• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlBox Creation & Showcase Workshop: Post your BrawlBox stuff here!

Piks

Smash Journeyman
Very Beautiful FoD, it's the closest we can get. Also, I can't wait for fourside! Make a daytime one and I'll love you.

FairKnight

Smash Journeyman
Probably, but they would be annoying for gameplay, as they were between the camera and the stage, or where the edges of the stage should be

It's not hex edited though, the parts are individuals and I can resize/move them just by animating, I'll see what I do with them when the stage is more completed

Another pic of the progress, I'm done today, I'll continue tomorrow

*epic image*
Nice job mate :p btw a few recommendations, why don't you reposition the side parts (if its not too much* and add some water textures to the floor so it can look like fountain of dreams? also replacing the background with either Luigi Mansion's background or Spear Pillars would look awesome

(epic work by the way you the best)

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
Nice job mate :p btw a few recommendations, why don't you reposition the side parts (if its not too much* and add some water textures to the floor so it can look like fountain of dreams? also replacing the background with either Luigi Mansion's background or Spear Pillars would look awesome

(epic work by the way you the best)
I'm planning that already xD

I'm to see what I can do with the side parts, to put more, to get them bigger... I'll see

And water textures to the floor and falling water on the sides of the stage is planned too. And the background is actually the one from Spear Pillar, just a little rotated so the strange central texture is not visible, and I've put two water sources too (taken from water-type pokemon stadium melee)

I think it can be cool when finished ^^

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
I'm planning that already xD

I'm to see what I can do with the side parts, to put more, to get them bigger... I'll see

And water textures to the floor and falling water on the sides of the stage is planned too. And the background is actually the one from Spear Pillar, just a little rotated so the strange central texture is not visible, and I've put two water sources too (taken from water-type pokemon stadium melee)

I think it can be cool when finished ^^

aw you got rid of the 2nd layer, i thought it would have been awsome for water to fall off of that onto the next, but i guess its impractical because the top layer is smaller than the base and would look weird ledge grabbing. Either way looks great keep it up.

thanyou

Smash Journeyman
Holy crap, another Rob based character thing xD.

Moar pl0x.

I sense some great machinima involving these Rob hacks in the near future :3

Piks

Smash Journeyman
All these ROB hacks are mindblowingly awesome, they're so creative. It's fun to see what you can do to the guy.

are you going to keep link with the tp look or are you going to make it look more like the young link in melee because the young link with tp style looks really cool
tp link is bad***, so yeah

I plan on including both, actually: they'd be alternate colors. Along with themed tunics, of course.

n64billy

Smash Ace
That's what she said.
Hehe, I see what you did thar! :laugh:
[/off topic]

I put Magikarp over Goldeen and works fine (I just want to tweak one of the animations and change the SFX before putting a download up)
There is a slight texture problem though.....

In battle field, this is how Magikarp first looked...

A bit dull, no one wants to see a dull pokemon....
So then I re imported the model in an attempt to fix it, and tried it on FD instead, while the texture worked flawlessly then, the specular brightess was WAY up, so Magikarp looked greasier than a 14 year old working at McDonalds! (I kid...)

I then zero'd out the specular layer out (With hex) and got this result.

My last problem however is that his 'shadow' (or whatever it's meant to be) is actually lighter, and his texture still seems dull on battlefield.... ideas?

(And before you yell out "TEXTURE PROBLEM! FIXED IN LATEST VERSION! STOP IGNORING ME RAWR!" Brawlshifter, I have the latest version of BrawlBox [0.63d] but when I import models it still stuffs up the textures for me.)

JUMP MAGIKARP! YOU CAN MAKE IT!

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
I thought shiny spec maps seem to show up on some imported models

anywho, GO MAGICARP, USE A SPLASH ATTACK!

Giygue

Smash Journeyman
Don't forget that Gyarados can use Splash as well :)
(He looks hilarious when doing it in Pokemon Stadium 2)
now i've got to look that up on youtube:laugh: also...how the heck please turn into plox?
and Mewtwo 2000, That mushroom Kingdom 64 is going straight on my wii the instant you release it! the only thing i can think of that could make it better is if you could manage to get the N64 pipes in there instead of the brawl ones from mario and luigi's entrances...

Overdrive64

Smash Journeyman
@N64billy, when Magikarp comes out of the ball you have to make the trainer text box appear saying "It's Super Effective!"

Ninka_kiwi

Smash Ace
@N64billy, when Magikarp comes out of the ball you have to make the trainer text box appear saying "It's Super Effective!"
that would be epic win while your at it you might as well make it be a 1% chance that magikarp would one hit ko everythnig and then have a text box say critical hit XD

Razanak7

Smash Ace
That's what she said.
I lol'd.

& I am curious as to how you did that? That R.O.B. PC looks amazing. It looks like you made an animation for ZSS to use the PC? May I ask for a video of that?
It's simply moving his bones around and texturing it to match the factory stage.

^ Before texturing, which was pretty much just copypasta'ing the block texture and erasing a couple parts.

And there will be a video sometime soon, since it was made for my machinima.

Overdrive64

Smash Journeyman
^ Rob looks like an old school stand-up style arcade machine :p

Do ya get space invaders on that thing?

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
New pic of FoD

There's much to do yet, but it's gettin better I guess

Brizzle

Smash Cadet
May anyone send me OoT Adult Link and Young Link models from Wario Ware, hexed?
I know the files aren't on the mediafire archive for Brawl files, but would those models be a part of the "Masterpieces" feature? I'm sure someone's thought of this, but just in case, I thought I'd bring it up. And if they are there, would they have been converted to Mdl0? I really just have no idea.

Mit

Smash Ace
The waterfalls and the water sources are animated, and I plan to make waves coming from the fountain, just as melee's

I think that if I reduce it more it will become too small ^^U
Wow, I can't believe you added a fountain and everything, and got animated water. I'm guessing it'll be possible to populate the rear portion of the platform with various pieces to make it look like the Melee stage as well?

Also, it definitely is a bit too wide still :p Fountain of Dreams was a pretty small stage:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clBFYdM8JIs

In any case, I second the people saying to finish up some of your older projects first :p

Jiiprah

Smash Apprentice
The waterfalls and the water sources are animated, and I plan to make waves coming from the fountain, just as melee's

I think that if I reduce it more it will become too small ^^U
I agree the size is great...any smaller and it would be way to small to enjoy 4 player brawl.

Me and my boredom :D

dirtboy345

Smash Ace
Will platforms raise and fall?
thats probably a guarantee if he is animating water which is harder than rising platforms (pretty sure) and having random ufo on fourside and going through pipes on n64 mario bros it shouldn't be that hard

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
Of course, the idea is the water sources will do aswell at the same time, just like in the original ^^

Wow, I can't believe you added a fountain and everything, and got animated water. I'm guessing it'll be possible to populate the rear portion of the platform with various pieces to make it look like the Melee stage as well?

Also, it definitely is a bit too wide still :p Fountain of Dreams was a pretty small stage:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clBFYdM8JIs

In any case, I second the people saying to finish up some of your older projects first :p
Yeah, I though on rear population too, I want to vertex edit some boxes and other objects to make a simulation (don't expect it too good) of the original background of the stage

I'll leave this a little paused and I'll go finish my older projects, I think they will be awesome ^^

thats probably a guarantee if he is animating water which is harder than rising platforms (pretty sure) and having random ufo on fourside and going through pipes on n64 mario bros it shouldn't be that hard
The ufo won't be random, indeed, it will appear from right, from left, another right, and loop ^^U

And the pipe system is weird, you'll see when it's released xD

Anyway, the rising platforms is a very easy thing to do :)

FairKnight

Smash Journeyman
Mewtwo if I may suggest, is it possible to rip some of waterfall graphics from SSE (lets say the factory sewers or something) and apply it to this stage? also the background seems different, did you swap it or something? xD

Top Bottom