or no I'm getting it, though I need some cash first. And maybe the Wii U version issues being smoothed out if they're still a thing.

I actually don't know a whole lot about the actual game at the moment... Mostly I've been ignoring gameplay deets because this is something I want to come in on fresh. I do know that it's built like MMZ and ASGV where ultimately you're going to want to go for high ranks, so the basic concept is definitely something I'm interested in.

I'm well aware of MN9's shortcomings in management and I don't care if the game's good. I also don't care about lawnchair observations from watching reviewers who can barely hold the controller or shallow opinions from one try of a demo from months ago. I want opinions from somebody who's put in some time and has actually played the game.

Diamond Octobot

Smash Ace
NNID
Poyo97
3DS FC
2621-3110-7917
You can watch some runs of the game if you want to get a 1st feel... CalebHart has already finished it :p (look at his Twitch channel)

And no, I can't give any opinion because no backing and Europe gets it later (I guess...)

Edit : After watching some people play the game, I have to say that it isn't THAT bad. It's not the great game we were waiting for, but it is still a good one. In fact, that might be it's main flaw : it is average :ohwell: . The level design isn't great, and some weapons are nearly useless... Althrough the same happens in every Mega Man game. But the game has some solid music, and trying to go fast in every level can be really interesting.

I don't know how much the Ray DLC costs, but with the console version being 25 bucks, I might let myself try it...

If I don't fall to the dark side :evil:

Last edited:

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Just some thoughts after looking around...

As a diehard Megaman fan Mighty no. 9 looks alright from watching people play. Basic gameplay works and seems fun, music and designs are cool, and the actual voice acting is good. The only problem with the dialog is that it's "spammy" for a lack of a better word. Like Cryo and her PEWPEWPEWPEW the entire fight. Japan likes it cheesy and hot-blooded where every attack is called out, but overseas... Things like this are why we have localizations with tons of small changes. Myself I don't think it really hurts the game. We've sat through it since X4 anyway...

The 3D art style is good, almost like DKCR... In boss rooms and the first screen of most stages. The problem is that the middle of most stages have very basic and bland backgrounds. If that could of stuck through every part of every stage I wouldn't have any complaints. I also don't get why the big explosions look the way they do or why the characters don't move their lips.

Stages and bosses look fun, but really difficult. Nothing really stands out as bad at least. Replay value seems to be there, wouldn't really know until I get ahold of it.

If this was just some indie it wouldn't of been panned so bad. But it isn't. It claimed to be the second coming of Megaman and fell short. I can understand the the complaints about the development hell but it's really your own fault if you donated money to it... As a game by itself it's alright. It's Mighty no. "just fine." No way it's as bad as X5, X6 or X7... More Megaman and Bass.

I honestly think a sequel could go a long ways, though I don't intend on giving any money until we have a finished project either. I'll buy Mighty no. 9 and hope for something better, but if we don't get it I won't be surprised either.

Mythzotick

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SKY1ice
3DS FC
2724-0959-8115
My biggest issues with Mighty No. 9 aside from the reputation it has received is how dull and lifeless it looks and how annoying the gameplay is. Where's the color? Where's the pulse? What does this game want to be? These are all questions that I never had with the Classic and X games.

Look at how vivid, colorful, and detailed the NES Classic Mega Man games look (especially 5 and 6). They almost give you the feel that you're inside the game. The gameplay too is also exciting, simple, addicting, and satisfying. Having a simple plan of having extremely tight and flexible controls in the form of walking, jumping, and shooting to start off with to then gaining more weapons, E-tanks, Rush, Beat, Eddie etc on top off having fun and well designed levels and boss fights for the most part can led to an amazing experience for the player. Then the SNES X games took it to another level when they added dashing, wall jumping, and exploration in the from of finding armor upgrades, heart tanks, and sub tanks. Mighty No. 9's gameplay on the other hand "thinks it wants to" center around stunning, and absorbing enemies by dashing into them as fast as possible so you can get the best score you can possibly get. Simply killing them by only shooting them no longer feels satisfying at least to me as you don't get rewarded that way and it takes a lot longer to kill a common enemy compared to Mega Man.

I can't exactly say too much on the levels yet, but I will say for the bosses that having to dash into the bosses after shooting them in a certain time or else they regenerate some of their health back buffers my point on how I feel about Mighty No. 9's gameplay to this date.

No way it's as bad as X5, X6 or X7... More Megaman and Bass.
While Mighty No. 9 may not be as bad as X6 or X7, I completely disagree on X5 being worse than Mighty No. 9. The only major flaws that I can think of for X5 are some of the difficulty spikes and Alia doesn't shut the **** up. I know when it comes to something like games where people's take can be subjective, but there are comparisons where it is crystal clear that one game is better than the other.

I lost faith in Kenji. I used to see him as a visionary and a man who was full of passion, but now I see him as nothing more than someone who just wants to milk everything until nobody cares about it anymore.
Hideki Kamiya is a prophet. https://twitter.com/pg_kamiya/status/249735186936369153

Last edited:

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
My biggest issues with Mighty No. 9 aside from the reputation it has received is how dull and lifeless it looks and how annoying the gameplay is. Where's the color? Where's the pulse? What does this game want to be? These are all questions that I never had with the Classic and X games.

Look at how vivid, colorful, and detailed the NES Classic Mega Man games look (especially 5 and 6). They almost give you the feel that you're inside the game. The gameplay too is also exciting, simple, addicting, and satisfying. Having a simple plan of having extremely tight and flexible controls in the form of walking, jumping, and shooting to start off with to then gaining more weapons, E-tanks, Rush, Beat, Eddie etc on top off having fun and well designed levels and boss fights for the most part can led to an amazing experience for the player. Then the SNES X games took it to another level when they added dashing, wall jumping, and exploration in the from of finding armor upgrades, heart tanks, and sub tanks. Mighty No. 9's gameplay on the other hand "thinks it wants to" center around stunning, and absorbing enemies by dashing into them as fast as possible so you can get the best score you can possibly get. Simply killing them by only shooting them no longer feels satisfying at least to me as you don't get rewarded that way and it takes a lot longer to kill a common enemy compared to Mega Man.

I can't exactly say too much on the levels yet, but I will say for the bosses that having to dash into the bosses after shooting them in a certain time or else they regenerate some of their health back buffers my point on how I feel about Mighty No. 9's gameplay to this date.

While Mighty No. 9 may not be as bad as X6 or X7, I completely disagree on X5 being worse than Mighty No. 9. The only major flaws that I can think of for X5 are some of the difficulty spikes and Alia doesn't shut the **** up. I know when it comes to something like games where people's take can be subjective, but there are comparisons where it is crystal clear that one game is better than the other.
The enemies, bosses and characters have nice designs and are plenty colorful. Just the backgrounds...

I like the whole shooting then dashing thing because it encourages interaction with basic enemies. It's a one-two punch not unlike Gunvolt's shooting and shocking, or Copen's reversed mechanic where you need to dash into an enemy then shoot. It adds a layer of depth to the genre that never really evolved past "don't die" and "go fast." I mean really... Basic enemies never posed too much of a challenge unless combined with spikes or pits, especially since after two or three stages you have enough of an arsenal to destroy everything as it comes on screen.

MN9's system also encourages more interaction with bosses. In Megaman you'd only ever want to stay as far away as possible, how far depending on the weapon. MN9 wants you to stay away until the last second and dash into them. Some are hard to get in on, while others are just absurdly strong up close.

Eh... I haven't played X5 or X6 in forever and played them back-to-back originally so I don't entirely remember what's what, but I believe it had the same weird equipment system where you had to save reploids from things that kill them in seconds, some gimmick involving a cannon and rocket that could kill Zero depending on the random outcome and change the story, and then the X vs. Zero fight was poorly forced in most outcomes. The whole game was pretty blah and forgettable... Honestly I remember X6 better because of all the insta death and the kaizo level difficulty. MN9 at least looks fun to replay.

Mythzotick

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SKY1ice
3DS FC
2724-0959-8115
The enemies, bosses and characters have nice designs and are plenty colorful. Just the backgrounds...

I like the whole shooting then dashing thing because it encourages interaction with basic enemies. It's a one-two punch not unlike Gunvolt's shooting and shocking, or Copen's reversed mechanic where you need to dash into an enemy then shoot. It adds a layer of depth to the genre that never really evolved past "don't die" and "go fast." I mean really... Basic enemies never posed too much of a challenge unless combined with spikes or pits, especially since after two or three stages you have enough of an arsenal to destroy everything as it comes on screen.

MN9's system also encourages more interaction with bosses. In Megaman you'd only ever want to stay as far away as possible, how far depending on the weapon. MN9 wants you to stay away until the last second and dash into them. Some are hard to get in on, while others are just absurdly strong up close.

Eh... I haven't played X5 or X6 in forever and played them back-to-back originally so I don't entirely remember what's what, but I believe it had the same weird equipment system where you had to save reploids from things that kill them in seconds, some gimmick involving a cannon and rocket that could kill Zero depending on the random outcome and change the story, and then the X vs. Zero fight was poorly forced in most outcomes. The whole game was pretty blah and forgettable... Honestly I remember X6 better because of all the insta death and the kaizo level difficulty. MN9 at least looks fun to replay.
After watching a lot more gameplay of Mighty No. 9, the more I think that this game is just "average" and gets WAY TOO MUCH hate for what it is. Don't get me wrong; I still don't think this game is spectacular or anything. However, if you DARE say that you like the game or you think the graphics look good etc., you'll get blasted from very angry/disappointed fans or by people that hopped on the hatewagon because it's the cool thing to do I suppose.

Yes, backers have a right to be outraged as Comcept handled the situation extremely poorly, but the game still has SOME nice things and it isn't "The worst game ever made." I mean, it's better than nothing right? He he. :smirk:

Some of the characters do have really cool designs like Mighty No. 2 (playful personality) and Mighty No. 8 (awesome voice); Mighty No. 7 looks ******* bad*** and is my personal favorite of the bunch (too bad his voice sucks or at least his english one does and doesn't match his design at all). For the most part though, the character designs overall I find to be decent. Also, spoilers for Trinity.
Trinity's normal form looks like she is Dr. Wily's long lost granddaughter.

The only thing colorful about the game is the artwork. Everyone looks so good and full of life. That was what Comcept should have went for to present their game instead of settling for an extremely dull and unclear 2.5d look.

The shooting and dashing mechanic can be fun if done right, but most of the level designs in the game kind of prevent you from doing that. Having to stop in order to wait for a moving platform/car, or having bad enemy placement goes against that. There is one point in Mighty No. 3's stage where it completely throws that out of the window and I think we all know what part I'm referring to if you have seen/played that part of the game.

Mighty No. 9's system does encourage you to interact with the bosses a lot more than in Mega Man. But once the boss is at a point where you can now dash into them after doing enough damage to them, you have to dash into them as quickly as possible or else their health will regenerate if you're not quick enough. Mighty No. 2 and 6's boss fights are the biggest offenders of this.

I'm not the biggest fan of X5, but I do remember having fun playing that game and I should revisit it sometime in the future. X6 on the other hand is kind of garbage. The 2 main reasons that made me stopped playing that game were the nightmare system gimmicks and how atrocious the level design was. Besides the graphics which don't really count since there the same as X4 and X5 (which are good), the only awesome thing about X6 is the soundtrack. Almost all of the boss themes in X6 are some of my favorite boss themes in the X series and Blaze Heatnix's theme is in my top 10 or maybe even top 5 favorite themes in the entire X series.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I still have absolutely no plans to waste my hard ass working money on a game almost nobody cares about. Even though I'm rich.

Last edited:

Mythzotick

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SKY1ice
3DS FC
2724-0959-8115
I think it's more of that almost nobody likes the game as oppose to almost nobody giving a **** about it. There are a lot of people who do seem to care about it; just not in the kind that is a good kind and more of a hate kind.

Bottom line; I don't think this game is good or even kind of good, but it's NOT terrible like so many people out there seem to claim it to be. It's just...meh from what I've seen.

I still don't plan on getting the game and the only way I would play it is if someone gets it for me as a gift which I doubt will happen. If anyone out there that is still excited/curious and plans on getting it or has it but hasn't played it yet, I hope you enjoy it and find it to be worth the price and time you spend on it. Just please keep your expectations low, or else it's more than likely you'll be left disappointed like the majority of us are.

On a more upbeat note. this is what Abandoned Memory (Wily Stage 1) from Mega Man 10 would sound like if it was on a SNES Mega Man X game and it is absolute ear candy to listen to.

How fitting too that the roman numeral form of 10 is X.

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
I think it's more of that almost nobody likes the game as oppose to almost nobody giving a **** about it. There are a lot of people who do seem to care about it; just not in the kind that is a good kind and more of a hate kind.

Bottom line; I don't think this game is good or even kind of good, but it's NOT terrible like so many people out there seem to claim it to be. It's just...meh from what I've seen.

I still don't plan on getting the game and the only way I would play it is if someone gets it for me as a gift which I doubt will happen. If anyone out there that is still excited/curious and plans on getting it or has it but hasn't played it yet, I hope you enjoy it and find it to be worth the price and time you spend on it. Just please keep your expectations low, or else it's more than likely you'll be left disappointed like the majority of us are.

On a more upbeat note. this is what Abandoned Memory (Wily Stage 1) from Mega Man 10 would sound like if it was on a SNES Mega Man X game and it is absolute ear candy to listen to.

How fitting too that the roman numeral form of 10 is X.
Think about it this way: After all the numerous delays, drama behind the scenes, and all the mismanagement that went into this project, as well as having nearly 70,000 people donate to the project, it better deliver, and people aren't going to be merciful if it doesn't meet their expectations.

Mythzotick

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SKY1ice
3DS FC
2724-0959-8115
Don't forget that there were different tiers for how much you pledged for the game. Some gave out hundreds, even thousands just to give this game the green light. Not 1, but 4 people went as far as to give out 10k and what was the reward for this you might ask? Why to have dinner with the man, Con Man himself of course.

I guess the 2 big reasons why I'm not outraged like the backers are because I didn't back nor did I pre-order the game, and I've been left hanging dry far too many times by Capcom canceling games and trolling their fans so it's something that I'm used to already. Still frustrating though I'll say that much at least.

Speaking of trolls moves, iirc, Capcom originally wanted good old Classic Mega Man in SFxT and guess who's idea was it to have Bad Box Art Mega Man instead? Yep, it was Keiji Inafune's idea.

4 million dollars.

Last edited:

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
Don't forget that there were different tiers for how much you pledged for the game. Some gave out hundreds, even thousands just to give this game the green light. Not 1, but 4 people went as far as to give out 10k and what was the reward for this you might ask? Why to have dinner with the man, Con Man himself of course.

I guess the 2 big reasons why I'm not outraged like the backers are because I didn't back nor did I pre-order the game, and I've been left hanging dry far too many times by Capcom canceling games and trolling their fans so it's something that I'm used to already. Still frustrating though I'll say that much at least.

Speaking of trolls moves, iirc, Capcom originally wanted good old Classic Mega Man in SFxT and guess who's idea was it to have Bad Box Art Mega Man instead? Yep, it was Keiji Inafune's idea.

4 million dollars.
As a joke, I don't mind that Bad Box Art Mega Man is part of Street Fighter X Tekken. If anything, it's part of Mega Man's legacy because of how bad that box art is.
However, Inafune let a lot of people down, and he has a lot to do if he wants to make up for this disappointment.

Mythzotick

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SKY1ice
3DS FC
2724-0959-8115
Well, since EVO 2016 is right around the corner and Mega Stars such as ScAtt and Kamemushi will be in it, I feel like now would perhaps be a good time to talk about it. Here are the bracket index and the brackets that both guys are in.

http://evo2016.s3.amazonaws.com/brackets/index.html
http://evo2016.s3.amazonaws.com/brackets/ssb4_a508.html
http://evo2016.s3.amazonaws.com/brackets/ssb4_f523.html

So, does anyone have any predictions on what'll happen? I'm bold and optimistic enough to say that they'll both go really deep and will probably show us some new tricks and techniques that'll bring out some hype moments. Also...

How did ScAtt managed to get into EVO when wii remote & nun chucks are banned? Did they make an exception or is he going to use a different controller?

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
@mightyno9 stuff: I finally picked it up and it's alright. Better than the worst of the series but worst than the best of the series. It's pretty much Powered Up! on consoles IMO. The potential is there, I think, for a series but it needs to do more to help differentiate itself and show more polish.

Inafune was never involved in any programming and is pretty much just an artist & businessman, so I blame Inafune for his poor management more than anything. It's pretty unrealistic to have tried to release the game for so many systems at once as well as trying to launch it with most of the extra modes. Delaying the game for certain systems and releasing content slowly would have probably been a better way to go about things, especially since it would have raised interest in the game for the long term. Shovel Knight is still working on their kickstarter promises for what will most likely be 3 years after it originally released.

I have a lot more confidence in Red Ash given this recent disaster and that it won't release on every system under the sun, but the trust has been destroyed. In hindsight, I'm kind of surprised Inafune didn't take make it his first game under his new company like Hideo Kojima is doing.

Funkermonster

The Clown
NNID
Funkermonster
3DS FC
3308-4834-0412
Just as I was about to give up, I FINALLY pulled off the Kamemushi combo! After more attempts with it, it seems like I can do it somewhat consistently about 3 times out of 5, some characters more than others (for some reason I find it hardest to do it on Marth, footstooling him twice tends to plop him behind me without letting me do the lemon jab lock, I dunno why). I was so excited I labbed it for around 30 whole minutes and Ijust had to try and test it in For Glory, and unfortunately I couldn't pull it off in a real match (though I still won every match I played overall). Maybe it was lag or I'm just not comfortable with it yet, but I think I'm gonna lab this a little more until I can put this to work in the heat of battle. If I could pull it off in a tournament and scare the **** outta my friends (especially if it were to be on stream), I could die happy...

Anyhoo, spent some time playing a few of the GB Mega Man games 3 and 4, and with 4 particularly I find myself pleasantly surprised...

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
Just as I was about to give up, I FINALLY pulled off the Kamemushi combo! After more attempts with it, it seems like I can do it somewhat consistently about 3 times out of 5, some characters more than others (for some reason I find it hardest to do it on Marth, footstooling him twice tends to plop him behind me without letting me do the lemon jab lock, I dunno why). I was so excited I labbed it for around 30 whole minutes and Ijust had to try and test it in For Glory, and unfortunately I couldn't pull it off in a real match (though I still won every match I played overall). Maybe it was lag or I'm just not comfortable with it yet, but I think I'm gonna lab this a little more until I can put this to work in the heat of battle. If I could pull it off in a tournament and scare the **** outta my friends (especially if it were to be on stream), I could die happy...

Anyhoo, spent some time playing a few of the GB Mega Man games 3 and 4, and with 4 particularly I find myself pleasantly surprised...
World 4 (the Japanese name for Mega Man 4 GB), and World 5 are the best Mega Man Game Boy games. If you want to play any of the GB MM games, I recommend those two.

Mythzotick

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SKY1ice
3DS FC
2724-0959-8115
I'm not kidding when I say this but, Mega Man V aka Mega Man World 5 for the gameboy is one of my favorite games in the Classic series.

Unlike the first 4 gb games, not only does this one not reuse previous robot masters for its' starting lineup, but it instead has the stardroids and the first one you encounter whose name is Terra is pretty much Raditz from DBZ except 100x cooler. :grin:

Speaking of the stardroids, all of them except for one are named after planets including Terra, which is earth in latin and almost all of them have some pretty cool looking designs and having some unique weapons.

For a gb game, the music is nothing short of high quality with my favorites being the opening, title, Mercury, weapon get, Sunstar, and my personal favorite atm is Pluto's theme. My only nitpick with the music though is that there are 2 or 3 songs that sound too similar.

Another + for me is that this game has all sorts of goodies excluding the weapons that you can get by just playing the game or buying them from the item shop. On top of that, the game has a power generator which you can get by finding 4 crystals from Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, and Pluto's stages and it halves your weapon energy. Last but not least, you get a new robot animal buddy named Tango, who is a robot cat and pretty much just spin dashes like Sonic the Hedgehog.

You get to see the blue bomber grow as a character from at the beginning when he got his *** whopped by Terra to the end beating a robot equivalent of a god being Sunstar and offering to help him after defeating him. Sunstar questions Mega Man why he would help him and he of course does it because he believes humans and robots can live in peace together. Moments later, Sunstar tells Mega Man to leave the Wily Star (Death Star. Death Egg. Wily Star. WILY EGG!!) because his fusion reactor is going critical; which ends up destroying an entire planet sized space station.

I just love how original this one feels compared to not only the other 4 Mega Man games on gb, but also the other classic games as well. If you haven't played this one yet and you enjoy the other MM gb games, I think you'll enjoy this one for sure. :)

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Haven't played the classic Mega Man games on the Game Boy. I don't think I'll ever will since I haven't been using my 3DS much these days besides Smash, Fire Emblem Fates and, of course, Mega Man Legacy Collection.

And speaking of the Legacy Collection, I have not beaten Mega Man 1 and 2 because I didn't like that you have to fight the same bosses all over again before getting to Dr. Wily himself. I mean fighting and beating their asses the first time was tedious enough. Why do I have to go through all that again?

CopShowGuy

Smash Ace
NNID
CopShowGuy
3DS FC
0430-8285-4172
And speaking of the Legacy Collection, I have not beaten Mega Man 1 and 2 because I didn't like that you have to fight the same bosses all over again before getting to Dr. Wily himself. I mean fighting and beating their ***** the first time was tedious enough. Why do I have to go through all that again?
You have to do that in every Mega Man game.

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
You have to do that in every Mega Man game.
Yeah, not to mention, you could make it easier on yourself by using their weakness. It's usually over pretty quickly, so I don't see the big issue with having to refight them. Unless you're talking about X5... oi.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
It's still bull****. I might as well just play through each boss level and move on to the next game then.

Diamond Octobot

Smash Ace
NNID
Poyo97
3DS FC
2621-3110-7917
Well, this happened I guess. thank you based FelixFaction for giving Charge Shot a chance.

Charge Shot Mix-Up feat. Diag.-Up Metal Blade
https://youtu.be/rQUO9VBzBLY

Btw, this year's SGDQ was insane. Between MMZXA, Sword of Mana's original game on the OG Game Boy & an insane Tetris block, we had the hypest Pepsiman run ever. Seriously, if I find one version that was recorded with the chat, expect me to watch it AT LEAST 10 times XD

CopShowGuy

Smash Ace
NNID
CopShowGuy
3DS FC
0430-8285-4172
Well, this happened I guess. thank you based FelixFaction for giving Charge Shot a chance.

Charge Shot Mix-Up feat. Diag.-Up Metal Blade
https://youtu.be/rQUO9VBzBLY
I've always been about trapping people into Fsmash situations. I've had some luck with ledge get up punishes and air dodge bait punishes, but that way seems to be much safer to set up.

Top Bottom