• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlBox Creation & Showcase Workshop: Post your BrawlBox stuff here!

xxTerminatorxx

Smash Journeyman
Oh well, FAIL. I had a feeling that probably wouldn't work. Fortunetely, we could still use the textures.
But of course it will probably won't and never will be as cool as if we could use the actual models from the game, but textures are good for now.

Get A Load of This!

Smash Journeyman
It's not Seismic Toss unless he creates and spins around a miniature planet.

Messing, that's awesome. You're looking for OpenSA by Dantarion by the way, should be an easy search.

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
It's not Seismic Toss unless he creates and spins around a miniature planet.

Messing, that's awesome. You're looking for OpenSA by Dantarion by the way, should be an easy search.
he is spinning around yesh :D
but I don't know if I can be able to put something like a planet in the middle :urg:

right now, it is over his throwHi but I have plans to make it his final smash x3
if I can make it though.

not that program, a "app" to PSA. I don't know the name xD
can you edit things in OpenSA? O.o last time i saw it, I couldn't move a thing

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Seismic toss should stay on up throw imo. The reason you can't have seismic toss be his final smash is because the pokemon final smashes are loaded from FitPokeTrainerFinal.pac. And all 3 pokes share the information from that file.

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
Seismic toss should stay on up throw imo. The reason you can't have seismic toss be his final smash is because the pokemon final smashes are loaded from FitPokeTrainerFinal.pac. And all 3 pokes share the information from that file.
Thanks for the informations about final smash :D
but if it are on throw up, it would be a very loooong throw

Gengar84

Smash Hero
I would imagine it would end up looking something like Kirby's up throw right? If you make the animation fast enough like Kirby's it shouldn't be that long.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Although for Kirby, that throw naturally moved that fast in the game that it originated from (I forgot the name, but it's the Ninja ability's throw move).

You could make him circle around once or twice and that would be good enough. It'd probably last as long as Bowser's >B if you did that.

IkeLawliet

Smash Apprentice
This is finally coming out, thanks to DDVB2

Body work is allllllmost done, just gotta do the blaster. The texture is mostly done as well, just needs some touching up.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Whoawhoawhoa, Spire?

You used to be on Stacksmash, right? Made an SA-X Samus texture, right?
Yes sir I did. It was the only texture I ever submitted to them because of computer restraints. I've been making texture hacks and such for myself since then, but I really want to try my hand at vertex editing now.
I remember that texture! It was one of the first ones I ever downloaded!
I used to have that as my green texture with the SA-ZSS.
To both of you: awesome!

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
Sweet model, I was planning on giving Anthony Higgs a backpack like that, but I didn't have a good enough vertex method by the time I released it. That jetpack looks fantastic on snake though.

xxTerminatorxx

Smash Journeyman
Sweet model, I was planning on giving Anthony Higgs a backpack like that, but I didn't have a good enough vertex method by the time I released it. That jetpack looks fantastic on snake though.
Speaking of Anthony Higgs and all those other Snake textures you made, why not keep ALL of that stuff in one pack so it dosn't take up as much space on the vault, and when somone gets the pack they get all of the textures.

It's like you got regular Anthony Higgs in one space, then you have Happy Anthony Higgs in another space on the vault. Putting that stuff in a pack would be alot easier and less space using.

He's finally here, everybody's favorite bounty hunter, Boba Fett!

See how Boba Fett/Snake is aiming the RPG-7 at the ground? We are gonna make a mod soon that's gonna allow him to aim it forward and make it have distance.

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
Speaking of Anthony Higgs and all those other Snake textures you made, why not keep ALL of that stuff in one pack so it dosn't take up as much space on the vault, and when somone gets the pack they get all of the textures.

It's like you got regular Anthony Higgs in one space, then you have Happy Anthony Higgs in another space on the vault. Putting that stuff in a pack would be alot easier and less space using.

I did that on purpose, as an experiment to know the popularity of the various choices I made, and the location from which people downloaded my files from. In fact, that was the primary reason I made such alternate choices to begin with. I realize that "it takes up more space of brawlbox submissions" and that as a pack, it would have received every download each one received combined, making it a somewhat popular snake download. I am not concerned about my textures being popular, and with each of these submission diluting the total downloads for that base costume, I can almost guarantee that, all but the most popular choice for the texture, will remain sunk in the sea of recolors and unpopular snake textures, out of the way for upcoming brilliant costumes for him. The results of that test, however, were very surprising and informative, and will certainly help me as I develop other ideas into textures.

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
This is finally coming out, thanks to DDVB2

Body work is allllllmost done, just gotta do the blaster. The texture is mostly done as well, just needs some touching up.
So MegaPuff X is obsolete then. I'm guessing that's Captain Falcon?

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
i dont know whats happened D:each time I am trying seismic toss in in brawl, there are still same as usally D:
only things happened is charzard using rock smash faster. (tried to make it over <B)
nothing else, no animations or things in psa :urk:
what is wrong?
Pikazz, just open FitPokeLizardon.pac in PSAmod and use a frame speed modifier to make the animation of seismic toss faster. ;D
wow, thanks :D

xxTerminatorxx

Smash Journeyman
I can almost guarantee that, all but the most popular choice for the texture, will remain sunk in the sea of recolors and unpopular snake textures, out of the way for upcoming brilliant costumes for him. The results of that test, however, were very surprising and informative, and will certainly help me as I develop other ideas into textures.
I see what you are saying. That is some deep stuff. I like the way you talk. I mean, wow, I understand how you feel about you're stuff being covered up by horrible textures and recolors nobody downloads. I feel the same way about my Metal Gear pack I released for Snake some time ago. It was so popular until people started making suckish recolors that cover up good stuff. Now my pack only gets like 10 downloads per day, and it's at 350 downloads. I was expecting alot more since the pack contained alot of stuff.

That's what KC:MM needs to fix. If a hack sucks, it needs to be taken off if it hasn't reached about 30 downloads in one week. If it was that way, the vault would be alot cleaner.

That rule is only for the character section, for items it should be somthing like 10 downloads in a week.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Not a good idea.

Especially for those hacks whose DLs fluctuate frequently.

Even the best hacks have fluctuating DLs and that idea can make older masterpieces difficult to find.

Roo525

Smash Ace
Well we should at least be able to sort them according to download amounts. I mean, a good hack will have more downloads, and therefore be higher on the list.

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
350 downloads still means its a popular download, seeing its on the first page of top downloads. But yeah, some textures are hard to imagine why they are so popular, when some of them took little effort to make and are the most downloaded, but they were the first textures made for popular ideas, and the general community doesn't always know quality when they see it.

Brawlvault shouldn't be limited, because I've seen plenty of quality hacks undiscovered with a low amount of downloads. The rules of the vault, unfortunately entirely unenforced, were designed to prevent the submission of recolors and low quality hacks, but that doesn't happen, and there are a lot of textures not worth downloading. Plus, I highly doubt KC:MM will do any clean up of brawlvault unless a texture is an issue of stealing or doesn't have the required stuff for an entry.

Anyways, you shouldn't worry about quality textures being unpopular at first, inevitably, they'll become recognized. Just make the textures you want to make, put in your best efforts, and disregard whatever the community thinks about it.

IkeLawliet

Smash Apprentice
Hmm, I dunno why, but I've never been such a big fan of showing full previews before the work is done. But, I'll cave and show this much. So, who do you think he's on?

Be aware, the texture is fairly unfinished. The model, however, is almost done.

DarkChris126

Smash Journeyman
Hmm, I dunno why, but I've never been such a big fan of showing full previews before the work is done. But, I'll cave and show this much. So, who do you think he's on?

Be aware, the texture is fairly unfinished. The model, however, is almost done.
Now i know that is over samus.

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
the head, body structure, but mostly the untextured waist gave it away, still, excellent work

edit: and the fact that there's few other options besides her

xxTerminatorxx

Smash Journeyman
Oh, I see you like Nintendo games.
So, you've been playing Super Smash Bros. Melee, haven't you?

I'mma workin' on Mantis' model. I used his unmasked textures since I can't get a vertex of him with a gas mask at the moment. Once it's done I'll send the model to you, Eternal Yoshi, so you can try to port it over Mewtwo.

Compare my model with this:

Friedslick6

Smash Cadet
Oh man, Psycho Mantis got buff XD . Well it's good for starters, but how on earth could a mask be made? Unless you made it out of his face...

Top Bottom