• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Breaking the Ice - Ice Climbers DLC Discussion Thread - Under New Ownership!

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Can you explain Wario's missing pupil? And why is every other screen other than the character select screen so bright and colorful? Why do some of Shulk's moves in the leaked footage look like other character's moves (ex. Link's D-air, Marth's up special)? And isn't it still possible this is some huge gag by Nintendo (though even I think this is unlikely, though not entirely out of the question)? Who would honestly think the ICies are cut (I mean, yes, there may have been technical difficulties on the 3DS version, but do you really think Sakurai would just give up and say "OK, we couldn't get them in the first time, too bad, guess they won't be in.") ? Even the two leakers who were supposed to be giving us pictures that prove this leak failed at doing that, as they failed to show two trophy screenshots that were the same. In the Bowser Jr. footage, why is the bottom screen crystal clear, and the top is blurry as heck? Why in the world, out of all the Melee veterans, would Dr. Mario be the one to come back? There's much more of a fanbase for Mewtwo and/or Roy. Finally, this video goes neither way, but does have some points on how this could be right, and how it could be wrong: (Part 1) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2ar9sb8YWc&list=UUhuz0zVp4wGu44KxPsNsUUw (Part 2) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0h32QqHwmw&list=UUhuz0zVp4wGu44KxPsNsUUw&index=1

Wario's pupil - No, but that still doesn't count against the leak.

Non-colorful screen - Actually, it was like that in the E3 demo, with the black spaces at the bottom. Maybe they haven't changed it yet? Or maybe they decided it was ok for the 3DS? I actually like it. It's nice and simple, although I would like a select screen with cool designs, also.

Shulk - He's a sword user? We haven't seen all of his moves, also, but he does move differently from other characters.

Nintendo Gag - Speculation

Ice Climbers being cut - How many times do I have to explain this to you? This was NEVER confirmed by the leaker, and All-Star mode is locked suggesting the roster wasn't complete. I'm actually beginning to think you only dislike this leak because the Ice Climbers are cut. I like them, too, and they were one of my favorites, but "who would honestly think they would be cut?" is an opinion Sakurai may not share, although he apparently does, so they may very well come back. If this really is the only reason you dislike the leak, just let it go, as I'm tired of explaining the same thing since some others have also mentioned the All-Star thing.

What 2 trophy screenshots were the same? The ones that I explained to you were from 2 different leakers with the Starlow-trophy leaker having fake playable-character renders, and the Specknose coming from the real-so-far leaker?

Bowser Jr. footage - They both look blurry to me. I'll admit, the top seems more blurry than the bottom, but I do notice some parts of the bottom being about the same amount of blurry as the top.

Dr. Mario - Opinion. Mewtwo may come back, also.

Videos - I honestly didn't watch, but all videos not from the leaker or Nintendo would just be more speculation. There may be valid points, but it all comes down to Nintendo releasing information.

Last edited:

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
Which Brawl hack adds the bottom screen of the 3DS to your TV?
Which hack replaces the victory screen with the Smash 4 victory screen?

While it's possible he made the whole thing up, it's very unlikely, and there isn't any evidence against the leak yet, only for.
well look at the new progect m hack what changed the victory screen so maybe the leaker made it and just never released it to the public
and for the bottom screen video editing? i don't know its not hard. and and for you post about about the whole roster not being unlocked the you never had to unlock them so why would you have to this time

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
well look at the new progect m hack what changed the victory screen so maybe the leaker made it and just never released it to the public
and for the bottom video editing? just put the pieces together and it will make scene
Doesn't the screen work in a way similar to normal Brawl's, though? Correct me if wrong. EDIT: Yes, it works exactly like Brawl's. The only differences are the backround and the angle the characters are shown. The leak's screen is a lot more different.
This leak shows it zoom in and freezing on the character posing.

There is still no legitimate evidence against the leak that isn't speculation.

Last edited:

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
Doesn't the screen work in a way similar to normal Brawl's, though? Correct me if wrong.

This leak shows it zoom in and freezing on the character posing.
what screen are you talking about protect m. if so i would't know i don't play it. and help me help you at what part did it zoom in and freezing on the character posing. and i don't know if you seen my edit about you never having to unlock the ice climbers so why would we have to this time

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
what screen are you talking about protect m. if so i would't know i don't play it. and help me help you at what part did it zoom in and freezing on the character posing. and i don't know if you seen my edit about you never having to unlock the ice climbers so why would we have to this time
It's possible they changed the Ice Climbers from starter to unlockable.

Project M's screen. It does work like Brawl's, like other hacked victory screens.

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
It's possible they changed the Ice Climbers from starter to unlockable.

Project M's screen. It does work like Brawl's, like other hacked victory screens.
why would the change it makes zero sense

okay this is going to make no sense because i don't know how to word this right so bare with me. see i don't think it's a hack because it never showed a full match it show like 50 seconds of game play (what might be a hack) then the victory screen in another video why because it's not part of the hack (if is one) it just something he made like a ytmnd if that makes sense.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend

okay this is going to make no sense because i don't know how to word this right so bare with me. see i don't think it's a hack because it never showed a full match it show like 50 seconds of game play (what might be a hack) then the victory screen in another video why because it's not part of the hack (if is one) it just something he made like a ytmnd if that makes sense.
Maybe, but I'm still going to wait for info from Nintendo.

CosmicGlitch

Smash Apprentice

basically as of right now nothing disproves the leak and we have video (not proof exactly but pretty believeable) and the challenge menu serving as proof for it. so the only hope the ice climbers have is that they are unlockable, regardless of them always being starters before is regardless

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
basically as of right now nothing disproves the leak and we have video (not proof exactly but pretty believeable) and the challenge menu serving as proof for it. so the only hope the ice climbers have is that they are unlockable, regardless of them always being starters before is regardless
challenge menu? wasn't that one of the potd

Last edited:

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
yeah it was todays picture i think? maybe yesterdays but the leaker posted it first before we ever saw it
got a link i want to comparer the two. but it could be like the spectator mode thing what if my memory severs me right you could see it for a few seconds in one of the directs

CosmicGlitch

Smash Apprentice
got a link i want to comparer the two. but it could be like the spectator mode thing what if my memory severs me right you could see it for a few seconds in one of the directs
its not in that E3 direct, if you can find it go ahead like i said before i dont care if the leak is real or not personally i believe it though (and want DHD) but as it is ice climbers in my mind are probably just unlockable this time around
http://i.imgur.com/bru0rQW.jpg that should be it, that was posted 3 days ago and yesterday sakuria showed us challenge mode

also just a side note. in past games events were used to unlock characters and in the leak only 4 events have been finished (assuming events and challenges are the same thing this time around) that plus the lock on allstar mode is good

Last edited:

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Maybe, but I'm still going to wait for info from Nintendo.
OK, as long as I can get people on this page I'm fine. Sorry for my rant. But I do think that at this point it's likely they're unlockable, leaks aside.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
well does this mean the leak was real and the climbers are cut along with wolf
And Lucas. Unfortunately, this is enough to convince me the leak is real so I guess we'd better get them in as DLC if they're not one of the 3-5 characters that weren't unlocked in the leak...

Anyone know a good cave with wi-fi so I can hide for a while?

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
And Lucas. Unfortunately, this is enough to convince me the leak is real so I guess we'd better get them in as DLC if they're not one of the 3-5 characters that weren't unlocked in the leak...

Anyone know a good cave with wi-fi so I can hide for a while?
not gping to lie i want this game but if they cut them for dlc i won't get the game. because i don't want to support that type of dlc cutting a vet :popo: a unque :wolf: character. and some i okay with but sad to see go :lucas:

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
OK, now it's my turn to be annoying (not like that hasn't already happened). All-Star mode wasn't unlocked in the leaked screenshots, therefore, neither were all of the characters. The ICies, Wolf, and Lucas still have a shot at making it back in if they are part of those 3-5 characters the leaker said would exist.

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
OK, now it's my turn to be annoying (not like that hasn't already happened). All-Star mode wasn't unlocked in the leaked screenshots, therefore, neither were all of the characters. The ICies, Wolf, and Lucas still have a shot at making it back in if they are part of those 3-5 characters the leaker said would exist.
all i can see is wolf because you had to unlock him and i don't see the climbers becoming unlocks, as for Lucas unless ness is a starter i don't think so either :mad::(

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
all i can see is wolf because you had to unlock him and i don't see the climbers becoming unlocks, as for Lucas unless ness is a starter i don't think so either :mad::(
7 words: This is Smash Bros. Anything is possible.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
One of the Japanese trailers showed All Stars mode, and the opponents are in a chronological order.

Bottom right.

Ice Climbers are supposed to be inbetween Zelda and Samus if they really are in. ;( Really sorry guys.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Huh. Good point about ROB, he was released in 1985 in Japan.

No Pit either.

Last edited:

DecaHibiki

Smash Apprentice
Damn this is like when un Brawl everyone said that ness wasnt in, and then he was showed after the release, maybe They are going to be Hidden characters, remind that ness and captain Falcon were Hidden in 64 and Brawl but in Melee They were since begining. Sorry for my bad english xD

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
One of the Japanese trailers showed All Stars mode, and the opponents are in a chronological order.

Bottom right.

Ice Climbers are supposed to be inbetween Zelda and Samus if they really are in. ;( Really sorry guys.
Shoot. Not only does this make everything even more suspicious, but it also confirms Peach's Final Smash is back.

However, as pointed out before, Pit is not shown in there, neither is R.O.B. (who, if the leak is real, which now seems likely, should be there). Though, if R.O.B. were in the game, I'm sure Nintendo would want to keep it secret until his announce. Where did you get these pictures from?

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Shoot. Not only does this make everything even more suspicious, but it also confirms Peach's Final Smash is back.

However, as pointed out before, Pit is not shown in there, neither is R.O.B. (who, if the leak is real, which now seems likely, should be there). Though, if R.O.B. were in the game, I'm sure Nintendo would want to keep it secret until his announce. Where did you get these pictures from?
It's from one of the new Japanese commercials.
This one specifically.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OT5HX9QolQ

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
God dang it!
I was extremely confident that each one of the original twelve and every veteran who debuted in Melee and reappeared for Brawl would make a return. But I have to admit that the lack of Climbers is really worrying me.
With Shulk's reveal, now I'm willing to believe a 100% the character selection screen that was shown on the leak. But as some here have already noted, could there still be other unlockable characters that haven't been shown yet? I ask this because it seems particularly odd to me that all of the clones (except toon link) are piled up at the bottom instead of being grouped with the characters from their home series like Melee and Brawl did. And also, wouldn't the end roster of this game look neater, shaped similar to a rectangle like in Brawl? There is even space left at the bottom. This is Sakurai, the man LOVES his menus, dammit!

And having Ice Climber enemies but no Climbers seems even more odd to me. Damn, I'm desperate, I want to know their fate. IF they are not in initially, at least they might be able to pull a Mario Kart 8 and add more characters as DLC. This would be like the last resort.

D

Deleted member

Neither was Jigglypuff really prime material for a late game unlock.
Unlockability also relates to when they were finished in development.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
God dang it!
I was extremely confident that each one of the original twelve and every veteran who debuted in Melee and reappeared for Brawl would make a return. But I have to admit that the lack of Climbers is really worrying me.
With Shulk's reveal, now I'm willing to believe a 100% the character selection screen that was shown on the leak. But as some here have already noted, could there still be other unlockable characters that haven't been shown yet? I ask this because it seems particularly odd to me that all of the clones (except toon link) are piled up at the bottom instead of being grouped with the characters from their home series like Melee and Brawl did. And also, wouldn't the end roster of this game look neater, shaped similar to a rectangle like in Brawl? There is even space left at the bottom. This is Sakurai, the man LOVES his menus, dammit!

And having Ice Climber enemies but no Climbers seems even more odd to me. Damn, I'm desperate, I want to know their fate. IF they are not in initially, at least they might be able to pull a Mario Kart 8 and add more characters as DLC. This would be like the last resort.
If the ICies are not in initially they'd better pull a Mario Kart 8 or someone is going to get hurt. *Looks at people around him*

CosmicGlitch

Smash Apprentice

Bottom right.

i mean i guess they could have just omitted them to not put them in the commercial, but then they could have just used a diffrent timeline in allstar mode that already had everyone we know about so maybe not

Edit: another thought are there any other characters in smash that first appeared in these years maybe this time in allstar mode you only fight 5 at a time and this is only the 1st or second half of 1985-1986

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Aren't they making a new 3ds? I got a link, but can't post it atm. The FPS shouldn't be too much of an issue then.

D

Deleted member

thats so weird i thought this was an ice climbers topic
Someone brought up FPS as an issue that prevents Ice Climbers earlier, since it would be hard to keep all 8 characters 60 fps.
Though it might of not of been this thread :p Whoops

Last edited by a moderator:

CosmicGlitch

Smash Apprentice
Someone brought up FPS as an issue that prevents Ice Climbers earlier, since it would be hard to keep all 8 characters 60 fps.
Though it might of not of been this thread :p Whoops
oh okay got it now, sorry for calling you out then, FPS shouldnt be an issue if anything they could just make it so the Icys dont separate and instead function as 1 character with a 2 character model. honestly im still not worried about them i think they will get in

Top Bottom