• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brisbane Animania Brawl Tournament - September 20th - all over, red rover

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Cosplay aside, I need to know who will help me with this!
----

I sent said:
Hello Louis.

No worries about the wait, I understand that the Animania staff's time is precious, especially as we approach the date of the event.

In regards to your questions:

1. I believe I would be able to direct the entire tournament myself. However, as I see fit, I'll use my own informed staff to assist people in need of help, rules clarification, etc. Also for setting up the tournament bracket, I have my own tournament software which I'll load onto a laptop which I'll provide.

2. I don't have exact measurements on the TV's we'll provide, but I'd imagine they will be anywhere from 20 to 40 inches in screen size. We'll probably bring roughly 5-6 tv's and wii's, and see what we can do. Generally speaking, there is a lot of support for the South East Competitive Smash Bros, and so we can provide quite a number of TV's.

3. We'll probably want to push for the longest time possible for the competition. Most tournaments I've run don't run longer than 3 and a half hours per tournament, so we'll have to create a format that will accomodate for time restrictions.

My proposal is this:

Once registration has finished for the tournament, we'll then proceed with 4-way 'free for all - 2 minute Time match' rounds until we have a bracket of approximately 32 players. Items on low, All stages available from random select.

From there, I propose a Single/Double elimination bracket (Single is likely depending on time constraints), where entrants will face each other in 1 on 1, Stock matches, choosing a random stage from a select list of 'neutral' stages to ensure fairness.

Players will progress through the elimination bracket until a winner is found.

With 32 players participating in a double elimination bracket, the tournament would probably last 2 to 3 hours (Including free for all rounds). If a 2 to 3 hour tournament schedule is unacceptable, making the second phase of the tournament a single elimination tournament would halve that time, bringing the tournament down in time to under 2 hours.

I will draw up a much more detailed set of rules and schedule layout later on, but this is a general outline for now.

How does this sound?

Kind Regards
Anthony Smith
(Vyse on the forums)
They Sent back said:
Hi Anthony,

1. I'll need staff names prior to the event as they will need to added
to the door list or will be unable to gain entry.

2. Noted

3. Can grant 3 hours. Please keep in mind event is from 10-4pm. What 3
hour block would you be looking at? We're finalising the schedule today
so would appreciate if you can provide this information.

Just a couple of other things, can you send through final rules for our
viewing also and approved to go on the website.

we have allocated the following prizes for the smash comp.

1st prize - $65 madman voucher
2nd prize - $30 madman voucher + animavericks subscription
3rd prize - $25 madman voucher

There is one other thing that we request which is that one TV be set
aside for us to have the PS2 plugged in so that the Tekken 5 comp can
occur and also set on free play outside of comp hours.

Setup for the event will be on Friday 19/09, will you be able to bring
the TVs/etc in on the Friday and have it all setup?

Louis
I need to know if at least one other person can be on staff with me.
They need to know so that we can entry passes assigned to the right people.

Get that Rat

Smash Lord

Do I even need to dignify that with a response?

I wish people would read.
The manga you can read still come from Japan. Merely translated by people who can speak English and Japanese. Not even namely American.

Sieg

Smash Champion
I'm sorry, I got over it ages ago.

Someone just feels the need to have his ego hugged.

Get that Rat

Smash Lord
It's not a troll if it's actually got a legit point which proved Sieg's silly idea wrong.

It's a debate which Sieg has given up because he's realised that he failed.

Sieg

Smash Champion
Are you ****ing ********?

I said I liked America because I can get more anime and manga for cheaper than over here. I never said anything about ****ing debating.

Troll ****ing more.

Sirias

Smash Champion
Michael you're obviously feeding him by replying like that. :D
Most of what Andy says is just to get on your nerves, not to prove you wrong, so stop trolling back. YAY!
Hahah, lol, it was so weird when I called you Mike.
It felt so wrong, I wonder why. =/

I'd imagine anyone who isn't either:
Me, Andy, Zac, Michael, Nick, Ryan... hmmm anyone else?
Nah I'm sure everyone else seems reliable enough to be staff with you, Anthony.
I 'can' be reliable but I obviously choose not to be because it's too boring, and if I do do something wrong then there are too big consequences, cbf with that. </3

This is only like 2 weeks away, whoa. o:

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Juggie can troll me any day of the week >: ]

As for the Volunteer's, I've already got them.
Chris, Arrow and Doug are going to be Staffing this with me.
They also get Free + Early entry with me.

The reason why I selected them is purely because they can drive and provide equipment, which is the biggest issue.

Sieg

Smash Champion
Juggie can troll me any day of the week >: ]

As for the Volunteer's, I've already got them.
Chris, Arrow and Doug are going to be Staffing this with me.
They also get Free + Early entry with me.

The reason why I selected them is purely because they can drive and provide equipment, which is the biggest issue.
Well you can just go DiaF can't you.

Yokai

Smash Ace
Yes michael, thats precisely the reason you weren't chosen.

Lrn2mature. :p

(btw, troll trolling a troll made from troll)

Sirias

Smash Champion
XD He obviously didn't read did he.
I thought Michael could drive, though?

Calm down, though, Michael, if you're all flustered and such you don't just laugh things off. :D
How odd... my alias is Sirias which sounds like Serious but I'm completely 'not' that.
Well I can be if I need to be, but I never need to be, so I'm not. :D

HO HO.
This looks alright now 'cause it's something to do.
I 'might' be coming with someone if he wants to...
<3

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
Which is totally the reason for doing this gig lol.

Getting a gps specially for the occasion. Well, i was getting one anyway but this'll be its trial run.
Man up and use maps + experience :)

I don't see any reason why I can't make this tourny at the moment, I'll bring TVs...

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
At this point, we may only need 1 more.

And we're going to need to take it in on the day before.

I'll PM you about it anyway to make sure you get this.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
We might actually (REALLY) need your help DJ.
lol.

If there's anyone in QLD who wants to/can help with this, please PM me!

I'm looking for somebody who is free to drop their TV off at the Holiday Inn where the Venue is on Roma Street on Friday. Leave it there over night, and come compete on Saturday.

Sirias

Smash Champion
Oooh, an Art corner, hey...
I wonder how good everyone is, I might enter that.
And maybe the Cosplay area. I'll cosplay as Frothing Guy from Avatar. d:
$25 for entry, lol, gord, isn't that a bit much.
Oh well. Whatever happens happens.
Doesn't seem like many people are going - who is, anyway?

Zac <3 C:

Sirias

Smash Champion
Can't come, going to Shorncliffe this weekend.
If not there, then I will be spending time with someone anyway.
:C
Unless they wanna come to this.
HMM...
We'll see.
So far I can't come, though.

OH NO. SUCH A BIG LOSS.
=/

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Note to Staff members:

You can't compete in the tournament. The convention staff made it pretty clear to me. It's a blanket rule, and there's no way around it.

Chris, I've taken the liberty of taking you off the staff list so you can compete. I know Doug's got my back, but if you want out as well Arrow... T_T

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
I posted it there because I'm trying to put Australia on the God **** map.

Why don't anybody support this notion?

I am so sick and tired of all the god **** negativity from everyone. The people this is aimed at know what I'm talking about. I'm putting everything I've got into the QLD smash community and all I get is this **** from the lot of you.

What the **** is wrong with you people? I thought friends supported each other, instead of shovelling **** down each others throats. Is it wrong for me to want to bring a little bit of the spot light to Australia?

Stop the negativity. For christ sake, just stop it.

You would not believe how demoralizing it is to hear from you guys how much you hate that I'm trying to make a name for myself and the Australian community, how demoralizing it is to hear nothing but negativity and criticism, instead of things like 'Good Job' or 'You did well' I hear 'You're obsessed with smash' and 'Stop waving your penor around'.

I don't give a flying **** about any of it.

I do it because I love smash, everything that it has meant to me for the last 4 years and all the people I've met through it.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer

Anthony.... Its zac....

calm down
I'm not angry at Zac.

I REALLY needed to vent that somewhere. It's something that's been boiling up inside me for a long time. I really really don't like negativity. It's something that annoys me, when people say 'I can't be bothered' or 'You're a failure'. It is the one thing that will really really get under my skin and demoralize me.

I felt really really bad inside when Aron up and sold his Wii and smash. This is the same.
I hate it when people say they'll never get good at smash, that they'll never reach the same level of those around them. I hate it when people make me feel uncomfortable when I'm beating them, I hate it when people bash their heads against the wall, instead of asking me for advice, or looking for a solution.

I hate it when I feel like everything I'm trying to do is unnappreciated, and that people would think more highly of me if I didn't undertake projects for the smash community at large and didn't participate in the smashboards community.

Forgive me.

EDIT:

On the other side of the equation. I'm really really grateful to everyone that has given me their messages of support, when I hear/read those words, I'm really happy. Random PM's, text messages, MSN messages, eveything, it makes it all worthwhile.

How many of you guys knew that Zac had released about 5 combo videos in his time as a Melee smasher? He was as humble as humble pie and took criticism well when he put his playstyle on display for the world to see. Though, that is beside the point and probably completely irrelevant.

Michael, I apologise for every time I ever criticised you for playing WoW.

You may call me obsessive over smash, but I am only as devoted to it as my time allows. Smash, Literature, and IT. The three biggest things for me right now.

I have only been able to go into Smash overdrive because my traineeship isn't very work intensive. Hell, my training session last week ended an hour early because I had literally completed every single training module he had available. I'm now waiting on THEM to send me my final training materials.

Smash is the only game I devote a lot of time to, because it has always been a game that I could sit down and play any time I wanted for as long as I wanted. Not something that I had to commit to, and not something that dictated what I was doing when (Bar tournaments).

I will support you guys in almost everything you do (Bar say, smoking weed and punching people in the face). I'd like to think I've never given you a negative reaction when you start talking about something you're enthusiastic about. I'd only hope I receive the same in return.

l3oOkeR

Smash Ace
I hate it when people make me feel uncomfortable when I'm beating them, I hate it when people bash their heads against the wall, instead of asking me for advice, or looking for a solution.
Man i know i have only played you like 5 times or what ever and only known you for a little bit but sorry if i ever made you feel like that. I mean i go to break my controller over everything but its not like im not enjoying myself. Like yesterday even though your Diddy ***** my on FD i wanted to keep playing it to get better. I dont want to ask advise right up but because i dont want to look like a complete noob.
But yeah Sorry if i ever made you feel uncomfortable, and i think we all do appreciate what you do and what you have done. The QLD Brawl community owes alot to you because seriously there probably wouldnt be one without you. And im willing to help as much as i can but with No car and living thousands of miles away from you guys it is hard.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Vyse, talk to me and Shaz on MSN and we can share our experiences on the matter.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Man i know i have only played you like 5 times or what ever and only known you for a little bit but sorry if i ever made you feel like that. I mean i go to break my controller over everything but its not like im not enjoying myself. Like yesterday even though your Diddy ***** my on FD i wanted to keep playing it to get better. I dont want to ask advise right up but because i dont want to look like a complete noob.
But yeah Sorry if i ever made you feel uncomfortable, and i think we all do appreciate what you do and what you have done. The QLD Brawl community owes alot to you because seriously there probably wouldnt be one without you. And im willing to help as much as i can but with No car and living thousands of miles away from you guys it is hard.
You've never made me feel uncomfortable B00ker. You're a very nice guy :) You don't really rage, at least, no more than I do after losing to Chris for four hours straight. Those rants of mine were only really directed at 2 or 3 people who know who they are.

I'm feeling like a complete douche bag right about now, I should've kept this rant to PM's rather than posting it here.

I am very grateful, and I haven't forgotten the last time you thanked me for the work I'm doing. I'm very very grateful to everyone.

CAO, I appreciate the offer. Maybe we'll chat sometime, although I've just spoken to the people I haven't named, and I think the whole conflict is resolved.

The whole point of that rant was to get across my greatest weakness, 'Negativity'. I hate it, and nothing good will come of it. If you want to troll me, just be a negative person.

Top Bottom