• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlBox Creation & Showcase Workshop: Post your BrawlBox stuff here!

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I was thinking of making an imported Waluigi from Mario Sports Mix over the Waluigi for Pit.
If that's the case, just know that I did do a Waluigi texture hack for Mario Sports Mix. If recolors are being considered later on, just look up my hack.

Midnite

Smash Cadet
NNID
AurumMidnite
model-dumping programs only seem to get whatever's visible, not the entire stage).
Huh. I used 3D Ripper GX, and it ripped the complete City Trial model for me. Only problem is that it doesn't automatically assign the textures to the model (unless I just have them in the wrong place or something), so I have to do that manually.

Either way, I can finally start working on a City Trial stage. Right now, I'm working on assigning the materials to the model. Kinda wish there was a less tedious way to do it, but I'll try to get the model rigged and stuff for BrawlBox when I'm not procrastinating asap.

Razanak7

Smash Ace
I was thinking of making an imported Waluigi from Mario Sports Mix over the Waluigi for Pit.
Why not use the Waluigi we already have? It already matches the art style (obviously) so that seems to me like it would be a better choice.

Speaking of which, there's a model I would like someone to put over Yoshi.

DarkChris126

Smash Journeyman
Huh. I used 3D Ripper GX, and it ripped the complete City Trial model for me. Only problem is that it doesn't automatically assign the textures to the model (unless I just have them in the wrong place or something), so I have to do that manually.

Either way, I can finally start working on a City Trial stage. Right now, I'm working on assigning the materials to the model. Kinda wish there was a less tedious way to do it, but I'll try to get the model rigged and stuff for BrawlBox when I'm not procrastinating asap.
:bee: I cant wait to see how the stage comes out.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
All of the non-playable characters in Brawl have pretty crappy models compared to the playable ones. Even replacing Dedede's side-B minions with their Return to Dream Land counterparts would be an increase in quality.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
You can tell in this old picture of one of my hacks with Kirby standing next to a Waddle Dee.

And that thing I said about RTDL models was a really subtle suggestion if it isn't too hard to do >_> You can actually see the blockiness of Waddle Doos during a normal match without even zooming in.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
The Pokemon look fine.
Some assist trophies look bad, though.
Subspace characters look great.

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
I think those games look quite good IMO. Half of the Assist trophies look like early PS2/PSP models and have almost no polygon detail to them. Kat and Ana are among the worst models in the game.

Kazyx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CheshireKaz
3DS FC
1891-1355-7641
That'd be awesome!
I'm not going to lie, I am a HUGE Waluigi fan, so my opinion is kinda biased in those regards. However, I have a question:

With the Waluigi over Pit, are you going to reanimate him to have more moves that would potentially suit an oddball character such as Waluigi, since I believe a number of that Waluigi's moves are just his assist trophy attacks? I might be out-of-date on the Waluigi PSA, however, so if I am you can ignore that question, and the following question.

Provided you are reanimating, I may not have the tools to do it, but I could possibly try to assist in describing some of the attacks he could have to you.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
MarioDK
What the hell am I looking at? O_o
Super Buu and Mario did the fusion dance?

mariodk

Smash Ace
MarioDK
What the hell am I looking at? O_o
Super Buu and Mario did the fusion dance?
no or they will get that vest Gotenks got :D

it is Super buu absorbed mario :D will maybe make Super buu absorbs:
captain falcon
Sonic
luigi(just texture edit from the mario one)
and maybe more

anyway you like what you see segtendo? :D

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
I like it MarioDK lol
Took me by surprise.
That'd be awesome!
I'm not going to lie, I am a HUGE Waluigi fan, so my opinion is kinda biased in those regards. However, I have a question:

With the Waluigi over Pit, are you going to reanimate him to have more moves that would potentially suit an oddball character such as Waluigi, since I believe a number of that Waluigi's moves are just his assist trophy attacks? I might be out-of-date on the Waluigi PSA, however, so if I am you can ignore that question, and the following question.

Provided you are reanimating, I may not have the tools to do it, but I could possibly try to assist in describing some of the attacks he could have to you.
I'm gonna rig Waluigi to the assist trophy's bones then add in the extra bones with Fortwaffles' bone adder.
And I know diddly squat about animating and PSA.

Kazyx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CheshireKaz
3DS FC
1891-1355-7641
I'm gonna rig Waluigi to the assist trophy's bones then add in the extra bones with Fortwaffles' bone adder.
And I know diddly squat about animating and PSA.
Oh, well that would make sense.
Haha, that's alright. I was just curious.

Speaking of being curious, I have a question regarding model splicing. I have a feeling this question will have "Yes" as the answer, but would it be possible to replace a character's head with another head, and still have it work effectively? For example, I remembered that someone had made textures for Falco that had color schemes similar to Staraptor and Swellow of Pokemon, and thought it'd be interesting to put the Pokemon's respective head onto Falco.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Speaking of being curious, I have a question regarding model splicing. I have a feeling this question will have "Yes" as the answer, but would it be possible to replace a character's head with another head, and still have it work effectively? For example, I remembered that someone had made textures for Falco that had color schemes similar to Staraptor and Swellow of Pokemon, and thought it'd be interesting to put the Pokemon's respective head onto Falco.
I believe you can.
Wait, weren't those Kirby textures?

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
How would you do that? Can you take pieces of models apart now? Is that another new feature of Brawlbox?

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
How would you do that? Can you take pieces of models apart now? Is that another new feature of Brawlbox?
You can put them together using 3DS Max, of course :p
Make the DAE in 3DS Max, export, import into BrawlBox .65, poof.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
In 3DS Max, under the modifiers, go to "Smooth" and then choose "1." It'll smooth your model.

Top Bottom