• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Britches and Hose Mafia - Game Over!

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
I was defensive, yes. However I will never see what you saw felipe, as we analyze in completely different ways. Both were evidently wrong this game.
Yeah xDDD The problem is we both came to good conclusion, but we disregarded them because they were too unlikely (Adum tracker and indy swiss for example, but we didnt believe in them)

John2k4

The End of an Era
Alright.
What have I learned:

A lot as scum, since this was my first scum game. Be more active, and "be a townie".
Not to replace into games. No offense to anyone here, but this is my first replace-in game, and it just didn't work for me (I couldn't "attach" myself to the game, so to speak).

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Depending on the set-up, two town RB'ers is possible - albeit incredibly unlikely.
Well why the hell didn't you say so ingame?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Again, it wasn't balanced for it at all. There would need to be a 2 lynch buffer because double roles don't happen for town. It mean an auto 2 lynches unless you depend on one of the players being a fantastically good speaker AND having a super-hard townread on the other. Also, the game has to be primarily comprised of weaker players.
You're right. I was thinking back too much to Harry Potter mafia like I said, where I was town backup and had to deal with "herp derp two backups what could you be backup for anyway? lynch one of themmmm" and we were both town. But... that was a large and a private so it really shouldn't be compared :/

Also, what exactly would a "2 lynch buffer" consist of? Like, would it generally mean only 2 mafia instead of 3, so town could afford an extra mislynch?

July

Smash Apprentice
Le sigh, I was afraid that would happen. Swiss and Adum both played very well; congrats on the win Swiss, it was deff well deserved.

Shoutouts:

Asdioh- You are an attentive player and even when we aren't on the same page, I think you are one of the more open-minded players in the game. You consider the options and you were an asset to town the entire game. Well played, you handled any suspicions on your end of the double "town" roleblocker thing very well.

11. July
July :( you were town's only hope on D4. The lynch would have been between you and Swiss (in my eyes) so we would have needed you to argue your way out of it... but you were extremely inactive much of this game and it's too bad. Good play otherwise, though I still can't trust my townreads on you (you're harder for me to read than swiss)
I feel terrible that I couldn't stop my lynch, I just ran out of time and effort, finals burned me out and I ended up letting myself get discouraged rather than fighting my lynch. Thank you, and I know I'm a hard read for you haha, I don't try to be but its funny to watch how cautious of me you are :p good strong town play all game, good job.

Swords-
July, sorry for that misread, it was all PoE. Your play was really solid. You're so freaking attentive to everything that it's amazing. You don't miss much, and you're great at objectively sharing your thoughts. The pure level of effort you put into games really is quite admirable.
It was no problem, I misread you too; you are always someone I'm cautious to put a strong read on because your posts are always solid and its just working off intent and reading into your posts. I never cease to learn things playing with you; you approach the game with a lot of thought and rationality. Thank you for your kind words : )

Sokr- You played really well. I honestly never meant to get *****y, so if I did I'm sorry, I just really wanted to challenge you and get into your head. Honestly, a lot of my pressure on you came from the fact that I thought you were playing too good for a brand new player, so much so that I thought having a scummate guiding you was possible for a while. You started off slow, and it took a little while to get scumreads and a case out of you, but you learn really quickly; once you got the hang of things you started to reason through things better and really involve yourself in all important conversations. Very good game and hope to play with you again, you have a lot of potential.

Kantrip- I really like your play; you were another player I could count on to remain open-minded and at least try to hear me out on my theories/suspicions. You would have excellent moments where you took everything in and had moments of clarity where you understood where town was and what needed to be done, but other times you seemed to get overwhelmed by the set-up and the speculation, which was easy to do, and go in a completely different direction. Sometimes that worked, sometimes it didn't; you are still growing as a player but you aren't afraid to take a leadership role or to propose or oppose new, different opinions, and that's a very good thing. The only thing that really hurt was some of the arguments you had with Felipe, they provided no relevant information and just served as a distraction, for yourself and for town. Good job all in all, you clearly had town's best interests in mind

Felipe- You definitely had some ups and downs, but I frequently forgot that you had asked for a replacement, which obviously affected some of your drive. You did work with town and put your vote where we needed you and didn't give up. As with Kantrip, the arguments got distracting and didn't help you or town, so that's something to learn from. Hopefully you enjoyed the game and gained some valuable experience, especially in a game where Swiss and Adum played so well

Swiss- Obviously outstanding play, your mind is freaking fascinating as is your ability to subtly, and often directly, influence the game and turn things to your advantage. You convinced town to keep you alive despite another roleblocker claim, and you were damn convincing...trying to face you and articulate a scumread on you, or even a suspicion, is a daunting task indeed. I enjoy playing with you, it's a constant learning experience and such a complex process of trying to figure you out and differentiate possible scum from what looks like such good town actions, intent, everything.

11. July was town and lynched D4! - You failed to halt your lynch, had you been more active and confident you could have. Towards the end town needed you. You're a good, reliable player - you just neede to realise this and step it up to the next level, which IMO you're ready for.
I really wish I had tried harder to stop my lynch, that's absolutely my biggest regret this game. Thank you for your kind words, that means a lot to me : )

RR- Your scuminess showed pretty quickly this game; pretty immediately you sent up some red flags, and you never did anything to reverse those bad feelings that spread through town D1. You didn't leave connections to your scummates that stood out or produced any useful information, so that was good for your scummates.

John- You were low key all game so it made it hard to get a read on you, then it made it hard to trust you, and then it made it hard to see you as town. You lasted a pretty long time that way, but involving yourself in conversations would have very much helped you and made swinging your lynch a lot less easy or viable of an option. Anyways, I hope you had fun and to see you in more games soon

Adum- You played a great game. Before the mass claim there was almost no reason to suspect you, you were constantly pushing players and trying to get reads and you were pretty open with your opinions. After the mass claim there was some suspicions, and while I didn't like your reactions to those suspicions you recovered quickly and composed yourself so well afterwards that we all came to accept it as a legitimate response and suspicion of you for the most part faded away. It was great to play with you and gain new and valuable experience

Ryker- You didn't get to play very much, but your play was solid and you handled replacing into an inactive/somewhat sketchy slot extremely well

JTB- Unfortunately you were lynched first, and while there were doubts towards the end of the Day they just weren't substantial enough to steer the lynch elsewhere. Sorry that you were the first lynch

Soup- I don't remember much of your play other than it was pretty obvtown, which is always a good thing; good game

I let this game get to me more than any game since Celeb mafia; after the mass claim when my plan to lynch one of Swiss/Adum/Asdioh failed, and people started accepting two "town" roleblockers, I got discouraged. Once I realized that my lynch was the lynch for the Day on D4, I let that get to me and I didn't do what I should have done, and Swiss is right that a lack of confidence really hurt me towards the end. It was absolutely a learning experience and I plan on taking all the feedback and advice to heart. Thank you everyone for a great game, I absolutely loved playing with everyone, and thank you to Gova for a very interesting and well-modded game :)

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I was legit scared a lot of this game, but maybe a lot of that is just because Swiss is the most intimidating player here imo.

Maybe this is why I like playing town more as of recent, I feel more like I got nothing to hide.

Swiss

Smash Lord
Gord isn't afraid of me for the same reason a baby isn't afraid when it falls down a flight of stairs - You don't fear anything when you're mentally insufficient and still wet the bed.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
As co-designer of this game I'm glad you people like it.

Swiss vs Adum was a first-rate read. Both as scum outarguing each other as the town fell apart was really entertaining to see; two very different yet equally stubborn characters going into a heated indy vs mafia argument. That's a rarity on dGames and a great moment to remember.
Good work on Gova's part who'd let no confusion arise in a potentially confusing set-up.

:059:

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend

Swiss vs Adum was a first-rate read. Both as scum outarguing each other as the town fell apart was really entertaining to see; two very different yet equally stubborn characters going into a heated indy vs mafia argument. That's a rarity on dGames and a great moment to remember.
Good work on Gova's part who'd let no confusion arise in a potentially confusing set-up.

Nice job gheb, it was fun.

And again, I'm much better as scum then as town, sort of depressing.

Swiss

Smash Lord

I remember why I love you as a player. Dis guy.

What a dude.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I have a terrible habit of not getting my **** together until it's crunch time if I EVER fall behind. That time, I didn't get it all together fast enough.

Top Bottom