• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlBox Creation & Showcase Workshop: Post your BrawlBox stuff here!

Razanak7

Smash Ace

Yep, I just got started on Majora's moveset. Now that it's begun, I think it's time to elaborate on the specific mechanics.

Majora is the second most playable boss, with almost a complete moveset, including a Final Smash (other bosses may have this ability too; that is undecided as of yet). Majora floats the entire battle, forcing you to jump in order to reach it. It's moves mainly consist of spinning, various lasers, and tentacle attacks (not like that, stop giggling).

While I'm at it, here's some things that all bosses will utilize.

The bosses all have 200 HP and permanent super armour. Once you rack up enough damage, the boss will die, and you win. Pretty simple.

Now here's the kicker. All bosses with come with 5 movesets, once for each difficulty; Easy, Normal, Hard, Very Hard and Intense. Each difficulty has different benefits for the boss.

Easy - +0 HP, 0% speed boost.
Normal - +50 HP, 10% speed boost.
Hard - +100 HP, 20% speed boost.
Very Hard - +150 HP, 30% speed boost.
Intense - +200 HP, 40% speed boost.

Alright, that's enough for now. There might be more to show tomorrow.

EDIT: Aaaaaaaaaand I spoke too soon. Again. Apparently in between now and Dark Link, I managed to revert back to complete nooblet. He freezes whenever I try and edit collisions. I swear, if this project goes down the crapper like everything else I've done, I will end someone.

wilttilt

Smash Apprentice
Razanak, if this project goes down the crapper, I will end someone. Just keep on going, I'm sure it was just something simple.

DarkChris126

Smash Journeyman

Yep, I just got started on Majora's moveset. Now that it's begun, I think it's time to elaborate on the specific mechanics.

Majora is the second most playable boss, with almost a complete moveset, including a Final Smash (other bosses may have this ability too; that is undecided as of yet). Majora floats the entire battle, forcing you to jump in order to reach it. It's moves mainly consist of spinning, various lasers, and tentacle attacks (not like that, stop giggling).

While I'm at it, here's some things that all bosses will utilize.

The bosses all have 200 HP and permanent super armour. Once you rack up enough damage, the boss will die, and you win. Pretty simple.

Now here's the kicker. All bosses with come with 5 movesets, once for each difficulty; Easy, Normal, Hard, Very Hard and Intense. Each difficulty has different benefits for the boss.

Easy - +0 HP, 0% speed boost.
Normal - +50 HP, 10% speed boost.
Hard - +100 HP, 20% speed boost.
Very Hard - +150 HP, 30% speed boost.
Intense - +200 HP, 40% speed boost.

Alright, that's enough for now. There might be more to show tomorrow.

EDIT: Aaaaaaaaaand I spoke too soon. Again. Apparently in between now and Dark Link, I managed to revert back to complete nooblet. He freezes whenever I try and edit collisions. I swear, if this project goes down the crapper like everything else I've done, I will end someone.
razanak plz dont give up on this project. if you happen to come a cross a dificulty in your project ask mewtwo2000 for help. he is a very expeirenced stage hacker. by the way your still going to release the stage along with majora right.

Razanak7

Smash Ace
razanak plz dont give up on this project. if you happen to come a cross a dificulty in your project ask mewtwo2000 for help. he is a very expeirenced stage hacker. by the way your still going to release the stage along with majora right.
I'm not giving up, I'm just very irritated.

And... what do stages have to do with this?

Razanak7

Smash Ace
so are the bossed playble? or just to test yourself? and who will majora replace
The bosses replace normal characters (in Majora's case, Toon Link). Once a boss and their stage is done, they will both be released along with at least one song to go with them.

Also, for future reference for the other bosses:

Majora - Toon Link.
Bowser - ... Bowser. Dur.
Bongo Bongo - DK
Ganondorf - ... Ganondorf. Shocking.
Draygon - Bowser, again.
Phantoon - Ness
ROB Rocket - ROB. Egad.
??? - Meta Knight.

humble

Smash Ace
Just curious Razanak, but are you altering the AI to utilize the moveset, and if so, how? Also please make a version where they are extremely challenging and difficult, bordering on frustratingly close to impossible, as when I think of a Boss, I want a boss with which I will spend hours gritting my teeth and pulling at my hair until I reach that one moment where I defeat him, and it is all the sweeter for the challenge he presented.

Razanak7

Smash Ace
Just curious Razanak, but are you altering the AI to utilize the moveset, and if so, how? Also please make a version where they are extremely challenging and difficult, bordering on frustratingly close to impossible, as when I think of a Boss, I want a boss with which I will spend hours gritting my teeth and pulling at my hair until I reach that one moment where I defeat him, and it is all the sweeter for the challenge he presented.
As I said before, the bosses with have five difficulties, the hardest of which doubles their HP and increases their speed by 40%. Depending on how difficult they end up being, I might make another level with even more challenge.

dpgthirteen

Smash Apprentice
The bosses replace normal characters (in Majora's case, Toon Link). Once a boss and their stage is done, they will both be released along with at least one song to go with them.

Also, for future reference for the other bosses:

Majora - Toon Link.
Bongo Bongo - DK
Draygon - Bowser, again.
Phantoon - Ness
ROB Rocket - ROB. Egad.
??? - Meta Knight.
oh, okay but why over toon link? do you not like the character, easiest to do it on or because the mask is already converted on to him by bigsharkz?

Razanak7

Smash Ace
Wow, looks like everyone's making progress.

... That's new.

Also, +1 internets to whoever can guess what I meant when I mentioned Meta Knight earlier. And I'm not giving it away this time. >:D

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
wow, a lot I have missed D:
the awesome Majornas Mask, awesome toad textures, awesome cranky and awesome raymay and more ;_;
now, a not so really awesome stage D:

can't test it because I dont have my wii right now
but still a surprise to my GF x3
Majora - Toon Link.
Bongo Bongo - DK
Draygon - Bowser, again.
Phantoon - Ness
ROB Rocket - ROB. Egad.
??? - Meta Knight.
awesome :D
I wanna guess.
count bleck, galaxciaknight, marx (normal battle or soul)

Fen__

Smash Ace
I'm going to guess it's a boss that has actually been labeled as "???", but I can't think of any off the top of my head. Googlin'.

EDIT: Google doesn't actually use the question marks in the search. That's somewhat frustrating.

Razanak7

Smash Ace
****it D:
this is my last guess, then I dont have anymore ideas xD
nightmare
it sounds crazy xD
Wrong again. :3

I'm going to guess it's a boss that has actually been labeled as "???", but I can't think of any off the top of my head. Googlin'.

EDIT: Google doesn't actually use the question marks in the search. That's somewhat frustrating.
That's not it either. Although, in the game this character is from, there's another character whose name isn't known.

*evil laugh*

Play moar Amazing Mirror.

..huh, Nightmare looks like he'd go well over Ganondorf.
I never noticed that before. Someone should make this.

Senjen

Smash Apprentice
does anybody no a thread where i can show off 3D models made in a 3D modeling program Example Blender?

Pikazz nice stage btw ^^ hope your girlfriend likes it 0.0

Fen__

Smash Ace
does anybody no a thread where i can show off 3D models made in a 3D modeling program Example Blender?

Pikazz nice stage btw ^^ hope your girlfriend likes it 0.0
Maybe one of the social boards? Or do you mean models intended for importation?

Senjen

Smash Apprentice
@ Fen_

well i made a partner of paper mario Watt is her name ^^ one of the partner's from the first paper mario

here's what it looks like ... http://senjen.deviantart.com/#/d2u333v

it still needs modifying the nose and getting the colors right so i may pass it on to someone else <.<

Top Bottom